PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Drought in South Texas

Phil C
03-06-2009, 09:27 AM
The drought will end by March 18, 2009. There will be a good rain - not just one to settle the dust. The burn band will be lifted. But wait until you have permission from the San Patricio County Safety officer before you do banned outside fires. Remember - be official and safe.

sotex
03-06-2009, 03:30 PM
I sure hope you are right. How widespread do you think the rain will be?

Trashman
03-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The drought will end by March 18, 2009. There will be a good rain - not just one to settle the dust. The burn band will be lifted. But wait until you have permission from the San Patricio County Safety officer before you do banned outside fires. Remember - be official and safe.

Phil, I hope your right about this cause........

Here in Brownwood it is so dry that.................

1. Cows are giving birth to beef jerky.

2. The Rabbit Sheriff (game warden) is dusting the catfish at Lake Brownwood for ticks.

3. Milk cows are giving powdered milk.

4. The Red Cross has launched a wet blanket appeal.

5. The Government has introduced a water gun buy back program.

6. The two oak trees in my front yard are fighting over the dog.

7. When my daughter fainted it took 3 buckets of sand to bring her around.

8. The dogs in town are marking their territory with chalk.

9. Your only permitted to eat watermellon between 8:00 PM and 8:00 AM.

10. I bought a box of rasins the other day, only to find out they were actually watermellons.

:D

Phil C
03-06-2009, 03:38 PM
It will be widespread and the water reservoirs will get much needed additions. So I look for the Hill Country to get much rain also.

Old Dog
03-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Phil, sure hope and pray you are right. The old stock pond on our ranch is dry for the first time since it's construction in 1966. It is a sad site inceed.

Old Dog
03-12-2009, 03:10 PM
I want to personally thank Phil C for delivering on his promise of rain. We have gotten between 3" and 6" in Burnet County and it came mostly slow and soaked in. More is said to be on the way. I have seen around 4" in my gauge. No water has even made it to the stock pond that didn't fall directly on it.......soaks in too fast. There has already been too much damage to our grasses root systems, but nature can rebound amazingly sometimes.

It's too late to save most of the bluebonnets for this year, but is still much appreciated. If they can just grow enough to seed out, it should be okay in future years.

Trashman
03-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Got 2 inches of rain here at our house in Brown County. No puddles and the creek didn't even flow, just too dry. Hopefully we'll get some more on Friday or Saturday.:D

piratebg
03-14-2009, 08:13 PM
We go some good rain today Phil. I had standing water in my yard this morning. I haven't had that happen in a long time.

SintonFan
03-16-2009, 12:03 AM
I recorded .92" since last Wednesday. I love it!:D :clap: