PDA

View Full Version : Los Mavs vs Los Spurs

Emerson1
03-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Just tipped off. Maybe Dallas can pull the upset.

and the los thing is stupid. If you are going to do it why not put the spanish word of the mascot too? It's like saying Los Mavso

Bull's-eye
03-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Mavs win and the West gets a little tighter. Houston loses to Utah and Portland was a winner over Indiana.

3afan
03-05-2009, 07:25 AM
Utah's on a tear

Mavs/Spurs, fun game - should give the Mavs some confidence

Bull's-eye
03-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Utah is very good, especially at home. They do get away with murder on the defensive end and are very good at flopping. Jerry Sloan must teach this style of play, very physical but when the opponent touches them, they go flying like they been shot by a sniper. Give the Utah fans some credit, they boo every call against their team. I'm sure the officials are intimidated.

Sweetwater Red
03-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
They do get away with murder on the defensive end and are very good at flopping. Jerry Sloan must teach this style of play, very physical but when the opponent touches them, they go flying like they been shot by a sniper.

San Antonio has set the league standard in this area for years.:thinking:

Bull's-eye
03-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

I think Utah takes the cake. I've seen plenty of SA games and they are nothing compared to Utah. The Jazz did a number on Yao Ming, with Okur & Ronnie brewer getting nominated for the Academy awards. Here's what Yao said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Kbx_w3NqE&eurl=http://www.clutchfans.net/

Sweetwater Red
03-05-2009, 01:49 PM
I think Utah takes the cake. I've seen plenty of SA games and they are nothing compared to Utah. The Jazz did a number on Yao Ming, with Okur & Ronnie brewer getting nominated for the Academy awards. Here's what Yao said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Kbx_w3NqE&eurl=http://www.clutchfans.net/
LOL! He said Shaq isn't a flopper. He might want to ask Stan Van
Gundy about that.:D

Ming better be careful or he might join Tim Duncan and Rasheed
Wallace as the only players to have never commited a foul in their
entire career.:devil:

Bull's-eye
03-05-2009, 02:04 PM
LOL! He said Shaq isn't a flopper. He might want to ask Stan Van
Gundy about that.:D

Ming better be careful or he might join Tim Duncan and Rasheed
Wallace as the only players to have never commited a foul in their
entire career.:devil:

Shaq has typically been one that doesn't flop, I think he was tired of getting hosed by the Refs. Yao doesn't usually say too much about the officiating, but as of late, he has been on the wrong side of too many bad calls. Playing against Chicago, Yao wasn't even allowed to receive a pass in the 4th qtr. Players were holding him and doing whatever they could to keep him from getting the ball. I think Yao just wants the refs to call it the same way on both ends.

eagles_victory
03-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Shaq has typically been one that doesn't flop, I think he was tired of getting hosed by the Refs. Yao doesn't usually say too much about the officiating, but as of late, he has been on the wrong side of too many bad calls. Playing against Chicago, Yao wasn't even allowed to receive a pass in the 4th qtr. Players were holding him and doing whatever they could to keep him from getting the ball. I think Yao just wants the refs to call it the same way on both ends. How come you didnt post the videos to what Tyrus Thomas did to Yao? lol

Maroon87
03-05-2009, 03:01 PM

Bill Laimbeer invented this area.

Sweetwater Red
03-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Bill Laimbeer invented this area.

Why you gotta bring up old "crap"?!?!:D

Bull's-eye
03-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
How come you didnt post the videos to what Tyrus Thomas did to Yao? lol

You know why, I'm a Rocket fan! :D Thomas can leap and that was a terrific block on a hook shot by Yao. You got to remember, even though Yao is 7'6", he doesn't get any kind of elevation off the ground. Yao gets blocked quite a bit and he probably loses 70% of the tipoffs.

eagles_victory
03-05-2009, 04:58 PM
He could become like Shawn Bradley and not even jump the tip.

SintonFan
03-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Congrats Mavs. That was a good win for you guys.

Bull's-eye
03-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Here's a good video of Utah flopping. Watch Dirk make his move and then there's a short delay before AK47 goes flying. This is hliarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEx4JUDeyAQ&eurl=http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=164074

crabman
03-05-2009, 11:57 PM
I was at the Spurs/Mavs last night. Four rows behind the Mavs bench. Best seats I have ever had for a pro game. Dudes are unbelievably huge when you are up close. Even guys like Parker or Kidd are big dudes.

Being that close I did get to notice one thing. Tony Parkers eyes are going a million miles an hour on offense. It is weird the way he surveys the floor, the shot clock, his players, his defender and his path to the basket, all at the same time. He was by far the fastest player on the court. He went off for 37 points but the Spurs only shot 14 for 40 in the second half to lose it.

crzyjournalist03
03-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Personally, I find the whole "los" thing disgraceful and although I don't have a drop of hispanic blood in me, I find it offensive.

"LOS" is nothing more than the word "the" in spanish. You don't put "The Mavericks" or "The Spurs" on your regular jerseys, so why does adding the word "Los" pay respect to Hispanic Heritage in any way whatsoever? "Maverick" and "Spur" are the same word in English and Spanish, so it's not as bad, but when you have "Los Lakers" or "Los Jazz" or "Los Hornets", it's incredibly disrespectful.

Bull's-eye
03-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Probably just a money making deal, I'm sure they sell jerserys, t-shirts & caps. February was black history month, so I guess they try to honor the different cultures.