PDA

View Full Version : Haynesworth gets 7 years 100 million from Redskins...

JR2004
02-27-2009, 06:24 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/27/haynesworth-to-the-skins/

Yay we won the off-season for the first time in a few years! We're going to win 8 games this year!

We felt so good about throwing around money that we gave DeAngelo Hall 6 years and 54 million for good measure to make sure he wouldn't leave!

I guess Derrick Dockery will be the next one to get monopoly money from Dan Snyder and Co...I can barely contain my excitement and sarcasm!

Chris Canty we've got the money and it's burning a hole in the pocket of our owner! Come get it while the gettin is good! Who says we're living in tough economic times!

41 million in guaranteed money for a defensive tackle and a contract that could be worth 115 million total. Good Lord my team is run by morons...

DDBooger
02-27-2009, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/27/haynesworth-to-the-skins/

Yay we won the off-season for the first time in a few years! We're going to win 8 games this year!

We felt so good about throwing around money that we gave DeAngelo Hall 6 years and 54 million for good measure to make sure he wouldn't leave!

I guess Derrick Dockery will be the next one to get monopoly money from Dan Snyder and Co...I can barely contain my excitement and sarcasm!

Chris Canty we've got the money and it's burning a hole in the pocket of our owner! Come get it while the gettin is good! Who says we're living in tough economic times!

41 million in guaranteed money for a defensive tackle and a contract that could be worth 115 million total. Good Lord my team is run by morons...
I think DeAngelo just robbed the 'Skins. Haynesworth can improve ANY Defense. 100 million dollar improvement :thinking:

Free market this off-season is sprinkled with big names and LT is possibly being asked to restructure:eek:
To be a running back in the NFL.

Electus Unus
02-27-2009, 08:57 AM
It'll be interesting to see how Haynesworth plays is effected knowing he isn't in contract years. It is a big risk to give him this big money.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5901/career

crzyjournalist03
02-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Haynesworth is was a bit overrated in the first place IMO, and now with his salary, he'll have a hard time living up to the expectations that come with it.

Just my opinion though, and I've been wrong before, but he struck me as a guy that would be more valuable to the Titans than elsewhere.

pirate4state
02-27-2009, 09:58 AM
I love Dan Snyder - LOL

JR2004
02-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I love Dan Snyder - LOL

Rita show the man respect. He has just won the 2009 NFL off-season title!

Sidenote: I hate midget owners who buy things to compensate for what they're lacking!

STANG RED
02-27-2009, 04:15 PM
I can only assume some NFL owners (teams) are immune to the current economic crises the rest of the country seems to be in. Albert Haynesworth had 3 separate offers of over $100M from teams, with a guarantee of $41M. He ended up choosing Washington for what ever reason.
Just seems kinda crazy to me.
Your thoughts?

JR2004
02-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I can only assume some NFL owners (teams) are immune to the current economic crises the rest of the country seems to be in. Albert Haynesworth had 3 separate offers of over $100M from teams, with a guarantee of $41M. He ended up choosing Washington for what ever reason.
Just seems kinda crazy to me.
Your thoughts?

It is crazy considering that Snyder laid off about 25 employees to save some money!

I guess none of that matters right now because Danny Boy is basking in the glow of the Redskins off-season championship! It's been awhile for Danny so forgive him for celebrating this momentous day!

SintonFan
02-28-2009, 03:13 AM
Just something I read from nbcsports.com:
Skins Initial Foray Smells Like Folly
Posted by Tom Curran: Friday, February 27, 2009 8:12 AM
One month ago, I spent a few minutes talking to Clinton Portis at the Super Bowl. What went wrong, I asked, with a team that was 6-2 and finished 8-8? What happened with Jason Campbell, the Redskins quarterback who didn't throw a pick until week nine?

Protection for Campbell and open holes in the running game, was the reply. It was that simple.

And now, in the first eight hours of the 2009 free agent period, the Washington Redskins have written contracts worth $170 million to a pair of defensive players. As free agency began at midnight, the Skins signed cornerback DeAngelo Hall to a six-year, $54 million deal with $22.5 guaranteed (he spent the end of last season in Washington after being released by Oakland). And they've now agreed to a seven-year, $100 million deal with Albert Haynesworth with $41 million guaranteed.

Neither player carries with him the reputation of being a real winner. Hall pissed and moaned his way out of Atlanta, went to Oakland last year, got paid, and now has cashed in again. Haynesworth is a dominant player who is smart but not terribly mature. And he gets hurt a lot.

Hall has played in two career playoff games, both in his first year in the league. Haynesworth's played in six playoff games and hasn't been to a conference championship since 2002 with Tennessee.

Now Jim Zorn, who was taking on water at the end of his first season as Redskins head coach, has been afforded the most expensive defensive weapon on the market, another guy who's making $30 million in the first three years of his deal and he has to keep peace and succeed in a locker room where guys like Portis can be a pain in the posterior.

And, oh yeah, that offense that averaged 16.6 points and finished 28th out of 32 teams? It still may need some help.
Link (http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2009/02/free-agency-the-initial-rush.html)