SHSBulldog00
03-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Hey guy's what about this one. Game is @ Katy Taylor 3/4 7:30

IHStangFan
03-01-2009, 03:22 PM
GO STAFFORD, GO D26!!!

Bull's-eye
03-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Stafford should take this game unless they try to book the Bellville gym for the next round. :D

buff4ever
03-01-2009, 05:25 PM
I am pulling for the bulls in an upset in this one.

RedStorm
03-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Im a realist i voted for Stafford...but J-Brown told me he's dropping at least 35 so i dunno...

Bull's-eye
03-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
Im a realist i voted for Stafford...but J-Brown told me he's dropping at least 35 so i dunno...

I might have to change my vote.

zebrablue2
03-01-2009, 07:50 PM
I am a homer, and I vote for the bulls. make us proud...

Johnny Utah
03-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Stafford and Sweeny make the regional tourney as do Aransas Pass and West Oso. 2 teams from the same districts, very impressive.

Reds fan
03-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Hope the Bulls can pull the upset! Good luck Bellville!

SintonFan_inAustin
03-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Stafford and Sweeny make the regional tourney as do Aransas Pass and West Oso. 2 teams from the same districts, very impressive. all 4 of those teams are heavy favorites to advance to Regional Tourney in Corpus Christi.

Johnny Utah
03-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Being that Sam Houston is no longer in the mix. Very unique if West Oso has to beat two district foes in the playoffs just to make it to State. Sinton in the Qtr's and Aransas Pass in the finals. Unique to say the least.

pirate4state
03-01-2009, 10:10 PM
D31 RULES! :D

zebrablue2
03-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

:hijacktd: cannot rule on a bellville thread--LOL...

IHStangFan
03-01-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm STILL hoping to get to see a Stafford/West Oso matchup!!!

W.O. would probably be the favorite, but I think Stafford could give them a game!!

Bull's-eye
03-01-2009, 11:08 PM

Not in volleyball or football. :D D25 has been the rulers of R4.

pirate4state
03-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
:hijacktd: cannot rule on a bellville thread--LOL...

true, sorry

Originally posted by bulls-eye
Not in volleyball or football. D25 has been the rulers of R4.

well this is basketball and right now we are the only district in region IV with all 3 teams left so :tongue:

but i better leave before i hurt someone's feelings.

good luck to both teams

Bull's-eye
03-01-2009, 11:34 PM
this is basketball and right now we are the only district in region IV with all 3 teams left so :tongue:

but i better leave before i hurt someone's feelings.

Its only been 2 rounds, might wait before you declare D31 the winner. In football, two teams from D25 played for the R4 finals and I believe in volleyball it was two D25 teams Bellville & Columbus.

If I remember right, Bellville is 2-0 against a certain D31 team. :D

FrmSTx
03-01-2009, 11:41 PM
I am going with district 31!

RedStorm
03-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
imagine that"STX" going against Bellville

Bull's-eye
03-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by FrmSTx

I think the other districts of R4 may have something to say about that, I wouln't declare them the R4 rulers just yet.

pirate4state
03-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Its only been 2 rounds, might wait before you declare D31 the winner. In football, two teams from D25 played for the R4 finals and I believe in volleyball it was two D25 teams Bellville & Columbus.

If I remember right, Bellville is 2-0 against a certain D31 team. :D

:doh: LOL...

Guess what? It ain't gonna happen in basketball. Wanna know why? Bellville is the only D25 team left!

I'm glad beating Sinton makes you so happy. :thumbsup:

Redstorm - why does FrmSTx have to be going against Bellville & not FOR D31?

You guys crack me up!

Bull's-eye
03-02-2009, 01:01 AM

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but yes. :taunt: :tongue: :evillol: :wave:

IHStangFan
03-02-2009, 01:08 AM
LOL...ya'll crack me up. I too cheer for D31...but them having 3 teams left may have something to do w/ their early playoff road. There's no doubt West Oso is top notch. If I was forced to put money on it, I'd say that they'll be in the tourney. AP and Sinton....I don't know that I'd put money on that.

The best of luck to D31 though...I'll be pulling for them!!

I wanna see a W.O. / Stafford matchup damnit!!!

:D

STAggie
03-02-2009, 08:06 AM
I don't think Bellville will pull this one out but I will be there cheering for them again. If they can get their best scorer to step up like he did the last minute against Gonzales they can have a chance to keep it close. I think Stafford may just be to much.

