PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs Cameron Yoe

spiveyrat
11-16-2002, 01:48 AM
Might as well start the hype...

Congrats to Cameron Yoe this week in Bi-District.
Next week you really have your work cut out for you.

Jasper 36
Cameron Yoe 10

Bulldog92
11-16-2002, 01:54 AM
Way to be proactive there, spivey. I like the way you think. The Yoemen have a good QB in Billy Pittman who is kinda similar to Mitchell because he can pass and run the ball very well. I think they will probably hang around for a half to 3 quarters before the Dogs impose their will. Jasper 35, Yoe 17. Go Dogs... :D

spiveyrat
11-16-2002, 01:58 AM
Haha. Thanks 92. I'm glad to be appreciated! :D

spiveyrat
11-16-2002, 02:04 AM
Judging by Cameron's location, it looks as if Jasper could be playing in Bearkat stadium again... oh, pardon me, that's Bower's stadium now, @ SHSU.

Would certainly be nice to go back to the old stomping grounds and see 'em play there! Seems just like old times...

Old Cardinal
11-16-2002, 02:24 AM
We just drove in from the Jasper/Mexia game. Jasper totally dominated, what would normally be considered a good 3A team. Sorry to say, cause I like the cameron team...My guess will be a 40-0 shellacking-Jasper is just that good. What talent! The only thing weak about this team is their Offensive Coaching. They totally over-Coached- changing signals two or three times, keeping the team so confused on the field. The bad offensive Coaching caused many many delay calls also. Outside of that tragic fact, and a sub par kicking game, they are absolutely awesome. They have 39 Seniors on this team and a host of other stiff talent. Outside of three goofy Offensive Coaches, they are head-and-shoulders the best 3A I have ever seen play.

Bulldog92
11-16-2002, 02:28 AM
I know what you mean. We played Huntsville there once...I think when I was a freshman and Steve Clements was their all-world QB. Hurricane Gilbert was a threat to the coast and they called off school for a couple days...and moved the varsity game to a Thursday night. We lost, but it was fun to be there. Anyways, back to the present...hehe. Yoe beat a very strong Gatesville team, so I'm expecting a pretty decent game from them. We'll see. BTW, I live close to the Boeing plant here in WA, but I'm working on an audit for a funeral home right now while I'm looking for something more lucrative. Fun, huh? :D

Bulldog92
11-16-2002, 02:31 AM
I think the coaches you are referring to are the new ones that Coach Lauve brought in. There are a few old-school Jasper guys that are still on the staff...and I bet it drives them nuts. Anybody got a kicker we can borrow? :D

Old Cardinal
11-16-2002, 02:38 AM
Yes Kenny, Coach Lauve is a good Coach and the defense is well Coached. But he needs to get control of this Offensive confusion situation. Sinton or someone very stiff could exploit this situation, it was really bad!

OldSchoolBulldog
11-16-2002, 02:39 AM
Bulldog92:
I think the coaches you are referring to are the new ones that Coach Lauve brought in. There are a few old-school Jasper guys that are still on the staff...and I bet it drives them nuts. Anybody got a kicker we can borrow? :D No, the offensive staff are left over from the previous year. But, Jasper's offensive coaching (play calling) needs some overhauling. They need to get a clue. Why do you run your quarterback 7 times in a row. Even after he has been injuryed on a previous play!! The offensive coordinator needs to get creative. This is Jasper's biggest weakness.

Bulldog92
11-16-2002, 02:43 AM
That's what I'm afraid of, too. This is the time to quit the experiments, get simple, and do what gets the results you want. Messing around with the play clock is nothing but trouble, especially when you have a good enough team that you don't have to fool anyone with dummy signals and plays.

Bulldog92
11-16-2002, 02:46 AM
Wow...they ran Mitchell seven straight plays? That's just plain dumb. I don't mind pounding the ball, but not like that...

Car_Ram_Rod
11-16-2002, 03:13 AM
well i dont know too much on Jasper, but all i can say is good luck to Cameron!!!! I hope yall come out on top.

bulldog_man
11-16-2002, 03:39 AM
Hey now. Don't diss the coaching staff at Jasper. You people say what you like but these guys are paid to run the offense not you. I say they do a good job. The offense is still powefull with the delays. How do you know what is going on with the signals. Maybe it is part of the game plan and you don't understand how complicated this offense is. You never no so I say let the coaches be. It is one thing to critisize a player, but not coaches. They do a dang good job.

southern_thunder
11-16-2002, 03:50 AM
Old Cardinal:
We just drove in from the Jasper/Mexia game. Jasper totally dominated, what would normally be considered a good 3A team. Sorry to say, cause I like the cameron team...My guess will be a 40-0 shellacking-Jasper is just that good. What talent! The only thing weak about this team is their Offensive Coaching. They totally over-Coached- changing signals two or three times, keeping the team so confused on the field. The bad offensive Coaching caused many many delay calls also. Outside of that tragic fact, and a sub par kicking game, they are absolutely awesome. They have 39 Seniors on this team and a host of other stiff talent. Outside of three goofy Offensive Coaches, they are head-and-shoulders the best 3A I have ever seen play.

southern_thunder
11-16-2002, 03:55 AM
southern_thunder:

Old Cardinal:
We just drove in from the Jasper/Mexia game. Jasper totally dominated, what would normally be considered a good 3A team. Sorry to say, cause I like the cameron team...My guess will be a 40-0 shellacking-Jasper is just that good. What talent! The only thing weak about this team is their Offensive Coaching. They totally over-Coached- changing signals two or three times, keeping the team so confused on the field. The bad offensive Coaching caused many many delay calls also. Outside of that tragic fact, and a sub par kicking game, they are absolutely awesome. They have 39 Seniors on this team and a host of other stiff talent. Outside of three goofy Offensive Coaches, they are head-and-shoulders the best 3A I have ever seen play.Old bird dont know what game you were at but there wasnt one delay of game call at the Jasper/Mexia game, the only one confused must have been you. And if you think you can do a better job go get your degree and see if some one will hire you.

P.S. goodluck because now I really hope Jasper gets to play Bridge City because the JV needs some more work!!

Bulldog92
11-16-2002, 05:56 AM
I'm not saying these guys are bad coaches at all. It could be that they're saving some stuff for later in the playoffs when they might really need it. I just don't agree with running a QB over and over again and wearing him down when you have several great running backs that can get it done, too. We're gonna need Ricky to be as healthy as possible. I know the coaches that have been there a long time...including the two that are running the high school and that guy over in Newton that's helping Barbay make a charge in D2. They're all great guys and I'm sure all these new guys are, too. I'm not dissing them, but they don't walk on water, either. Everyone does things that can be criticized no matter how much you respect them and want them to do well. There's no harm in that. :D

theyoefnshow
11-16-2002, 09:08 AM
The last two years I've had a "gut feeling" at the start of the season on who I felt would beat us in playoffs.....both times, with Marlin and China Spring, I was right. THIS year......well, hate to say it, but that feeling was Jasper. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm but I just don't know....If the Yoemen have their head in the game from start to finish, it could be a great one. One thing that sure as hell isn't going to happen is a come from behind rally. I think the chance is there and that this would definately be the toughest game of the season......oh from what I've heard, the game will be in Conroe. Last time we played there, we beat Sweeny 28-14. Should have been 7 but Coach put the JV in and they scored on a 90 yard sweep late in the 4th.

Reveille
11-16-2002, 09:13 AM
southern_thunder:

southern_thunder:

Old Cardinal:
We just drove in from the Jasper/Mexia game. Jasper totally dominated, what would normally be considered a good 3A team. Sorry to say, cause I like the cameron team...My guess will be a 40-0 shellacking-Jasper is just that good. What talent! The only thing weak about this team is their Offensive Coaching. They totally over-Coached- changing signals two or three times, keeping the team so confused on the field. The bad offensive Coaching caused many many delay calls also. Outside of that tragic fact, and a sub par kicking game, they are absolutely awesome. They have 39 Seniors on this team and a host of other stiff talent. Outside of three goofy Offensive Coaches, they are head-and-shoulders the best 3A I have ever seen play.Old bird dont know what game you were at but there wasnt one delay of game call at the Jasper/Mexia game, the only one confused must have been you. And if you think you can do a better job go get your degree and see if some one will hire you.

P.S. goodluck because now I really hope Jasper gets to play Bridge City because the JV needs some more work!!I agree thunder. There were motion and proceedure penalties on Jasper, but I can't think of one delay on Jasper.

Old Cardinal
11-16-2002, 09:34 AM
To Thunder- I already have plenty of Degrees; however, they paid a salary about 4 times more than a Kin. Degree. I know what I saw, delays, procedure calls, and other infractions, mostly caused by over-Coaching changes causing gross confusion. I had a lot of compliments in what I said-but you seem to not be able to handle an observence from someone who cared enough to come pull for you that lives 3 hours from the Huntsville area. Good luck to Jasper, next week, I plan to be there and pull for you team.

bearkatdad
11-16-2002, 09:56 AM
spiveyrat:
Judging by Cameron's location, it looks as if Jasper could be playing in Bearkat stadium again... oh, pardon me, that's Bower's stadium now, @ SHSU.

Would certainly be nice to go back to the old stomping grounds and see 'em play there! Seems just like old times...

bearkatdad
11-16-2002, 09:58 AM
bearkatdad:

spiveyrat:

Would certainly be nice to go back to the old stomping grounds and see 'em play there! Seems just like old times...spiveyboy...have you heard if the game is at SHSU? Where is Cameron? West of Huntsville?

southern_thunder
11-16-2002, 09:59 AM
Old Cardinal:
To Thunder- I already have plenty of Degrees; however, they paid a salary about 4 times more than a Kin. Degree. I know what I saw, delays, procedure calls, and other infractions, mostly caused by over-Coaching changes causing gross confusion. I had a lot of compliments in what I said-but you seem to not be able to handle an observence from someone who cared enough to come pull for you that lives 3 hours from the Huntsville area. Good luck to Jasper, next week, I plan to be there and pull for you team.Nobody cares how far you drove or if you come at all. And my guess is that you dont know enough about the Jasper offense or the game plan for the night to know if there was confusion or not. Also I would like to know how you can tell from the stands what caused the penalties, but with your 4 degress i guess you do know more than the coaches who have game planned an average of 400 yards of offense and 50 points per game since the Newton game.
By the way coaches dont get in the profession for the pay they do it for the love of the game and dont deserve to be criticized by a bunch of armchair wannabes in the stands. Remember what your mother said it you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all.

mojjo_1
11-16-2002, 10:56 AM
Take it easy on old card he's just saying what alot of people from Jasper were saying last night.I know we burned 2 timeouts in the 1st half and there seemed to be alot of confusion on the signals. I thought Jasper played a poor 1st half offensively for what they are capable of. The bottom line is 39-0.

