forum_guy
03-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Michael Smith of espn says 2 sources state the cowboys have released owens

formercougar18
03-05-2009, 12:05 AM
good decision cowboys.

Pmoney
Sportscenter is reporting that Micheal Smith has been told by 2 sources that T.O. has been released by the Dallas Cowboys!:eek: :eek:

gobbler grad
just saw that...this thread should get interesting...:thinking:

Pmoney
03-05-2009, 12:06 AM
ah you beat me lol

formercougar18
03-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Im glad he's gone but i jsut ahve a feeling that he will come back and bite us in teh butt

MJMbrahmas10
03-05-2009, 12:07 AM
this should open the offense up tons!!!!
no more dumn interceptions by romo forcin it to TO

gobbler grad
03-05-2009, 12:08 AM
where will he go now...stay in the NFC or head to the AFC...:thinking:

forum_guy
03-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10

u know i was waiting for cowboys fans to start that, lol, but seriously u forget you guys lost good draft picks for over rated roy williams...they need someone else to stretch the defense...if dallas would become a run first team they could be way better

Pmoney
03-05-2009, 12:10 AM
I am happy this will make Roy Williams get better by actually having the ball thrown to him more often instead of getting the ball on a third and 15 on a screen pass

SintonFan_inAustin
03-05-2009, 12:15 AM
havent paid to much attention to football news past month, did he do something recently that forced them to cut him or did Jerry Jones get pressured into changing the Cowboys image? last week Jerry Jones was asked how he felt about most fans wanting him to be less involved with the team and let his son maybe take over the handling of team transactions.

MJMbrahmas10
03-05-2009, 12:25 AM
i have been waiting for this move since the last couple games...i think one more season in dallas and it would have ended very badly for him.....he a very good receiver but if the cowboys plan on gettin to the super bowl they needed to lose this cancer....look at roy williams numbers in previous seasons and tell me he is overrated

coach
03-05-2009, 12:32 AM
stupidest decision i ve seen in a looonng time by the boys

coach
03-05-2009, 12:33 AM
quick somebody call rita and make sure she hasnt slit her wrist

IHStangFan
03-05-2009, 12:35 AM
If this is true, I've just gained a little respect back for the Cowboys that I lost years ago.

Good move by Dallas!! :clap:

coach

what games were u watching? the ints he forced were to whitten while TO was wide open

Bull's-eye
Originally posted by coach
quick somebody call rita and make sure she hasnt slit her wrist

Is T.O. her favorite player?

forum_guy
03-05-2009, 12:37 AM
roy williams is not worth the draft picks dallas used to aquire him brahmas

coach
03-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Is T.O. her favorite player?

thats an understatement

MJMbrahmas10
03-05-2009, 12:39 AM
that was one time or maybe two
but i know of atleast three forced throws...remember those slants he through him? i believe this will help the cowboys.....what did he do for the cowboys towards the end??? nothing!! now romo can play football and not worry about how many times he has thrown to TO and him and whitten can be bestfriends again!! and they can win the super bowl and everyone can still hate the cowboys

Keith7
03-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Bwahahahahaha thats the funniest thing ever

This is a good day to be cowgirls fan

Bull's-eye
03-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Any free agent receivers out there? Dallas will need to find help for Williams.

Maroon87
03-05-2009, 12:44 AM

Im wondering why they waited when they coulda cut him weeks ago and made a run at TJ Whosurmama?:thinking:

forum_guy
03-05-2009, 12:47 AM

yeah they can get joey galloway back, lol the bucs released him

mchavez
03-05-2009, 12:51 AM
Well I'm glad the Cowboys made this move, but all-in-all T.O. is an awesome athlete. He's not a bad person, just a bad teammate...lol. At least he's not killing dogs or carrying guns in a night club. Good Luck T.O.

pirate4state
03-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by coach
quick somebody call rita and make sure she hasnt slit her wrist thanks for the call. no more "I LOVE ME SOME ME" in blue & silver/white :(

mchavez
03-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Anybody listening to Stephen A. Smith on ESPN. I can't stand him! He's ripping the Cowboys and Romo a new one!

