PDA

View Full Version : Predics for Caldwell VS. Marlin...keep em comin

YoEmAn0385
10-18-2003, 05:30 PM
Let's hear the predics...Caldwell should return w/ some punch this week, but will it be enough against Marlin?

espn1
10-18-2003, 05:44 PM
Marlin 35-0

cant stop me
10-18-2003, 05:46 PM
Marlin 52 caldwell 0 caldwell doesnt stand a chance

Pudlugger
10-18-2003, 06:08 PM
Well two weeks ago I would have said Caldwell could play with Marlin, but now I'll have to admit Marlin will dominate Caldwell. If Caldwell can't beat Rockdale they will be in big trouble against Marlin. Yes you heard it here from Pudlugger. Lorena is the only team left in D18 that can give Marlin a game. :o

hornet_06
10-18-2003, 08:48 PM
i have faith in our team! i think we can hang in there!!

MRHXIIIMAN07
10-18-2003, 08:50 PM
Marlin by like 600 unless bryson plays then id guess marlin by like 14

hornet_06
10-18-2003, 09:15 PM
our other qb had one of his best games last night! he did very well! i think #7 just had an off night! everybody will some point in time! but he's still very good!

CHS_CG
10-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Hornet_06 I agree #7 did have an off night but they guys know Marlin is goin to give them a hard game so I believe our boys are goin to step it up a lot! I have faith in my guys and even if they dont win I will know that they played their hearts out! (and anybody who says that our guys dont care doesnt know anything bc I saw our guys friday night and the anger in their eyes.. they are out for revenge!)

CHS_05
10-19-2003, 02:46 PM
I agree...This game should be good..Caldwell just had a very off night last night..but now that that is in the past lets focus on Marlin!!
Go Hornets!!Beat Marlin!!

marlin fan
10-19-2003, 02:54 PM
I think this is going to be a good game

GO DAWGS BITE THE STINGER OUT OF THE HORNETS :D

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: marlin fan ]</small>

HornetMom
10-19-2003, 02:55 PM
Everyone has a bad night now and again. Hornets have known for a long time that Marlin is going to be a hard battle. The guys will be working very hard to get ready for this game.
GO HORNETS!

theyoefnshow
10-19-2003, 03:01 PM
Marlin. Blowout. Plain and simple. The only game they'll have w/ any competition will be Lorena.

Gatsby
10-19-2003, 04:02 PM
Caldwell will win. It will be close, but they will win.

I'm guessing neither team will get above 28 points though. I predict a defensive game.

theyoefnshow
10-19-2003, 04:09 PM
^------- hahahahahahaha!!

cant stop me
10-19-2003, 05:19 PM
what are u thinkin caldwell will win are u crazy?? caldwell is going to get pounded and pounded over and over. Caldwell has no defense #9 for Rockdale ran for 265 yards im guessin Marlin is gonna run for around 300 yards or so and not to mention Marlin has a pretty good passing game too so its gonna b a slaughter!!!!!!

hornet_06
10-19-2003, 05:49 PM
i'm sorry but if we were rated for our defense i think we do have a pretty good defense. yes, we have gone down because teams have scored on us but we do have a pretty good defense... like people have already pointed out we had an off night! yeah, we might be going into this game the underdogs but i think we will stay in the game! we may not come out the winners but somebody has to lose! we prolly won't be beat as bad as rockdale b/c we will fix our problems we had against Rockdale and score a little bit more than 6 points! I HOPE!

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: hornet_06 ]</small>

theyoefnshow
10-19-2003, 06:02 PM
best defense in central texas? Baby girl that's a VERY LARGE group of teams you are including in that brash statement. Your defense is good yes but not THAT good.

cant stop me
10-19-2003, 06:08 PM
yea i dunno bout ur defense either but from what i saw it wasnt much of anything!! yall got to see a top knotch defense come together against YALL. #99 plagued yall all nite long!!!! i mean good luck against Marlin i would like to see yall do better then we did but Marlin is the real deal AND "if" yall play like yall did friday nite excpect to get slaughtered. BUT anyways GOODLUCK against marlin cuz your gonna need it!!!!

GoForIt
10-19-2003, 06:09 PM
After a half dozen pre-game warning messages about how Rockdale shouldn't be underestimated and how focus was the key and then I got rebutted for saying so. And then what happened? Exactly what I said. Any team that takes any opponent lightly isn't all that excited about making playoffs. THe defense WAS rated in Centex but only among 1A to 3A schools and it was like third or fourth - not first. That was before the Rockdale disaster. Good luck, basketball team.

hornet_06
10-19-2003, 06:19 PM
i'm sorry we were once told we WAS rated for our defense! thanks

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: hornet_06 ]</small>

hornet_06
10-19-2003, 06:20 PM
<small>[ October 19, 2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: hornet_06 ]</small>

theyoefnshow
10-19-2003, 06:27 PM
"WERE" not "WAS"

hornet_06
10-19-2003, 06:35 PM
my bad :D

HornetMom
10-19-2003, 06:50 PM
Yes we were rated, but hornet 06 never said first.
Caldwell will have to work hard this week. They know Marlin is going to be a tough game and have known this for some time.
They will come together as a team and play hard, I have confidence in them.

