View Full Version : Fitzhenry to Odessa Permian

Milk That Cow
02-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Not saying it will happen...

But I will say it could happen...

that is all

rancher
02-25-2009, 09:09 PM
This will never happen thanks to T.J. Mills and his antics. I know Stony Case and he told me they will never hire again a head coach below a 4A level and he must come from a proven championship program. The coach also must have a good track record at every school he was associated with. He elucidated that they are wanting someone who has taken a down team and elevated them to a championship contender. He stated that if he had his way back when T.J. Mills was hired, he would have started the movement to fire him after about month when he arrived at the school.

I. B. Watching
02-25-2009, 09:17 PM
That's fine. Mojo is just eliminating a bunch of potentially great coaches from its radar.:rolleyes:

rancher
02-25-2009, 09:20 PM
What happen to the other job rumors about him? The only reason to leave Giddings is if he is going to retire in 3 years and he wants to boost his retirement. I also know Coach Ivy who was there before Fitzhenry. He bolted and went to greener pastures as Head Coach at Conroe High School. He was asked to resign there, went to Athens again ask to leave because of a poor record and last I heard he was an assistant in that hell hole district, Alief. You will never have a talent shortage at Giddings and always be in the hunt. The grass is always not greener on the other side.

BOCEPHUS
02-26-2009, 06:21 AM
I HERD HE WUZ GOING TO WORK FOR MACK BROWN, U KNOW ONE OF THEM DEALS SONNY BOY IS THERE, WE TAKE DAD TOO!!!!

BUT HE COULD NOT GET HIS BIG 4X4 KING RANCH TRUCK AROUND IN AUSTIN TRAFFIC, SO HE BACKED OUT!!!!!!

NOW THIS AIN'T A RUMOR, THIS THE BY GAWD TRUTH.

Buffgal
02-26-2009, 09:24 AM
It's not the talent in Giddings that keeps him here......

It's Mel's Diner.

& I also think there is alot of truth in Bo's Big Truck scenario.:)

Brutus 1
02-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Did I miss something? Has something happened to Allman ??

BOCEPHUS
02-26-2009, 09:50 AM
i wuz wunder'n same thang, but did not want to sound stupid like U!!!!

but, glad u ask'd?;)

Brutus 1
02-26-2009, 09:51 AM
AInt U just freaking hillarious this morning !

BOCEPHUS
02-26-2009, 09:56 AM
YEAH, AIN'T I THOUGH. GLAD U NOTICED!! SINCE NOBODY ELSE DOES.

HAVE NOTICED SUMTHEN, NOBODY MUCH ON THIS HERE BOARD WILL TALK TO U ER ME, IS GIVE'N ME A 'COMPLEX'.......JUST HOPE IT IS A BIG ONE;)

LionKing
02-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Brutus 1
Did I miss something? Has something happened to Allman ?? Allman is taking the Austin Westlake job.

Brutus 1
02-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Thats the truth ! People have a hard time with people that speak their mind or what little we have !:thinking: :thinking:

Johnny Utah
02-26-2009, 10:10 AM
If I were a head football coach, why would you leave a contender like Giddings?? A's are not all they are cracked up to be.

BOCEPHUS
02-26-2009, 10:13 AM
IT WAS JUST LIKE 'IKE' AT THE BASSMASTERS CLASSIC. THEY HIT A JIG, DANG NEAR NOCK'D IT OUT THE WATER, WAS GOOD BAIT!!

SEE THAR BRUTUS, WE GOT SUM FRIENDS

Brutus 1
02-26-2009, 10:14 AM
That dependds on several of things:
1) Since the kids and staff have proven they can get it done is their a committment from the ADM ? (Facilities etc...)
2) Is the discipline displayed in athletics carried out through the school ?
3) Is the ADM willing to make a committment long term to the staff ?

pirate4state
02-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
YEAH, AIN'T I THOUGH. GLAD U NOTICED!! SINCE NOBODY ELSE DOES.

HAVE NOTICED SUMTHEN, NOBODY MUCH ON THIS HERE BOARD WILL TALK TO U ER ME, IS GIVE'N ME A 'COMPLEX'.......JUST HOPE IT IS A BIG ONE;)

Maybe people don't talk to you because they don't speak your "language". All caps & redneck Ebonics is just not a good combo dude.

Brutus 1
02-26-2009, 10:17 AM
My next question concerning Permian is will Ted Willman go to Westlake or try to to get the job at Permian or will he even be considered ?

BOCEPHUS
02-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
dude.

'DUDE'--- I AIN'T HERD THAT WORD IN 25 SUM ODD YEARS.

NO SHURE WHAT IT MEANT TODAY, YOU KNOW WORDS CHANGE MEANINGS,ALL 'NEW SLANG'

'CAPS' I AM IN THE HOUSE, AIN'T GOT NO CAP ON MY HEAD.

GUESS IT IS ALL OK, I MEAN I MEET PEOPLE EVERDAY THAT NEED TO JUST EASE ON DOWN TO THE LUMBER YARD, .................