TexasHSFootball
03-05-2009, 12:58 AM
Cowboys don't even have a #1 pick... wasted on a washed up Roy Williams and video game wannabe (guess Blinky, Inky, Pinky and Clyde caught a second character in the path)

eagles_victory
Originally posted by mchavez
Anybody listening to Stephen A. Smith on ESPN. I can't stand him! He's ripping the Cowboys and Romo a new one! Romo is about as unproven as you can be so I didnt really disagree with him.

WylieBulldog92
Johnny Knox FTW!

mchavez
03-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Romo is about as unproven as you can be so I didnt really disagree with him.

I agree, but i meant i couldn't stand him cuz he's acting like T.O. didn't do anything.

Maroon87
03-05-2009, 01:03 AM
I agree, but i meant i couldn't stand him cuz he's acting like T.O. didn't do anything.

T.O. was just keeping it real...;)

Electus Unus
03-05-2009, 02:14 AM
I agree, but i meant i couldn't stand him cuz he's acting like T.O. didn't do anything. What did TO even do, nothing.

Now the Cowboys do not have a legit #1 at the receiver position. As for the person who said the offense will open up more, you my friend are a complete idiot. To me with the loss of TO the offense loses a legitimate deep threat and will be even more easy to defend.

IHStangFan
03-05-2009, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
What did TO even do, nothing.

Now the Cowboys do not have a legit #1 at the receiver position. As for the person who said the offense will open up more, you my friend are a complete idiot. To me with the loss of TO the offense loses a legitimate deep threat and will be even more easy to defend. come on man....you can't come in here and call someone an idiot because they don't share your views and/or opinions. :doh:

Phil C
03-05-2009, 09:19 AM
A terrible move by the Cowboys but that is to be expected lately. They fired the one coach this year whose unit produced. The Cowboys haven't made a good decision since they hired Coach Johnson and let him and the staff get the players needed to win 3 super bowls. Downhill ever since they got rid of him even though thanks to his getting the talent they did win one more Super Bowl. Don't expect anything from the Cowboys the next several years now.

Farmersfan
03-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
A terrible move by the Cowboys but that is to be expected lately. They fired the one coach this year whose unit produced. The Cowboys haven't made a good decision since they hired Coach Johnson and let him and the staff get the players needed to win 3 super bowls. Downhill ever since they got rid of him even though thanks to his getting the talent they did win one more Super Bowl. Don't expect anything from the Cowboys the next several years now.

The Cowboys have the talent to win it all now. But the division in the locker room and the EGO problems with the players kept them from performing up to the levels they were capable of. This was a great a move and the team will improve greatly by simply subtracting the T.O. influence OUT of the locker room. Rumors were that T.O. was actually the team leader and the younger players looked up to him. Any wonder they failed?
What I find so comforting is that they picked up Kidna. I would not be surprised if he takes Romo's starting job away from him. At the very least Romo will now have pressure to perform at a higher level..........Great news all around!

DDBooger
03-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
The Cowboys have the talent to win it all now. But the division in the locker room and the EGO problems with the players kept them from performing up to the levels they were capable of. This was a great a move and the team will improve greatly by simply subtracting the T.O. influence OUT of the locker room. Rumors were that T.O. was actually the team leader and the younger players looked up to him. Any wonder they failed?
What I find so comforting is that they picked up Kidna. I would not be surprised if he takes Romo's starting job away from him. At the very least Romo will now have pressure to perform at a higher level..........Great news all around! Kitna can throw past 15 yards! YES!!!! haha

I wouldn't say they'll be better just yet, but they may be more of a team, even if they go 9-7 again.

Farmersfan
03-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

Jimmy Johnson's only claim to fame in Dallas is that he brought discipline. He was an average coach at best. He failed on his second attempt to coach in the NFL and all his assistant coaches have been below average since leaving. Many, many of the successful draft picks during Johnson's era were not even his choices and many of his choices failed terribly. Johnson badly wanted Steve Walsh instead of Aikman. Most people understand that Johnson's success in Dallas came from the huge trade with the Vikings and Jones did that, not Johnson........

MJMbrahmas10
03-05-2009, 09:54 AM
im on the same track with you booger i believe there record wont be as good but come playoff time they will be better....ugh it makes me so mad when people dont see what to did to the team....yes he is a great player but its not worth....i guarantee romo will be bettter too. player and leader

Bearkat
03-05-2009, 10:01 AM
I heard this move will cost the COWBOYS $9,000,000 against the cap this year. Was T.O. really that bad of a teammate? I hate to pay a guy 9 million to play for someone else!!!

