PDA

View Full Version : Texas

eagleqb_14
03-02-2009, 07:26 PM
THE LONGHORNS ARE STRUGGLING IN B BALL THIS YEAR. CAN THEY BEAT BU. they need a PG:confused:

Emerson1
03-02-2009, 07:31 PM
YES THEY CAN THEY ALREADY BEAT OU EVEN IF IT WAS WITHOUT GRIFFIN PLAYING THE ENTIRE GAME.

eagles_victory
03-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
THE LONGHORNS ARE STRUGGLING IN B BALL THIS YEAR. CAN THEY BEAT BU. they need a PG:confused: Balbay isnt that bad the problem is there isnt one consistent player on the whole team. Gary Johnson has been the most consistent but he is battling injuries right now.

WHS02
03-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
YES THEY CAN THEY ALREADY BEAT OU EVEN IF IT WAS WITHOUT GRIFFIN PLAYING THE ENTIRE GAME.
I think he or she meant baylor university. If you are talking about texas beating ou yes they did just as ou beat them. Texas will not be playing kansas for the big 12 champ this year though. ou will be playing kansas. also it seems that if texas's key player was out-say aj abrams then they would not have a chance against anyone.

sahen
03-02-2009, 08:39 PM
baylor's struggles make texas's struggles this year seem minor...the horns should have no probs w/ the bears in austin...

WHS02
03-02-2009, 08:43 PM
i think that texas will pull the home win out but as everyone knows things can turn on a dime. Although this year it seems that the home court advantage really really helps.

PurplePride2006
03-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Texas up 15-7 early, hope they can hold on for the W in Austin

Horns FT shooting is horrific, Balbay is like 25%

WylieBulldog92
03-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by PurplePride2006
Texas up 15-7 early, hope they can hold on for the W in Austin

Horns FT shooting is horrific, Balbay is like 25%
Balbay isn't a shooter from anywhere if you haven't noticed they play half-court defense on him as if he is a center when he is out on the perimeter.

PurplePride2006
03-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Texas pulls out a big win, 73-57.

Horns balanced on the offensive side of the ball, with Pittman scoring 16 and Abrams/Mason both with 14

Gobbler Fan
03-03-2009, 08:17 AM
PG has been the problem for the longhorns but Balbay has been a good temp. fix but really is not a good enough shooter to draw attention to himself and take the dbl. teams off of Abrams . I predict a second round loss in the NCAA tourney for the Longhorns. Next Year with Jai Lucas coming aboard along with the other 3 Nationally ranked recruits Texas will be getting the Horns will be lights out by Mid season 2010 .

BwdLions
03-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
PG has been the problem for the longhorns but Balbay has been a good temp. fix but really is not a good enough shooter to draw attention to himself and take the dbl. teams off of Abrams . I predict a second round loss in the NCAA tourney for the Longhorns. Next Year with Jai Lucas coming aboard along with the other 3 Nationally ranked recruits Texas will be getting the Horns will be lights out by Mid season 2010 .

I figure a 2nd round exit is about right. However, I could see them losing in the first round if they draw the wrong team.

swstangs001
03-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Abrams went from being the most reliable to the most inconsistent, he used to always get open no matter how many people were on him and now he jsut can't make shots half of the time

Stownhorse
03-03-2009, 07:04 PM
TEXAS NEEDS A LEADER.

Balbay is terrible if you ask me. He doesnt score enough points.

WestTxschwab
03-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Texas owns baylor, good win. I think they need to win some at the 12 tourney to lock up a spot.

eagles_victory
03-04-2009, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
TEXAS NEEDS A LEADER.

Balbay is terrible if you ask me. He doesnt score enough points. He is a point guard the job of the position isnt too score its to get your teammates involved and make the other four guys better players. Now his jump shot is terrible but he has been a big improvment over the other point guards they have been playing esp Mason.

Balbay is actually the perfect backup point guard gets the guys involved and plays good defense he has just been forced into a bigger role because lack of talent on the roster next year he will be a backup and i think he will thrive in that role.