Brutus 1
02-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Sorry Bo (DUDE) that far back meant DQ Dude, great sandwich !
Dude from him is more skater dude !:thinking: :thinking:

Brutus 1
02-26-2009, 10:27 AM
By the way Bo what do you do at the lumber yard ?:clap: :clap:

BOCEPHUS
02-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Brutus 1
By the way Bo what do you do at the lumber yard ?:clap: :clap:

GO ON AND GET U SUM 2 X 6's, AND BUILD U A BIG OLE STURDY BRIDGE, .........AND.....JUST GET ON OVER IT!!!! I MEAN IF YOU BE HAV'EN SUMTH'EN THAT BE A BOTHER'N LOOK, FER EX...--LIKE THE WAY I TALK/TYPES ON HERE, THEN U JUST MIGHT NEED SUM 4 X 4's, DON'T WANT U A FALL'N IN, U MITE BE A NON-SWIMMER

Brutus 1
02-26-2009, 10:48 AM
GOOD POINT !!!!!!!:cool: :cool:

pirate4state
02-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
GO ON AND GET U SUM 2 X 6's, AND BUILD U A BIG OLE STURDY BRIDGE, .........AND.....JUST GET ON OVER IT!!!! I MEAN IF YOU BE HAV'EN SUMTH'EN THAT BE A BOTHER'N LOOK, FER EX...--LIKE THE WAY I TALK/TYPES ON HERE, THEN U JUST MIGHT NEED SUM 4 X 4's, DON'T WANT U A FALL'N IN, U MITE BE A NON-SWIMMER

LOL you were the one talking about how no one talks to you. Maybe you need a trip to the lumberyard!

Brutus 1
02-26-2009, 11:09 AM
OH MY !!!!:rolleyes:

pirate4state
02-26-2009, 11:10 AM
:rolleyes: to you too coach

Brutus 1
02-26-2009, 11:15 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Milk That Cow
02-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Fitzhenry coached at Odessa Permian before coming to Giddings...

BOCEPHUS
02-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL you were the one talking about how no one talks to you. Maybe you need a trip to the lumberyard!

I KEEPS A 16' FLAT BED LOADED WITH 2 X's ON IT. PLUS I GOTZ ME ONE OF THEM THAR 'QUICK SET ARMY PONTOON BRIDGES' CUZ I GET PEE'ED OFF ALOT, ........BUT WHATS A MAN TO DO, EVERYWHERE I LOOK IN MY DAY, THERE WILL BE 'STUPID' WALK RIGHT INTO IT. IT IS THE ONLY FER SHURE I GOT WHEN I GET UPS IN THE MORNING,.........I WILLWALK INTO STUPID, CUZ ITS 'OUT THAR' AND IT IS WAITING ON YOU, AND YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM IT. YOU MIGHT GET BY HID'EN FROM THE TAX MAN, BUT MY JOB REQUIRES ME TO DEAL WITH STUPID, THEREFORE I NEED THAT BRIDGE..............THANK GAWD FER TEENAGERS, ONLY SANE PEOPLE I GETS TO TALK TO.

footballer
02-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Good luck to Fitz, wherever he goes....:clap:

footballer
02-26-2009, 09:50 PM
The discipline on all four campuses is much better than the "discipline" in the Giddings athletic program, in my humble opinion....

buff4ever
02-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by footballer
The discipline on all four campuses is much better than the "discipline" in the Giddings athletic program, in my humble opinion....

Don't know if fitz is leaving or not, but if he does it would be nice to see the discipline re-installed in our athletic programs like it had been for years. Discipline in the past 4 years could have brought home 2 state championship teams POSSIBLY. Would have helped for sure in my opinion.

ratherbfishin
03-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Don't know if fitz is leaving or not, but if he does it would be nice to see the discipline re-installed in our athletic programs like it had been for years. Discipline in the past 4 years could have brought home 2 state championship teams POSSIBLY. Would have helped for sure in my opinion.

LMAO!!! "Disclpline" wouldn't have tackled Dwight Smith either...

I looked up records on line and Giddings lost to the eventual state champs ... twice... I saw one of those games and "discipline" had nothing to do with it... The LH o-line did them in along every other team LH played...

Fitz has had 40+ wins in four years and u Giddings folks still trash him... I think it's funny and pathetic.... That's my opinion...

Reds fan
03-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by ratherbfishin
LMAO!!! "Disclpline" wouldn't have tackled Dwight Smith either...

I looked up records on line and Giddings lost to the eventual state champs ... twice... I saw one of those games and "discipline" had nothing to do with it... The LH o-line did them in along every other team LH played...

Fitz has had 40+ wins in four years and u Giddings folks still trash him... I think it's funny and pathetic.... That's my opinion...

I don't think that kind of discipline is what Giddings posters have in mind. The discipline referred to is the lack thereof displayed after certain situations took place and not just in football.

buff4ever
03-07-2009, 09:26 PM
the '06 and '07 teams were both good enough to do better than they did. The '06 team could have won state IMO, and the '07 team could have gone a little further.

And yes, discipline is not all about the wins, even though I think it goes a long way in helping win some games you aren't expected to win, or not losing the ones that you shouldn't lose.

OldBison75
03-07-2009, 11:44 PM
According to a post on TOC, Chancellor from Bellville is being looked at very closely in Odessa. I am kinda shocked, but the post says he is one of two outside candidates being considered.

ratherbfishin
03-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
the '06 and '07 teams were both good enough to do better than they did. The '06 team could have won state IMO, and the '07 team could have gone a little further.

And yes, discipline is not all about the wins, even though I think it goes a long way in helping win some games you aren't expected to win, or not losing the ones that you shouldn't lose.

I've always thought it was funny how the bleacher creatures...mmmmmmmm...idiot above...can just throw out the old "shoulda, coulda won state".... Like their ordering burger and fries or something...

This guy makes me LMAO!!!! Keep the jokes coming Buffs4ever!!!

Reds fan
03-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
According to a post on TOC, Chancellor from Bellville is being looked at very closely in Odessa. I am kinda shocked, but the post says he is one of two outside candidates being considered.

He has several ties there....here's an article.

http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/chancellor_3530___article.html/permian_bellville.html