As far as regionals I am very excited because I am going. Can't wait to watch some good ball. I think it will be Sweeny, Oso, Stafford and Aransas Pass.

trg
03-02-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm a homer so I am pulling for Bellville. Good luck to the Bulls! Go out there and play your best and let the chips fall where they may.

pirate4state
03-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but yes. :taunt: :tongue: :evillol: :wave:

You didn't, but good try! You guys are way more sensitive than I could ever dream of being! Heck, you don't want anyone derailing your threads or rooting against Bellville. LMAO

Bull's-eye
03-02-2009, 11:49 AM
You didn't, but good try! You guys are way more sensitive than I could ever dream of being! Heck, you don't want anyone derailing your threads or rooting against Bellville. LMAO

I didn't say anything about someone hijacking (sounds like you are admitting to that) this thread and I even voted for Stafford. Posters can root for anybody they want. I'm just stating I wouldn't declare D31 the best district in R4 just yet. D25 ruled R4 in football & volleyball, that's a proven fact. You might want to wait and see if your district teams make the regionals before making that statement. I'm actually pulling for Sinton & Bellville, would love to see those 2 schools play again, even though it would be a very long shot.

Defeating any quality programs like Sinton, especially deep in the playoffs, is very satisfying. If not basketball, maybe we can meet in baseball. Good luck to your school.

pirate4state
03-02-2009, 12:18 PM
I didn't say anything about someone hijacking (sounds like you are admitting to that) this thread and I even voted for Stafford. Posters can root for anybody they want. I'm just stating I wouldn't declare D31 the best district in R4 just yet. D25 ruled R4 in football & volleyball, that's a proven fact. You might want to wait and see if your district teams make the regionals before making that statement. I'm actually pulling for Sinton & Bellville, would love to see those 2 schools play again, even though it would be a very long shot.

Defeating any quality programs like Sinton, especially deep in the playoffs, is very satisfying. If not basketball, maybe we can meet in baseball. Good luck to your school.

I didn't declare them winners or the best. I was simply responding to Johnny Utah's statement about the three teams from D31 with a joke.

Good grief Charlie Brown. :ack!:

And the hijack was in response to zebra. I know its hard, but try to follow along, mkay?

Bull's-eye
03-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I didn't declare them winners or the best. I was simply responding to Johnny Utah's statement about the three teams from D31 with a joke.

...and I was simply stating my views & thoughts. Sorry if everybody doesn't agree with you. :tongue:

RedStorm
03-02-2009, 07:22 PM
:doh: LOL...

Guess what? It ain't gonna happen in basketball. Wanna know why? Bellville is the only D25 team left!

Redstorm - why does FrmSTx have to be going against Bellville & not FOR D31?

You guys crack me up!

hes from sealy? stx= sealy texas

correct me if im wrong maybe sinton uses this too

maestro
03-02-2009, 07:42 PM
didn't bellville pull a playoff shocker just last year???

MJMbrahmas10
03-02-2009, 10:32 PM
bellville has what it takes to beat stafford...yall probably just are lookin at staffords rankin and automatically countin the bulls out....if the bulls come to play like they know they can they can take this one..no doubt

pirate4state
03-02-2009, 10:49 PM
hes from sealy? stx= sealy texas

correct me if im wrong maybe sinton uses this too i don't know where he is from

i read STx as south texas, but it could be any town in Texas that begins with the letter S lol

his location is bonnie view, tx - that's a little bitty place south of Woodsboro

so i guess South Texas is correct :nerd:

IHStangFan
03-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
bellville has what it takes to beat stafford...yall probably just are lookin at staffords rankin and automatically countin the bulls out....if the bulls come to play like they know they can they can take this one..no doubt Incorrect. I'm going with Stafford because I've seen both teams play. With that said....yes....Bellville COULD win this one...but it's unlikely....but that's why they play the games right? No sense in getting butt hurt because people think Bellville is the underdog and picked Stafford. Maybe the Bulls prove us all wrong?

RedStorm
03-02-2009, 11:39 PM
i don't know where he is from

i read STx as south texas, but it could be any town in Texas that begins with the letter S lol

his location is bonnie view, tx - that's a little bitty place south of Woodsboro

so i guess South Texas is correct :nerd:

my bad, i stand corrected :clap:

STAggie
03-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
bellville has what it takes to beat stafford...yall probably just are lookin at staffords rankin and automatically countin the bulls out....if the bulls come to play like they know they can they can take this one..no doubt

I am not doubting the Bulls can pull one out, but it will have to be basically a perfect storm for them to do it. The big kid is going to have to really step up and be a rock on the zone and gobble up all the boards. He can't play like he did against Gonzales, letting a 6'1" post score on him at will, or it will be a very long night for Bellville. Can't wait, will be in attendence for this one tomorow night.

trg
03-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
I am not doubting the Bulls can pull one out, but it will have to be basically a perfect storm for them to do it. The big kid is going to have to really step up and be a rock on the zone and gobble up all the boards. He can't play like he did against Gonzales, letting a 6'1" post score on him at will, or it will be a very long night for Bellville. Can't wait, will be in attendence for this one tomorow night.