FBmania
11-16-2002, 11:04 AM
Man Old Card you seem to be riling everyone up lately. :D :D I'm beginning to think it might just be YOU! Just kidding. Hey we'll see you tonight!

RBARKER
11-16-2002, 11:12 AM
I just wanted to get on here and get some CROW! :( I doubted Jasper had as good of a team as was being posted on this board. Jasper seems to have a lot of talent, great job! 39-0 eek! against a pretty good Mexia team. Man this Crow aint half bad, Maybe could use some salt. :D Anyway good job Jasper hope to seya in a couple of rounds good luck against CY.

rrfann
11-16-2002, 12:43 PM
Jasper 35 Cameron 24. Jasper will have there hands full this week. They will have to have there A game, cameron QB pittman is going to be the best they will see in the playoffs.

southern_thunder
11-16-2002, 02:42 PM
mojjo_1:
Take it easy on old card he's just saying what alot of people from Jasper were saying last night.I know we burned 2 timeouts in the 1st half and there seemed to be alot of confusion on the signals. I thought Jasper played a poor 1st half offensively for what they are capable of. The bottom line is 39-0.Well my guess is that none of those people who downing the coaches were in the meetings last weekend while they were developing the game plan or on the field during practice while that game plan was being taught to the kids. What seems to be happening from the stands is rarely what is actually happening, the average spectator, and I dont mean to offend the fans, doenst really know what is really goin on during a game. Watching games on TV doesnt mean you really understand football anymore than watching Law and Order makes you understand being a lawyer.

I am sorry if I have offended any fans of Jasper but I just felt someone needed to step and defend these coaches. Most people dont realize the saacrifices these men make, working 7 days a week missing time from their families and most everything else, and then have their jobs judged in front of thousands of people every week by the performance of 15,16,17,and 18 year old kids.
I think these guys are doin a great job and it really irritates me to see people on here bashing them about things they really dont understand.

OldSchoolBulldog
11-16-2002, 03:11 PM
bulldog_man:
Hey now. Don't diss the coaching staff at Jasper. You people say what you like but these guys are paid to run the offense not you. I say they do a good job. The offense is still powefull with the delays. How do you know what is going on with the signals. Maybe it is part of the game plan and you don't understand how complicated this offense is. You never no so I say let the coaches be. It is one thing to critisize a player, but not coaches. They do a dang good job.Are you kidding me? Can't criticize the coach (the adult) but you can criticize the players (the kids)? I think you are misguided. Look, I am a long time strong Jasper Bulldog supporter (win or lose). This support includes compliments, congradulations, advise (taken or not), feedback and criticism.

This offense is not so complicated that the good coach can't handle developing a game and strategy. After all, like you said these guys are paid to do this job. They are professionals and handle a little criticism.

But the way, I am not talking about the signals or delays. Really, that not an issue (Sounds like that your concern). I am talking about the PLAY SELECTION and offense game plan.

Now, let me wrap this up. I have critized but I have not and will not dis-repected the Jasper Bulldogs, the players or the coaches. But, I will comment on our team's strength, weakness and state the obivous.

OldSchoolBulldog
11-16-2002, 03:21 PM
OldSchoolBulldog:

bulldog_man:
Hey now. Don't diss the coaching staff at Jasper. You people say what you like but these guys are paid to run the offense not you. I say they do a good job. The offense is still powefull with the delays. How do you know what is going on with the signals. Maybe it is part of the game plan and you don't understand how complicated this offense is. You never no so I say let the coaches be. It is one thing to critisize a player, but not coaches. They do a dang good job.Are you kidding me? Can't criticize the coach (the adult) but you can criticize the players (the kids)? I think you are misguided. Look, I am a long time strong Jasper Bulldog supporter (win or lose). This support includes compliments, congradulations, advise (taken or not), feedback and criticism.

This offense is not so complicated that the good coach can't handle developing a game and strategy. After all, like you said these guys are paid to do this job. They are professionals and handle a little criticism.

But the way, I am not talking about the signals or delays. Really, that not an issue (Sounds like that your concern). I am talking about the PLAY SELECTION and offense game plan.

Now, let me wrap this up. I have critized but I have not and will not dis-repected the Jasper Bulldogs, the players or the coaches. But, I will comment on our team's strength, weakness and state the obivous.bulldog_man:
I need to amend my comments. I did'nt read some of the previous posts from others completely. They did refer to the delay and signaling. I agree with you that the signaling and delays are not issues. You would have the same time expended with a huddling offense

I still stand by my comments criticism and my concern for the play selection.

southern_thunder
11-16-2002, 03:50 PM
OldSchoolBulldog:

bulldog_man:

Now, let me wrap this up. I have critized but I have not and will not dis-repected the Jasper Bulldogs, the players or the coaches. But, I will comment on our team's strength, weakness and state the obivous.State the obvious LOL what is obvious formthe stands and I say this again is not obvious from the coaches perspective after all he probly watched only 45-50 hours worth of video on mexia throughout the week. And exactly how much did you see? So you have no reason to Question the game plan or play selection.

Why cant fans support the team when they do good and console them when they dont?

Why does everyone think they could do better?

How would you like it if someone from out side your chosen profession came in and watched you at work then criticized what you did wtih out really fully understanding your job?

Bottom line these guys are doing a great job. How bout a pat on the back and a congratulations on a playoff victory instead of ridiculing and criticism.

BigRed01
11-16-2002, 04:15 PM
southern_thunder:

southern_thunder:
qb]Old bird dont know what game you were at but there wasnt one delay of game call at the Jasper/Mexia game, the only one confused must have been you. And if you think you can do a better job go get your degree and see if some one will hire you.

P.S. goodluck because now I really hope Jasper gets to play Bridge City because the JV needs some more work!!</strong>[/QUOTE]
Your JV is going to work Bridge City? You might get surprised. Jasper is a great team, but you sir are an idiot. There are alot of people that viewed that there was too many delays......HEY HERE'S A CLUE.....THEY WERE DIE HARD JASPER FANS THAT FELT THIS WAY. Personally I think Jasper is too strong for Bridge City this year, and I am a die hard Cardinal fan. I think we would have to play an absolutely perfect game, we would need the ball to bounce our way a few times, and yes Jasper can be beaten. However, don't be so thinned skinned, when it is obvious to everyone up there that Jasper had a minor problem. Bridge City has a fine program, that definitely has the potential to upset your Bulldogs. However, we have a tough game tonight playing Barbers Hill. Whoever wins that game should be playing the Bulldogs, so you might get just want you want. Better gear up the JV. :D

konstance_latrice_04
11-16-2002, 04:28 PM
Well all i have to say is "We'll See!!" No matter what you say you never know what will happen. You predicted Cameron to lose to Gatesville and they didn't. We are just going to sit back and relax and see what goes on!!!!!!!!!!
Winning A Yoeman Tradition :D :p :) wink

Bulldog92
11-16-2002, 04:32 PM
Alright, guys. Remember that we're all on the same team here. wink

BigRed01
11-16-2002, 04:48 PM
konstance_latrice_04:
Well all i have to say is "We'll See!!" No matter what you say you never know what will happen. You predicted Cameron to lose to Gatesville and they didn't. We are just going to sit back and relax and see what goes on!!!!!!!!!!
Winning A Yoeman Tradition :D :p :) wink I never predicted that, nor do I really care. Jasper will stomp a mud hole in Yoeman. I predict Jasper over Cameron Yoe by 35.(and that is one of MY predictions) That is a very liberal estimate indeed. The winner of Barbers Hill and Bridge City, unless the sun doesn't rise, and the Saddam Hussain gives George Bush a big old sloppy one, should be playing Jasper for the region. Jasper is definitely the favorite, they can be upset by BH or BC, but not by Cameron Yoe. :D

OldSchoolBulldog
11-16-2002, 04:51 PM
southern_thunder:

OldSchoolBulldog:

bulldog_man:

Now, let me wrap this up. I have critized but I have not and will not dis-repected the Jasper Bulldogs, the players or the coaches. But, I will comment on our team's strength, weakness and state the obivous.State the obvious LOL what is obvious formthe stands and I say this again is not obvious from the coaches perspective after all he probly watched only 45-50 hours worth of video on mexia throughout the week. And exactly how much did you see? So you have no reason to Question the game plan or play selection.

Why cant fans support the team when they do good and console them when they dont?

Why does everyone think they could do better?

How would you like it if someone from out side your chosen profession came in and watched you at work then criticized what you did wtih out really fully understanding your job?

Bottom line these guys are doing a great job. How bout a pat on the back and a congratulations on a playoff victory instead of ridiculing and criticism.First of all, we all face criticism (work, home and other places). These coaches do not have to be shielded from criticism. They have big shoulders and can take it. Specifically, the rather mild feedback they have received so far.

Second, don't assume that you know my understanding of the game. Just because you don't understand, doesn't mean that I don't understand (what a mouth full).

I am not trying to be mean spirited here. But, this idea that the coach shouldn't be criticized; or the coach couldn't make a mistake; or if you support the team you can't criticize; etc.... is "horse hockey". As long as we resist being disrespectful or derogatory criticism can be very constructive.

Lastly, Jasper was great last night. The players executed well, the game plan was good, the play selection could have been better and the fans were supportive and vocal.

Man, I love Texas High School Football!!

Old Cardinal
11-16-2002, 04:53 PM
To Mr. Thunder, I think you are maybe confusing "delay of game infractions" with plain ole delays. They would have to call un-needed timeouts and RUSH changed plays- to not have 5 yarders. Only RAW TALENT overcame the killing of momentum that was going on... Look at the 5 yarders for various infractions, and you will see the trend. You know you talk about game plan strategy as real difficult and reading-between-the-lines, it truly may be difficult for you. A lot of us on this board played a lot of football and many have Coached. Well we consider it a entertaining "low-brow" endeavor. There are folks in the stands that have a proven great understanding of football and also have many technological skills as well. I feel sorry for you, if football strategy is so complicated for you. I loved the Jasper fans, they were kind to us last night. Incidently, all of them around my general area thought it was the most insensitive Coaching they had ever seen when Ricky Michell was down with acute back pain and starting one play later they had him carry the ball seven times IN A ROW. Especially when the outcome of the contest was already decided. I just made one criticism and ten grandure compliments and you go off on me! Thunder, if football strategy is so complicated for you, I would bet plain ole logic and technological actuations are beyond your grasp and capabilities....Boy that little #5 (Wright) is a game breaker for Jasper.

Bulldog92
11-16-2002, 05:21 PM
These guys are right, thunder. You're a great Bulldog fan just like the rest of us, but being critical of what's going on and using this forum to voice our opinions, both in praise and criticism, does not make us lesser fans than you. We love what's going down there and the staff is doing an admirable job, but nobody makes the right decisions all the time we all get a little flack every now and then. We all have the same goal here...which is to one day be a part of the history of a championship football team. You have come to this board with great enthusiasm and we all appreciate that, but it's not fair to expect us to be passive and wear crimson-colored glasses all the time. Having said that, I think we need to come together and root for the kids to get this done. There's a long way to go and they have a chance to do something none of us have ever seen. GO DOGS.... :D

spiveyrat
11-16-2002, 05:24 PM
I remember watching those Clements boys play back in the late '80's - early '90's. I remember watching one game in particular where Jasper had a big lead on the Huntsville and one of the Clements boys (the oldest one, I believe) led that team up and down the field. They almost ended up winning the game, but the clock ran out on them. They were really talented!

As for running Ricky 7 times in a row when the game was "in hand". Jaspers better be a little more conservative than that. They are going need him later in the playoffs against the likes of Sinton, Burnet, Everman, etc. They didn't perform as well without him against Strake Jesuit as I recall!

OldSchoolBulldog
11-16-2002, 06:09 PM
Bulldog94:

I agree, it's time for all Bulldog fan to rally behind and pull hard for our young men.

southern_thunder
11-16-2002, 06:17 PM
Old Cardinal:
To Mr. Thunder, I think you are maybe confusing "delay of game infractions" with plain ole delays. They would have to call un-needed timeouts and RUSH changed plays- to not have 5 yarders. Only RAW TALENT overcame the killing of momentum that was going on... Look at the 5 yarders for various infractions, and you will see the trend. You know you talk about game plan strategy as real difficult and reading-between-the-lines, it truly may be difficult for you. A lot of us on this board played a lot of football and many have Coached. Well we consider it a entertaining "low-brow" endeavor. There are folks in the stands that have a proven great understanding of football and also have many technological skills as well. I feel sorry for you, if football strategy is so complicated for you. I loved the Jasper fans, they were kind to us last night. Incidently, all of them around my general area thought it was the most insensitive Coaching they had ever seen when Ricky Michell was down with acute back pain and starting one play later they had him carry the ball seven times IN A ROW. Especially when the outcome of the contest was already decided. I just made one criticism and ten grandure compliments and you go off on me! Thunder, if football strategy is so complicated for you, I would bet plain ole logic and technological actuations are beyond your grasp and capabilities....Boy that little #5 (Wright) is a game breaker for Jasper.Just for you info he was not in acute back pain he just got his bell rung. Check your facts before you post about things you are unsure of.

whatusay2
11-16-2002, 07:34 PM
BigRed01, DON'T JINX JASPER! We have to take one game at a time and none of the true Jasper fans (I know BigRed is from BC) are proclaiming victory over any team until after each game. GO DOGS! (And by the way, the same confusing play calling was going on at the Newton game. It's good to know some other people noticed it.)

theyoefnshow
11-16-2002, 09:06 PM
by all means BigRed, look ahead to next week. If the rest of your team follows suit, you'll be playing round ball. Is Jasper the favorite this week? Of course they are, but NEVER EVER count the Yoemen out.....especially these boys....there's something about them as they have yet to just up and die in any game they've played when they were behind......Yoemen tradition is something that not many know about....especially if you haven't played for them or live in Cameron. It's just a feeling of pride you don't get just anywhere....

cameron crazy
11-16-2002, 09:47 PM
yoefnshow is right. Cameron has a tradition like no other, the entire town comes out to support the Yoemen. Our senior class this year is dedicated in more ways than you could ever understand, they wont quit. They'll get into a knock down drag out fight over tic-tac-toe, thats how competitive they are. NEVER COUNT OUT THE YOEMEN!!!!! By the way yoefnshow, who are u? or giv me a clue so id recognize who u r.

c-town_balla
11-16-2002, 11:13 PM
first off i got to say hey yoefn do you rember me? for texasgridiron? ....and the yoe do have tradtion like no other. you should have seen the pep rally yesterday morning if was pretty awsome...and Cameron im hoping they'll win but...I think it'll be Yoe 28 Jasper 31

bearkatdad
11-16-2002, 11:19 PM
Anyone know where Jasper vs Cameron will be? Sure hope it is at Huntsville again.

theyoefnshow
11-16-2002, 11:32 PM
that's one of the mysteries of life my friend....only 1 other knows my identity :) Yes c-town, of course I remember you! Sadly, I just discovered this board after an entire football season! The site that tried to replace texasgridiron.com absolutely sucks. This one seems to be alot of fun thus far....very well moderated and they don't seem to put up with much BS. That's a good thing!

yoe_81
11-16-2002, 11:50 PM
Ya'll are right, about the Tradition here in Cameron. People have to also realize that Cameron is a Second half team, I'd have to say that we have the Best 4th quarter team in 3A, This game is going to be great...normally i would try to predict a game, but this game is up to the Man-up-Stairs (if ya know what i mean)..good luck both teams....Go oYe!!

j_dog
11-17-2002, 12:24 AM
RBARKER:
I just wanted to get on here and get some CROW! :( I doubted Jasper had as good of a team as was being posted on this board. Jasper seems to have a lot of talent, great job! 39-0 eek! against a pretty good Mexia team. Man this Crow aint half bad, Maybe could use some salt. :D Anyway good job Jasper hope to seya in a couple of rounds good luck against CY.RB, thanks for the post. Sorry it didn't work out for BH tonight. Hope you can make it to a Jasper game. Frankly, I don't think anyone yet knows how good Jasper really is. I don't think we have seen their best yet. They seem to me to play to just above the level of the competition, whatever it is. I will tell you one thing. There were some Mexia people in awe and in shock. Mexia had some good speed just like Matt said, but I think the Nederland coach said it best after the Nederland/Jasper scrimmage this year. Essentially he said you have to experience the Jasper speed to comprehend just how fast they are. Just talking about it doesn't give you the picture. And that is not to even mention the size and ability of Jasper's lines.

Good luck to BH next year!

classof 85
11-17-2002, 12:44 AM
Hey guys I'm 199% behind Jasper until they play B.C. If you told me right now the two teams would play in week 3 of the playoffs I would be overjoyed, but we have another game first.
Jasper has by far the most talanted group of kids I've seen in the last 3 years, including last years Sinton team that took it to us in round 4. However that Sinton team had no confusion whatsoever and were totally in control,they just called the plays and lined up and did a great job.
I felt jaspers athletes prevailed because of pure talent only saying this because there was plenty of confusion on the field.
Don't confuse this with dissin anyone. Jasper is good and that doesn't happen overnight. Congrats on the win and good luck next week.
Hopefully the cardinals will get their chance at playing you guys.It would be pretty kool for B.C. and Jasper to play for the region 3 title and Newton play for the same in D-2. Thats alot of teams from this area.

Jason1725
11-17-2002, 03:48 AM
Jasper plays at 7:30 Friday night in Conroe

lion52
11-17-2002, 10:25 PM
Old Cardinal, I am the offensive coordinator at Jasper. I normally don't respond to posts on this board, but I felt I needed to respond to your's. As far as game plan and play selection is concerned I feel that all the fans have a right to their own opinion so I won't talk about that. However, I feel that your false statement that we ran Ricky seven straight times after he was injured might give some of our fans that live too far away to come to the games the wrong idea. First, Ricky did not hurt his back. Second, after reviewing the video I can tell you that Ricky carried the ball only once in the next seven plays. Third, Ricky had only three more carries the entire rest of the game, including the one mentioned above. However, I think you already knew this and are just trying to sow a little dissension among the Bulldogs.

j_dog
11-18-2002, 12:36 AM
yoe_81:
Ya'll are right, about the Tradition here in Cameron. People have to also realize that Cameron is a Second half team, I'd have to say that we have the Best 4th quarter team in 3A, This game is going to be great...normally i would try to predict a game, but this game is up to the Man-up-Stairs (if ya know what i mean)..good luck both teams....Go oYe!!About the 4th quarter. Yoe is surely going to have the advantage there. Jasper usually has its starters on the bench by the fourth quarter. It will be great to see if they can play a whole game.

Jason1725
11-18-2002, 12:56 AM
LOL! Coach is dropping bombs. It's always fun to read the posts on here. I wonder where some of this stuff comes from.

2001GiddingsLB
11-18-2002, 01:22 AM
I would of liked to have seen the Cameron team from 2 yrs ago or even last year play this Jasper team. However I think this team is gonna get thoroughly hammered by jasper. I hope Cameron wins but its gonna be a hard fought victory if they do. I guess we'll see thats why they play the game and don't just make predictions. Jasper 42 Cameron 17.

Bulldog92
11-18-2002, 02:32 AM
It's cool to actually see a coach come on here and defend his team...and their fans. All true Bulldogs run together, so any attempts to divide us will never work. I'm not convinced that Old Card meant to stir things up as he has said a lot of good things about our team this year. It'll be interesting to see them (Bridge City) in a couple weeks...assuming both teams can win as expected. Go Dogs... :D

spiveyrat
11-18-2002, 06:32 AM
Thanks for straigtening that out coach!

Matthew328
11-18-2002, 08:18 AM
Jasper should win this game..but Yoe has some material to work with and put up some points...Yoe has 3 or 4 kids with D1 talent out there..Pittman of course is the key..he can singlehandedly win a LOt of games for the Yoemen..he'll need the game of his life and Roderick Knight is going to need to continue to make big plays catching the ball..if everything happens like that then who knows...I think Yoe plays Jasper tough for a half...but Jasper is too much..Jasper by 17

theyoefnshow
11-18-2002, 01:33 PM
well, just so everyone knows, the Yoemen won't back down. Near 4A or not, Cameron used to take out WESTLAKE and Belton back in the day on a regular basis. I assure you they aren't shaking or do they plan on backing down against Jasper.

Old Cardinal
11-18-2002, 03:18 PM
To Lion 52: If I am wrong about him actually carrying the ball after getting hurt, it was not an attempt at lying. All of us sitting in one area as both parents and spectators were quite worried. Ricky was obviously hurt(had his bell rung): or, as parents around us said, "back hurt again". The boy took some real hits while throwing, running, and handing the ball off after that incident. He is a great kid. He was not "sleep walking" but he was playing very hurt. I will not accept the credit for trying to cause dissension about you- Sir. Your being the "Author of Confusion" was the topic of conversation by a host of Parents sitting near, even before that game began. Sorry but sometimes Parents and total outsiders see the situation a little differently than you do... Sir, I can assure you, if all of the people at the game have the same opinion of you that the people within hearing distance around where I was sitting have- next year, you will be one "Gone Goose".

