PDA

View Full Version : The Legend in Aubrey...

sic'em
02-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Has talk of the return of the Legend filtered down FM 428 to Collin County? The wind sure has blown it northward. I bet there are at least 15 old codgers talking about it right now in the PP DQ. Then again, I guess yall high and mighty 3a folks might not care much about us little ol 2a schools anymore. He'd have to buy a whole new wardrobe of red and blue, he couldn't reuse that orange sweater.

charlesrixey
02-24-2009, 10:28 AM
it was reported here last week, but no formal announcement has been made

sic'em
02-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Back in the day the Bobcat Kuntry would already know what's gonna go down. I guess its gotten too Collin County cosmopolitan over there to spent time on ol Aurbrey...
Over in horse ranch land and the PP DQ the word is there might be official word on Friday after jobs been posted for 10 days per UIL rules...
Ya know Mighty Chaps will prolly be 3a in 2010. He better reach deep into that bag of tricks pretty quick, or it's not gonna be pretty...

Farmersfan
02-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by sic'em
Has talk of the return of the Legend filtered down FM 428 to Collin County? The wind sure has blown it northward. I bet there are at least 15 old codgers talking about it right now in the PP DQ. Then again, I guess yall high and mighty 3a folks might not care much about us little ol 2a schools anymore. He'd have to buy a whole new wardrobe of red and blue, he couldn't reuse that orange sweater.

So what does this do for Aubrey in your opinion? They could hire Vince Lombardi and it would not help if they don't have talent. I hardly think G.A. will have 15 years to build a talent pipline like he did elsewhere........ And BtW: Won't PP also be 3A in 2010???

sic'em
02-24-2009, 11:37 AM
The man has never had a losing season. That says something. The bigger story here is that much of his staff from PP the last turn around is now at Aurbrey (minus the Collinsville twosome and Russell). His son, Gary Don was the OC last year and they also put in a variant of the 10-1 on D. So there won't be much change scheme wise. I see them getting 3rd behind PP and Cburg, but they have a shot at 2nd. Then they go 3a and it will be ugly. After a few years, he will hand over the reins to Gary Don as long as it doesn't blow up like it did at PP.

PP won't be 3a for quite some time. The town isn't growing. Nobody wants to move there. The 2a/3a line will rise again and PP's enrollment will be the same or lower. That's good for the program though, it needed to rebuild and with another legit shot at a state title next year it will give the town and program a shot in the arm.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
So what does this do for Aubrey in your opinion? They could hire Vince Lombardi and it would not help if they don't have talent. I hardly think G.A. will have 15 years to build a talent pipline like he did elsewhere........

And BtW: Won't PP also be 3A in 2010???

:p not happening......:clap:

sic'em
02-24-2009, 11:44 AM
btw, the PP Post Signal had two big stories last week: 1) Hellman becomes AD at Aurbrey and is no longer HC, 2) Aurbrey ISD decides to lower the cost for transfer students...

i don't care who you are, the irony behind that is pretty funny...

marler1972
02-24-2009, 11:46 AM
like I said on the last thread. I thought the UIL advised him not to coach again in public schools.

sic'em
02-24-2009, 11:53 AM
your right marler, on the 2a site, i posted this and haven't gotten a response:

"When the UIL made PP forfeit the games for illegal players, I tought I remembered the UIL putting GA on some sort of probation and he would have to go to Austin to get permission to coach again. That's why everyone rumored him going to Liberty Christian, b/c they were TAPPS. PPBearcat or PPSB isn't that right? What would he need to do to coach again?"

does no one know the answer to this question?

btw, i couldn't find the other thread, what the title?

PPSTATEBOUND
02-24-2009, 12:08 PM
He can coach and was never asked not to.:)

marler1972
02-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by sic'em
your right marler, on the 2a site, i posted this and haven't gotten a response:

"When the UIL made PP forfeit the games for illegal players, I tought I remembered the UIL putting GA on some sort of probation and he would have to go to Austin to get permission to coach again. That's why everyone rumored him going to Liberty Christian, b/c they were TAPPS. PPBearcat or PPSB isn't that right? What would he need to do to coach again?"

does no one know the answer to this question?

btw, i couldn't find the other thread, what the title?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92392

kaorder1999
02-24-2009, 12:47 PM
UIL State Executive Committee Meeting Results
Media Contact: Kim Rogers
Phone: 512) 471-5883
Fax: (512) 471-6589
Email: uilpr@mail.uil.utexas.edu
Date: 08/03/2005

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, TX— Several high schools and school personnel were issued penalties,
while one student-athlete was granted eligibility due to the decisions
handed down by the State Executive Committee of the University
Interscholastic League on Wednesday.

The boys athletic program at Pilot Point High School was issued a public
reprimand and one-year probation for violation of UIL rules. Based on a
preponderance of evidence of UIL rule violations found during the
investigation of the Pilot Point High School athletic program, the State
Executive Committee issued the penalties, and asked that the District 6-3A
Executive Committee report back on Pilot Point’s progress in the spring.
Additionally, the State Executive Committee requested that retired Pilot
Point head football coach G.A. Moore appear before the State Executive
Committee if he should ever decide to coach at a UIL member school again.

kaorder1999
02-24-2009, 12:48 PM
and there you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GA MOORE MUST MEET WITH UIL BEFORE HE CAN COACH FOR A UIL SCHOOL AGAIN (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/db/press_release_detail.lasso?-Search=Action&-Table=table&-Database=press_releases&-KeyValue=80)

kaorder1999
02-24-2009, 12:51 PM
WONDER IF THIS HAS HAPPENED YET? Marler was right!

Additionally, the State Executive Committee requested that retired Pilot Point head football coach G.A. Moore appear before the State Executive Committee if he should ever decide to coach at a UIL member school again.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-24-2009, 12:56 PM
like I said on the last thread. I thought the UIL advised him not to coach again in public schools

...sounds like having him "meet with them" and "advising against" would be two totally different things....

Like I said he can coach and futhermore "the meeting" has already taken place............

G.A. Moore will be the next Aubrey head man.

kaorder1999
02-24-2009, 01:03 PM
We will know soon enough if this meeting happened or not. I see where Marler was coming from. The UIL basically said...if you ever plan on coaching for a UIL school again we need to have a little talk. I thought that was kind of funny! Just because he has been hired at Aubrey or is going to be hired, that doesnt mean that he has already met with them.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Well I just took his word for it, maybe he didn't.:)

kaorder1999
02-24-2009, 01:31 PM
you had an opportunity to say "yeah, the UIL did ask GA to meet with them if he ever decided to coach for a UIL again school again and he did meet with them already so there is nothing to worry about" but you didnt. Just curious as to why you didnt if you already knew the meeting took place. Believe me...i couldn't care less is Aubrey hired him or not. Am just wondering.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-24-2009, 01:45 PM
No reason.....just how it played out.

I wish G.A. and Aubrey the best.: