PDA

View Full Version : this guy is starting to become a cheater in my eyes

coach
03-02-2009, 03:28 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Astounding-allegations-Bill-Belichick-did-somet?urn=nfl,144951

Farmersfan
03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Wasn't there a bunch of talk a few weeks ago that Cassel was going to be designated the Francise player in New England. You would think they would understand they could get more for him than a second round pick.

Emerson1
03-02-2009, 04:01 PM
He was franchised so that they could trade him instead of him just leaving for nothing.

Keith7
03-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Wasn't there a bunch of talk a few weeks ago that Cassel was going to be designated the Francise player in New England. You would think they would understand they could get more for him than a second round pick.

They did franchise tag Cassel.. It was actually pretty smart what they did. Instead of just letting him go to free agency and not get anything in return for him, they franchise tagged him and found someone to trade for him. So Cassel still gets to leave and will make some serious $$ and the Patriots get a draft pick to boot.

BreckTxLonghorn
03-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Franchising was smart, but the article makes a good point.

Pats could've gotten the 12th (and an additional 4th rounder) for Cassell alone.

Why did they only get a second rounder, and had to give up Vrabel to boot?

DDBooger
03-02-2009, 04:20 PM
a friendly gesture, but apparently could be against the rules.

Texasfootball2
03-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Franchising was smart, but the article makes a good point.

Pats could've gotten the 12th (and an additional 4th rounder) for Cassell alone.

Why did they only get a second rounder, and had to give up Vrabel to boot?

It's about down the road $$$. The Pats didn't want to have to pay a high first round pick. They have had great success with second and third round picks and the $$$ is a whole lot less and keeps them in good cap shape.

Bullaholic
03-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Ever heard of "insider trading"?--Well, we just saw one. Pioli and Belichick have got more going on than meets the eye on this one. Not saying anything illegal was done, but where do you suppose Belichick could end up as head coach if things don't go well in NE?

Farmersfan
03-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
They did franchise tag Cassel.. It was actually pretty smart what they did. Instead of just letting him go to free agency and not get anything in return for him, they franchise tagged him and found someone to trade for him. So Cassel still gets to leave and will make some serious $$ and the Patriots get a draft pick to boot.

Mark my words: Foul play is at work in this deal. We will hear more down the road.

Emerson1
03-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Is collusion against NFL rules?

Farmersfan
03-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
It's about down the road $$$. The Pats didn't want to have to pay a high first round pick. They have had great success with second and third round picks and the $$$ is a whole lot less and keeps them in good cap shape.

Perhaps you would like to plead insanity for this statement????

STANG RED
03-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Is collusion against NFL rules?

Under their collective bargaining agreement, I have little doubt that it is. And it may even be illegal, if that is in fact what went on here. I dont think anyone would be surprised to find out somewhere down the road that something shady went on here. The deal just has a foul odor to it imo.

LOL, I love this line I just read in an article. So true, so true. LOL
This is Bill Belichick we're talking about here. He'd cheat in a game of Connect Four against a poor orphan child. He didn't become the coach he is by doing people "favors."

Txbroadcaster
03-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
but where do you suppose Belichick could end up as head coach if things don't go well in NE?

he could go where ever he wanted to for how much money he wanted.

Bullaholic
03-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
he could go where ever he wanted to for how much money he wanted.

But NOT with a bunch of players who already know his system and like to play for him, plus a GM that he is very cozy with.

DDBooger
03-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
he could go where ever he wanted to for how much money he wanted. I agree, but we know he isn't going anywhere. Love him or hate him, he wins. Even when he loses (not making the playoffs) he wins (11-5). The guy has a no nonsense team, he only takes people who will buy into it.

STANG RED
03-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I agree, but we know he isn't going anywhere. Love him or hate him, he wins. Even when he loses (not making the playoffs) he wins (11-5). The guy has a no nonsense team, he only takes people who will buy into it.

Cant argue with that. The guy is most certainly a winner.