Shannon is a big fans of Bruce and Charlie Robison

SintonFan_inAustin
03-04-2009, 11:27 PM
---------01 02 03 04 Total
Stafford -12 12 23 11 58
Bellville-- 11 09 15 17 52

Bull's-eye
03-05-2009, 12:27 AM
Great season Brahmas! Bellville ended the first half with some poor execution. Score should of been tied, but 2 late turnovers gave Stafford a 4 point lead. The Spartans took over in the 3rd period and built a 15 point lead, but Bellville made one last charge. Down by 5 and momentum in their favor, Bellville's guard drove the lane for a basket and one. One official called the block, but was overruled and Bellville was called for the charge. The basket was taken away and Stafford held on down the stretch for the win. IMO, officiating was very inconsistent and bad calls were made against both schools. If Bellville gets the block and a few calls go their way, they might have won this game. I do stress that Bellville lost this game closing out the half and a bad stretch of play to start the 3rd period. I was actually expecting more out of Stafford. They did a great job of capitalizing on missed shots & turnovers, but didn't shoot very well, especially in the first half. I hadn't seen the other playoff teams, but Stafford looked beatable.

MJMbrahmas10
03-05-2009, 12:31 AM
couldnt have said it better!!!!
i excpected a whole lot more out of stafford....i thought they were very beatable....dont forget good shooting by 31 and great offensice play by 23

IHStangFan
03-05-2009, 12:32 AM
WAY TO GO D26!!!!

Contrats to Sweeny and Stafford!!

44INAROW
03-05-2009, 12:42 AM
so who plays next?
Sweeny vs Aransas Pass
and
West Oso vs Stafford?

IHStangFan
03-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Great season Brahmas! Bellville ended the first half with some poor execution. Score should of been tied, but 2 late turnovers gave Stafford a 4 point lead. The Spartans took over in the 3rd period and built a 15 point lead, but Bellville made one last charge. Down by 5 and momentum in their favor, Bellville's guard drove the lane for a basket and one. One official called the block, but was overruled and Bellville was called for the charge. The basket was taken away and Stafford held on down the stretch for the win. IMO, officiating was very inconsistent and bad calls were made against both schools. If Bellville gets the block and a few calls go their way, they might have won this game. I do stress that Bellville lost this game closing out the half and a bad stretch of play to start the 3rd period. I was actually expecting more out of Stafford. They did a great job of capitalizing on missed shots & turnovers, but didn't shoot very well, especially in the first half. I hadn't seen the other playoff teams, but Stafford looked beatable. Sounds about like the Bellville/Needville game last week....but this time Bellville was on the losing end. Good season Bellville.

SHSBulldog00
03-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
so who plays next?
Sweeny vs Aransas Pass
and
West Oso vs Stafford?

No,

Stafford vs. Aransas Pass

Sweeny vs. West Oso

IHStangFan
03-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
No,

Sweeny vs. West Oso

Stafford SHOULD beat AP

Sweeny -vs- West Oso......MAN that'll be a good one. West Oso will more than likely be the favorite...but the way Sweeny has been playing in the playoffs I like their chances!!

GO BULLDOGS, GO SPARTANS!!! GO D26!!!

Bull's-eye
03-05-2009, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
No,

Sweeny vs. West Oso

So the R4 finals could be all D26 or all D31. There could be one of each, but I'm pulling for my neighbors in D26.

SHSBulldog00
03-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Sweeny did not shoot the ball well, but the defense and athletic ability were the difference against West Oso.

SHSBulldog00
03-05-2009, 01:14 AM
Sorry Goliad. I AM ALREADY THINKING OF THE REMATCH.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-05-2009, 01:47 AM
AP vs Stafford on Friday
West Oso vs Sweeny on Saturday

West Oso vs Sweeny earlier in the year, West Oso was also missing players. AP finished 4th going 3-1, West Oso 5th going 3-1 and Sweeny 1-3, All 3 teams lost to 4a Calallen who is in the final 4 in region 4. Sweeny lost to Calallen, Flour Bluff and West Oso all playoff teams. At the time it didnt looked to impressive but with Calallen still in the playoffs and Flour Bluff beating Calallen twice this year that was some good competition by the 3a teams in that tourney.

IHStangFan
03-05-2009, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
AP vs Stafford on Friday

West Oso vs Sweeny earlier in the year, West Oso was also missing players. AP finished 4th going 3-1, West Oso 5th going 3-1 and Sweeny 1-3, All 3 teams lost to 4a Calallen who is in the final 4 in region 4. Sweeny lost to Calallen, Flour Bluff and West Oso all playoff teams. At the time it didnt looked to impressive but with Calallen still in the playoffs and Flour Bluff beating Calallen twice this year that was some good competition by the 3a teams in that tourney. Sweeny was missing their starting PG if I'm not mistaken. Also...weren't all of these games close?