TheDOCTORdre
03-05-2009, 10:07 AM
The Cowboys have the talent to win it all now.
all we have now is witten to throw it to now...we need to pick up a reciever quick...whose still on the market...ocho cinco? harrison?

pirate4state
03-05-2009, 10:11 AM
....i guarantee romo will be bettter too. player and leader you guarantee it? Romo is that you? LOL

OldBison75
03-05-2009, 10:23 AM
The release of Owens will make the team chemistry better and may provide some more spirited play from some members of the team. However, TO was a great receiver when he caught the ball and was a legimitate threat the other teams had to respect. I think that Whitten and Roy Williams will be much better now as far as statistics. Dallas must find a quality receiver to replace TO and a dependable running back. I'm not talking superstar, but someone they can depend on for the tough yards and break one now and then. Barber can be that back if he can get totally healthy.

My view of the Cowboys is that the biggest problem is not necessarily the personnel, but the coaching staff. Philips must take control of the team and locker room and install discipline. Jerry will find a way to get personnel, even if they are not the pillars of the community. But, with different standards for different lockerroom personalities, there will never be a team focus and that is where they are not up to the level to compete in the playoffs.

Bullaholic
03-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Party at G$$'s house.....:D

I am glad to see this move by the Cowboys. I think the release of TO will have more positives than negatives. I just hope Jerry Jones learns that buying older players near the end of their careers with the big rep and pricetag is not the best way to build a Superbowl contender.

eagles_victory
03-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Party at G$$'s house.....:D

I am glad to see this move by the Cowboys. I think the release of TO will have more positives than negatives. I just hope Jerry Jones learns that buying older players near the end of their careers with the big rep and pricetag is not the best way to build a Superbowl contender. When you dont draft an offensive player for almost ten years in the first round you have to build your offense up somehow.

swstangs001
03-05-2009, 10:53 AM
i jsut heard safety roy williams got released to

Rocket
03-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Sorry Rita I had to do it...

"That's not fayer" - T.O.

Sweetwater Red
03-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by swstangs001
i jsut heard safety roy williams got released to

Nothing on the ESPN website about it. What is your source?

DU_stud04
03-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Nothing on the ESPN website about it. What is your source?

http://www.nbcdfw.com/sports/football/Cowboys-Cut-Safety-Roy-Williams.html

and the thread called another one bites the dust....
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92794

Farmersfan
03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
I heard Tory Holt has asked for his release from the Rams. Anyone share my thoughts that he would be huge for the cowboys? They have size but need someone quick for the accross the middle passes.........

Sweetwater Red
03-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
http://www.nbcdfw.com/sports/football/Cowboys-Cut-Safety-Roy-Williams.html

and the thread called another one bites the dust....

Yeah, thanks. I just read that bite the dust thread. :doh:

Bullaholic
03-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Roy Williams was a hitter who just got caught up in injury and game changes in recent years. I think he still has life as a situational run-stopper somewhere, and I wish him good luck. I appreciated the efforts that he made in Dallas---5 Pro-Bowl seasons until things sort of fell apart.

waterboy
03-05-2009, 11:19 AM
NM.....beat me to it.

Roy Williams has been cut. I'm really not surprised by this move. Roy said he wanted out, so he is out. As for the T.O. move, I think it's the best thing for the team as a whole, but it will hurt the offense. He was the go-to guy, even with his quirky "I want me some me" non-team, disruptive attitude. Without his production the Cowboys could have trouble offensively, unless they find a replacement player that can step up and be that go-to guy. It'll be interesting to see how this whole off-season translates on the field next season. I'm all for changes, so long as they are moves that remove the "I" out of the team concept. I think the team will be better off in the long run with these two moves, just not sure whether it's something that'll make the team any better this coming season. We shall see.

waterboy
03-05-2009, 11:22 AM
I heard Tory Holt has asked for his release from the Rams. Anyone share my thoughts that he would be huge for the cowboys? They have size but need someone quick for the accross the middle passes.........
I would hazard a guess that J.J. has already made contingency plans before the move to cut T.O.:thinking: I would not be surprised to see Tory Holt in a Cowboy uniform this coming season.