<small>[ November 18, 2002, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

southern_thunder
11-18-2002, 03:35 PM
Old Cardinal:
To Lion 52: If I am wrong about him actually carrying the ball after getting hurt, it was not an attempt at lying. All of us sitting in one area as both parents and spectators were quite worried. Ricky was obviously hurt(had his bell rung): or, as parents around us said, "back hurt again". The boy took some real hits while throwing, running, and handing the ball off after that incident. He is a great kid. He was not "sleep walking" but he was playing very hurt. I will not accept the credit for trying to cause dessension about you- Sir. Your being the "Author of Confusion" was the topic of conversation by a host of Parents sitting near, even before that game began. Sorry but sometimes Parents and total outsiders see the situation a little differently than you do... Sir, I can assure you, if all of the people at the game have the same opinion of you that the people within hearing distance around where I was sitting have- next year, you will be one "Gone Goose".One of your degrees that you are so proud of must be in the medical field because if you could tell from the stands that he was playing very hurt you must be one hell of doctor. I said it once and I will say it again what is percieved from the stands and what is actually happening are very seldom the same.

And as far as making comments about "Author of Confusion" you would need to understand the the Jasper offense and the Mexia defense completey to know whether anyone was confused. Confusion can not be seen from the stands, the apperance of confusion however, can be. So if in your opinion Jasper looked confused then you can say that but you cannot make a factual statement about confusion merely by watching the game from the stands.

oldbuff78
11-18-2002, 04:05 PM
I know Jasper is good and will probably win the state crown, which they deserve. But to be true and honest, Cameron always seems to win the big games here and there. I think Jasper will win, but if they play bad or have some crucial turnovers, and if Sapp will not call some stupid plays like he can, The Yoe can keep it close for a excellent game. Good luck to both teams!!!

Old Cardinal
11-18-2002, 04:08 PM
Thunder, Obviously you are also one of the Offensive Coaches- I may be totally wrong in my opinion- but I would say that there were a LOT of concerned Parents and fans at your ball game. Sorry I made 10 great compliments and was a critic on one thing, on this Board. I was just expressing what seemed to be a universal opinion at the ballgame. Why don't you two rip into some of the other folks that think you two are insensitive and cause mass confusion on the field-and give me a rest? And in turn, I will give you a break!

southern_thunder
11-18-2002, 06:50 PM
Old Cardinal:
Thunder, Obviously you are also one of the Offensive Coaches- I may be totally wrong in my opinion- but I would say that there were a LOT of concerned Parents and fans at your ball game. Sorry I made 10 great compliments and was a critic on one thing, on this Board. I was just expressing what seemed to be a universal opinion at the ballgame. Why don't you two rip into some of the other folks that think you two are insensitive and cause mass confusion on the field-and give me a rest? And in turn, I will give you a break!I dont need a break ("BIO") and the criticism dosent bother me. It is the fact that you made your attack personal by calling the offensive coaches "goofy" and saying the team was "over coached", and then implying that the coaches intentionally played a player who was injured, that is what bothers me. I believe these coaches are doing a great job, and feel that I need to stand up for them because it seems that no other fans of Jasper will. And no I am not a coach.

lion52
11-18-2002, 07:33 PM
Old Cardinal, I have read your posts throughout the season and find many of them very perceptive with a very good knowledge of the game. I was not trying to rip you. I simply wanted everyone to know that we would never risk serious injury to any player in order to win a football game. We have both a trainer and doctor on the sideline who evaluate all injuries before a player is allowed back into a game. The most important thing to me and our staff is the welfare of our players. Even if I am an "author of confusion" and a "gone goose" the welfare of our kids on the field, in the classroom and hopefully throughout their life comes first, and it bothers me when people indicate otherwise. No hard feelings on my part and I hope not on yours.

Old Cardinal
11-18-2002, 07:48 PM
Peace Coach, Glad to hear your prospectives are right, about the kids....Have a good game against Cameron Yoe.

bearkatdad
11-18-2002, 08:09 PM
I saw that the Jasper/Cameron game is to be on Saturday night.7:30pm...in Conroe-Moorhead Stadium..Is that the same stadium that Jasper plyed Forest Brook (i think??) last year in the playoffs?

southern_thunder
11-18-2002, 08:14 PM
Yes it is the same stadium.

bearkatdad
11-18-2002, 08:27 PM
ok...thanks southern thunder.

Jason1725
11-19-2002, 12:55 AM
What is "the author of confusion" supposed to mean? If it's in reference to confusing the other teams defense I will live with that, but if it that is supposed to be some sort of attack on his character I will say whoever said that is way off base. Coach C is a good man and I know he wouldn't do things to stir up trouble. Like I said whoever told you that doesn't know him very well. I don't think he is a gone goose after the season as you have stated. There has been post on here in the past about our QB getting permanent damage if he plays. No coach in his right mind would put a kid at risk like that. I have covered lots of teams in my short time as a reporter and this group of coaches is not only good at what they do but are good people as well. This just goes to show you never know who is lurking on this board.

PappaBear
11-19-2002, 10:28 AM
Old Cardinal You say that Ricky was playing with pain, but on the sidelines during the 4th quarter he was joking around and laughing, and as far as coach C. being a "gone Goose" He runs an offense that most College and Pro teams have trouble with, and he runs it pretty well, if their is any confussion it wasn't in our booth.

c-town_balla
11-19-2002, 01:00 PM
Ok now I would like to repick \my pick

Yoe 35
Jasper 31

and I saw a post that said it was friday in conroe it is Saturday at 7:30

kepdawg
11-19-2002, 01:14 PM
c-town_balla:
Ok now I would like to repick \my pick

Yoe 35
Jasper 31

and I saw a post that said it was friday in conroe it is Saturday at 7:30C-town what prompted you to change your pick?

Jason1725
11-19-2002, 01:57 PM
The game is Saturday not Friday like I posted earlier

Jason1725
11-19-2002, 01:58 PM
I doubt you get 35 points on Jasper's defense

theyoefnshow
11-19-2002, 02:39 PM
agreed.....I love the Yoemen's chances but 35 may be a little much.

c-town_balla
11-19-2002, 04:39 PM
well yeah 35 is a liltle much so....

Yoe 21
Jasper 17

and I changed it cause i shouldn't pick against my own team

Jason1725
11-19-2002, 05:43 PM
There is nothing wrong with thinking your team can win, nothing at all. What kind of team does Cameron have? I mean are they pass heavy, ball control, or balenced? Also what kind of defense and secondary do you guys have? I will admit that I am indeed a big Jasper fan and have been longing to see them have a chance at a state title since before I graduated in 93. I think this is the year they break that record of no state title.

2001GiddingsLB
11-19-2002, 06:16 PM
Cameron's offense is situated around Billy Pittman he is an excellent athlete. he's not real big but runs hard and has good speed. They line up in multiple formations some are really screwy. They have a good reciever and Pittman has a pretty accurate arm and alot of times he just pulls it down and runs with it. The defense is solid but I think it was better last year or the year before. Ross Watson their DT is a force on the line does a good job of attacking the ball.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-19-2002, 06:29 PM
Jasper 34
Cameron Yoe 14

mojjo_1
11-19-2002, 06:30 PM
How about a scouting report on Cameron. Size,speed,and depth.

BigRed01
11-19-2002, 06:38 PM
Southern Thunder aka Coach C.......I have a question for you. Objectively is this team as fast as the 83 and 84 team with Reggie Davis and Tony Allen. Put into perspective how this team matches up against those great Bulldogs. I haven't seen Jasper play, but I have heard that they have guys as big as John Sitton and Willie Cade, and as fast as Tony Allen. To be honest with you, I have a little trouble believing that Jasper has speed like Tony Allen. I think that is a bit much.

theyoefnshow
11-19-2002, 06:38 PM
Sounds fun....Well, of course BP is Mr. Everything. Runs well, can stop on a dime and if he breaks, see ya. Even when you are 99.9999% sure you have him, he can juke you out of your socks. Not extremely hard to take down, just hard to get a hold of him. He isn't as small as you think though, probably pushing 6' and if not close to it, around 180-185. Tyrone Miller is a powerful fullback that blocks very well for Billy and has had several key blocks in the last few games. Receivers, there are 3. William Anthony, Tra Wilcox and Roderick Knight. Knight and Wilcox are I think the better two but DO NOT sell Anthony short as he is a killer as well. Wilcox makes those catches that he shouldn't and Knight is just an amazing athelete. The O line is young and only had 1 returning starter I believe but they are getting better every week. I guess you could say the offense is peaking at the right time, it just takes them a while and a boot in the azz to get going which usually happens around 3rd quarter.....I'll get to the defense later...unless someone else wants to....Jasper? How about a Offensive report on you guys?

mojjo_1
11-19-2002, 07:43 PM
Jasper runs a spread offense with a big offensive line and fast skilled players. Mitchell is the qb and Jason is the rb, both are returning starters.They basically take what the defense gives up. If you stack for the run they pass and vice-versa.I know some people come on here and say this guy can bench 450 or run a 4.3 and you know their bending the truth.I havn't timed anybody but from what I see Jasper has 14 starters with about 4.5-4.6 speed.The offensive tackles are 6'4'' 270 Sir Vincent and 6'8'' 280 Jorrie Adams. Jorrie will play some defense also, along with big red Joesph Bryant 6'5'' 285. and Kyle Bruno 5'11'' 290 in the middle. Jasper will rotate defensive lineman in and out during the game.Speed, size, and depth. 32 seniors.

southern_thunder
11-19-2002, 07:45 PM
BigRed01:
Southern Thunder aka Coach C.......I have a question for you. Objectively is this team as fast as the 83 and 84 team with Reggie Davis and Tony Allen. Put into perspective how this team matches up against those great Bulldogs. I haven't seen Jasper play, but I have heard that they have guys as big as John Sitton and Willie Cade, and as fast as Tony Allen. To be honest with you, I have a little trouble believing that Jasper has speed like Tony Allen. I think that is a bit much.LOL I am not Coach C but I cant tell you that Cade and Stitten would be the 3rd and 4th biggest on this team, and while ther is no one on this team with tony's speed the overall team speed is better than the 83 and 84 teams.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-19-2002, 08:15 PM
Ive been to every bulldog game the past 2 years and Jasper has some really strong players....i mean u got mitchell whos got a great arm.....you got jason wo can run the ball up and down the field with proper blocking and who can also double as a QB if mitchell gets hurt( which he most likely wont if coach dont make him take the ball 7 plays in a row again) and if jason has to be Qb then you have Cook....who really isnt as fast as jason but when he has the ball he can run for a Td with 3 players hanging on to him. Then you go on to people like Adams.....wthe hunchback of Jasper if you will......he is simply huge......now you go on to who i think is the backbone of the defense BIG RED.....he is also simply huge.......im pretty sure jasper can take cameron....and make it to state......but hey, anything can happen....with the playoffs...one bad night and ur seasons over. My prediction Jasper 37 Cameron 9

The8thLace63
11-19-2002, 10:17 PM
I seriously doubt Billy Pittman will be the best qb in conroe this weekend. There is a qb in jasper named Mitchell, you might have heard of him. Poor Pittman, I don't know how long he will last when Jasper gets a hold of him.

