PDA

View Full Version : Dallas ISD

kepdawg
02-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Interesting chat...

LINK (http://dallasisdblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/02/live-chat-discuss-mayor-tom-le.html)

JR2004
02-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Read the possibility of it the other day and I must say that I'm all for anything that would put someone else in power to direct the massive clean-up operation!

pirate4state
02-24-2009, 04:44 PM
how many 3A schools are IN DISD?

isn't there a website devoted just to DFW area sports?

:devil:

kepdawg
02-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Hey if you don't want us posting about the #1 3A boys basketball team just say so!

pirate4state
02-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Hey if you don't want us posting about the #1 3A boys basketball team just say so! You already know the answer to that! I didn't even bother with the link. Your title was enough to annoy me! :D

JR2004
02-24-2009, 04:49 PM
You already know the answer to that! I didn't even bother with the link. Your title was enough to annoy me! :D

It is about the mayor possibly taking over the school district. :)

pirate4state
02-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
It is about the mayor possibly taking over the school district. :) oh sweet 8lb baby jesus! :doh:

JR2004
02-24-2009, 04:52 PM
oh sweet 8lb baby jesus! :doh:

Apparently it's something that's already done in several other major US cities. I'm all for it. It can't be any worse than the setup we have right now. :)

pirate4state
02-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Apparently it's something that's already done in several other major US cities. I'm all for it. It can't be any worse than the setup we have right now. :)

Of course it can!

JR2004
02-24-2009, 04:56 PM

Two of them. Velt and us. The next realignment could see a couple or three more joining us at the 3A level. I would love for Lincoln to drop down to 3A, but the Spruce kids likely keep their enrollment at the 4A level. A. Maceo may by shutdown and reopened at Wilmer-Hutchins (Would love that!) and Pinkston and Hillcrest are borderline 3A right now.

There is a website for DFW, but darned if they ever try to do anything to improve it or ever do anything about suggestions made by moderators!

JR2004
02-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Of course it can!

If the mayor misplaces 85 million dollars then you are right it could be worse!

Trashman
02-24-2009, 05:22 PM
The City of Chicago runs their school system. Speaking from the fact that I work for a City, It is not a good Idea. We already have enough problems keeping potholes filled and the garbage picked up. Do you really want us educating your kids? LOL :D

kaorder1999
02-24-2009, 05:33 PM
people seem to forget the mayor and the city of Dallas is facing a larger budget deficit than what dallas ISD is faced with right now!!!

JR2004
02-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
people seem to forget the mayor and the city of Dallas is facing a larger budget deficit than what dallas ISD is faced with right now!!!

Everybody is running out of money! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Trashman
02-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

It is a violation of state law for a government entity (city, schools,etc.) to deficit spend. A city must forecast it's potential earnings for the next physical year and write the appropreate budget. If city misses that mark, it must cut its budget and spend only what it takes in. That is why we don't have Texas city's going broke like you see in the northeast. Dallas' budget deficit is one they are projecting for next year, if they keep the same level of city services. Since property values are going down and sales tax is down, the city will have less dollars to spend and must cut services, jobs or infrastructure projects. On the other side you can balance the cuts by raising taxes or fees for services like water, sewer and sanitation. It will be hard to do and I don't envy them. :(