PDA

View Full Version : Going Through Texas HS Football Syndrome

maroonpirate04
02-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Even though the season is way over, I still got the fever everyone goes through wishing it was still football season. So i've been reading all the articles of Sinton Pirate football, looking at the pics and watching all the film i was able to catch on my new Sony HD handycam, Since the first day i got it in time for the Sinton-Orange Grove game i was able to catch all the great plays, the band, cheerleaders and fans cheering. Great memories, and yesterday i went to Best Buy and purchased "Friday Night Lights" season 1 next week i'm planning to go back and get season 2 . Til then we all have to go through Texas HS Football Syndrome unitl August :D Can't wait

Bullaholic
02-27-2009, 03:02 PM
And the great part of the Sinton season was that nobody outside of Sinton could see you having the year you guys had---all the sweeter when looking back. I was very happy for Sinton this past season.

JR2004
02-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
And the great part of the Sinton season was that nobody outside of Sinton could see you having the year you guys had---all the sweeter when looking back. I was very happy for Sinton this past season.

I told Rita the first week of the season they'd go undefeated and win a state title so they came up short of my expectations for them!

Bullaholic
02-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I told Rita the first week of the season they'd go undefeated and win a state title so they came up short of my expectations for them!

You are the man, JR----I don't think Sinton got any love from any poll all season long.

JR2004
02-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You are the man, JR----I don't think Sinton got any love from any poll all season long.

They sure didn't get any love! I told Rita that every week they won I'd move them up a slot on my rankings. They finished at #2!

maroonpirate04
02-27-2009, 03:22 PM
They might've not got any love, but loved the idea of the Pirates sailing under the radar and proved everyone that Sinton was back from a sunken ship especially the teams in our district who envyed us for many years:D and the Pirates managed to fire up the cannons there way back to the top as district champions.

pirate4state
02-27-2009, 04:10 PM
haha thanks JR & Bull

It was a fun season. Our coach & his staff did a great job, week in & week out.

They & the team have received some nice accolades the past few weeks, so that's been nice. :)