PDA

View Full Version : New coach plans to "open up" Sweetwater's offense

Phantom Stang
02-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Slaughter looks forward to coaching Sweetwater
Written by Ron Howell
Sunday, 22 February 2009
Craig Slaughter has been to Mustang Bowl before, but never like this.
Wearing a red shirt and tie, he made note of the difference after being named Friday as Sweetwater High School's new head football coach and athletic director by unanimous vote of the Sweetwater school board at a special meeting held at the Bowl. "I am very familiar with this place," he said. "I've been on the other side a few times (as Clyde's head football coach). And ya'll are not the best hosts," he added, drawing laughter from the crowd. "I look forward to being on this side for a change."
Slaughter, also a head coach at Hearne for four years before going to Clyde the past three, said he appreciated the opportunity to be here and serve as coach at a school which has over 600 wins in its long and rich history. He attended Friday's event with his wife Kim and their 22-month-old daughter, Lexi.
"I know the quality of this program and I look forward to coming here," he said. "It's a big program and I'm looking forward to being a part of it. We're excited about being a part of your community."
With the exception of his time at Hearne, which is near the Bryan-College Station area, Slaughter has coached exclusively in West Texas. A Winters native and Angelo State University graduate, he was an assistant at Ballinger, Menard and Eastland before becoming a head coach, where he has built a 47-31 record at two schools which unlike Sweetwater had no winning tradition to fall back on. Slaughter said he plans to start here March 2, and also plans to bring at least two coaches with him later this spring.
"My wife is from Wall and I'm from Winters," he said. "We wanted to be in West Texas and with good kids to work with."
He then pointed to all the flags which fly at every game to represent the great teams who have played at the Bowl. "All these flagpoles, all the tradition," he said.
"I don't see how there could be a much better program than his one. There's such community support here.
"Clyde and Hearne were my opportunity to build programs. I'm looking forward to coming to an established program. I've helped build a couple of programs, and now I'm looking forward to taking this one a little further."
Slaughter was 24-19 at Hearne in four years, taking a school that was just 24-85 in the previous 11 years to back-to-back winning seasons. He had even more success at Clyde, which was 11-2 this past year and 23-12 in the past three. Prior to his arrival, Clyde was just 27-63 over a nine-year period. But the man he replaces at Sweetwater will be a tough act to follow. Kent Jackson was 78-26 the past eight years with eight playoff appearances, and the team was 10-3 this past season while advancing to the Class 3A, Division II regional semifinals.
But Slaughter had success coaching against his predecessor, as Clyde defeated Sweetwater 15-8 two years ago en route to a second-place finish in District 7-3A, which at the time also included Wylie, Breckenridge and Comanche.
Under Slaughter, Clyde ended a 10-year playoff drought in 1996, his first season there, and also made the playoffs in 2007 and 2008, dropping back to Class 2A in '08 after UIL realignment.
This past year, Clyde captured its first outright district title in 53 years and defeated Cisco, a member of the district which was ranked No. 1 in the state at the time and later advanced all the way to the Class 2A state championship game. Clyde also made one of its longest playoff runs ever, posting shutout wins over Bowie (12-0) and Jim Ned (35-0) in the first two rounds before losing to Muleshoe 42-7 in the Class 2A regional semifinals.
Slaughter was one of two finalists for the Sweetwater job along with Chip Mayfield, who currently serves as head coach at Austin Del Valle. A total of over 100 candidates applied for the position during a three-week period, a list that was eventually cut to eight earlier this month until only Slaughter and Mayfield were called back for final interviews.
Slaughter said he plans to open up Sweetwater's offense, known under Jackson for its heavy reliance on a Wishbone-style running attack while rarely throwing the ball. But it's unlikely that the Mustangs will start going to the air as often as Texas Tech has during the Mike Leach era. At Clyde, the Bulldogs last year averaged 180 yards rushing and 130 yards passing.
"We're definitely going to open it up and give more of the kids a chance to catch the ball," Slaughter said. "But we're not going to throw it 45 times. We'll be more balanced."
Last Updated ( Monday, 23 February 2009 )

Johnny Utah
02-26-2009, 02:10 PM
He is a WINTERS BLIZZARD! NICE!

Bullaholic
02-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Wonder how the Sweetwater "old school" West Texas football fans are going to take to the new-fangled spread or derivative. I think he is on the right track if he has the players to achieve a true balance, however.

Electus Unus
02-26-2009, 02:25 PM
It'll never work...they won't run the ball near enough to sustain success.

kaorder1999
02-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Wonder how the Sweetwater "old school" West Texas football fans are going to take to the new-fangled spread or derivative. I think he is on the right track if he has the players to achieve a true balance, however.

he could be successful with a Euless Trinity type offense with the kids Sweetwater has. People dont realize just how much Trinity throws the ball even though they are typically known as a smash mouth football team

kaorder1999
02-26-2009, 02:27 PM
i may be wrong but didnt say they were going to spread it out and go 4 wide and 5 wide. He just said he would get more people catches.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-26-2009, 02:36 PM

Been there lived thru it......will be a ruff ride for the fans at first...I hear boos and ***'s going off in the stands.... especially when the tide is not on their side...they will get use to it...may take some time...

:)

Sweetwater Red
02-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
he could be successful with a Euless Trinity type offense with the kids Sweetwater has. People dont realize just how much Trinity throws the ball even though they are typically known as a smash mouth football team

Will our players have to learn how to do the Haka dance?:thinking:

kaorder1999
02-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Will our players have to learn how to do the Haka dance?:thinking:

why not? lol

By using ET as an example...I meant...a team can still have the reputation of a smash mouth we are running right at you team and still open it up at times and throw the ball. Trinity through the ball over 200 times this year but the Majority of their offensive yards came on the ground!

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-26-2009, 04:19 PM
I don't know what y'all are talking about, my Senior year I remember us throwing the ball at least 10 or 15 times.

JR2004
02-26-2009, 05:39 PM

The Sweetwater fans that I've run across were not too sad to see the Coach Jackson leave and were hoping they'd hire someone who wanted to be balanced offensively or something close to that. It'll be interesting to see how things look in the fall.

wildstangs
02-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
The Sweetwater fans that I've run across were not too sad to see the Coach Jackson leave and were hoping they'd hire someone who wanted to be balanced offensively or something close to that. It'll be interesting to see how things look in the fall.

Yeah, that winning 9-11 games every year gets REAL old REAL quick. Good thing all those unhappy people have degrees and teaching certificates. Look for them to be coming to a sideline near you soon!

Phantom Stang
02-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Well then, you must've not run across me.
Jackson's Sweetwater teams went at least three rounds deep five of the eight years he was there; including three quarterfinals and one semifinals appearance. The other three seasons they made the second round.

While I've never claimed to be an expert, I'm pretty sure that kind of success year after year after year after year after year after year after year after YEAR, has to be due to more than raw athletic talent and pure luck.

JR2004
02-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Yeah, that winning 9-11 games every year gets REAL old REAL quick. Good thing all those unhappy people have degrees and teaching certificates. Look for them to be coming to a sideline near you soon!

Uh oh you've played the coaching card!

JR2004
02-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Jackson's Sweetwater teams went at least three rounds deep five of the eight years he was there; including three quarterfinals and one semifinals appearance. The other three seasons they made the second round.

While I've never claimed to be an expert, I'm pretty sure that kind of success year after year after year after year after year after year after year after YEAR, has to be due to more than raw athletic talent and pure luck.

Good athletes and Region I. :)

OldBison75
02-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Anybody that runs down Coach Jackson is barking up the wrong tree and smoking wacky tobaccy. He is an outstanding coach and, yes, he might have done things a little different and had more success. But, just as likely, doing something different and that the coaches and team were not comfortable doing might have been a disaster. It is easy to sit in our bleacher seats and coach after the play has been run.

As for Slaughter, he is also a great coach that will bring a new dimension to the Sweetwater football program. The approach on the field may be more open and balanced, but from seeing Slaughter coached teams, if he can jam it down your throat, you better get planty of sore throat medicine when you play him. He is a very good coach at adjusting to what the other team is giving him.

Sweetwater should go deep next year.

STANG RED
02-26-2009, 11:19 PM
"We're definitely going to open it up and give more of the kids a chance to catch the ball," Slaughter said. "But we're not going to throw it 45 times. We'll be more balanced."