Pmoney
03-05-2009, 11:28 AM
is everyone forgetting Marvin Harrison is still out there in free agency? I think he would be a good fit for the cowboys even though he has had injury setbacks the past few yrs...although Holt might come cheaper than Harrison, either one would be a great addition

Bullaholic
03-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney
is everyone forgetting Marvin Harrison is still out there in free agency? I think he would be a good fit for the cowboys even though he has had injury setbacks the past few yrs...although Holt might come cheaper than Harrison, either one would be a great addition

This will probably ignite the old "character vs ability" argument again, but here goes anyhow.

I realize that there are no perfect players out there, but I sure would like to see Dallas continue to rid itself of any player who causes major problems on or off the field, and not acquire any who have the potential to cause such problems. Marvin Harrison has shown recently that he has a "silent" gang-banger mentality, and that bothers me. I hope the Cowboys can come up with players who have dedication, strong work ethics, will to win, good character, and above all---intelligence. Do I expect squeaky-clean professional athletes?---certainly not, but I would like to see some more players in Dallas who have their priorities straight for the huge dollars they are paid and reflect these qualities in their play.

It's called "Pursuit of Excellence" and, IMO, you won't achieve it in the long run without a good character and intelligence component coupled with superior athletic ability----especially when you carry the moniker---"America's Team".

Farmersfan
03-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney

Marvin had Manning throwing to him. He would not have near the success with Romo as his QB. Holt on the other hand is a more quick, stop and go receiver who Romo might actually be able to throw to. Of course Romo is proving lately that he really can't throw to anyone except the defense so it might be better if we talk about who would fit better with Kitna................:D

trojan37
03-05-2009, 11:54 AM
http://www.cnnsi.com/2006/images/12/13/p1_owens.jpg

SintonFan
03-05-2009, 12:21 PM
TO is out! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Maroon87
03-05-2009, 01:01 PM
I'd love to see the Cowboys get Torry Holt. He's still a great player stuck on a bad team.

STANG RED
03-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Anybody listening to Stephen A. Smith on ESPN. I can't stand him! He's ripping the Cowboys and Romo a new one!

This just confirmes that it was a good move by the Cowboys. SA Smith is a moron to the 10th degree.

Emerson1
03-05-2009, 03:40 PM
It doesn't matter who you have as your #1 receiver as long as Jason Garret is calling the plays.

Bullaholic
03-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It doesn't matter who you have as your #1 receiver as long as Jason Garret is calling the plays.

Not a Garrett fan, Emerson?

Emerson1
03-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Not a Garrett fan, Emerson?
Not a big fan of running every receiver 20+ yards downfield in an all or nothing offensive scheme.

Bullaholic
03-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Not a big fan of running every receiver 20+ yards downfield in an all or nothing offensive scheme.

A big part of the reason for that just went away.....I think things are going to be different now---maybe not where we would all like to see the Cowboy offense, but changes for sure.

forum_guy
03-05-2009, 03:58 PM
i would like to share a statement i read that is pretty good...

Now who are they going to blame for Romo's inaccuracy and his lack of ability to read the field? Defenses will double Witten and stack the line of scrimmage for the run game. Dallas will be lucky to win 8 games next year. They will definently not make the playoffs. Romo is good but, a great QB he's not.

:clap:

Sweetwater Red
03-05-2009, 04:02 PM

Did Dallas' O-line give the WRs time to get twenty yards down
field before the pocket collapsed?:thinking:

Emerson1
03-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Did Dallas' O-line give the WRs time to get twenty yards down
field before the pocket collapsed?:thinking:
Usually not

Electus Unus
03-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Ed Werder is such a douche.

BwdLions
03-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
i would like to share a statement i read that is pretty good...

Now who are they going to blame for Romo's inaccuracy and his lack of ability to read the field? Defenses will double Witten and stack the line of scrimmage for the run game. Dallas will be lucky to win 8 games next year. They will definently not make the playoffs. Romo is good but, a great QB he's not.
:clap:

Maybe they'll actually play as a team now. Are there any more trouble-makers on the team, or does that get it now? I look for Roy Williams to step up and make the plays now that T.O.'s gone.