Jasper 55
Cameron 7

The_Saint
11-19-2002, 10:34 PM
Greetings fellow HS football fans. I have followed this years season as a reader of this site. You guys (and gals) really make for enjoyable editiorial along with being informative and often humorus. This is probably "the best" site around for this type of forum. This is a reflection of the Administrators, the ship they run, and the quality of participation from the members involved. Gee, kinda like coaches and players taking to the field of battle.....TEAM

No, the name (The_Saint) does not imply any heavenly accolades (although we work at it), but is merely part of my last name that was used as a nickname, CB handle, etc. For those of you that don't know what a CB is...well it's a..........never mind.(Caveman's cell phone.)

Anyway, what prompted me to sign up and join in all of the fun was OldCards' post that lead to comments from Thunder, others, and eventually Lion52. Several days have passed since we have received our password, so I won't beat this dead horse anymore, other than to say I to saw the game pretty much as OldCard did.

Hopefully a lesson was learned by all with regards to what was happening on the field, appeared to be happening on the field, confusion...no confusion, etc...etc...we'll all wake up and realize it was just a bad dream (like that wasted season of Dallas).

Looking forward to C-Y, I agree with an earlier post, it may be a good endurance test for the Jasper starters to see if they can last more than two and a half quarters. Although it is a balancing act to not run up the score, playing conservative football in the playoffs could send you to the house early. Perfect example was last years playoff game to Houston Forest Brook. Jasper started playing conservation ball before the half and if the game had gone on for another minute or two, FB would have saved the Bulldogs from an embarrasing loss to Bay City the following week.

Before its over with, I just have this gut feeling that Jasper is going to wish they had a better kicking game and stuck to their game plan for 4 full quarters instead of playing conservative ball for a half. Lion52, you have another kicker (extra points), give him a chance.

I have seen Everman play, and if Jasper ends up playing Everman for the D1 title, then they better not have an offensive performance like they did against Mexia. Everman will test the Jasper D by keeping them on the field for more than a 3 and out. This is important because the Jasper D is always well rested between series.

Anyway, my first post is beginning to take on the looks of a Reader's Digest condensed novel so we'll close for now.

Oh...almost forgot.....Jasper 61 :cool: , Cameron 13 :mad:

southern_thunder
11-19-2002, 10:54 PM
Since when is 33 points a bad offensive performance especially when your defense is playing as well as Japser's and even putting some points on the board them selves. But I dont think Jasper is worried about Everman just yet and Everman better not be thinking about Jasper just yet.

theyoefnshow
11-19-2002, 11:12 PM
my God in heaven. 61 points? My friend, I have no idea what kind of research you do but no team has ever gotten that kind of score against us. I won't even comment on that because that is just a ludicrous statement.

j_dog
11-19-2002, 11:50 PM
theyoefnshow:
my God in heaven. 61 points? My friend, I have no idea what kind of research you do but no team has ever gotten that kind of score against us. I won't even comment on that because that is just a ludicrous statement.You are probably right. To put that many points on any team is a bit much, especially in the second round of the playoffs. This doesn't mean ANYTHING of course, but I do remember this same Jasper team hung 68 points on Waller last year in the second round in 4a. And they had about the same type record as Yoe, except it was in 4a. Just kidding though. Jasper is not planning to do that to Yoe.

My guess is that it will probably be more like the 45 points Jasper scored on Newton, ranked 3rd in the state at the time, or the 39 points Jasper scored on Mexia in just 3 quarters or so. That seems to be the point where Jasper pulls the starters. I repeat, that is just a guess. Heck, Yoe might surprise me and win. But, don't be in total surprise if the 61 is close. The beauty is that we don't know, so we play the games! Good luck to your team!

The_Saint
11-20-2002, 12:21 AM
Thunder, I agree that 33 points put up by the offense is not a bad night. Odds are you win with that. And yes, the defense can score too...my point of view was merely an observation of what I have seen the two teams (Jasper and Everman) perform on the field. Everman just seems to be more "polished"....And yes, neither Jasper nor Everman should think about the other until the date, time, and place have been determined, assuming either makes it that far. If they do.....man what a game!!!

As for Jasper putting up 61, that's only if you get 4 full quarters out of the starting offensive and defensive units.......it's possible. We just don't know what they (Jasper) can really do if turned lose. I didn't mean to offend anyone and maybe I should have qualified the predicition. A more likely score will be something like Jasper 32(missed PATS), Cameron-Yoe 17.

The fact that Jasper has played conservative in the second half most of the year and that Cameron-Yoe kicks it up a notch in the second half may make this an interesting battle and keep the score close...In any scenario Jasper "should" come out on top. However, with 16 teams remaining in D1, the cream is coming to the top and anything can happen.

konstance_latrice_04
11-20-2002, 01:27 AM
originally posted by BigRed01
I never predicted that, nor do I really care. Jasper will stomp a mud hole in Yoeman. I predict Jasper over Cameron Yoe by 35.(and that is one of MY predictions) That is a very liberal estimate indeed. The winner of Barbers Hill and Bridge City, unless the sun doesn't rise, and the Saddam Hussain gives George Bush a big old sloppy one, should be playing Jasper for the region. Jasper is definitely the favorite, they can be upset by BH or BC, but not by Cameron Yoe.
:mad: :mad: Hey whoa seems like we gotta problem on our hands. Everybody seems to wanna talk about Cameron really bad. Well Billy Pittman is capable of doing alot of things, but he cant do it all on his own he needs our team. Coach Sapp is going to want to win as bad as the Jasper Coach, but trust me he's going to call the plays that is going to help his team win. Don't get me wrong William Anthony can make some mistakes, but he's not the only reciever who makes mistakes. Roderick and Tra make mistakes also, but I dont think these guys are just gonna let there team down like that. I just hate when people talk about Cameron and dont know what they are talking about. Cameron tradition is something that only Cameron residents know about, and when you see those 7 charter buses ride up in Conroe from Cameron make sure you know that it is time for the showdown. This week the whole team is gonna stick together so be ready. BigRed01 that was pretty harsh what you said, but don't ever COUNT THE YOEMAN OUT!!!!!!!!

Be Ready,Be Ready,Be Ready,For Us :D wink :p :) :o

duckbutter
11-20-2002, 10:14 AM
Not only will I predict a Jasper win (42-7) I will predict that Cameron will have less than 120 total yards of offense. Not saying that Cameron is that bad but that Jasper is just that good.

theyoefnshow
11-20-2002, 10:25 AM
is it that or do you just want them to beat us worse than they beat Newton?

OldEagle
11-20-2002, 10:45 AM
yoefnshow, I had to come out of lurk mode and make a comment on your post. I have seen Cameron Yoe play many times in the past and as a hint to Jasper... you should never, never ever count out the Cameron Yoe. They have a winning tradition going on. And yes, I would love to see Cameron beat Jasper worse than they beat Newton.

spiveyrat
11-20-2002, 11:07 AM
So much for unity in SE Texas!

<small>[ November 20, 2002, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

2001GiddingsLB
11-20-2002, 11:27 AM
To J_dog: 61 points isn't too much last year Giddings beat a 7-4 Diboll team 69-14 at conroe in the 2nd round. Lets see if it happens a second year at Moorehead with more than 60 points being scored. As I recall Giddings had 500 yards + on offense and Diboll had about 120 which is what some people are calling for Cameron. Maybe it will be a repeat of last year's Giddings vs. Diboll game but I doubt it.
Cameron 14, Jasper 31

BigRed01
11-20-2002, 12:27 PM
konstance_latrice_04:
originally posted by BigRed01
I never predicted that, nor do I really care. Jasper will stomp a mud hole in Yoeman. I predict Jasper over Cameron Yoe by 35.(and that is one of MY predictions) That is a very liberal estimate indeed. The winner of Barbers Hill and Bridge City, unless the sun doesn't rise, and the Saddam Hussain gives George Bush a big old sloppy one, should be playing Jasper for the region. Jasper is definitely the favorite, they can be upset by BH or BC, but not by Cameron Yoe.
:mad: :mad: Hey whoa seems like we gotta problem on our hands. Everybody seems to wanna talk about Cameron really bad. Well Billy Pittman is capable of doing alot of things, but he cant do it all on his own he needs our team. Coach Sapp is going to want to win as bad as the Jasper Coach, but trust me he's going to call the plays that is going to help his team win. Don't get me wrong William Anthony can make some mistakes, but he's not the only reciever who makes mistakes. Roderick and Tra make mistakes also, but I dont think these guys are just gonna let there team down like that. I just hate when people talk about Cameron and dont know what they are talking about. Cameron tradition is something that only Cameron residents know about, and when you see those 7 charter buses ride up in Conroe from Cameron make sure you know that it is time for the showdown. This week the whole team is gonna stick together so be ready. BigRed01 that was pretty harsh what you said, but don't ever COUNT THE YOEMAN OUT!!!!!!!!

Be Ready,Be Ready,Be Ready,For Us :D wink :p :) :o What will be harsh is when Jasper get's a hold of ya'll.....that's harsh. I stand by 35 points only because Jasper will pull there first teamers out. The bulldogs are rolling right now. That post may have seemed a little harsh, but it was in response to someone else posting. Cameron had better come with guns blazing when they meet Jasper, because Jasper will definitely have an automic bomb pointed at ya'll. I am a die hard Cardinal Fan, and I would even predict that unless Bridge City plays perfect, Jasper fumbles and does dumb things, and maybe one or two kids are out to grades, we have a chance of beating them. Believe me, it's no attack on Cameron, the Bulldogs are just that good this year. wink

spiveyrat
11-20-2002, 12:41 PM
2001Giddings: I hope for Jasper that this year's 2nd round is like last years'...
Jasper 68
Waller 23
:D

JHS_c/o_06'
11-20-2002, 04:55 PM
Im not tryin to disrespect any team(the last time i did that jasper got beat by Bay City and it was very close to a shutout). But it would seem to me that yoe's team is on the shoulders of there star QB...Pittman. That dosent seem like the smartest idea to me, i would hope for yoe's sake that they have more than just pittman cause im gonna enjoy watching what pittman does the first time they have the ball and jourie and big red come running after him. My prediction still stands Jasper 37 Yoe 9.

theyoefnshow
11-20-2002, 05:06 PM
Ha! I hit the 100th post! GO YOE!!!

c-town_balla
11-20-2002, 05:51 PM
I don't think 61 points have EVER been scored on the Yoe.

bearkatdad
11-20-2002, 07:01 PM
The_Saint:
Greetings fellow HS football fans. I have followed this years season as a reader of this site. You guys (and gals) really make for enjoyable editiorial along with being informative and often humorus. This is probably "the best" site around for this type of forum. This is a reflection of the Administrators, the ship they run, and the quality of participation from the members involved. Gee, kinda like coaches and players taking to the field of battle.....TEAM

No, the name (The_Saint) does not imply any heavenly accolades (although we work at it), but is merely part of my last name that was used as a nickname, CB handle, etc. For those of you that don't know what a CB is...well it's a..........never mind.(Caveman's cell phone.)

Anyway, what prompted me to sign up and join in all of the fun was OldCards' post that lead to comments from Thunder, others, and eventually Lion52. Several days have passed since we have received our password, so I won't beat this dead horse anymore, other than to say I to saw the game pretty much as OldCard did.

Hopefully a lesson was learned by all with regards to what was happening on the field, appeared to be happening on the field, confusion...no confusion, etc...etc...we'll all wake up and realize it was just a bad dream (like that wasted season of Dallas).

Looking forward to C-Y, I agree with an earlier post, it may be a good endurance test for the Jasper starters to see if they can last more than two and a half quarters. Although it is a balancing act to not run up the score, playing conservative football in the playoffs could send you to the house early. Perfect example was last years playoff game to Houston Forest Brook. Jasper started playing conservation ball before the half and if the game had gone on for another minute or two, FB would have saved the Bulldogs from an embarrasing loss to Bay City the following week.

Before its over with, I just have this gut feeling that Jasper is going to wish they had a better kicking game and stuck to their game plan for 4 full quarters instead of playing conservative ball for a half. Lion52, you have another kicker (extra points), give him a chance.

I have seen Everman play, and if Jasper ends up playing Everman for the D1 title, then they better not have an offensive performance like they did against Mexia. Everman will test the Jasper D by keeping them on the field for more than a 3 and out. This is important because the Jasper D is always well rested between series.

Anyway, my first post is beginning to take on the looks of a Reader's Digest condensed novel so we'll close for now.

Oh...almost forgot.....Jasper 61 :cool: , Cameron 13 :mad:

bearkatdad
11-20-2002, 07:05 PM
bearkatdad:

The_Saint:

Oh...almost forgot.....Jasper 61 :cool: , Cameron 13 :mad: Hey Saint...is that a post or an Epistle...Wow..that was long..but I don't think Jasper will score 61..more like 32 to 10...

Old Cardinal
11-20-2002, 07:13 PM
I personally think that Elgin, Barbers Hill, Jasper, Bridge City, Burnet and Sinton can beat Everman and Forney. And I think Forney will beat Everman!......Hey, New Poster, thanks for the compliment, you evidently saw the situation the same way a lot of other folks did.

The_Saint
11-20-2002, 08:45 PM
Bearkatdad.....got a little carried away didn't I!! We'll keep'm shorter. Yes, if the ball bounces Jaspers' way and they start subbing in the second half, your score prediction is a good one. My later post was J32-CY17.

OldCard, its interesting to watch the sidelines and the players on the field between the whistles.

If the Froney and Everman match-up takes place and it doen't conflict with any possible Jasper/BC contest, we'll have to see that game. I don't see Forney taking the game, but I'll defer to your expertise here.

Bulldog92
11-20-2002, 09:10 PM
This guy's a classic, the saintly one. Not only can he write epistles, but apparently he's more than one person, too. That takes talent that, frankly, most of us aren't blessed with. Make sure you're at both the Everman-Forney and Jasper-BC games if they happen to take place on the same night at the same time. I'll be expecting a full epistle on each one, okay? I'm just messin' with you. Welcome aboard and keep the thoughts coming.... :D

j dawg
11-20-2002, 09:38 PM
Hey,Im a freshman at Jasper High School and I know our program and mojo 1 you might have the reports but I have the down low and Jasper Bulldogs are going to state (and winning) and theres no question about it in my mind so if anybody wants to say anything you come to me

Jasper:38 Yoe:7(if they score at all)
Yoe watch out for Red and Jorrie #85 and #78(these numbers are alot bigger in person

The_Saint
11-20-2002, 09:49 PM
Bulldog92...Yeah, that would be a trick wouldn't it!!

As for thoughts...here's a scary one....Does a game situation for the Bulldogs present an opportunity to load one side of the offensive line with SirVincent and BigRed and put Jorie in the backfield with Marlon Cook leading the way? Maybe the coaching staff might want to consider this for all extra points instead of kicking.

southern_thunder
11-20-2002, 10:00 PM
The_Saint:
Bulldog92...Yeah, that would be a trick wouldn't it!!

As for thoughts...here's a scary one....Does a game situation for the Bulldogs present an opportunity to load one side of the offensive line with SirVincent and BigRed and put Jorie in the backfield with Marlon Cook leading the way? Maybe the coaching staff might want to consider this for all extra points instead of kicking.Now thats a very original, great idea st. have you ever thought about being a coach?

Bulldog92
11-20-2002, 10:06 PM
Talk about a power backfield...wow! If I was on the staff, I'd sure think about it. I have this creepy feeling that special teams are gonna make these coaches think about working with some of these kids a lot earlier on the fine art of kicking than they have been. Anything that can be done to offset our kicking cunundrum would be well worth looking at...and your idea is as good as any I've heard so far.

The_Saint
11-20-2002, 10:37 PM
Thunder...I know you're messin with me. You saw my first post (I apologize), it would take me two hours to explain a 42-counter or a 35-dive to the offense. I'll stick to my current profession.

However, take the formation I mentioned and add a little play-action with Rodriquez faking to Jorie and tossing the ball to a receiver in the flat.

Enough fantasy football for now.

southern_thunder
11-20-2002, 10:40 PM
The_Saint:
Thunder...I know you're messin with me. You saw my first post (I apologize), it would take me two hours to explain a 42-counter or a 35-dive to the offense. I'll stick to my current profession.

However, take the formation I mentioned and add a little play-action with Rodriquez faking to Jorie and tossing the ball to a receiver in the flat.

Enough fantasy football for now.Well you know Red wears #85 and in high school you can have a tackle elgible to Jorrie now theres a couple of big targets.

konstance_latrice_04
11-20-2002, 11:38 PM
originally posted by j dawg:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey,Im a freshman at Jasper High School and I know our program and mojo 1 you might have the reports but I have the down low and Jasper Bulldogs are going to state (and winning) and theres no question about it in my mind so if anybody wants to say anything you come to me

Yoe watch out for Red and Jorrie #85 and #78(these numbers are alot bigger in person
-------------------------------------------------

Hey little man it would be good if you would just be a fish and keep your gills closed. It doesn't matter what anyone puts on this site, whatever God sees fit to happen will happen. If God says Cameron Yoeman will win they will win, if God says Jasper Bulldogs will win they will win. But I have one thing to say: DONT COUNT OUT THE CAMERON YOEMAN!!!!!!!!! We may be a young team, but trust me we will get the job done. Cameron will be supported by mostly the whole town of Cameron and other fans who love the Yoeman.

konstance_latrice_04
11-20-2002, 11:39 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------

Hey little man it would be good if you would just be a fish and keep your gills closed. It doesn't matter what anyone puts on this site, whatever God sees fit to happen will happen. If God says Cameron Yoeman will win they will win, if God says Jasper Bulldogs will win they will win. But I have one thing to say: DONT COUNT OUT THE CAMERON YOEMAN!!!!!!!!! We may be a young team, but trust me we will get the job done. Cameron will be supported by mostly the whole town of Cameron and other fans who love the Yoeman.

j_dog
11-21-2002, 12:02 AM
To Cameron posters, you have helped make the reading fun this week and your postings have been positive. We who are for Jasper would not expect any less from you than to support your team.

We just believe in the Dogs also. That is the reason for our exuberance. One thing for sure, we will all get to see some great Div I athletes Saturday night. I am looking forward to watching Billy Pittman. Again, good luck to your team.

The_Saint
11-21-2002, 12:33 AM
Ditto J_Dog. Looking forward to watching two excellent teams from two great communities. From this post thread it is obvious that the support from both sides will be tremendous. Aside from the battle on the field, lets see which stands can yell the loudest.

Good luck to both, and may we all travel safely to and from Conroe under the watchful eyes of the Lord.

Jason1725
11-21-2002, 01:14 AM
Amen to that Saint. I hope everyone has a safe trip to and from Conroe as well. Go Dogs!

spiveyrat
11-21-2002, 06:40 AM
Saint: Great idea for the PAT's. I think we should send the idea to the fieldhouse and get them working on that!

Boy, judging by the enthusiasm this thread has generated, there should be quite a turnout at the game!

sphinx1906
11-21-2002, 11:08 AM
Bulldog92,this has got to be killing you to be in the wetlands of Washington during the playoffs. Sure is nice to be able to communicate with your hometown via 3adownlow. I know my brother LWFH enjoys it. I wish the Dawgs all the luck in the world in their quest for a stase championship. Lord knows whoever they are playing is going to need it each week! Turn the Dawgs loose this friday as we try to turn the Eagles loose against Marlin this week. Go Eagles, Dawgs, and Cardinals. Represent southeast Texas well!

sphinx1906
11-21-2002, 11:10 AM
Bulldog92,this has got to be killing you to be in the wetlands of Washington during the playoffs. Sure is nice to be able to communicate with your hometown via 3adownlow. I know my brother LWFH enjoys it. I wish the Dawgs all the luck in the world in their quest for a stase championship. Lord knows whoever they are playing is going to need it each week! Turn the Dawgs loose this friday as we try to turn the Eagles loose against Marlin this week. Go Eagles, Dawgs, and Cardinals. Represent southeast Texas well!

theyoefnshow
11-21-2002, 11:34 AM
Well, looks like alot of positive feedback from both sides as stated. I just have that feeling for this game. No ill will towards Jasper, I just hope that Cameron is the team to beat you guys. I stated to another individual, I don't care if we do lose next week, I just want them to walk out with a victory this week just so that everyone knows that yes, the Yoemen are for real and didn't just have this playoff spot handed to them. Therefore, for the first time, I'll post my honest prediction. Last time we went to Conroe, we beat Sweeny 28-14......I'm going to go with a repeat performance. Well, similar anyway, Cameron, 27-14.

The8thLace63
11-21-2002, 03:46 PM
I honestly feel sorry for Cameran. eek!