Music to my ears!!! This is what we have obviously needed for a long time. Now maybe we wont see 8 and 9 man defensive fronts on every play.
Slaughter usually has a very solid, smash mouth defense as well, which is exactley what we have had for years here.
I expect we'll be real happy with this guy. And I think way more people than not are looking forward to something new.

swstangs001
02-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Anybody that runs down Coach Jackson is barking up the wrong tree and smoking wacky tobaccy. He is an outstanding coach and, yes, he might have done things a little different and had more success. But, just as likely, doing something different and that the coaches and team were not comfortable doing might have been a disaster. It is easy to sit in our bleacher seats and coach after the play has been run.

As for Slaughter, he is also a great coach that will bring a new dimension to the Sweetwater football program. The approach on the field may be more open and balanced, but from seeing Slaughter coached teams, if he can jam it down your throat, you better get planty of sore throat medicine when you play him. He is a very good coach at adjusting to what the other team is giving him.

Sweetwater should go deep next year.

He was a good coach, but a terrible decision maker, you can't run a qb draw on 4th and 15 in the state semis, sweetwatere should have played for at least 1 state champ when he was here, they had the talent to even win state multiple years, sure he made the playoffs but with the talent we had, then he should have gone farther than what he did

Phantom Stang
02-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Music to my ears!!! This is what we have obviously needed for a long time. Now maybe we wont see 8 and 9 man defensive fronts on every play.
Slaughter usually has a very solid, smash mouth defense as well, which is exactley what we have had for years here.
I expect we'll be real happy with this guy. And I think way more people than not are looking forward to something new.
What formation(s) did Clyde's offense line up in under Slaughter?:thinking:

STANG RED
02-27-2009, 12:06 AM
What formation(s) did Clyde's offense line up in under Slaughter?:thinking:

If I'm remembering correctly, I think they ran a pro set base most of the time, occasionally getting in the I. I don’t remember ever seeing them with two wide outs against us, but it seems like I saw it some when they played Wylie. In fact they ran a lot more balanced offense against Wylie than they did against us. I think Slaughter was smart enough to know better than to be one dimensional against Wylie. They proved for years against us they could stop the rushing game cold, if that’s all they had to worry about, no matter how good our athletes were.

coach
02-27-2009, 12:35 AM
my comment to the subject to this thread.....thats what they all say

WTF-82
02-27-2009, 11:04 PM

They have seen it before Tom Ritchey had a little run & shoot offense in the early 90's and they were very good at it with all those good athletes.

vet93
02-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Sweetwater got them a good one. He has been a winner everywhere he has coached. He is a dynamic motivator. Give hime time to get everything changed over and you will be very successful sooner versus later. He will run a balanced offense taking advantage of the kids that he has each year. Some years may be slanted more towards the pass if he has the kids to pull it off, however, if he can line up and run over you he will do that too. His defenses have been very solid. I expect Sweetwater to continue their winning ways with Coach Slaughter. He was well liked in Ballinger during his time there...the kids loved him and really wanted to play hard for him. Good luck to Coach Slaughter and the Mustangs.

Stangs325
03-01-2009, 06:52 PM

i beg to differ. I mean Jackson isn't by any stretch of the means a bad coach but you cant tell me that those teams couldnt of gone farther with a good offense. Im pretty sure when everyone knows your just going to run the ball and you still win, thats raw talent my friend. I just wish the new coach could of coached this past years team

STANG RED
03-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Stangs325
I just wish the new coach could of coached this past years team

Or how about those Carrillo brothers teams (both of which could throw the ball a mile, on the mark, and on a rope) with all those speed burners they had around them. Woulda been mighty tough to beat for sure. Oh well.

I also hope the new coach will put some emphasis on the other sports as well, and get those back to respectability. With the athletes we have year in and year out, there is no good reason for the other sports to be so pitiful.

Phantom Stang
03-01-2009, 09:20 PM
i beg to differ. I mean Jackson isn't by any stretch of the means a bad coach but you cant tell me that those teams couldnt of gone farther with a good offense. Im pretty sure when everyone knows your just going to run the ball and you still win, thats raw talent my friend. I just wish the new coach could of coached this past years team
Well, it looks like we'll just have to agree to disagree when it comes to Coach Jackson. We or at least I, can't say anything that hasn't been said before.

