PDA

View Full Version : Relentless Penetration update

eagles_victory
02-26-2009, 05:08 PM
We finished the regular season with a record of (5-1-1) and (4-0-1) in league play. I got the playoff bracket today and in this bracket only league play is considered so we are undefeated when it counts and we got a 5 seed. Needless to say as the coach I wasnt too happy about the seeding. But it was our own fault they do seeding between teams with the same record by sportsmanship and two of our guys got teched up in last nights win and it dropped us 2 seeding spots in the playoffs. Which cost us a bye and put us in a tougher bracket... its not going to be pretty at practice this weekend.

jimmyceatworld
02-26-2009, 05:19 PM
My intramural team, the Flint Tropics, played the team that has all the football players at A&M on it. They beat us 61-27 but that's not too bad considering it started out 26-2. Playing the 1# team in the country gave us a much needed game against the best and really skyrocketed our RPI.

Seriously though, I think guarding Jerrod Johnson will make future matchups much easier! They had a coach in a full suit and clip board (yes, in intramurals). I think his name is Ryan O'Bryant. I wonder if BBDE knows him ...

Keith7
02-26-2009, 05:22 PM
thats better then our team.. we are 0-5 with 2 games left.. my team plays no defense and our offense consists of the point guard throwing up three pointers from NBA range. Yea we suck

JR2004
02-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
We finished the regular season with a record of (5-1-1) and (4-0-1) in league play. I got the playoff bracket today and in this bracket only league play is considered so we are undefeated when it counts and we got a 5 seed. Needless to say as the coach I wasnt too happy about the seeding. But it was our own fault they do seeding between teams with the same record by sportsmanship and two of our guys got teched up in last nights win and it dropped us 2 seeding spots in the playoffs. Which cost us a bye and put us in a tougher bracket... its not going to be pretty at practice this weekend.

Complete lack of discipline here from RP! Who do y'all think you are, the Pistons?

coach
02-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
My intramural team, the Flint Tropics, played the team that has all the football players at A&M on it. They beat us 61-27 but that's not too bad considering it started out 26-2. Playing the 1# team in the country gave us a much needed game against the best and really skyrocketed our RPI.

Seriously though, I think guarding Jerrod Johnson will make future matchups much easier! They had a coach in a full suit and clip board (yes, in intramurals). I think his name is Ryan O'Bryant. I wonder if BBDE knows him ...

1. get an original name

2. i highly doubt they are the best team in the nation

JR2004
02-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by coach
1. get an original name

I think your team and Keith's team need to schedule a neutral site game!

jimmyceatworld
02-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by coach
1. get an original name

1. You're right. Our team name is as common as Eagles or Wildcats. What were we thinking? What's funny is their name - LOL @ U. We thought they were going to be nerd bombers. But, they definitely LOL'd at us ...

2. I'm sure they are the best, especially after our team captain said numerous times after the game, "I bet they all started for 5A teams in high school!" That proves it.

eagles_victory
02-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Complete lack of discipline here from RP! Who do y'all think you are, the Pistons? I can asure you it wont happen again lol.

pirate4state
02-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I think your team and Keith's team need to schedule a neutral site game! :2thumbsup

Good luck in the playoffs RP!

eagles_victory
02-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:2thumbsup

Good luck in the playoffs RP! If FF wins tonight and we have to play on the same night is them im going to be so pissed lol.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld

Haha, I know every member of the team you played. That's awesome. I heard about the thrashing you guys received. Didn't know you were a member.