DDBooger
03-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Ed Werder is such a douche. he has that weasel look about him don't he? haha well, what will he do now with no TO to provide him stories.

Electus Unus
03-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
he has that weasel look about him don't he? haha well, what will he do now with no TO to provide him stories. He just had a segment on NFL LIve and he had a smerk on his face the entire time.

Electus Unus
03-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Maybe they'll actually play as a team now. Are there any more trouble-makers on the team, or does that get it now? I look for Roy Williams to step up and make the plays now that T.O.'s gone. Roy is a possession receiver and he is not the threat that TO is.

Keith7
03-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Fear not Cowboys fans, the TO media circus will not leave town soon. You guys now get to hear TO bash the Cowgirls for the next year and then find out what the cowpie players think about it!

Texasfootball2
03-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Yes, there are a lot of reason's why cutting TO will have a positive affect on the Cowboys. But! It does leave somewhat of a void at WR. Now one the young recievers like Miles Austin is going to have to step in and be productive or the Cowboys are going to have to bring a free agent or make a trade. If they don't fill the void, Whitten's production will fall some and Roy Williams hasn't done much since he has dawned the star on his helmet. I do think it can work out for the Cowboys but they should have done it a couple of weeks ago when their were some good recievers being shopped around.

forum_guy
03-05-2009, 06:29 PM
of course this makes the locker room better but i dont get where people come off saying this makes the offense better

DDBooger
03-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Jerry Jones explains his decision (http://www.nfl.com/)

BreckTxLonghorn
03-05-2009, 07:18 PM

Quan Cosby would be a good pick in the 3rd or 4th round and give the 'Boys a great 3rd receiver (ie Wes Welker) to go with the vertical skills of RoyE and Crayton. He would also help in the return game.

I believe TO was a better overall receiver, but RoyE is great at getting off the line and separation, plus he's younger. This could start a youth movement for the Boys - RoyE, Crayton, Quan (please!), etc.

I was a TO fan, but I agree that it was his time to go. Hopefully this vertical passing game shift will play more to Romo's 'gunslinger' style and open up the unders for Witten.

Just my 2cents.

XtremeCouture
03-05-2009, 07:29 PM
it's funny how TO is the bad guy for being upset about the way the team performed and is hated by everyone yet tony romo doesn't care that they don't make the playoffs and plays like crap all year. jerry jones should have tried trading for jay cutler

Emerson1
03-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Romo played like crap all year? Throwing for 300+ yards in 6 of 13 games played is crap?

XtremeCouture
03-05-2009, 07:33 PM
yeah those yards mean so much when he can't throw to his teammates when it counts so sthu

whoa...language ... read rule #1

BreckTxLonghorn
03-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
yeah those yards mean so much when he can't throw to his teammates when it counts so sthu

Your opinion. Romo wasn't great, but he sure wasn't as bad as you make him out to be. Nice classy ending btw.

And Jay Cutler is the epitome of your above statement.

coach
03-05-2009, 07:44 PM

come on rook watch the language before you get embarrassed

SintonFan
03-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Hey hey hey!
Watch your words kiddo!:eek:
Are you 4 or 34? I guess your name says it all.:doh:

SpursFan
03-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
where will he go now...stay in the NFC or head to the AFC...:thinking:

Maybe he will go back to the 49ers since "forum guy" loves him so much LOL!!

pirate4state
03-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Sorry Rita I had to do it...

"That's not fayer" - T.O. It sure isn't! Darn that Jerry Jones anyway. ;)

Bull Butter
03-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
Fear not Cowboys fans, the TO media circus will not leave town soon. You guys now get to hear TO bash the Cowgirls for the next year and then find out what the cowpie players think about it!

I agree. Owens didn't fool me with that humble statement he released yesterday. He & Drew only did that because he doesn't have a contract . As soon as TO signs with another team get ready for the verbal grenades to be launched:eek:

Farmersfan
03-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I agree. Owens didn't fool me with that humble statement he released yesterday. He & Drew only did that because he doesn't have a contract . As soon as TO signs with another team get ready for the verbal grenades to be launched:eek:

I have a suspicion that the Raiders will be the only team to have an interest in Owens. Some rumors yesterday had the Titans as a possibility but I don't think they will want any more bad press after the Vince Young crap. Some on ESPN claims Fisher might be the only coach that can handle T.O.. I don't think Fisher is any more of a control coach than Reid was in Philly and T.O. walked all over that francise. Besides, Fischer didn't have great control over the Vince Young thing. No! I think Owens will go where old, tired players go to die.......... Oakland! And Good Riddance to the Cancer......

crzyjournalist03
03-06-2009, 11:00 AM
I actually think that the Cowboys will miss T.O. on the field more than they think they will right now.

