PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Bridgeport Sissies

BullsFan
02-28-2009, 10:58 AM
I agree with everything you just said, Bullaholic. What a fantastic season this has been, both for these Sissies personally and for girls' sports in Bridgeport. I don't think in all the years I've followed sports here I've ever seen this town get so excited about our girls. Let's hope this is a new tradition in Bridgeport!

And to our girls, I hope they don't let the loss to Cooper get them down too much. I know that was tough to swallow, especially if you start playing the "what if" and "if only" game. Hold your heads up high, girls, because you left it all out there on the court. We couldn't be more proud of you!

Bullaholic
02-28-2009, 12:25 PM
The Bridgeport Sissies lost an incredible Region I playoff game to Lubbock Cooper in overtime 71-65. The Sissies tied the game at 58 at the end of regulation with an incredible rally after trailing for 3 quarters, and missed a potential game-winning 3-pointer at the buzzer. The Sissies just couldn't find the hole in overtime and lost this thriller to a very good Lubbock Cooper team. I wish them good luck against Lubbock Estacato, who also has a really good team in the Region final.

Congrats to the Bridgeport Sissies on a great season---these girls have lifted girl's athletics to a new level in Bridgeport, and their grit, competitive spirit, and playing excellence were a joy to watch this season. The entire town was with these girls in body and spirit during their great playoff run and couldn't be prouder of this great bunch of girls. Thanks, Sissies for an outstanding run and a great 32-2 W-L mark. Go Sissies!