PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Baseball Coach

Bone Pile
03-04-2009, 09:50 AM
I heard that Columbus Baseball Coach will be leaving after this season. Any truth to that? Probably will make some sad and some happy.

BV Sports Fan
03-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Great guy, tremendous coach. He is not a young coach by any means, but he's not that old. Son is graduating this spring.

FbCoachB40
03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
You guys cannot be talking about the same coach that I am thinking of. Some will be happy, some will be sad?

Who would be sad?

I heard this guy yell at the first base coach at Wharton, "If you keep relaying signs to the hitters...We're gonna start plunking them!"

UNBELIEVABLE!!

I also saw him at Wharton before taking infield write CC on top of the mound. All the players started laughing...Wharton got the last laugh after run ruling them in the 5th

Johnnypaycheck
03-04-2009, 02:02 PM
as with coaching business, you are always going to make some happy and some angry. Eddie is a good coach that fortunately I haven't had any run in's with. Best of luck in whatever he decides to do. (if there is any truth to this rumor.)

PutMeInCoach
03-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40

I also saw him at Wharton before taking infield write CC on top of the mound. All the players started laughing...Wharton got the last laugh after run ruling them in the 5th

Many coaches have their "little" superstitions. Many years ago, I remember seeing the Robstown baseball coach do his "voodoo" by 3rd base....got the other team focused on that instead of the ball game.

Maybe the coach was trying to get in the heads of the other players...you never know. It's worked many times in the past and I am sure it will work again.

Johnnypaycheck
03-04-2009, 02:28 PM
heard a story of a coach that would leave his cap in the 3rd base coaching box when he'd go back to the dugout. weird stuff.

Kickin It
03-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
You guys cannot be talking about the same coach that I am thinking of. Some will be happy, some will be sad?

Who would be sad?

I heard this guy yell at the first base coach at Wharton, "If you keep relaying signs to the hitters...We're gonna start plunking them!"

UNBELIEVABLE!!

I seriously doubt that he meant it as any disrespect to Wharton. Maybe it was a motivation thing to his pitcher, if he even did that at all. The only thing that your post shows is that you don't like him and are trying to stir something up!! He is a classy, not to mention good, baseball coach that has the respect of his team and fans loyal to Columbus. You should probably try to schedule a lecture with him and learn a little class yourself!!

duckhunter
03-04-2009, 02:44 PM
personally the man has been very respectfull to me in the past, but i have seen his team and him do some very classless acts before

pancho villa
03-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
heard a story of a coach that would leave his cap in the 3rd base coaching box when he'd go back to the dugout. weird stuff.

I heard this coach that had pants so small that it made him pass out.

Bone Pile
03-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Kickin It
I seriously doubt that he meant it as any disrespect to Wharton. Maybe it was a motivation thing to his pitcher, if he even did that at all. The only thing that your post shows is that you don't like him and are trying to stir something up!! He is a classy, not to mention good, baseball coach that has the respect of his team and fans loyal to Columbus. You should probably try to schedule a lecture with him and learn a little class yourself!!
KickIt Pull your head out of the sand. There are a lot of fans,parents,players and other coaches that really dislike him. I hear he has some done classless things even after talkings to from AD,superintendant and some school board members. He has very few people,as I have heard,that actually respect him. Forget the lecture,you won't learn anything.

Kickin It
03-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Bone Pile
KickIt Pull your head out of the sand. There are a lot of fans,parents,players and other coaches that really dislike him. I hear he has some done classless things even after talkings to from AD,superintendant and some school board members. He has very few people,as I have heard,that actually respect him. Forget the lecture,you won't learn anything.

I you read the post, it said loyal Columbus fans, not those who put other issues ahead of the concept of team!! You are the same one who posted about his son not being a very good player, which so far has not proved true!!

pirate4state
03-04-2009, 03:08 PM
From Rule #3:
We are not here to air personal vendettas... we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches.