PDA

View Full Version : Do you hate us too??

Ranger Mom
06-26-2002, 02:00 PM
I am so happy to find a 3A board. Last year I went to Friday Night Headbangers. While it is a fairly good board (despite all the trash talk) it seemed to be more 1A - 2A. Anytime I posted about Greenwood - I heard how stuck-up we were, how dirty we played, etc. I finally quit posting under my "username" to stop the harassment. I don't mind criticism, I KNOW we aren't perfect, but I never slammed another team that we played. Just wanna know if we can all be friends?? I have 3 boys who play football, so I am trying to learn all I can.
Thanks!!

sinton66
06-26-2002, 03:02 PM
I think you'll find most of the people on here are pretty good. Discussions get kind of lively at times, but overall, this is a well run board. Welcome aboard!

eye of the tiger
06-26-2002, 05:49 PM
Welcome Ranger Mom. I agree with Sinton66. You should have a good and lively time here. The ones that use offensive language and tend to concentrate on bashing, are put on Read Only status very quickly by the moderators.
Anyhow welcome to the board and have fun.

Eagle 00
06-26-2002, 08:04 PM
How is Greenwood going to be next year I heard they graduated a lot of Sen. But have another good class coming? You sure do have a tough Pre District Schedule

[This message has been edited by Eagle 00 (edited June 26, 2002).]

vet93
06-26-2002, 09:03 PM
Welcome to the board Ranger Mom. I don't think that you will have some of the problems that I have seen on some boards here. Granted, occassionly a little smack talk is layed down but if it gets out of hand the moderators are pretty good about sending them to ROMland. How are the Rangers stacked for next season. I believe that you guys play Ballinger (my hometown) the first game. I know you have graduated some good people, but it has been my experience that Greenwood plays their best when nobody expects them to do anything at all. I expect a good game. Let me know what you think and I'll try and give you a scouting report on Ballinger.

SintonFan
06-26-2002, 10:36 PM
Welcome, and yes we can all be friends. I've found that most people here are mature enough to control their emotions. It's a quality board with quality people.

Ranger Mom
06-26-2002, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I heard tonight that we play Sweetwater, Andrews and Snyder in pre-season for sure. I think I heard we play Ballinger also, but am not sure. If we make it through pre-season healthy, we should have a fairly good run........but you never know. We will get to play Andrews in Midland's new sports complex, so that will be cool!! We did lose quite a few seniors this year. Our QB is a junior, but has always been very good. Our RB is the little brother of our RB for the last two years. He's smaller and faster than his big bro.--so hopefully he can get the job done. I am just ready for it all to be here, I am a MAJOR football fan and all this talk has me ready for the season to begin!!!!

bearcat1
06-26-2002, 11:24 PM
go to the main page, and from there click Region 1 link. From there, click your district link, and you will find the information.
bc

Originally posted by Ranger Mom:
Thanks for the welcome. I heard tonight that we play Sweetwater, Andrews and Snyder in pre-season for sure. I think I heard we play Ballinger also, but am not sure. If we make it through pre-season healthy, we should have a fairly good run........but you never know. We will get to play Andrews in Midland's new sports complex, so that will be cool!! We did lose quite a few seniors this year. Our QB is a junior, but has always been very good. Our RB is the little brother of our RB for the last two years. He's smaller and faster than his big bro.--so hopefully he can get the job done. I am just ready for it all to be here, I am a MAJOR football fan and all this talk has me ready for the season to begin!!!!

wildstangs
06-27-2002, 01:21 AM
Long time no see. I remember some of those arguments from last year. None of mine were directed towards you, just at a couple of guys from Greenwood. Good to see you again. Look forward to the Sweetwater Greenwood game this year.