If there's a silver lining in this all, it's that we can now definitively say that g$$ was wrong. The ticking time bomb never went off. In fact, even in his release, T.O. handed himself with maturity:

"I want to thank Jerry Jones, Coach Phillips and the Dallas Cowboys for the opportunity to be a member of the team for the past three years.

A big thanks to the fans -- you've been awesome! I look forward to the upcoming season and continuing to play in the NFL.

I would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to the families of Marquis Cooper, Corey Smith and William Bleakley."

Right on the homepage of TerrellOwens.com.

Quotes from the organization that just let him go:

"He met every expectation that I personally had and that we expected of him. Not one time have I ever asked Terrell to do something for our organization, for our team, that he didn't do. From that standpoint, I regret that we came to the decision that we did. But, still, our organization is going to move on without Terrell." -Jerry Jones

"Do I think it was a good move? I don't think it was a good move. Yeah, to me, I'm disappointed in it." -Greg Ellis

"I never understood all the hype and controversy about him being a distraction, because he's been a great teammate, at least from my experience. I guess he's the fall guy. I just don't understand it, and I don't know what else to say." -Jay Ratliff

Quotes taken from cowboysblog.dallasnews.com

If that's the long-promised explosion that T.O. caused in Dallas, then you have to say that g$$'s long-promised bomb was nothing but a dud.

Farmersfan
03-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I actually think that the Cowboys will miss T.O. on the field more than they think they will right now.

If there's a silver lining in this all, it's that we can now definitively say that g$$ was wrong. The ticking time bomb never went off. In fact, even in his release, T.O. handed himself with maturity:

"I want to thank Jerry Jones, Coach Phillips and the Dallas Cowboys for the opportunity to be a member of the team for the past three years.

A big thanks to the fans -- you've been awesome! I look forward to the upcoming season and continuing to play in the NFL.

I would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to the families of Marquis Cooper, Corey Smith and William Bleakley."

Right on the homepage of TerrellOwens.com.

Quotes from the organization that just let him go:

"He met every expectation that I personally had and that we expected of him. Not one time have I ever asked Terrell to do something for our organization, for our team, that he didn't do. From that standpoint, I regret that we came to the decision that we did. But, still, our organization is going to move on without Terrell." -Jerry Jones

"Do I think it was a good move? I don't think it was a good move. Yeah, to me, I'm disappointed in it." -Greg Ellis

"I never understood all the hype and controversy about him being a distraction, because he's been a great teammate, at least from my experience. I guess he's the fall guy. I just don't understand it, and I don't know what else to say." -Jay Ratliff

Quotes taken from cowboysblog.dallasnews.com

If that's the long-promised explosion that T.O. caused in Dallas, then you have to say that g$$'s long-promised bomb was nothing but a dud.

Nothing but a dud? Last year's Cowboys could possibly be the most underachieving team in the history of sports. Not all T.O.'s fault but he had a huge hand in creating the locker room environment that would lead to this kind of failure. And you are too quick to compliment on the quotes from either side. T.O. is shopping for a job so he will say nothing but respectful things until the new contract is signed and then we will all see the true T.O.......
I think the Cowboys will be less talented without him but could be 3 or 4 victories better for no other reason than better working environment and attitudes........

crzyjournalist03
03-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Nothing but a dud? Last year's Cowboys could possibly be the most underachieving team in the history of sports. Not all T.O.'s fault but he had a huge hand in creating the locker room environment that would lead to this kind of failure. And you are too quick to compliment on the quotes from either side. T.O. is shopping for a job so he will say nothing but respectful things until the new contract is signed and then we will all see the true T.O.......
I think the Cowboys will be less talented without him but could be 3 or 4 victories better for no other reason than better working environment and attitudes........

