PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs. Waco LaVega

SHSBulldog00
03-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Well?

j_dog
03-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Jasper is now 26-9 on the season. They are short on height, but long on quickness and accuracy from downtown.

What is La Vega's record and what type team do they field? After seeing their football team play WO-S I expect that they will be big, strong and quick.

j_dog
03-01-2009, 11:45 PM
La Vega (21-11) per the Waco Tribune

here is a link to a good Tribune article, but you have to sign up to read it:

http://www.wacotrib.com/search/content/sports/highschools/stories/2009/02/18/02182009waclavega.html

eagles_victory
03-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Jasper is now 26-9 on the season. They are short on height, but long on quickness and accuracy from downtown.

What is La Vega's record and what type team do they field? After seeing their football team play WO-S I expect that they will be big, strong and quick. Lavega is not an extremly talented team they just are well coached and execute what they are coached very well but I like Jasper in this game.

j_dog
03-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Lavega is not an extremly talented team they just are well coached and execute what they are coached very well but I like Jasper in this game.
This will mean absolutely nothing at game tipoff, but Jasper just beat the winner of that district in Lorena. La Vega was the third place team out of that district.

The big question is: how big was the spread between the level of play between the first place team and the third place team? Many times there is a big spread, sometimes the teams are about equal. Lorena probably gave Jasper one of its toughest games this season. I know Jasper will be preparing to play a tough game from LaVega.

The above linked article suggested that LaVega is normally a run and gun team. That seems to be Jasper's usual style of play, but they can slow it down when needed. I think it will be a good game to watch. This far into the playoffs, all the teams are pretty good.