Now don't get me wrong. I think the powers that be made an excellent choice when they hired Craig Slaughter, and I'm sure the Mustangs will have much success under him.

DU_stud04
03-01-2009, 09:20 PM
i think the hardcore sweetwater fans when they mean open it up is to bring something more than the wishbone and the 4 plays it came with to the plate. coach jackson started doing that a bit more later on this season and ended up with games 400+rushing. it would be nice to sweetwater run more veer plays, some single back, power I football...keeping the smash mouth there. i sure don't want to see a spread, i hate it and it wouldn't fit sweetwater. passing 7-15 times is more than plenty.

as for the fall out in other sports, i really dont see what happened there, besides the assistant coaches not doing their job. for example, sweetwaters baseball team went to the playoffs for the first time since 1989(i think) my freshman year(jackson came in spring semester of freshman year), and continued to have success the next 3 years, with a few deep playoff runs. that 2004 team only had seniors and sophmores, where i think 4-5 sophmores started, and plenty more on the bench who would come in also, with a jv team who did very well. After the 2004 season, Cochran left Sweetwater and baseball team hasn't even passed gas. even the field looks crappy and unkept when i saw a game this past season.

basketball is the same way, we would play our jv for the first part of the season in baseball because the basketball boys that played baseball too were always playing in the playoffs.

but then again, i can't form an idea or think anything bad about a coach because im not one and only a coach can tell if another coach is a good one or bad one or even make comments on them...without ever playing/coaching for/against them just because they went to school for 4 years and think they're special now, so i wont comment on coaching.

DU_stud04
03-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I don't know what y'all are talking about, my Senior year I remember us throwing the ball at least 10 or 15 times. same.

Stangs325
03-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Or how about those Carrillo brothers teams (both of which could throw the ball a mile, on the mark, and on a rope) with all those speed burners they had around them. Woulda been mighty tough to beat for sure. Oh well.

I also hope the new coach will put some emphasis on the other sports as well, and get those back to respectability. With the athletes we have year in and year out, there is no good reason for the other sports to be so pitiful.

exactly..while he took them to playoffs a different coach could of gone farther with those teams

wildstangs
03-02-2009, 08:24 PM
exactly..while he took them to playoffs a different coach could of gone farther with those teams

Yes, remember how Coach Jackson told the RB to fumble a pitch against Greenwood in Mychaels final game. Or how about when Jackson told several players to fumble against a great, very athletic Tatum team during Kendalls final game. Both were excellent players, but it wasn't Jackson's fault that they didn't win a state championship. Mychael went 4 rounds his senior year, and Kendall went 5 rounds his senior year. All the teams playing that late in the season are great teams.

DU_stud04
03-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Yes, remember how Coach Jackson told the RB to fumble a pitch against Greenwood in Mychaels final game. Or how about when Jackson told several players to fumble against a great, very athletic Tatum team during Kendalls final game. Both were excellent players, but it wasn't Jackson's fault that they didn't win a state championship. Mychael went 4 rounds his senior year, and Kendall went 5 rounds his senior year. All the teams playing that late in the season are great teams. if youre talking about the pitch at the end of the game, he was pitching it to get the ball out of bound.... it hit a receiver and stayed in. play makers are what made those games even happen. he tired to over think himself too many times, i saw it happen a lot and every time it would bite us hard.

wildstangs
03-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
if youre talking about the pitch at the end of the game, he was pitching it to get the ball out of bound.... it hit a receiver and stayed in. play makers are what made those games even happen. he tired to over think himself too many times, i saw it happen a lot and every time it would bite us hard.

Which one are you talking about over thinking now? Carrillo or Jackson? I remember Jackson calling some pretty good stuff in last minute wins over Perryton and Iowa Park, not to mention the comeback against Snyder in the playoffs (missed EP wasn't Jackson's fault)

I understand what you guys say about Jackson. I am just a believer that you do what you do best, and all those years that Jackson was here, they rolled teams up in the regular season. You can't expect someone to change what they do when the playoffs come around.

