PDA

View Full Version : Come on Jerry!

yoe64
03-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Cowboys trade Anthony Henry for Lions QB John Kitna

Don't really understand this, but then again I don't own the Dallas Cowboys. So, maybe Jerry Knows what he's doing

http://sports.statesman.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=statesman&page=nfl/news/newstest.aspx?id=4216295

yoe64
03-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Cowboys also added yet another Linebacker, by signing former Falcons LB, Keith Brooking

turbostud
03-01-2009, 10:29 AM
They need to sign Ray Lewis.

yoe64
03-01-2009, 10:37 AM
I don't know why they haven't...killer..er i mean Ray Lewis wants to come to Dallas

Txbroadcaster
03-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by yoe64
I don't know why they haven't...killer..er i mean Ray Lewis wants to come to Dallas

Because Ray Lewis is asking WAY TO MUCH...That is why no other team has signed Lewis...Brooking is a good LB who they got for a good price.

Emerson1
03-01-2009, 11:14 AM
No he wants to come to Dalla$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What is wrong with the trade? They get a solid backup QB who can push Romo, and get rid of an old CB who couldn't cover anymore.

yoe64
03-01-2009, 11:43 AM
I just don't give Kitna much credibility. Why are we always dealing with the worst team in NFL history

I. B. Watching
03-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Crap

Txbroadcaster
03-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
[QUOTE]Originally posted by yoe64
[B]Cowboys trade Anthony Henry for Lions QB John Kitna
QUOTE]
Crap

why is it crap? Henry is not coming off an all pro year or even a good year...he was solid at times, but also got beat off the snap WAY TO MUCH.

Other than depth in the secondary, losing Henry does not hurt dallas and this move also saves Dallas some money in the salary cap

I. B. Watching
03-01-2009, 12:03 PM
I like the way the guy plays. No he did not have his best year last season, but the defensive backfield was pretty much a mess from the get-go. They were doing a lot of shuffling at times do to injuries and what not, and seemed like a lot of confusion. I blame it more on a lack of chemistry and continuity, and I don't think Henry's a "chemistry" problem. I was really expecting a big year from him next season. Kitna doesn't bring anything special to the table in my opinion, Average at best.

PurpleFreddy
03-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Anything is a step up from the ancient Brad Johnson, whose arm was no stronger than a 12-year-old's.

Keith7
03-01-2009, 03:52 PM
I don't think Lewis will be coming to Dallas after the Cowgirls signed Brooking

Bull's-eye
03-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
Anything is a step up from the ancient Brad Johnson, whose arm was no stronger than a 12-year-old's.

I went to the TBay game, it was very painful to watch Johnson not be able to throw a down field pass. With a better backup QB, Dallas might of been in the playoffs.

Keith7
03-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I went to the TBay game, it was very painful to watch Johnson not be able to throw a down field pass. With a better backup QB, Dallas might of been in the playoffs.

doubt it, the Cowgirls were not a good team last year

Bull's-eye
03-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
doubt it, the Cowgirls were not a good team last year

True, but that stretch with Romo being injured, Johnson was not very good. Dallas only needed 1 more win and they would of made the playoffs.

piratebg
03-01-2009, 07:58 PM
The Cowboys needed a backup in a bad way. Kitna is definitely not a full time guy, but he is capable of winning from time to time. He has a strong arm and his legs are not as stiff as Johnson. Better is better.

I guess JJ and WP have some confindence in Jenkins or Scandrick because one of them just got promoted. They both had pretty decent rookie seasons last year.