CHS_Drummer04
10-19-2003, 08:00 PM
It will be a good game. Marlin will be looking to win because they've been 5-0 in district for a long time and it is their homecomming. Caldwell will be looking for the win to try and make up the Rockdale loss. The hornets can give marlin a run for their money but must show up in the first quarter and stay till 0:00 in the 4th. If they do, it will be a very good game. Last friday, i hate to say, they never really showed up. GO HORNETS!!! I have faith in you!

cant stop me
10-19-2003, 08:31 PM
see the thing is ur not goin to give marlin a run for there money im sorry ur just not OK

cunbed10
10-20-2003, 07:38 AM
cant stop me:
see the thing is ur not goin to give marlin a run for there money im sorry ur just not OKSee the thing is that Marlin will not overlook anyone in 18-3A, because on any given night something could go wrong, believe it or not Troy's score didn't tell how close the game really was, and they Actually have a good team, and for all the teams that haven't played Troy yet, don't take them lightly, because they could easily beat any team, just like Caldwell, Marlin is not expecting you guys to lie down, we know you guys would love to pull off the spoiler role for Homecoming, and beating Marlin would really get a pat on the back from the whole football world, so don't think we are not going to play you guys, tooth and nail, and may the best team win! Good luck to both teams, and please no injuries for anyone playing on 24Oct03.

cant stop me
10-20-2003, 04:59 PM
i know not to underestimate teams but caldwell just didnt show me anthing...marlin has already proved itself to me

BiG DoGs
10-21-2003, 08:47 AM
Well Marlin is not going to overlook anyone they are a team that has goals and they are set on going after those goals not caring who gets in the way....... I bet cunbed10 agrees with me..?

cunbed10
10-21-2003, 08:54 AM
BiG DoGs:
Well Marlin is not going to overlook anyone they are a team that has goals and they are set on going after those goals not caring who gets in the way....... I bet cunbed10 agrees with me..?U know It!

keep_it_real
10-21-2003, 02:26 PM
I think that Caldwell doesnt match up with speed, (given) but they are also smaller and not as strong as Marlin.

HornetMom
10-21-2003, 03:05 PM
cunbed10:

cant stop me:
see the thing is ur not goin to give marlin a run for there money im sorry ur just not OKSee the thing is that Marlin will not overlook anyone in 18-3A, because on any given night something could go wrong, believe it or not Troy's score didn't tell how close the game really was, and they Actually have a good team, and for all the teams that haven't played Troy yet, don't take them lightly, because they could easily beat any team, just like Caldwell, Marlin is not expecting you guys to lie down, we know you guys would love to pull off the spoiler role for Homecoming, and beating Marlin would really get a pat on the back from the whole football world, so don't think we are not going to play you guys, tooth and nail, and may the best team win! Good luck to both teams, and please no injuries for anyone playing on 24Oct03.We all keep saying "anything can happen" but its so true. This is going to be a battle. I have confidence in our guys to come ready to play. To Caldwell--be prepared to play your best for 4 hard quarters and play as the TEAM we all know you are.
We are behind you all the way!

cunbed10
10-21-2003, 03:15 PM
As quiet as kept, Marlin will be fighting hard for this game, because a win on Friday 24Oct03 gets us a bid to the 3A State Play-offs, that's right Bulldogs, so this is the biggest game of the year, not Burnet, not Ennis, but Caldwell, Caldwell, Caldwell holds the tickets to the big Dance, and we have to take these tickets from the Hornets, so Let's go get'em Dogs..let's go get'em!

laserbeam
10-21-2003, 05:52 PM
What you saw on Friday vs. Rockdale was a bunch of guys who simply coasted into a game because of the misleading 49-0 score which worked in Rockdale's favor. Will Caldwell beat Marlin? It's gonna be tuff, but don't underestimate anything in Caldwell when we're PO'd.

cant stop me
10-21-2003, 06:00 PM
NO what happen on friday was a good rockdale team that has finally came together thank god....but Marlin is defiantly prepared YAh and if you caldwell players think your PO'd its not enough u better take them stingers off an sting urselfs cuz thats how much its gonna take to get mad enough to beat a well prepared team such as a Marlin and yall think #9 gave yall a show friday with 267 yards HA man TANK is going to destroy and not to mention that passing game Marlin has too... but good luck to both teams and Caldwell you better play your hearts out

keep_it_real
10-21-2003, 07:37 PM
One good thing going for Caldwell is that they don't have to face Stryker Sulak anymore......

cant stop me
10-21-2003, 08:14 PM
true that KIR its Lorena's turn to feel the pain its got to suck to be lorena's QB lol