PDA

View Full Version : Conan O'Brien Fans Rejoice!!!

ILS1
02-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Conan does not get enough credit for being one of the funniest men on TV. He was once head writer for The Simpsons. I've always like him. But his show will be alot funnier with Andy Richter returning. They have great chemistry!!! Can't wait!!!

(Feb. 24) - We were glad to see Sean and Robin Wright Penn looking properly reconciled at the Academy Awards, but it pales in comparison to the best reunion news of the year: Andy Richter will be joining Conan O'Brien as the announcer of the revamped 'Tonight Show.'

Richter first served as O'Brien's sidekick in the early days of 'Late Night,' leaving to pursue a rarely fruitful acting career in 2000. His shows 'Andy Richter Controls the Universe' and 'Andy Barker, PI' were praised by critics but failed to draw a substantial audience, while his sitcom 'Quintuplets' was neither a critical nor ratings success.
Richter will play Ed McMahon to O'Brien's Johnny Carson when Jay Leno hands over the 'Tonight Show' keys on June 1. According to MSNBC, Richter's new role will include participation in live and prerecorded comedy bits.

In a press release, Conan O'Brien said, "Andy is one of the funniest people I know, and we've maintained a close friendship since he left 'Late Night.' We have a proven chemistry that will be an incredible asset to 'The Tonight Show.'"

Story Link (www.popeater.com/television/article/andy-richter-conan-obrien-tonight-show/356948)

:D :D :D

44INAROW
02-24-2009, 05:43 PM
did you see the "farewell" show last Friday night? Pretty good show...

Emerson1
02-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Late night with Jimmy Fallon starts next Monday. Going to be a long 3 months with Cony on the air

JR2004
02-24-2009, 05:59 PM
I'll be honest I never have entirely gotten Conan's sense of humor. He was better when he had Richter with him though. I don't know that I'll tune in and watch him even with Andy returning to the show.

Trashman
02-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I'll be honest I never have entirely gotten Conan's sense of humor. He was better when he had Richter with him though. I don't know that I'll tune in and watch him even with Andy returning to the show.

:iagree:

Diocletian
02-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Well, I hope they keep the visits from Triumph too. That's the funniest bit from Conan.

RiverRat19
02-24-2009, 08:43 PM
I love Conan's show but wonder how much they may have to change it in order to make it "mainstream". I love the skits and just oddball stuff he has on there but not everyone may appreciate it.

PHS Wildcats
02-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by JR2004

Acoording to yahoo, Richter will be joining him on "Late Night"

Conan's very funny!!!:clap:

http://tv.yahoo.com/late-night-with-conan-o-39-brien/show/31644/news/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20090224:tv_tonight_show_rich ter__ER:76950

Richter, O'Brien to reunite on `Tonight Show'
Tue Feb 24, 1:22 PM PST

NBC says Andy Richter and Conan O'Brien will be back together again on late-night TV.

Richter, who worked with O'Brien for seven years on NBC's "Late Night," will become the "Tonight" show announcer when O'Brien takes over from Jay Leno as host in June. NBC said Richter also will take part in comedy bits.

O'Brien called Richter a friend and one of the funniest people he knows, but couldn't resist a joke: O'Brien said he's looking forward to their reunion because Richter owes him $300.

After leaving "Late Night" in 2000, Richter starred in the TV series "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" and "Andy Barker, P.I.," and appeared in "Talladega Nights," "Blades of Glory" and other movies.

Emerson1
02-24-2009, 09:53 PM
As stated in the very first post

44INAROW
02-24-2009, 10:05 PM
along the same basic topic....... what is Leno going to be doing now?

SintonFan
02-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
Well, I hope they keep the visits from Triumph too. That's the funniest bit from Conan.
The bit at the Sci/Fi convention with Triumph was hilarious!:clap:

Keith7
02-24-2009, 10:07 PM
along the same basic topic....... what is Leno going to be doing now?

washing his cars

44INAROW
02-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
washing his cars

:D :D he does have alot of cars....... I guess another good answer would be "anything he damn well pleases" I'm sure the guy is pretty well set financially.

Do any of you'll watch Craig Ferguson?

Emerson1
02-24-2009, 10:22 PM
He is going to be hosting another show on an earlier time slot still on NBC.

I might now if I don't like Jimmy Fallon. Never liked him on SNL

SintonFan
02-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
The bit at the Sci/Fi convention with Triumph was hilarious!:clap:
I found the clip again. Some of the funniest stuff I've seen.:D
Triumph vs the Star Wars Nerds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugk37TvIR8E)

ILS1
02-25-2009, 03:21 AM
:D :D he does have alot of cars....... I guess another good answer would be "anything he damn well pleases" I'm sure the guy is pretty well set financially.

Craig Ferguson, I loved him on the 'Drew Carey Show'!!! But his late night show, I don't get??? His Scottish accent is SOOOOO thick in the late show, I can't understand anything he says!!! I wanna like his late show but I don't understand it to like it!!!

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

KngKongInDTrunk
02-25-2009, 09:02 AM

Great show. Awesome performance by the White Stripes.