PDA

View Full Version : Blu-Ray Movie Rentals

ILS1
03-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Maybe I got a couple of bad copies or that's what Hollywood Video is doing. I rented 2 (supposedly) blu-ray movies. The quality was not near or even close to the few blu-ray movies that I have bought. Then I read on the box that it was a 'digital copy' of the movie. Which means to me it wasn't a TRUE blu-ray movie? Does any agree or had the same problem?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

DU_stud04
03-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Maybe I got a couple of bad copies or that's what Hollywood Video is doing. I rented 2 (supposedly) blu-ray movies. The quality was not near or even close to the few blu-ray movies that I have bought. Then I read on the box that it was a 'digital copy' of the movie. Which means to me it wasn't a TRUE blu-ray movie? Does any agree or had the same problem?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: digital copy .... haha, most of the movies now are coming with a digital copy( smaller file so you can save to ipod, computer, ps3 so it doesnt take up much file space) and then the main movie with better quality. if its not coming with both discs when youre renting them, id be pretty po'd... especially if i had paid more to rent a blue ray(not sure if you acctually pa more)... either way,... id be upset with the movie place. if it says digital, its not blueray.

ILS1
03-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
digital copy .... haha, most of the movies now are coming with a digital copy( smaller file so you can save to ipod, computer, ps3 so it doesnt take up much file space) and then the main movie with better quality. if its not coming with both discs when youre renting them, id be pretty po'd... especially if i had paid more to rent a blue ray(not sure if you acctually pa more)... either way,... id be upset with the movie place. if it says digital, its not blueray.

Thanks!!! That's what I figured. Yes, I did have to pay more $5.99 per movie compared to $3.99 for DVD. Now, I'm PO'd!!! Thanks for the help!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Emerson1
03-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks!!! That's what I figured. Yes, I did have to pay more $5.99 per movie compared to $3.99 for DVD. Now, I'm PO'd!!! Thanks for the help!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Get netlix or Blockbuster online. They have blu-rays

ILS1
03-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Get netlix or Blockbuster online. They have blu-rays

Might have to check out Netflix. Sorry, I've had a couple of bad experiences with Blockbuster!!! Thanks.

:D :D :D

Emerson1
03-02-2009, 02:18 PM
I actually liked Blockbusters online service better because we got movies faster.

But netflix is a dollar cheaper and you get unlimited streaming movies.

DU_stud04
03-02-2009, 02:19 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: just remember, if it has the dvd symbol on the disk and not the blueray.... its not a blue ray
http://www.megaleecher.net/uploads/Blu-ray.jpg

DDBooger
03-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I actually liked Blockbusters online service better because we got movies faster.

But netflix is a dollar cheaper and you get unlimited streaming movies.
yup, I got both also, depending on how bad I wanna see something is how I make my decision. With Netflix I watch all the seasons of THE OFFICE when I want. :clap:

DU_stud04
03-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
yup, I got both also, depending on how bad I wanna see something is how I make my decision. With Netflix I watch all the seasons of THE OFFICE when I want. :clap: thats how i got addicted to the show. and now for that i love netflix :)

DDBooger
03-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
thats how i got addicted to the show. and now for that i love netflix :) me too, I watched all four seasons over Xmas holidays. recently caught up on 30 Rock as well.

ILS1
03-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
me too, I watched all four seasons over Xmas holidays. recently caught up on 30 Rock as well.

I've been a fan of '30 Rock' since the very 1st episode. I have to say that now that it has gotten more popular. More stars are making guest appearances and the writing has got alot better!!! I'd say the 1st season the writing wasn't the absolute best but better than most shows on TV now!! I've had a crush on Tina Fey since her SNL days!!! Alec Baldwin has finally found his niche!!! He's da bomb!!!

:D :D :D

Emerson1
03-02-2009, 02:54 PM
I need to try 30 Rock from the beginning. I watched one episode this season and didn't laugh once.

ILS1
03-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Has anyone tried Redbox?? I have an account. I love it. Easy to use,guaranteed online rentals and best of all $1 + tax a day. They just recently added Blu-Ray movies. Hasn't officially rolled out. But they have some movies at select Redboxs at select WalMart stores. Right now you can't rent them online, you have to physically check if there available in your area. I will try and check later today.