The problem with predicting an upswing in victories is that Tony Romo missed three critical games last season. I still believe that with him, they would have been 3-0 in that stretch, and that would have put them at 11-5 last year even with the December troubles.

Outside of one infamously unnamed source, what exactly do we know that T.O. did to bring down the Cowboys last year?

Bullaholic
03-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The problem with predicting an upswing in victories is that Tony Romo missed three critical games last season. I still believe that with him, they would have been 3-0 in that stretch, and that would have put them at 11-5 last year even with the December troubles.

Outside of one infamously unnamed source, what exactly do we know that T.O. did to bring down the Cowboys last year?

Jerry Jones knows that if he gets rid of all the "distractions", which he has done by request, that Wade Phillips, Jason Garrett, and Tony Romo will have no excuses for a poor 09' season, barring severe injuries to key players. I think he is obsessed with filling that new stadium with fans and a quality product.

coach
03-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Jerry Jones knows that if he gets rid of all the "distractions", which he has done by request, that Wade Phillips, Jason Garrett, and Tony Romo will have no excuses for a poor 09' season, barring severe injuries to key players. I think he is obsessed with filling that new stadium with fans and a quality product.

filling the stands? i think with TO you would put more bodies in the seat...thats just me

Emerson1
03-06-2009, 12:46 PM
I am pretty sure every game will be sold out within 5 minutes of single tickets going on sale. So it's an irrelevant argument.

Emerson1
03-06-2009, 12:48 PM

whoa...language ... read rule #1
The one game when Witten ran the wrong route?

What about that game when TO dropped a long pass when he had his man beat by 5 yards, and the cowboys ended up losing by less than 7?

waterboy
03-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Honestly, I like what Jerry Jones did. I never liked T.O., or his attitude, and for my entertainment buck, I say good riddance. I don't care if it means the Cowboys may not be as good a team or not, they will be more palatable to watch in my opinion. We will definitely see a big change in the whole demeanor of the Cowboys this year. I don't think the distractions caused by the soap opera atmosphere around the Cowboy team is the only reason they didn't live up to expectations this past season, but getting rid of some of those distractions will definitely have a positive effect. I think the single biggest factor this past season was injuries, but I'm glad the circus atmosphere is being addressed finally. Maybe some legitimacy and normalcy will be restored with some of these latest moves. Either way, I know I will watch the Cowboys regardless, and they will be easier to watch now, win or lose.

pirate4state
03-06-2009, 01:13 PM
blah, blah, blah

HATERS!

:tongue:

Sweetwater Red
03-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
blah, blah, blah

HATERS!

:tongue:

The Cowboys underacheiving is ALL T.O.'s fault isn't it?:confused:

pirate4state
03-06-2009, 01:18 PM

NO!!!

SintonFan
03-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Maybe they overacheived last year?:thinking:

Macarthur
03-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Those upset with the TO release, I think this article puts it quite well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkRQUbQNl__aPnAloW2.20JDubYF?slug=jc-cowboysroles030509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sweetwater Red
03-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
NO!!!

Well who then? We've got to blame somebody and apparently
Jerry Jones is off limits.:thinking:

forum_guy
03-06-2009, 01:43 PM
dallas would have been better getting bill cowher and been a run first team but i guess that would have been impossible since tony romo is supposed to lead the boys to the promiseland

Macarthur
03-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
dallas would have been better getting bill cowher and been a run first team but i guess that would have been impossible since tony romo is supposed to lead the boys to the promiseland

I think they will run more next year. I think they will try to utilize the talet they have at RB.

Bull's-eye
03-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I think they will run more next year. I think they will try to utilize the talet they have at RB.

Might see a lot Felix Jones catching balls out of the backfield or playing in the slot.

waterboy
03-06-2009, 02:04 PM
I think that with the right pieces in place, Romo will do just fine. The problem last year was breakdowns in the offensive line, plus the QB coach tried to change Romo's natural drop back, and the running game was nonexistent. I think if they just let Romo be who he is he'll do just fine, but they do have to address the offensive line situation. If they don't find a replacement for T.O.'s ability to stretch the field, either in-house with someone like Miles Austin, or go out and get someone, and fix the offensive line situation, they will suffer offensively no doubt. I don't think it'll be as hard to replace T.O. as some think. Just my opinion.....