You are absolutely right STAggie!!!! I am hoping that the Bulls will play their game and everyone will step up and play their best. Go BULLS!!!!!

astrofan
03-03-2009, 11:37 AM
I believe Stafford is just too fast and too athletic for bellville. If Wiltz gets hot.....

BTownVBall3
03-03-2009, 11:42 AM
My philosophy is. . Needville beat Stafford. Bellville dominated Needville until the end up the game. In conclusion, Bellville pulls this one out. Ha no, but it does show that they do have a shot.

STAggie
03-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
My philosophy is. . Needville beat Stafford. Bellville dominated Needville until the end up the game. In conclusion, Bellville pulls this one out. Ha no, but it does show that they do have a shot.

The problem with this is, Needville plays a different style of ball then Bellville and executed a flawless game plan to beat Stafford. Bellville is run and gun which will get you in a lot of trouble when playing a much more athletic team. Needville slowed it down and played a very calculated game. I think if Bellville can slow it down and establish the big guy and #23 on the dribble drive and dish and have hot shooters from the outside they will have a shot. Like I said it is going to have to be a perfect storm for the Bulls to pull this one out.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Incorrect. I'm going with Stafford because I've seen both teams play. With that said....yes....Bellville COULD win this one...but it's unlikely...

This will be a hard one for Bellville to win, they will have to play their best game of the season to pull it out. Could happen? Funny how Needville and sealy say Bellville has no chance. They both get beat by the Brahmas, you would think they would hope Bellville wins to make them look better?
Round 3?
Go Bellville and Sinton keep winning

STAggie
03-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
This will be a hard one for Bellville to win, they will have to play their best game of the season to pull it out. Could happen? Funny how Needville and sealy say Bellville has no chance. They both get beat by the Brahmas, you would think they would hope Bellville wins to make them look better?
Round 3?
Go Bellville and Sinton keep winning

I didn't see anyone from Sealy in this thread saying Bellville had no chance. In fact as already stated I will be at the game cheering for the Bulls tomorrow. Sometimes you think everyone is out to get Bellville or talk down on them.

IHStangFan
03-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Round 3?
Go Bellville and Sinton keep winning No.....what's funny is that you quoted me SAYING Bellville "COULD" win....and then say that the "Needville" people are saying Bellville has no chance. :doh:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-03-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't think Bellville will pull this one out I think Stafford may just be to much.

BB21
03-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Well I think yall are all crazy! Just let the kids decide it on the court. And yes needville did lose to Bellville, but you have to understand that Stafford is in there district so of course they are going to go for Stafford. Has nothing to do with Bellville beating them. Frankly by seeing both teams, if #31 for Bellville doesn't hit his 3's like he did against Needville, then Bellville has no chance. Cause Stafford is way to loaded in every spot on the floor! Needville got hot from the 3's in the 4th quarter and thats how they beat Stafford. Im not counting Bellville out, but they will have to play perfect basketball to win! But thats why they play the game! Anything can happen!

trg
03-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by BB21
Well I think yall are all crazy! Just let the kids decide it on the court. And yes needville did lose to Bellville, but you have to understand that Stafford is in there district so of course they are going to go for Stafford. Has nothing to do with Bellville beating them. Frankly by seeing both teams, if #31 for Bellville doesn't hit his 3's like he did against Needville, then Bellville has no chance. Cause Stafford is way to loaded in every spot on the floor! Needville got hot from the 3's in the 4th quarter and thats how they beat Stafford. Im not counting Bellville out, but they will have to play perfect basketball to win! But thats why they play the game! Anything can happen!

I'm pulling for all the players from Bellville to play their best game. We will be there to support ya'll. Go Bulls

STAggie
03-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Funny how Needville and sealy say Bellville has no chance.
Round 3?

Me saying Stafford may be to much is in no way saying Bellville doesn't have a chance. Go and read my other posts.

Bull's-eye
03-03-2009, 04:40 PM
I have to disagree FBB, our good neighbors have not stated that Bellville doesn't have a chance. STAggie has followed Bellville in their playoff games and his views have been very impartial & on the money. IMO, BB21's post hit the nail dead on.

STAggie
03-03-2009, 05:05 PM
I have to disagree FBB, our good neighbors have not stated that Bellville doesn't have a chance. STAggie has followed Bellville in their playoff games and his views have been very impartial & on the money. IMO, BB21's post hit the nail dead on.

