PDA

View Full Version : Scouting Reports for teams at Regionals

STAggie
03-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Was thinking since I haven't seen but two of the teams play that are going to the regionals; it would be awesome to get some ideas of how the teams play. I will start with the two teams I have seen.

REGION IV

Sweeny

--Great gaurd play and you have to stop Hoover. Will shoot the three and if on will kill you. Not much height as their tallest guy is around 6'3"-6'4" but he plays much much bigger. To beat them you must stop Hoover and keep them off the offensive glass. They are extremely well coached and will be ready with a plan to stop the opposing team and they will execute it. I also think from the run they are having, they are firing on all cylinders and really hit their stride at a great time. I said it before and I will say it now, I would not be surprised to see them in Austin, although I think they are the underdog at the Region IV tournament.

Stafford

--Another team that relies heavily on their gaurds. Have 3-4 players who can and will handle the ball effectively and if on can shoot lights out. They don't have much height but #32 can jump out of the gym and will devour rebounds and sit around waiting on a dish to set up the dunk. Stafford loves to dribble penetrate and dish and if you can keep them from doing this their offense will suffer (Bellville did a great job of this the first half). Also, their gaurds do not like to play physical, Bellville set several hard screens on the press and it really seemed to disrupt the flow of their gaurds on defense. they were constantly looking around to make sure they weren't about to get blindsided. Stafford is a very beatable team if they aren't playing their game. Their whole coaching staff does a great job and they will be ready to play on Friday.

So give reports of teams that you have seen. Also, if you have seen Sweeny or Stafford let me know what you think.

Johnny Utah
03-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Hooker?? LOL

STAggie
03-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Hooker?? LOL

I knew I had his name wrong but couldn't think of what it was.

Johnny Utah
03-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Have heard that Aransas Pass is very well coached. Will flat out get after you. Coach has been there many times, do not over look them.
Have also heard that this might be the best West Oso team in some time. Size, speed, quickness, defense and offense and YOUTH. Going to be a great regional!!!