PDA

View Full Version : Spurs/Mavs updates?

SintonFan
02-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Bummer Timmy is out tonight!
I can't get the game here.
Last I heard the Spurs were up 6 in the 3rd. Mavs need this game bad with Phoenix resurgent as of late.

SintonFan
02-24-2009, 10:00 PM
56-50 with 7:50 left in the 3rd.

SintonFan
02-24-2009, 10:01 PM
I don't know if the Spurs have enough scoring options to beat the Mavs with Timmy and Manu out.

SintonFan
02-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Tony going off tonight with 32. Spurs 82-67 with 6 min to play.

44INAROW
02-24-2009, 10:38 PM
84 to 70 little over 5 mins left.. Spurs leading:clap:

SintonFan
02-24-2009, 10:43 PM
86-74 with 3:11 to go. Game not over!:eek:

SintonFan
02-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Barea is heating up and Dirk hasn't started yet.:doh:

bwdlionfan
02-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Go Spurs Go

SintonFan
02-24-2009, 10:47 PM
91-74 with 1:17 left.

SintonFan
02-24-2009, 10:48 PM
All starters off the floor for the Mavs. Threw in the towel?

SintonFan
02-24-2009, 10:51 PM
93-76 final.
I don't know if Dallas can do well with Kidd. Biggest bad trade in recent memory. Sorry Mavs fans.
Houston looks to be hot without T-Mac.
Tony Parker scores 37 tonight with 12 assists.:clap:

Emerson1
02-24-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
93-76 final.
I don't know if Dallas can do well with Kidd. Biggest bad trade in recent memory. Sorry Mavs fans.
Because it's Kidd's fault they shot a season low 34 percent?

SintonFan
02-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Because it's Kidd's fault they shot a season low 34 percent?
No. Maybe (hopefully) it was the Spur's team defense. Look, JKidd is the starting point guard and he deserves some of the blame. He is old and has lost a step or two. He scored 2 points and had 4 assist tonight.
I am hopeful the Spurs have been working their new tweaked defense they tested out at the beginning of the season. It had promise but they abandoned it a few games into the season because they were losing then.
I AM concerned that the Mavs need to play better very soon or Phoenix might sneak up on them. I want three Texas teams in the playoffs... EVERY YEAR.

Bull's-eye
02-25-2009, 12:11 AM
No. Maybe (hopefully) it was the Spur's team defense. Look, JKidd is the starting point guard and he deserves some of the blame. He is old and has lost a step or two. He scored 2 points and had 4 assist tonight.

Kidd 35 mins 1-5 from the field, 0-3 from behind the arc and a team low <-19> in the plus/minus stat. I'm glad somebody else can see his deterioriating skills and inconsistent play. I was actually hoping the Mavs could take this game, especially with the Spurs playing without Duncan & Ginobili.

Bull's-eye
02-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Went back and checked the game stats on Kidd. In these 9 losses to Den, Memphis, Sac, Den, N.O., Boston (twice), Houston & S.A. Kidd is a combined 9-59 from the field & shooting a dismal 15%. Surprisingly, in the other 9-10 games where he took the night off, the Mavs managed to win the games. Here's the big shocker, he is shooting 42% from the field and a little over 40% from 3pt land. I like Kidd as a player, but am I the only one that is seeing this Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde inconsistent type of play?

Farmersfan
02-25-2009, 10:31 AM
This was a pathetic effort from the Mavs. I have been calling Dirk the Disappearing Dutchman for years now but people are blind to the fact that he can't get it done when he has to. Other than Tony Parker the Spurs put a rag tag collection of castoffs on the court last night and they made the Mavs look pathetic. Cuban has lost every bit of the respect I originally had for the man. If he doesn't bring in a superstar to lead the team they will continue to get schooled because teams have learned that if you get physical with Dirk he will simply flop around like someone has removed his spine. He is a soft, non-aggressive, passive Euro and would be a great second or third option but not the 1st. He is too easily taken out of his game.......
And the Spurs showed a lot of heart last night but without Duncan and Manu they don't make the playoffs.............. So enjoy the success now because when Duncan retires they are back to the Spurs team that we all watched for years...............

Farmersfan
02-25-2009, 10:39 AM
93-76 final.

Apparently very little thought went into this statement. No matter how bad Jason Kid plays he is still within close range of Devin Harris's numbers when he was with the Mavs. If we could have the Harris that is playing in Jersey right now then your statement is true but based on what we had WHEN the trade was made then this makes no sense at all. BTW, how did Harris do against Kidd the last time they met? Kidd can still play some very tough D even at 100 years old.
And Houston is a bigger pile of crap than the Mavs are. Talk about smoke and mirrors. Yao is a joke and any team would be better off without T-Mac. All Houston needs now is to go get Starbury and all will be fine........................ :D :D

Bull's-eye
02-25-2009, 10:43 AM
I got a lot of respect for Pops, he should be one of the leading candidates for coach of the year. The Spurs have battled the injury bug, but he keeps plugging in these no name players and the Spurs keep winning. Duncan will be hard to replace, but the Spurs have shown they can still win minus a star player or two.

