maestro
02-24-2009, 10:54 PM
anything from sweeny/sealy???

Brahma84
02-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Chronicle has 79-56 Sweeny over Sealy.

STAggie
02-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Sweeny put on a clinic tonite of how to prepare for a playoff game. We had the height advantage big time but they knew they could sag the zone in the lane and force us into three pointers, that we would take but miss. Sweeny is the real deal and we just didn't compete tonight. Not sure if it was nerves or what. Thanks to the two seniors for a great year. The bright spot was the last two players moved up to varsity (a sophmore and freshman) both had good games. Watch out for Sealy the next couple of years as we had 6 sophmores on this team. Congrats to Sweeny and I hope to catch another game later in the playoffs. They are the real deal, #4 has such a sweet stroke.

Talk_To_The_Paw
02-25-2009, 09:34 AM
You are right STAggie, Sealy should be a contender for the playoffs the next couple of years. They will have some good heighth combined with quick, athletic guards and a number of kids who can shoot well beyond the 3 point arc. Their first year coach did a fantastic job in spite of the issues he had to deal with this year.

STAggie
02-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Talk_To_The_Paw
You are right STAggie, Sealy should be a contender for the playoffs the next couple of years. They will have some good heighth combined with quick, athletic guards and a number of kids who can shoot well beyond the 3 point arc. Their first year coach did a fantastic job in spite of the issues he had to deal with this year.

I am really excited about the next couple of years. Our guard play will be phenominal and if our posts can develop into posts, (ie: not settle for a jumper at the free throw line/fight for boards) we will be ranked in state. We also have some good talent cominug up from jr. high and a JV that I believe won district. Things are looking up in Sealy for Basektball. Anyway, once again congrats to Sweeny and good luck. Any one know where they are playing SA Sam Houston at?

Johnny Utah
02-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Great year Tigers. Good luck to Sweeny against Sam, hear they are the real deal...Sam that is.