PDA

View Full Version : Bellville is Scared

RedStorm
02-22-2009, 02:12 PM
We backed out of our warm-up game against Navasota on Fri.

:foul: :foul: :foul: :foul:

OldBison75
02-22-2009, 02:22 PM
What is there to be scared of? Bellville needs to play a good team to get ready for the playoffs. Navasota got all they wanted from Liberty Hill yesterday. And, some people think that LH AIN'T THAT GOOD.

I say LH may be in Austin and Navasota has a good chanvce too.

Bellville probably just decided that they would not learn anything.

Johnny Utah
02-22-2009, 02:29 PM
LH is very good and very well coached. But,.....Estacado or Burkburnett comes out of Region 1!

HEMOTOXIC
02-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
LH is very good and very well coached. But,.....Estacado or Burkburnett comes out of Region 1!

Only time will tell.

And as far as Bellville being scared, Im not sure if playing Bellville would have benifited either team. The Rattlers won earlier in the season in a blow out against the Brahmas. Not saying that it would have had the same out come, but, IMO, Navasota needed to play against a team that would challenge them more. LH gave the Rattlers a great game. LH displayed far better quality than any team in district 24 3A. That was what they Rattlers needed after cruising through district. LH gave the Rattlers a scare and a wake up call.

LH Panther Mom
02-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Only time will tell.
:iagree:

FrmSTx
02-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah

Is basketball still going on?

RedStorm
02-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Only time will tell.

And as far as Bellville being scared, Im not sure if playing Bellville would have benifited either team. The Rattlers won earlier in the season in a blow out against the Brahmas. Not saying that it would have had the same out come, but, IMO, Navasota needed to play against a team that would challenge them more. LH gave the Rattlers a great game. LH displayed far better quality than any team in district 24 3A. That was what they Rattlers needed after cruising through district. LH gave the Rattlers a scare and a wake up call.

who did yall play instead

pirate4state
02-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
Is basketball still going on?

haha
:D

HEMOTOXIC
02-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
who did yall play instead

#15 LH (Liberty Hill)

Johnny Utah
02-22-2009, 08:45 PM
FrmSTX, hey what inbound play are we running??? 234 boy!!!

Gators17
02-22-2009, 10:55 PM
I think I speak for everyone when I say Navasota would've taken care of Bellville fairly easily, but the reason Bellville didn't play Navasota Friday is because Coach Collier told the players they're not ready for a game, after losing to Giddings, and said that they needed more practice, not a warmup game.

OldBison75
02-22-2009, 11:52 PM
That makes sense and the coach may be right in thinking that way. I have no idea how they played against Giddings, but apparently, the coach feels that they did not play the game the way they have been taught and need to re-focus for the playoffs. The loss of this game opened up a chance for Navasota to play a very good Liberty Hill team and tested Navasota to the last second. The situation was probably a plus for both Navasota and Bellville. I wish Bellville good luck in the playoffs.