Bull's-eye
02-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Apparently very little thought went into this statement. No matter how bad Jason Kid plays he is still within close range of Devin Harris's numbers when he was with the Mavs. If we could have the Harris that is playing in Jersey right now then your statement is true but based on what we had WHEN the trade was made then this makes no sense at all. BTW, how did Harris do against Kidd the last time they met? Kidd can still play some very tough D even at 100 years old.
And Houston is a bigger pile of crap than the Mavs are. Talk about smoke and mirrors. Yao is a joke and any team would be better off without T-Mac. All Houston needs now is to go get Starbury and all will be fine........................ :D :D

Apparently very little thought went into your reply. I have to agree that the Kidd/Harris trade is not working out for the Mavs. The problem is that Harris is still on the rise, where Kidd is on his way down.
Houston must have a magician for a coach. Last season, they go on a 22 game win streak (2nd best all-time) without their top player. Yes, the team is better off without an injured T-Mac. Give him some credit trying to play on a bad knee. Yes, I know he has never been past the first round of the playoffs. Go look at his playoff stats, he has always taken his game to a higher level in the post season. I think he has only been on the higher seed once and he had to play a good Utah team without Yao & Alston. Can't expect a player on a #8 seed team to knock off a #1 seed team, unless maybe they're playing the mavericks.

Farmersfan
02-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I got a lot of respect for Pops, he should be one of the leading candidates for coach of the year. The Spurs have battled the injury bug, but he keeps plugging in these no name players and the Spurs keep winning. Duncan will be hard to replace, but the Spurs have shown they can still win minus a star player or two.

The Spurs are able to cover for Duncan on a temp basis but lose him for good and it ends for them. Lose Ginobili also and they don't have a chance. The Mavs have a fair record without Dirk in the lineup but would you ever think they would be able to do without him for the season? No way! And my opinion is that the backups for the Mavs are superior to the Spurs. Without the Spurs 3rd superstar going off last night the Mavs shoot 32% and still beat them..........(even with Dirk not showing up).

Farmersfan
02-25-2009, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bull's-eye
[B]Apparently very little thought went into your reply. I have to agree that the Kidd/Harris trade is not working out for the Mavs. The problem is that Harris is still on the rise, where Kidd is on his way down.

But Harris is "on the rise" in Jersey not Dallas.
I sold a 69' cadillac to a man down the street and he put a lot of time and money into that car. After I saw the results of all his time and money I felt I made a bad deal. but did I really? It's perspective. I personally didn't like Harris from day one. He had a bad case of dumb-face and could not understand a offensive scheme. Ton's of ability but very little basketball smarts. That's why Avery had so many problems with him. Turn him lose to just do his thing and he excells like he is in Jersey but put him in a structured offense and he is lost. And just doing his thing will never win them a title.............Would I rather have a young Harris to a old Kidd? Heck Yes! But Dallas would not be any closer to a title WITH Harris than they are now.. But that's just my opinion.

Bull's-eye
02-25-2009, 12:16 PM

But Harris is "on the rise" in Jersey not Dallas.
I sold a 69' cadillac to a man down the street and he put a lot of time and money into that car. After I saw the results of all his time and money I felt I made a bad deal. but did I really? ...........Would I rather have a young Harris to a old Kidd? Heck Yes! But Dallas would not be any closer to a title WITH Harris than they are now.. But that's just my opinion. [/B]

Harris was on the rise in Dallas, look at his stats, you will see he improved every year. Harris shot over 48% in his last 2 seasons with Dallas, averaging 14.4 points his final year. Kidd has not averaged in double figures with Dallas and appears to be slowing down. Talking about cars, looks like the Mavs traded for the older vehicle and now its giving them problems. :thinking:

Emerson1
02-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Kidd 35 mins 1-5 from the field, 0-3 from behind the arc and a team low <-19> in the plus/minus stat. I'm glad somebody else can see his deterioriating skills and inconsistent play. I was actually hoping the Mavs could take this game, especially with the Spurs playing without Duncan & Ginobili.
Tied for a team low -19 along with Josh Howard.

Dallas is playing without Terry too remember, and with Dirk in a slump that is the #1 and #2 scoring option gone.

Kidd is "slowing down", yet is shooting %2 higher than his career average from the floor and 6% from 3 point. Averaging only .5 less rpg, less than 1 apg but is averaging more steals a game and .85 less TOs a game

SintonFan
02-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Very little thought indeed. It was three sentences(one remarking on TPs stats).:D
I'm not ragging on the Mavs. I want them to do well. I look at the JKidd deal with the knowledge that the Spurs almost traded for him several years ago. They were gonna trade Kidd for Tony Parker. I'm glad they didn't.
I didn't know this was talked about a couple of days ago. I had to go back and read the Houston-Mavs thread.:doh:

Bull's-eye
02-25-2009, 01:07 PM
I agree it's not all Kidd's fault, the lack of a quality center is hurting the Mavs.

Farmersfan
02-25-2009, 04:44 PM
I agree it's not all Kidd's fault, the lack of a quality center is hurting the Mavs.

I think expecting Dirk to be the #1 is what is hurting them worse than anything. It keeps Cuban from doing something else. He has a false impression of what Dirk brings to the table. Great player. But not able to be the go-to guy...................