PDA

View Full Version : Rockets 98 Portland 94 final

Bull's-eye
02-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Houston won its 8th straight game at home and now have jumped up to the 4th position in the West. Louis Scola recorded his 5th straight double-double scoring 15 points and pulling down 11 rebounds. Ron Artest led the Rockets with 21 pts and Aaron Brooks scored 20 pts for the home team. Houston built a 18 point lead, but had to hang on for the win. The Rockets went ice cold and only scored 9 points in the final 8-1/2 minutes.

Bull's-eye
02-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Cavs come to town on thursday, will the Rockets have enough to stop LJ and company?

duckhunter
02-25-2009, 02:28 PM
dynamo tie 1-1

Bull's-eye
02-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Ok Duckhunter, doesn't seem like anybody wants to talk about the Rockets. A few weeks ago, they were being crucified by the Dallas chapter of the 3A Down Low.

eagles_victory
02-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Being a Cavs fan ill be watching Thursday night should be an intresting game it is in Houston and Cleveland as good as they have been at home have only been a little above average on the road. A couple of the wins they have had really could of went the other way as well so this game in my mind is a toss up.

Bull's-eye
02-25-2009, 06:52 PM
If I remember correctly, some of the Rockets had a problem with how the Cavs was celebrating in their earlier win. The Cavs were celebrating like they had won the NBA championship. Yao Ming said something like "we will see you in Houston". Rockets definitely have pay back on their minds.

JR2004
02-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Being a Cavs fan ill be watching Thursday night should be an intresting game it is in Houston and Cleveland as good as they have been at home have only been a little above average on the road. A couple of the wins they have had really could of went the other way as well so this game in my mind is a toss up.

There's no need to worry about playing a playoff bottom feeder.

eagles_victory
02-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
If I remember correctly, some of the Rockets had a problem with how the Cavs was celebrating in their earlier win. The Cavs were celebrating like they had won the NBA championship. Yao Ming said something like "we will see you in Houston". Rockets definitely have pay back on their minds. That doesnt concern me you hear that kind of stuff all the time in the NBA doesnt ever have much effect on the game.

Bull's-eye
02-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Should be a good game, I got my center court tickets. :)

Bull's-eye
02-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
That doesnt concern me you hear that kind of stuff all the time in the NBA doesnt ever have much effect on the game.

Found this on the Rocket's site.

Foul trouble for Yao
Yao Ming picked up three first-half fouls, leaving the court incensed and with a technical foul after the third, then was hit with his fourth in the first minute of the second half. Yao played only 23 minutes and never found himself offensively. Making 61.5 percent of his shots in December, he made just three of 10 Tuesday, though he also went 13-of-13 from the line to score 19 points.
The Rockets, however, were furious about the calls that forced him to the bench.
“I saw that they were wrong,” Rockets coach Rick Adelman said of offensive fouls called on Yao. “I know it probably happens, but it is pretty amazing for a team to go the whole third quarter and never get a foul called. No hand-check, no body, nothing. They’re awfully good.
“He got a couple for, they said, hitting people. All I know is they took him right out of the game.”
They also left Yao speechless.
“I just want to say, see you guys in Houston,” Yao said. “No comment. Thank you.”