PDA

View Full Version : Movie Critics

Farmersfan
02-23-2009, 04:44 PM
What is the most ridiculous movie scene that you can think of. What I mean by that is what scene in a movie made you think "NO WAY"? No matter how FarOut a movie gets I can enjoy it if the actions in the movie FIT in the movie.
Most recent: Against the Dark was the new Segal movie and most of the characters spent the entire movie walking around in the zombie infested dark without ever even thinking about finding a weapon. How could a director miss something this huge?
The Dark Knight: I almost turned off the movie when Batman uses a motorcycle to flip a 18 wheel semi but then almost kills himself by laying the bike down because the Joker is standing in the middle of the road. It was nonsense!

Anyone else have these kinds of problems with movies?

Farmersfan
02-23-2009, 04:47 PM
The old Superman movies: Superman will walk through flames, bullets, Arrows, Rockets, grenades and any other weapon but as soon as the bad guy swings a chair at him he will duck.

crzyjournalist03
02-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Shia LeBeouf's antics in the jungle fight scene of the latest Indiana Jones.

Phil C
02-23-2009, 05:29 PM
As a final note the final critics though unvoiced have the final say so and that is the movie fans. They are the ones who pay for the movie tickets and ultimately decide which movies make money or not which is the bottom line.

Diocletian
02-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Anyone ever seen "Teeth" ?

That entire movie I was thinking NO WAY!

Phil C
02-25-2009, 09:27 AM
There's no such thing as a bad movie. It is just that some are better than others.

Phil C
02-25-2009, 09:29 AM
I like movies. I especially like the older movies and the silent movies. But that doesn't mean I don't like the new ones. I really liked The Dark Night and the remake of 3:10 to Yuma even though the original was better in my opinion.

Phil C
02-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Some of the older ones that were originally made in black and white have been colorized. When done good the color is great and makes the movie more enjoyable. Unfortunately it doesn't work on some who were first colorized. These movies need to be colorized with modern technology. It would be a much more improved and enjoyable product.
It is too bad that when color was first started that they didn't make them all in color but that is the way it goes.
Still a lot of the black and white movies are terrific.
What is ashame is some of the ones originally made in color are shown in black and white because they made these prints when television was young and had nearly all just black and white sets. I saw The Yellow Tomahawk with Rory Calhoun and Peter Graves on Encore Western the other night and they had the black and white version which is unusual for this channel. The thing is in the credits it listed it was filmed in color. The shame is the movie takes place outside and had great scenery that black and white doesn't do justice to. :(

Farmersfan
02-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
Anyone ever seen "Teeth" ?

That entire movie I was thinking NO WAY!

Goggle Vagina dentata. It's actually a very old legend that comes out of the dark ages of mankind. but I agree the movie was interesting but created a bunch of "NO Ways"....