SintonFan_inAustin
03-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Calallen handled AP with not much problem, but played close games against West Oso and Sweeny, but AP beat Flour Bluff by 20 and Flour Bluff beat Sweeny in a close game. It was good tourney but i didnt think at the time Calallen was that good as they got blown away by a Private School for their only loss.

IHStangFan
03-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Calallen handled AP with not much problem, but played close games against West Oso and Sweeny, but AP beat Flour Bluff by 20 and Flour Bluff beat Sweeny in a close game. It was good tourney but i didnt think at the time Calallen was that good as they got blown away by a Private School for their only loss. yeah.....it's hard to say.....you figure....it WAS a tourney...and it was early in the year. I know from seeing them....Sweeny is looking GOOD. They seem to have elevated their game from the begining of the season. I'm willing to bet they play Oso close.

STAggie
03-05-2009, 09:24 AM
AP vs Stafford on Friday

I think both of these games are Friday night with the finals on Saturday at 4:30.

Bull's-eye
03-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm pulling for D26, remember they were a part of those former R3 teams that moved to R4 in this past realignment. Someone called these former teams R3 rejects, but looks like they have made their presence in R4. Bellville & Columbus in volleyball & Giddings & Bellville in DII football. Good luck to Sealy & Sweeny!

trg
03-06-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm pulling for D26, remember they were a part of those former R3 teams that moved to R4 in this past realignment. Someone called these former teams R3 rejects, but looks like they have made their presence in R4. Bellville & Columbus in volleyball & Giddings & Bellville in DII football. Good luck to Sealy & Sweeny!

I think you mean Stafford and Sweeny!!!

IHStangFan
03-06-2009, 09:33 AM
are these games going to be on the web anywhere?

IHStangFan
03-06-2009, 09:49 AM
I can't find anything as far as coverage for the regional tourney. It's a shame the games are being held in Corpus as this area is notorious for a LACK of internet and radio coverage for HS sports. And moreover....if your school doesn't start w/ Mary Carroll or Calallen the papers don't like to cover you.

IIRC Sinton was the only team in the area that ever had radio/internet coverage and they don't even have it anymore.

:(

BOOOOOO Corpus Christi....get w/ the times and start covering local HS sports!!! :mad:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-06-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm pulling for D26, remember they were a part of those former R3 teams that moved to R4 in this past realignment. Someone called these former teams R3 rejects, but looks like they have made their presence in R4. Bellville & Columbus in volleyball & Giddings & Bellville in DII football. Good luck to Stafford & Sweeny!

I also remember them calling this group R3 Rejects, Looks that the Rejects are looking to be the best of the R4.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I can't find anything as far as coverage for the regional tourney. It's a shame the games are being held in Corpus as this area is notorious for a LACK of internet and radio coverage for HS sports. And moreover....if your school doesn't start w/ Mary Carroll or Calallen the papers don't like to cover you.

IIRC Sinton was the only team in the area that ever had radio/internet coverage and they don't even have it anymore.

:(

BOOOOOO Corpus Christi....get w/ the times and start covering local HS sports!!! :mad:

Maybe they could move the games closer to Houston most the teams (R3 rejsects) that are in the R4 finals are near to Houston?

44INAROW
03-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Maybe they could move the games closer to Houston most the teams (R3 rejsects) that are in the R4 finals are near to Houston?
'
AP and West Oso - Corpus Area

Sweeny and Stafford - Houston Area

looks 50/50 to me

I do agree that CC has horrible high school coverage:(

IHStangFan
03-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
'
AP and West Oso - Corpus Area

Sweeny and Stafford - Houston Area

looks 50/50 to me

I do agree that CC has horrible high school coverage:( Maybe at least if it was in Victoria....

A. It's halfway inbetween and nobody gets to play in their back yard....

B. There's be some sort of radio coverage at LEAST I suspect. That area is good about airing HS sports on the radio.

Bull's-eye
03-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by trg
I think you mean Stafford and Sweeny!!!

Yes, my bad. Good luck Stafford & Sweeny! :)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Maybe at least if it was in Victoria....

A. It's halfway inbetween and nobody gets to play in their back yard....

B. There's be some sort of radio coverage at LEAST I suspect. That area is good about airing HS sports on the radio.

Maybe after todays games the R3 rejects both beat the not so powerfull district and the championship game could be moved to Houston? How many bye,s did that district(31) have in the playoffs?
Go R3 rejects win win win!!!!!!!

IHStangFan
03-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Maybe after todays games the R3 rejects both beat the not so powerfull district and the championship game could be moved to Houston? How many bye,s did that district(31) have in the playoffs?
Go R3 rejects win win win!!!!!!! I don't know man......West Oso is legit....I think Sweeny COULD get the win...but I wouldn't count on it. It should be one hellova game.