Old Cardinal
11-21-2002, 04:14 PM
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE CAMERON PEOPLE: I just wanted to say that town after town that have had good historical football should forget about tradition. Things have changed, look at how many dropdown teams are smashing those covented traditions. 3A is a whole new scene. If Jasper walks all over you, it is because they have 39 Seniors on a team that could be easily participating in the 4A brackets. Support your boys, I think they will give it their all, but don't be surprised or totally disappointed if you lose by a substancial score. Tradition talk has been going on all year, especially by the Pollsters and most of those teams are now out of the Bracket play. Good luck, play your best game! I think Cameron Yoe sounds like a good bunch of folks!

c-town_balla
11-21-2002, 04:34 PM
old card your pretty much right.....but why do you (8thlace) fell sorry for cameron

theyoefnshow
11-21-2002, 04:37 PM
I said it once, and I'll say it again.....2 years ago, the 2000 Yoemen went against Lorena in round 1. The winner would play the Mexia/Dibol (who was 3rd in the state at the time) game. Mexia was to be slaughtered as was Cameron/Lorena. Well, Cameron had beaten Lorena by 4 touchdowns earlier in the year but only won this time 6-2. Yep, 6-2. As it turns out, Mexia DESTROYED Dibol 44-0. Needless to say, Mexia was now going to trash Cameron without question. Well guess what? When the two teams met the following week, I think the halftime score was 3-0. The game ended 35-0 Cameron.

konstance_latrice_04
11-21-2002, 05:12 PM
And I will say this again also "DONT COUNT OUT THE YOEMAN!!!" What's the use for doing all this back and forward arguing whatever happens happens. But im not gonna say that we not gonna come out fired up, cause we always do. :D

j dawg
11-21-2002, 06:31 PM
Hey how big is cameron? Our population is about 8,000 people in the city limits. How big is your town anybody?

Jason1725
11-21-2002, 06:38 PM
And let me say STOP COUNTING OUT JASPER. I don't think Cameron really has it in them to beat Jasper. You are playing a 4A state contender and you just don't match up. Jasper will win big because they simply beat you up on both lines. The will control each this weekend and I just don't see you all stoping our offense. Jasper 42-0

j dawg
11-21-2002, 06:38 PM
Hey Mojjooooooooo
Are you from jasper? What grade are you in?
You sound like you no the team pretty good.

Jason1725
11-21-2002, 06:40 PM
ROTFLOL please mojo tell us what grade you are in? I think he is actually the Dean at the school of hard knocks.

j dawg
11-21-2002, 06:44 PM
Jason sounds like he knows what he's talking
about. I'm with himmm!!!!!!!!!!!
JASPER ALL THE WAY
YOU GOT TO LOVETT BABYYYYYY

theyoefnshow
11-21-2002, 06:45 PM
roughly 5700 at last count

j dawg
11-21-2002, 07:10 PM
Let's just play even steven and see how it turn's out. Best man win's Good Luck everybody!!!!!!!!!

The8thLace63
11-21-2002, 07:20 PM
Really I don't feel sorry as much for Cameron as I do for Billy Pittman(cameron). I know miracles can happen and thats what cameron(Billy Pittman) will have to have.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-21-2002, 08:19 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that Cameron is going down. Jasper has only two losses, one a forfeit and another against a good 4A team. Cameron has nobody to compete with Jasper. Good Luck Jasper.

j dawg
11-21-2002, 08:34 PM
Hey Yoe!,check this konstance_latrice_04 Im 5'10 190lbs and first string freshman team so u go and call some one else little man, also I know its Gods will and this town(and team)is a christian town so I have faith in us and I know your town might be supportive but this town is all for its football team and I know the whole town will be at the game so if you can talk your town into being there bring it on

mojjo_1
11-21-2002, 08:46 PM
I've watched Jasper play since 75 and have seen some very good teams. Every year I watch and think, who are the best players at each position compared to the past teams. Sort of a Jasper all star team. Ricky, Jorrie, and Big Red take up 3 spots on my dream team.

theyoefnshow
11-21-2002, 08:47 PM
Funny, Rockdale hasn't had anyone to compete with Cameron since I was a Jr. in high school. That was 1996. So to me, if you think Cameron can't play with Jasper, you must know that Rockdale would be mauled.

j dawg
11-21-2002, 09:02 PM
hey mojjo 1 are you going to answer my question's from earlier?

mojjo_1
11-21-2002, 09:20 PM
I'm from Jasper class of 77. I've coached youth teams in every sport from 4 to 15 year olds and might have coached you.

Super_Fan
11-21-2002, 09:32 PM
Jasper is gonna win.

mojjo_1
11-21-2002, 10:06 PM
I just read on another board that Cameron has several players going both ways. Watson, Miller, Knight, Wilcox. Last year nobody played both ways for Jasper. This year Jorrie starts both ways,but he is the only one. I think Jasper depth will show up in the second half. How many player's are playing both ways for Cameron?

Jason1725
11-21-2002, 11:15 PM
Jasper wins this one simply because they have a super group of seniors. Jasper 42-0

Jason1725
11-21-2002, 11:18 PM
I see on here every week when someone makes varsity they are all happy, do you win something? How about a new car, or maybe a trip to Hawaii?

Jason1725
11-21-2002, 11:20 PM
I said it once, and I'll say it again.....2 years ago, the 2000 Yoemen went against Lorena in round 1. The winner would play the Mexia/Dibol (who was 3rd in the state at the time) game. Mexia was to be slaughtered as was Cameron/Lorena. Well, Cameron had beaten Lorena by 4 touchdowns earlier in the year but only won this time 6-2. Yep, 6-2. As it turns out, Mexia DESTROYED Dibol 44-0. Needless to say, Mexia was now going to trash Cameron without question. Well guess what? When the two teams met the following week, I think the halftime score was 3-0. The game ended 35-0 Cameron.

Uhhhh we are NOT Maxia. Jasper 42-0

MARLINFAN
11-21-2002, 11:49 PM
ALL I CAN SAY IS MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN

PS. HEY KONSTANCE WHATS UP GO 18AAA CLEAN SWEEP THIS WEEK

mechanic
11-22-2002, 12:40 AM
I said it last week to Mexia and I will say it again this week to Cameron DON`T SING IT JUST BRING IT, AND JUST HOPE YOU CAN BRING ENOUGH, GO BIG RED. eek!

spiveyrat
11-22-2002, 06:49 AM
yoefnshow: how is 2 years ago relevant now?

yoemenkracker30
11-22-2002, 11:53 AM
Don't count your chickens before they hatch! Both teams seem like they are good. Prove it on the field Saturday, in Conroe. Then talk smack.
Go Yoe!

spiveyrat
11-22-2002, 12:31 PM
You gotta admit that talking smack about the game BEFORE the game helps you to invest more into the game. What's the use in talking smack after the fact? Besides, after the game, with cameron yoe's season over, how many cameron fans will be around on this forum to read our posts anyway? wink

spiveyrat
11-22-2002, 12:37 PM
All ribbing aside, does anyone know if there will be a webcast of the game? I know Jasper radio stations don't webcast the games. Any stations from Cameron do a webcast, or from anywhere else for that matter?

<small>[ November 22, 2002, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

bird dog
11-22-2002, 01:42 PM
Don't rule the Yoe out.They have a great tradition and an outstanding coaching staff.Good luck to both teams.Stay injury free.

konstance_latrice_04
11-22-2002, 04:38 PM
Hey Yoe!,check this konstance_latrice_04 Im 5'10 190lbs and first string freshman team so u go and call some one else little man, also I know its Gods will and this town(and team)is a christian town so I have faith in us and I know your town might be supportive but this town is all for its football team and I know the whole town will be at the game so if you can talk your town into being there bring it on.

Well ima just say it like this im 5'1" 207 pounds and i will crush yo lil butt. I don't care about you talkin trash cause you can't come to my face and say nuthin. Are you even on the team???????????? Or r u still on the freshman team. Oh and they lost one game thats kool, but didn't yall play Newton and beat them 44-20, but had to forgeit the game because yall played with an ineligible player. Well i just gotta put it like this Cameron has never had to forfeit due to an ineligible player. So whatever noise talking you gonna do talk on dat one!!!!! Oh and Marlin good luck!!!!!!!!! :mad:

theyoefnshow
11-22-2002, 05:57 PM
Goodness Christ. Anyway, yes, there is a webcast of the game. Go to www.kmil.com (http://www.kmil.com) and click on "listen here" or whatever link it is. KMIL is a local Cameron radio station and I've listened to the webcast a few times (Bellville and Waco) and they were both crystal clear. Hope this helps! Oh and Ratman, as for the revelancy of my comment, you are right. It has no place here. All I'm getting at is that Cameron has been counted out before and have come back much to everyone's chagrin. Nothing more nothing less and I was not comparing Jasper to Mexia.

bearkatdad
11-22-2002, 07:01 PM
spiveyrat:
All ribbing aside, does anyone know if there will be a webcast of the game? I know Jasper radio stations don't webcast the games. Any stations from Cameron do a webcast, or from anywhere else for that matter?Hey spivey boy...did you see the post from one of the Yo's...the Cameron radio station is supposed to webcast the game...www.kmil.com

snowsnake
11-22-2002, 07:20 PM
konstance_latrice_04:
Hey Yoe!,check this konstance_latrice_04 Im 5'10 190lbs and first string freshman team so u go and call some one else little man, also I know its Gods will and this town(and team)is a christian town so I have faith in us and I know your town might be supportive but this town is all for its football team and I know the whole town will be at the game so if you can talk your town into being there bring it on.

Well ima just say it like this im 5'1" 207 pounds and i will crush yo lil butt. I don't care about you talkin trash cause you can't come to my face and say nuthin. Are you even on the team???????????? Or r u still on the freshman team. Oh and they lost one game thats kool, but didn't yall play Newton and beat them 44-20, but had to forgeit the game because yall played with an ineligible player. Well i just gotta put it like this Cameron has never had to forfeit due to an ineligible player. So whatever noise talking you gonna do talk on dat one!!!!! Oh and Marlin good luck!!!!!!!!! :mad:

snowsnake
11-22-2002, 07:27 PM
snowsnake:

konstance_latrice_04:

Well ima just say it like this im 5'1" 207 pounds and i will crush yo lil butt. I don't care about you talkin trash cause you can't come to my face and say nuthin. Are you even on the team???????????? Or r u still on the freshman team. Oh and they lost one game thats kool, but didn't yall play Newton and beat them 44-20, but had to forgeit the game because yall played with an ineligible player. Well i just gotta put it like this Cameron has never had to forfeit due to an ineligible player. So whatever noise talking you gonna do talk on dat one!!!!! Oh and Marlin good luck!!!!!!!!! :mad: Just to let you know. The ineligible player didn't start, only played on kick off team and was in the game (2) plays, thus made no contribution to the outcome. It is unfortunate that this incident occurred to such a great team, but it did so why keep bringing it up. Honest mistakes occur, but the bottom line is the score was still 44-20 and Newton is a much better team than Cameron Yoe, at least on the films I've seen. Good luck to Newton!!!

snowsnake
11-22-2002, 07:39 PM
Have been out of pocket using some of my degrees to keep the wolf at bay and havn't had a chance to review the last weeks discussions. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Coach C for his input regarding the game against Mexia and his take on comments made by several Forum fans. Coach C keep up the good work and we will see you back next year, along with all the other great coaches on the staff. Your are a class act. And a little hint to those who seem to have a problem understanding the signals made by the officials when an infraction occurs. There is usually a chart in the program that gives illustrated pictures showing what signal goes with what infraction. Hopefully this will end the speculation and exaggeration on the number of delay of game penalties and other penalties that occurred during the game. Good luck to all prospective teams. GO DAWGS!!!

spiveyrat
11-22-2002, 10:16 PM
Thanks for that tip, yoefnshow...

hey 92, did you see the link for the game???

