PDA

View Full Version : Jim Gilligan's Lamar U. will be shooting for the National Championship in baseball

Old Cardinal
01-01-2004, 01:21 PM
Lamar University-Beaumont, seemed to have an enjoyable habit of beating the University of Texas and National Champion Rice Univ. last season. It just may get even better for the Cardinals this 2004 season. Lamar U. has added some hosses in the early signing period.
#1. Murry Gilbertson-Blinn JC and Bellaire HS standout.
#2 Allen Harrington-Port Neches-Groves HS-A standout in the group of Golden Triangle boys that won the 16 & U National Babe Ruth Championship, several year ago.
#3 Luke Barganier-Temple JC ace.
#4 Collin DeLone-A Senior All-state pitcher for Buna HS, this season. Collin also played on the same National Babe Ruth National Championship team.
#5 Bryan Musick-A left-handed home run hitter from Alvin JC and Temple HS.
There are other great HS & JC stars tettering on signing with Lamar also.
These guys will be joining folks like Senior outfielder Jordan Foster-Preseason All-American First Team and Matt Gowan a top-notch Senior Catcher. Also, John Allen, Lamar designated hitter, a Senior. He was First Team All-SLC, last season. Senior pitcher Mark Ion who proportately will be drafted by the Colorado Rockies, adds strength to this team. Rounding out the Lamar seasoned standouts is William Delange, a college Sophomore from Nederland HS. A great Pitcher, he was named to the Louisville Slugger Freshman All-American Team. Also as a Freshman he was-Honorable mention All-SLC.
Looking on down the road when Jim Gilligan retires, many of us in the Triangle are hoping that Coach Sam Moore who posted one of the best records around in HS baseball and has since started a viable training school for top Select Team player upgrades, will step into that Lamar position. He can recruit the best players since he is admired by those that know HS, JC, and college baseball.

<small>[ January 01, 2004, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

ALLSPORTSGUY
01-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Hey OC I don't think Collin Delome is a pitcher I believe he plays Short stop for Buna. All though he is capable of pitching.

Old Cardinal
01-01-2004, 10:35 PM
I've seen him both pitch and play infield through the years. He does a good job at both.

Birdman
01-02-2004, 12:04 AM
I wish Lamar all the success, but they have quite a task to even think about being National Champions. We just need them to win their conference. While beating Rice twice last year was quite an accomplishment, keep in mind that those were mid-week games where Lamar never saw the Rice's top pitchers. Wayne Graham uses those games to develop his youngest pitchers. He saves the hosses for conference games on the weekends. Have you talked to Sam Moore to see if he would be remotely interested in the Lamar job????? My guess would be, "no way"!