DU_stud04
03-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Which one are you talking about over thinking now? Carrillo or Jackson? I remember Jackson calling some pretty good stuff in last minute wins over Perryton and Iowa Park, not to mention the comeback against Snyder in the playoffs (missed EP wasn't Jackson's fault)

I understand what you guys say about Jackson. I am just a believer that you do what you do best, and all those years that Jackson was here, they rolled teams up in the regular season. You can't expect someone to change what they do when the playoffs come around. im talking about jackson over thinking. the fumble was just a correction for you.

the game against Snyder was one of the worst called games ive seen. ill have to give him perryton though.

i don't expect someone to change it around come playoffs, it would be stupid. the thing alot of people are arguing when they talk about going deep is when we move away from west texas football and meet up with east texas teams(yes, they have a different style of football) that steal our lunches and eat them in front of us. ive seen it as far back as i remember(90-08) coaches get conservative and fall away from everything else that is practiced on the field. its hard on the players when we learn new play and execute them soundly, but have never seen them in a game. we know whats out there for us that we're not getting. Ive even seen it during a game where a quarterback switches up a play because he can sense the play hasnt worked the past 5 times, catches the defense off guard and gain 20-30 yards, then get benched the next play for the following quarter back to only do the same thing. its bad when you don't have the confidence from your own players. Ive always said, he was a good man, but just an average coach.

TheDOCTORdre
03-02-2009, 11:05 PM
How bout starting Thomspon over little Carrillo in the Vernon game...

wildstangs
03-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
How bout starting Thomspon over little Carrillo in the Vernon game...

Didn't Thompson lead Sweetwater to an undefeated district championship that year? (the last one in Sweetwater history)
That was a VERY windy day, and I would bet that Jackson figured Thompson's speed would be the best weapon for the Mustangs.

I think we are all going to have to agree to disagree on this topic.

STANG RED
03-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
im talking about jackson over thinking. the fumble was just a correction for you.

the game against Snyder was one of the worst called games ive seen. ill have to give him perryton though.

i don't expect someone to change it around come playoffs, it would be stupid. the thing alot of people are arguing when they talk about going deep is when we move away from west texas football and meet up with east texas teams(yes, they have a different style of football) that steal our lunches and eat them in front of us. ive seen it as far back as i remember(90-08) coaches get conservative and fall away from everything else that is practiced on the field. its hard on the players when we learn new play and execute them soundly, but have never seen them in a game. we know whats out there for us that we're not getting. Ive even seen it during a game where a quarterback switches up a play because he can sense the play hasnt worked the past 5 times, catches the defense off guard and gain 20-30 yards, then get benched the next play for the following quarter back to only do the same thing. its bad when you don't have the confidence from your own players. Ive always said, he was a good man, but just an average coach.

I agree with everything your saying except for the Perryton game. If you'll remember, the whole crowd was chanting Kendall Kendall Kendall over and over again. When Jackson finaly pulled his head out, and put Kendall in late in the 4th quarter, Kendall pulled the game out with a last second win, and it certainly wasnt the play calling that did it. Strangely though, it was actually about a 30 yard desperation pass play to Bootsy. I was frankly surprised we didnt run a dive up the middle. Had there been a few more seconds on the clock, I sure it would have though.
The only reason that pass worked was because Bootsy was about a foot taller and 100 pounds bigger than that poor little fellow trying to defend, and the pass was thrown high to where only Bootsy could get to it. It was great athletics by Kendall and Bootsy that pulled out the win. But had Kendall been the starting QB the whole game, it wouldnt have even been close at the end. But it seemed like everyone in the stadium could plainly see that but Jackson. At least he finally got it right in the end.

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-02-2009, 11:47 PM
What about calling for a pooch kick up by 2 with under a minute left against Kennedale is WF's my Sr year?

TheDOCTORdre
03-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Didn't Thompson lead Sweetwater to an undefeated district championship that year? (the last one in Sweetwater history)
That was a VERY windy day, and I would bet that Jackson figured Thompson's speed would be the best weapon for the Mustangs.

to say Thompson led us to the undefeated district championship can be argued...our defense is what we hung our hat on...nonetheless, perhaps i was wrong in what i stated about starting Thompson over Carrillo in the Vernon game being the problem, the problem was Jackson sticking with him when it was apparent that Thompson was running scared, I dont mean this as disrespect to Thompson at all, but it was obvious that he was still very cautious about taking a hit after being lit up in the Perryton game the week before...

