PDA

View Full Version : Paris - Crandall

catgut
02-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Paris 48
Crandall 42

Paris led the whole game despite the two worst offensive quarters we've had this season.
Some very questionable calls for both sides. Glad to escape with a win in that one!

JR2004
02-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Nice win for your boys!

catgut
02-26-2009, 11:00 PM
How does Kaufman compare to Crandall?

JR2004
02-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Never did go to watch them so there's not a whole lot I can tell you about them. I know we scrimmaged them, but I'd be lying if I told you I knew how it went or what they looked like. KA might be able to tell you about them.

catgut
02-26-2009, 11:12 PM
We scored one point in the second quarter...lucky to beat anyone at this stage playing like that

JR2004
02-26-2009, 11:14 PM
WOW...Well good to get it out of the way now.

kaorder1999
02-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Kaufman will be very athletic and play well at the guard positions. They like to play an up-tempo game. They are not big at all. Crandall may be bigger but they are super athletic.

They started the season slow then caught on fire and won the district title. They tend to play the athletic teams better then they do teams like Crandall. Crandall almost sqept them. Crandall won at home and lost at Kaufman on a last second buzzer beating shot from the Wood kid, a kid that woul dhave been starting at Crandall but momma and daddy thought the head basketball coach was picking on their kid. The momma still teaches in crandall but the Wood kid "lives with" grandma supposedly in Kaufman!

catgut
02-26-2009, 11:17 PM
the ref's were so bad that neither team could get in a rythem

catgut
02-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Kaufman will be very athletic and play well at the guard positions. They like to play an up-tempo game. They are not big at all. Crandall may be bigger but they are super athletic.

They started the season slow then caught on fire and won the district title. They tend to play the athletic teams better then they do teams like Crandall. Crandall almost sqept them. Crandall won at home and lost at Kaufman on a last second buzzer beating shot from the Wood kid, a kid that woul dhave been starting at Crandall but momma and daddy thought the head basketball coach was picking on their kid. The momma still teaches in crandall but the Wood kid "lives with" grandma supposedly in Kaufman!

I'd like to go watch them play but not enough to drive to Frisco

coach
02-27-2009, 12:25 AM
did kaufman beat sanger?

JR2004
02-27-2009, 12:28 AM
I believe they play tomorrow Coach.

catgut
02-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Should be some good games tonight. I think the biggest may be Ferris/Argyle with the winner getting to play Madison. Madison should roll over VA, just have to stop the little point guard's three pointers.

catgut
02-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by catgut
the ref's were so bad that neither team could get in a rythem '

I hate to see people criticize officials after a game and there I was doing it. Let me say that the amount of calls against each team was pretty equal but they seemed to hurt Crandall more because they didn't play as many different players as Paris did. Ours were just spread out more. We had one player who could and probably should have been ejected for intentional foul late in second quarter that they didn't.
If the officials had just been consistant in what they call it would have been different. They'd go for a few minutes calling nothing at all no matter how obivious then seemed to go a while calling every little thing a foul. After the game I heard one of the Crandall folks say he thought they were from somewhere in West Texas.

kaorder1999
02-27-2009, 10:02 AM
they were Wichita Falls officials right?

catgut
02-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
they were Wichita Falls officials right?

I think so but I'm not positive