PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to all "Mean Moms"

Ranger Mom
12-23-2003, 10:43 AM
Someday when my children are old enough to understand the logic that motivates a parent, I will tell them:

I loved you enough ...to ask where you were going, with whom, and what time you would be home.

I loved you enough ... to insist that you save your money and buy a bike for yourself even though we could afford to buy one for you.

I loved you enough ... to be silent and let you discover that your new best friend was a creep.

I loved you enough ... to make you go pay for the bubble gum you had taken and tell the clerk, "I stole this yesterday and want to pay for it."

I loved you enough ... to stand over you for two hours while you cleaned your room, a job that should have taken 15 minutes.

I loved you enough ... to let you see anger, disappointment and tears in my eyes. Children must learn that their parents aren't perfect.

I loved you enough ... to let you assume the responsibility for your actions even when the penalties were so harsh they almost broke my heart.

But most of all, I loved you enough ... to say NO when I knew you would hate me for it.

Those were the most difficult battles of all.

I'm glad I won them, because in the end you won, too.

And someday when your children are old enough to understand the logic that motivates parents, you will tell them.............

Was your Mom mean? I know mine was. We had the meanest mother in the whole world!

While other kids ate candy for breakfast, we had to have cereal, eggs, and toast. When others had a Pepsi and a Twinkie for lunch, we had to eat
sandwiches. And you can guess our mother fixed us a dinner that was different from what other kids had, too.

Mother insisted on knowing where we were at all times. You'd think we were convicts in a prison.

She had to know who our friends were, and what we were doing with them.

She insisted that if we said we would be gone for an hour, we would be gone for an hour or less.

We were ashamed to admit it, but she had the nerve to break the Child Labor Laws by making us work. We had to wash the dishes, make the beds, learn to cook, vacuum the floor, do laundry, empty the trash and all sorts of cruel jobs. I think she would lie awake at night thinking of more things for us to do.

She always insisted on us telling the truth the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

By the time we were teenagers, she could read our minds. Then, life was really tough!

Mother wouldn't let our friends just honk the horn when they drove up. They had to come up to the door so she could meet them.

While everyone else could date when they were 12 or 13, we had to wait until we were 16.

Because of our mother we missed out on lots of things other kids experienced. None of us have ever been caught shoplifting, vandalizing
other's property or ever arrested for any crime. It was all her fault.

Now that we have left home, we are all educated, honest adults.We are doing our best to be mean parents just like Mom was.

I think that is what's wrong with the world today. It just doesn't have enough mean moms and dads.

<small>[ December 23, 2003, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

BulldogGrl64
12-23-2003, 10:56 AM
Wow Ranger Mom, it makes me feel like I should be saying I'm sorry to you and that I love you too. :D LOL Makes me feel like I should say "I'm sorry" and "I love you" to all moms! :) LOL

CHS_Grad '85
12-23-2003, 10:58 AM
Funny... I usally tell everyone if your kids say you're mean... then you're doing a great job... I always take it as a compliment (even if it's not my kid)... now I know why... thanks Ranger Mom... Here's to all the MEAN MOMs & DADs out there... Merry Christmans & A Happy (& safe) New Year!!!

CHS_Grad '85
12-23-2003, 11:00 AM
BulldogGrl64:
...Makes me feel like I should say "I'm sorry" and "I love you" to all moms! :) LOLJust say it to your mom and I'm sure that'll count... wink

DawgMama
12-23-2003, 11:03 AM
This is all so true! I tell my parents all the time how sorry I am for the brat I was, now that I am a Mean Mom too!

Merry Christmas to all the Mean Moms and Dads out there!

pirate4state
12-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Ranger Mom, my parents were mean. My dad made me go back and pay for gum I had "found" after I was told I couldn't have it. Boy was that scary, but it taught me a well deserved lesson!! I never had a curfew, but it didn't matter b/c none of my friends could stay out all night & really what is there to do in a small town?? :D He'd find out anyway!! And it is a sad fact that there are very few of those "Mean Parents" around these days. BUT to those of you out there enforcing all these "rules" -- I say keep it up & the child you raise, will one day come home, give you a big hug & kiss and say THANK YOU!! I know I did!! :)

As always good post Ranger Mom!! Merry Christmas everyone & God Bless!!

poncho
12-23-2003, 01:15 PM
Wow! reading that brought back memories for me. Thanks for making me reflect. :cool: wink

<small>[ December 26, 2003, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]</small>

20dawgz05
12-23-2003, 04:37 PM
even though im far from bein ALL grown up i can still admit that even though my mom was SOOOOOO MEAN AND UNFAIR haha she did and still does all those things b/c she loves me....and maybe in 5 years i can admit that to her but for now its just between us haha!!!! :D

LH Panther Mom
12-23-2003, 11:37 PM
I think I'll print this off and give it to my middle son - I'm realllly mean to him. You don't truly understand this until you have kids of your own. I know I didn't.

SintonFan
12-24-2003, 10:40 PM
I printed this out for my mother and she really, really liked it. Thanks Ranger Mom!
:cool:

poncho
12-26-2003, 03:25 PM
<small>[ December 26, 2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
12-27-2003, 12:02 AM
To One Mean Mom, from another Mean Mom............
"Amen!! Have a very, very Happy New Year!!"

Love,
Ya Ya

spaniard
12-27-2003, 01:40 AM
man, that was awesome. i know its been said several times on this thread, but i am glad my parents were so mean. hehe, one year out of high school was all it took me to realize the meanness had a point. all of you high school kids on here need to realize that you dont know everything, i used to think i did, but that all changed when i got out on my own. parents are awesome, and i never understood that when i lived at home, i was such a terd to them.