PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Oil Reserves

sinfan75
02-26-2009, 09:37 PM
President Obama during his campaign said America uses 25% of the worlds oil BUT we only have 3% of the worlds oil here in the U.S. Go to www.shaleoilnow.com and see just how much oil is actually in this country. Renewable energy is a great idea. But until that renewable can power this entire country we need oil. And you can't even imagine how much natural gas is in this country.

SintonFan
02-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
President Obama during his campaign said America uses 25% of the worlds oil BUT we only have 3% of the worlds oil here in the U.S. Go to www.shaleoilnow.com and see just how much oil is actually in this country. Renewable energy is a great idea. But until that renewable can power this entire country we need oil. And you can't even imagine how much natural gas is in this country.
I last heard we had 400 years worth of natural gas according to coastal bend experts who were lifelong geologist.
Shale oil is interesting. New technology to acquire this oil will only drive down it's price.
Watch out sinfan, this thread will become very political very soon...:doh:

sinfan75
02-26-2009, 10:06 PM
well I just thought I'd bring it up since "green" seems to be the goin thing lately. Speakin of "green" the windfarm project south of Sinton is startin to pick up more steam. they buildin the roads where the turbines are gonna be set.

sinfan75
02-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Oh and the tech is there to get the oil. they've already tried drilling in that area just lately but it was blocked off by guess who. ENVIRONMENTALISTS!! Where do you think the clean coal is gonna come from. SAME AREA!!

SintonFan
02-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Oh and the tech is there to get the oil. they've already tried drilling in that area just lately but it was blocked off by guess who. ENVIRONMENTALISTS!! Where do you think the clean coal is gonna come from. SAME AREA!!
That big word you said must be a dirty word... and even worse,
very Un-Texan.;)

sinfan75
02-27-2009, 06:29 AM
Ok let's just say a group of people that don't want any drilling goin on in certain areas. :p

PPHSfan
02-27-2009, 08:34 AM
I own land on the Barnett Shale, and I signed my lease a couple of years ago. Started getting checks about six months ago. WooHoo