DU_stud04
03-02-2009, 11:51 PM
I agree with everything your saying except for the Perryton game. At least he finally got it right in the end. you mistook my joking as seriousness. some call it sarcasm. it was more pointed towards he finally made a change late in the game to help it out. im really bad about this whole joking around thing though. :)

LH Panther Mom
03-02-2009, 11:55 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: Good grief!

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6189/waterunderbridge.jpg

STANG RED
03-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6189/waterunderbridge.jpg

Yes we said that many many times.:taunt: :p :D

DU_stud04
03-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6189/waterunderbridge.jpg nice sunset :)

TheDOCTORdre
03-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Why didn't any of you apply for the job? You all could have won at least 2 state championships with those kids.

we were those kids

kepdawg
03-03-2009, 12:21 AM
I meant when Jackson left. Besides, not all of the posters here were "those kids". Im sure there's still athletes there. You shoulda applied for the job.

Come on! We all know you are the only person with any football knowledge on this board! It would be a disaster if any of the rest of us were ever on the sidelines!

DU_stud04
03-03-2009, 12:27 AM
I meant when Jackson left. Besides, not all of the posters here were "those kids". Im sure there's still athletes there. You shoulda applied for the job. im a greedy bastard... engineering pays more and i dont plan on living in a small town till im old.

DU_stud04
03-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Say Kep, what position did you play? On the varsity? who said anything about you had to play varsity football just to know or understand football? :confused: :confused: :confused:

TheDOCTORdre
03-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Win a state championship and you can move on to bigger and better places. Besides, I promise you this, it's a helluva lot more fun than engineering.
You should at least give Coach Jackson or Coach Slaughter a call and let them in on the secret. Neither have won a ring, so Im sure they'd appreciate your help in getting one.

we tried to tell jackson but he wouldnt listen:D

DU_stud04
03-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Win a state championship and you can move on to bigger and better places. Besides, I promise you this, it's a helluva lot more fun than engineering.
You should at least give Coach Jackson or Coach Slaughter a call and let them in on the secret. Neither have won a ring, so Im sure they'd appreciate your help in getting one. still doesnt seem appealing to me. each has its own perks. differnt strokes for different folks.

coach j can keep waiting for the call, he'll never get one from me. as for slaughter, he can manage on his own.

SWMustang
03-03-2009, 09:51 AM
You should at least give Coach Jackson or Coach Slaughter a call and let them in on the secret. Neither have won a ring, so Im sure they'd appreciate your help in getting one.

By this logic, none of us should be critical of the President of the United States if we've never been in politics, never be critical of a waiter if we've never waited tables and never be critical of our boss if we've never oversaw as many people as he/she has.

Nobody is saying Jackson was a bad coach - his track record clearly shows a lot of success. If you can rack up 400 yards of offense without throwing the ball - great! Do that. I don't know why you find it so offensive (pun intended) to have a plan B if things aren't going so well or to make some half time adjustments.

CHSWR07
03-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
why not? lol

By using ET as an example...I meant...a team can still have the reputation of a smash mouth we are running right at you team and still open it up at times and throw the ball. Trinity through the ball over 200 times this year but the Majority of their offensive yards came on the ground!

Or just like liberty hill i mean they run run run then hit you with a 60 yard touchdown pass...get that saftey creepin up and then burn him

kepdawg
03-03-2009, 09:36 PM
ETB to answer your question, I did not. I'm not sure what your point is in asking the question. I do not claim to have great knowledge or understanding of the intricacies of the game. I have claimed the exact opposite. Numerous times I have stated that I do not know nor understand the game. That has never been a secret and I am not embarrassed about it. Thanks for asking the question though. It's nice people are interested in my life.

swstangs001
03-03-2009, 10:59 PM

yeah he had a concussion that game and was told that he should not play quarterback but he could run the ball a few times out of the backfield and they started him at qb anyway