Your part of the conspiracy now too? FBB's head is goin to expoode.:eek:

Bull's-eye
03-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Your part of the conspiracy now too? FBB's head is goin to expoode.:eek:

What does the Sealy people think about you wearing a red shirt and supporting Bellville?? :D ;)

STAggie
03-03-2009, 05:30 PM
What does the Sealy people think about you wearing a red shirt and supporting Bellville?? :D ;)

They don't care, its basketball. :D

SintonFan_inAustin
03-04-2009, 01:24 AM
ITS Wednesday! :D

We all know who the favorites are for the final 4 but of the 4 i think Bellville vs Stafford might be the closes. Good luck to the underdogs tonight!:cheerl:

IHStangFan
03-04-2009, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
ITS Wednesday! :D

We all know who the favorites are for the final 4 but of the 4 i think Bellville vs Stafford might be the closes. Good luck to the underdogs tonight!:cheerl: My "upset alert" vote goes to the Hildalgo/AP game.

trg
03-04-2009, 09:23 AM

You got your red shirt on today, STAggie????

RedStorm
03-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Game day...biggest game in Bellville Basketball history...hopefully its not a repeat of Bellville vs Silsbee

STAggie
03-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by trg
You got your red shirt on today, STAggie????

Yup same one as last week, hope to bring you guys some more luck.

Bulligator
03-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Will this game be broadcast on the radio or internet?

duckhunter
03-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Game day...biggest game in Bellville Basketball history...hopefully its not a repeat of Bellville vs Silsbee didnt bellville play in this same round in 05?

IHStangFan
03-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Can someone send me text updates? I'm goin to the rodeo tonight.

832-586-6859

PLEASE!!!

THANKS!!

Antec
03-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Saw Stafford play against Wharton who didn't win a district game-Spartans didn't impress me at all

They didn't seem very disicplined but beat Sweeny twice

Needville beat them Spartans at home

MJMbrahmas10
03-05-2009, 12:04 AM
stafford won by 6 great game by both teams...lots of missed calls on both sides(not makin excuses)....bellville came to play but in the third quarter stafford got on a run and bellville got to within 3 but couldnt pull it out. great season bulls

TRACK!! going for 12 in a row

IHStangFan
03-05-2009, 12:29 AM
WOOHOO!!! Way to go Stafford!!

Good season Bellville. You're always competitive in every sport. I'm sure track and baseball will be no exception.

trg
03-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Great Season Bulls!!! Congratulations to all the players on an outstanding season.

Good luck to Stafford as you continue your journey in the playoffs.

STAggie
03-05-2009, 11:35 AM
What a great game. Bellville was a few mental errors and a couple close calls away from pulling this one out. Stafford looked to pull away in the third but started playing not to loose instead of to win and it almost cost them. Great season for the Bulls and congrats to Stafford.

Bull's-eye
03-05-2009, 12:56 PM
What a great game. Bellville was a few mental errors and a couple close calls away from pulling this one out. Stafford looked to pull away in the third but started playing not to loose instead of to win and it almost cost them. Great season for the Bulls and congrats to Stafford.

I don't follow a lot of high school basketball, but the officials seem to call a block/charge different than the NBA. Bellville's #3 was called for like 4-5 charges and none bigger than that possible basket & one. In the NBA, they have the little circle near the basket. The defense must be outside that circle to get the charge call. This protects the offensive player from serious injury, as he is very vulnerable in flight to the basket.

Does high school seem to call the charge more or was this just these officials? I noticed what would be a blocking call in the NBA, was called more as a charge. Like to hear your views.

Reds fan
03-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Congrats to Bellville on a great year!

Best of luck to Stafford as they advance!

STAggie
03-05-2009, 01:53 PM
I don't follow a lot of high school basketball, but the officials seem to call a block/charge different than the NBA. Bellville's #3 was called for like 4-5 charges and none bigger than that possible basket & one. In the NBA, they have the little circle near the basket. The defense must be outside that circle to get the charge call. This protects the offensive player from serious injury, as he is very vulnerable in flight to the basket.

Does high school seem to call the charge more or was this just these officials? I noticed what would be a blocking call in the NBA, was called more as a charge. Like to hear your views.

To me those are no calls that close to the basket in high school ball. That call usually goes both ways depending on the official but I like to see it as a non call unless the defender has been there since the offense player started his drive. The charges last night were good position by the defender but again to close to the basket to warrent a call, you have to give it up to the coach from Stafford as his big men were taking charges all night. You don't see that much especially at the high school level. I believe your PG fouled out because of 3 charges called on him.