PDA

View Full Version : prayers needed

injuredinmelee
02-26-2009, 01:17 PM
my 40 yr old uncle is in icu at scoot & white in Temple after his kidneys shut down. He is on dialysis and is septic and being treated with a very aggressive antiboitic to try and clear the staph infection. He is in critical condition and the outlook is very grave. He hastwo young children (5 and 1) and my family and I would greatly appreciate any prayers you can give for him.

JR2004
02-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Will do.

waterboy
02-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Prayers sent. That's awful.:(

Bone Pile
02-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Prayers from all at the Bone Pile house. Only God will take you there and Only God will see you through it.
Never give up on his wonders and his powers.
BP

Phantom Stang
02-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Hopes and prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

44INAROW
02-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Prayers from Cuero. Please keep us posted :(

Bullaholic
02-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Prayers from Bull Country, Injured....

OldBison75
02-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Prayers from my family and the Navasota Rattler family. We all hope for a speedy and complete recovery. God Bless You

injuredinmelee
02-26-2009, 10:08 PM
thank you for all your prayers and I thought I would give a little update.

James is still sedated and intubated (sp) and dialysis was performed again today for 8 more hours and they were able to remove over 7lbs of fluid from his body. yesterday his blood pressure was so unstable that they were not able to remove any. A little over 24 hours into the aggressive antibiotics. I cannot remember the spelling of the drug but it is usually used as a last ditch effort to save the organs. His kidneys are still not functioning at all but through prayer we are asking for any kind of recovery. I know many dont care to read all this and thats fine just my way of venting.

OldBison75
02-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Injured--you write whatever you feel the need to write and vent however you feel the need. The most important thing is the recovery of your family member and each of us here want to hear updates on his condition and continue our prayers.

zebrablue2
02-26-2009, 10:52 PM
prayers from bellville. may the man upstairs shine the light upon him...

bobcat4life
02-26-2009, 10:59 PM
this is awful. prayers from celina. hope he pulls through.

Ranger Mom
02-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Injured--you write whatever you feel the need to write and vent however you feel the need. The most important thing is the recovery of your family member and each of us here want to hear updates on his condition and continue our prayers.

Amen!!

Rick, prayers are going out, please keep us posted!!

Snydertigersrul
02-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Prayers from Snyder. Please keep us inform.

SintonFan
02-26-2009, 11:20 PM
I pray he "turns the corner" and will pray for him and his family.
Can we have his first name?

CHS_CG
02-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Prayers being sent from Caldwell right now! Keep us updated and remember we are here for you anytime Rick!

Global Swarming
02-27-2009, 08:47 AM
I believe the bible says that when two or more ask in my name it shall be given. God is a miracle worker. So even when things look hopeless and the doctors think the worst, don't give up. I was in an accident in 2001. The guy I was riding with one night hit a guard rail on an old country road bridge. The guard rail somehow came through the truck door and cut my left leg off. It was in the twenties that night and it was 4 hours before anyone found us. It was only by the grace of God and the miracles that he works that I was able to survive and raise my two teenaged boys. Keep the faith and no matter how it turns out remember that God has a purpose and a reason for doing everything. We may not understand it at the time and sometimes God says no to our prayers but it's for his glory not our understanding. I pray that your uncle recovers and that God can use this experience to change other's lives. Prayers going out from Caldwell and my house.

injuredinmelee
02-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers. I am not a overly sentimental man but got goose bumps reading some of your messages. His first name is James and we as a family are continuing to pray for Gods grace and healing power.

pirate4state
02-27-2009, 10:09 AM
thoughts & prayers from me

BMOC
02-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Prayers from out West from our family to yours.

ccmom
02-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Praying now.

CheerMom
02-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Prayers sent....

injuredinmelee
03-03-2009, 10:55 AM
just wanted to post a James update:

He woke up Sunday evening and can communicate somewhat. Can barely hear him speak and he is very very very weak. He was moved from ICU but will be on antibiotics for two more weeks at least and will remain on dialysis as long as it takes for his kidneys to come back. He isnt strong enough to feed himself but everyone is taking turns staying with him and caring for him. The Dr.s are sure to tell us that he is not out of the woods yet but we know through all the prayers everyone is sending that he will be as good as ever before long.

God Bless you all and thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.

Phil C
03-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Prayers from Sinton for a complete recovery.

Old Dog
03-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Prayers from Burnet County

STANG RED
03-03-2009, 01:00 PM
This sounds exactly like what happen to my buddy's son a few weeks back. I think all the prayers sent his way had to have everything to do with his miraculous recovery. He was on the edge of death just like your uncle, but is now back home and doing great. He is still having to go for dialysis 3 times a week, but there is still much hope that even that will eventually come to an end. Other than having to do the dialysis and watching what he eats, he is right back to his old self.
Keep the faith up Rick! I've seen this very miracle happen just recently, and I'm sure it will happen for your family as well.
God bless you and yours my brother.

cr180t
03-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Prayers from here as well..

KingRob
03-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Prayers from Germany. Geez, only 40, and two young ones too. I hope he gets better. I guess I take my health for granted sometimes.

trg
03-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Prayers from my family to yours.

I_DONT_CARE
03-03-2009, 08:29 PM
YOUR UNCLE AND HIS FAMILY ARE IN MY PRAYERS.

LH Panther Mom
03-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Prayers are coming from me.

STANG RED
03-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
This sounds exactly like what happen to my buddy's son a few weeks back. I think all the prayers sent his way had to have everything to do with his miraculous recovery. He was on the edge of death just like your uncle, but is now back home and doing great. He is still having to go for dialysis 3 times a week, but there is still much hope that even that will eventually come to an end. Other than having to do the dialysis and watching what he eats, he is right back to his old self.
Keep the faith up Rick! I've seen this very miracle happen just recently, and I'm sure it will happen for your family as well.
God bless you and yours my brother.

I just spoke to my buddies son last night. He had the dialysis tube to his heart removed yesterday, and hasnt needed dialysis in about 2 weeks. His tox level in his blood dropped 10 points in one week, at which point his doctor demanded another test because he said that wasnt even possible. The next test showed even another .1 point drop. I guess the Doctor just didnt understand the power of prayer. I guarantee that young man and his family are very well aware of its power.
Keep praying for Rick's uncle folks. This miricle is absolutely possible, and I have proof of it.
The Doctors may still be puzzled, but I am not.