PDA

View Full Version : Southlake Carroll baseball team that forfeited games due to ineligible player...

kaorder1999
02-26-2009, 04:48 PM
anything ever come of that? I know they lost in the title game I believe, but, did anyone ever get into trouble over this? I believe they had 11 games forfeited!

kepdawg
02-26-2009, 04:52 PM
I thought forfeiting games is what came of it.

Emerson1
02-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
That is what I remember hearing

kaorder1999
02-26-2009, 04:54 PM

i mean...it was never really talked about as to what happened...any coaches get in trouble or anything? Was it a transfer issue? Was it a classroom grade issue, etc. Thats what I mean!!

kaorder1999
02-26-2009, 04:58 PM
This is all I could find. Couldnt find a story as to why he was ineligible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ineligible player costs Southlake Carroll baseball team

12:44 AM CDT on Sunday, April 6, 2008

By GREG RIDDLE / The Dallas Morning News

The Southlake Carroll baseball team had to forfeit a victory over Keller Central in its district opener on March 11 for using an ineligible player, coach Larry Hughes said. Carroll, No. 4 in SportsDay's latest 5A area rankings, must also forfeit every nondistrict win in which the player participated.

"I haven't had time to go through and see how many it was," Hughes said. "I don't know if it was all, but it was at least the majority of them."

Carroll is now 5-3 in District 5-5A and is tied with Keller Central for second place, one game behind Keller. Carroll went 11-3 in nondistrict play.

kepdawg
02-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i mean...it was never really talked about as to what happened...any coaches get in trouble or anything? Was it a transfer issue? Was it a classroom grade issue, etc. Thats what I mean!!

I don't think much was ever said about it. Perhaps Brett Shipp could take a look into it!

kaorder1999
02-26-2009, 05:05 PM
I don't think much was ever said about it. Perhaps Brett Shipp could take a look into it!

yeah...no kidding. Nah...its Southlake...they have a pass!

JR2004
02-26-2009, 05:33 PM
yeah...no kidding. Nah...its Southlake...they have a pass!

You make it sound as though Brett Shipp doesn't go after suburban schools with the same fervor he does when it's a DISD school! This is preposterous! An outrage I tell you! Brett will be expecting an apology on his desk in the morning or you could be next on the hitlist!

kaorder1999
02-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
You make it sound as though Brett Shipp doesn't go after suburban schools with the same fervor he does when it's a DISD school! This is preposterous! An outrage I tell you! Brett will be expecting an apology on his desk in the morning or you could be next on the hitlist!

want to hear something funny about the Shipp situation? His wife teaches in DISD

JR2004
02-26-2009, 05:41 PM
want to hear something funny about the Shipp situation? His wife teaches in DISD

Dear Lord that is funny!