Bulldog92
11-22-2002, 10:44 PM
Yeah. Reveille also let me know about it. I'll be listening and sitting right here on this forum, so try to be here if you can. It's gonna be fun. :)

easttexan1
11-22-2002, 10:58 PM
Well,,,,,,,,, If I was a betting man I would bet on a Jasper win. If I was going to enter the discuss on tradition, I would bet on Jasper too. Collier-Sharp shows Jasper as #3 on the all time playoff appearances for 3A and would also be #3 had they stayed in 4A. Cameron Yoe is #4 on the 3A list. Very interesting. :o

spiveyrat
11-22-2002, 11:03 PM
what time does it start?

Bulldog92
11-22-2002, 11:13 PM
The game is at 7:30. :D

spiveyrat
11-22-2002, 11:20 PM
thank you sir! i'll be here listenin'! :D

spiveyrat
11-22-2002, 11:39 PM
i hope kmil is off the air right now because all i'm getting over the air is static and buzzing.

Bulldog92
11-23-2002, 01:16 AM
I think they program 24/7 so that could be a problem. I haven't checked it yet, but you know I will be fit to be tied if it's that way tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to the announcers whining the whole game about bad calls, missed opportunities, etc... :)

konstance_latrice_04
11-23-2002, 03:16 AM
I just wish if you were going to talk directly to me than just say Konstance, but none of you can say Konstance. You must be scared, and j dawg havent heard from u in a while huh. What's the matter cat got your tongue??? Or is it past your bed time, and you need some rest before you go back to school. :p :D

big daddy russ
11-23-2002, 04:11 AM
I'm not really rooting for one team or the other, but I do have to say I'm sorry. Cameron, you had the unfornate circumstance of meeting up with probably the best team to come through Class 3A in the better part of a decade... in only the second round of the playoffs.
Jasper takes it, 42-14. Underclassmen enter the game during the third quarter... Pittman leads his team to one touchdown during the first half.

You heard it here first.

mechanic
11-23-2002, 08:52 AM
Well Cameron today is the day of recogning , time to pay the price, your QB will have the honor of meeting our defense up close and personal,It is time to GET IT ON. :D eek!

konstance_latrice_04
11-23-2002, 10:16 AM
well we are just going to put it like this Billy aint scared of none of yall and while you watchin Billy you better watch out for Ross, Matt, Kevin, Tra, Roderick and just be ready cause we ready, we ready, we ready for yall!!!!!!!!

Be Ready, Be Ready, Be Ready For Us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :)

spiveyrat
11-23-2002, 10:53 AM
being ready may not be enough wink

we're not too far from 200 posts on this topic. ya'll think we can get 200 before gametime? or, in most of your cases, before you leave to go to the game?

spiveyrat
11-23-2002, 11:31 AM
i don't know if anyone else is planning to listen to the webcast on kmil, but i'm just hearing a buzzing sound, and i have to turn my volume all the way up to hear it. i occasionally hear a static-ridden voice come through. but, it's impossible to make out what is being said. any suggestions?

runninrabbit04
11-23-2002, 03:34 PM
This looks to be a great game....Jasper is ans awesome team this yr...Cameron Yoe too (good cc team too) Whoever wins this should go far...looks kinda like Forney vs. Everman last yr...too bad that they hav players tlking smack on here...just don't look good on anyone...anyways this is going to be an awsome game...later

Bulldog92
11-23-2002, 03:45 PM
Would someone back home be willing to post updates as the game goes along? The KMIL stream is not working right as spiveyrat has mentoned earlier. I'm sure he would agree that we are gonna be on pins and needles wanting to know how things are going. You guys have done an outstanding job for the two of us, especially, and any reports you can send will be appreciated. Thanks...

spiveyrat
11-23-2002, 04:18 PM
Yes! We would appreciate it very much if someone could do that...

...that is if there's anyone left in town.

Jason1725
11-24-2002, 01:24 AM
Well I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.It's 28-0 at halftime on November 23rd at Conroe stadium. But hey I've said this before " DONT EVER NEVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER EVER COUNT OUT THE" well nevermind Lets just say time wasn't on your side. While where at it "Billy oh Billy don't lose our number, cause you're not anywhere the Dogs can't find you" Anyway I only missed by 4 points Jasper 46-0, too bad you all had this one in the bag for Cameron because of some game two or three years ago against Maxia. It was also classy to see your stands cheer after Jorrie was injured on a chop block. After three shutouts in the last 3 games, the defense is awesome. Lets get ready to rumble against Bridge City.

JASPER- GYM
11-24-2002, 01:39 AM
THE BEST QB IN 3A?? BILLY WHO? WE WATCH THE BEST QB IN 3A EVERY WEEK. WHERE WAS THE 2ND HALF COME BACK? I GUESS THEY LEFT IT AT HOME WITH ALL THE TRADITION! BUT THAT WAS FUN WATCHING BILLY RUN FOR HIS LIFE. IT WAS EVEN BETTER WATCHING HIM BEG THE COACHES TO BE TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME. AND THE FRESHMAN LOOKED GOOD IN THE 4TH QUARTER.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-24-2002, 02:01 AM
Poor poor billy pittman, i think that yoe might have scored if he didnt play every position possible, that and if you had an O line. But im not here to talk bad about nobody. Im just here to say that the streak continues and im hoping that Jasper can pull off, not only another win but another shut out as well. And once again your final score for the night.
JASPER 46 CAMERON YOE 0

OldSchoolBulldog
11-24-2002, 02:15 AM
Since I gave a little criticism last week, I must loudly and repeatly compliment the Jasper coaches for their game plan and play calling for this game. Excellent job.

theyoefnshow
11-24-2002, 02:15 AM
hey you never know, maybe if Jasper wins state you'll have something else to be famous for.

Bulldog92
11-24-2002, 03:20 AM
I agree with you, OldSchool. They are doing an outstanding job right now. 128-0 the past three games. I had my doubts that this was the best Jasper team ever...but they're erasing those doubts with every impressive win. What are your thoughts on the Cardinals? Are they gonna be able to hang in there against us for a while...or is it gonna be like the old days when we used to routinely pound them every year?

c-town_balla
11-24-2002, 03:23 AM
ok now....how could you tell that billy pittman was begging to be taken out of the game? WOuldn't it be enough that we came back after the two mosters on yuor team kicked him while he was laying on the ground and your fans cheering when he was hurt....but I forgot he was begging to be taken out.......

snowsnake
11-24-2002, 03:49 AM
theyoefnshow:
hey you never know, maybe if Jasper wins state you'll have something else to be famous for.That would give us two up on Temple!!! C'mon give it a rest. That is a pretty small comment coming from a fan of Cameron Yoe, a school with such a tradition of winning and fair play. We all know its tough to lose, but that doesn't mean you have to be a loser. Comments like that not only demean you but your program as well just by association. Your team has nothing to be ashamed of they played hard but just didn't match up with this team, this year.

fred grunden
11-24-2002, 10:51 AM
Hey YOEFNSHOW! Pittman is a fine athlete. Too bad Cameron did not have a supporting cast. Jasper D
dominated your offensive line. If your coaches would teach sound football instead of chop blocks,
I believe your O line would perform better. Wish we had Pittman on the Bulldog team. He would make a good backup for Ricky Mitchell. Now I know why Cameron is such a good second half-4th qtr team. After all the chop blocks,their opponents don't have anyone left to play defense.

konstance_latrice_04
11-24-2002, 11:12 AM
well thanks for all the critism you guys it really feels great to see that o here. and i am still going to be on here talkin mad **** now. i just dont know what to say we didnt get anybody hurt out there did we??? oh yea one boy got hurt as soon as he started and didn't play anymore. had to learn how to walk on crutches so he wouldn't bust all his front on da ground. and then that big tall boy out there fakin so he could get out and take a water break he was so tired and slow as hell it was a shame. and billy wasn't running for his life either, he just too damn quick. we will see what kinda game jasper will have against bridge city and i know they not gonna make it against them. so to all you **** talkers you can kiss the Yoe's ass!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

cameron crazy
11-24-2002, 11:15 AM
I can see why Jasper is such a good team, they have huge linemen, and a quick secondary. But they also always manage to somehow get in a late hit on the QB and never get it called. I will tell you this straight up, BIlly Pittman was never begging to come out of the game, if you saw him begging it was because the coaches were trying to pull him out and he wanted to play. Jason, you wanna talk about classy? How about when #78 nailed BP on after he threw the ball, got up, and when he saw that Billy was hurt, he started to jump up and down and run back to the sidelines. Now that is a real class act, cheer when another player gets hurt. And unless you were watching the Cameron Yoemen all year you werent watching the best QB in 3A, you may have been watching the best offensive and defensive line all year, i can believe that because they are awesome. And just for Jasper's sake, hopefully their conerbacks and secondary will continue to get "GREAT REFEREES" who never call a pass interference. Im not talkin trash im just stating the obvious. I knew Jasper was going to win, but i was really not impressed with your team, if u take away your gargantuan linemen, you have alot less to work with. Good Luck Jasper, your not gonna need it, you have already beat the worthiest opponent. And if any Yoe Football players read this, great season, SENIORS, i will miss watching all of ya'll play, it was great. "YOE PRIDE NEVER DIES!"

mojjo_1
11-24-2002, 11:45 AM
From what I saw Billy Pittman will play reciever in junior college somewhere. Jasper showed Cameron what real speed can do. A soph. burned your fastest player.( Billy )All the chop blocks, holding,and personal fouls comitted by Cameron and they still get blowed out.

southern_thunder
11-24-2002, 11:50 AM
Hey guys,
This game is over Yoe is playing basketball and Jasper is playing Bridge City end of story.

Bridge City YOUR NEXT!!!!!! :mad:

spiveyrat
11-24-2002, 12:22 PM
Wow! Talk about your sour grapes. Sounds like the Yoe don't like crow. I'm sorry to see that the people who are representing Cameron on this board are such sore losers. Your sportsmanship, in a word, sucks. Jasper clearly had the superior team last night. The announcers on your radio station even admitted to that. They were in awe to Jasper's size and speed and continually made references to Jasper looking like a college team and being able to contend at the 4A and 5A level. Jasper is the real deal this year, whether you can admit that to yourselves or not. If Jasper ever gets blown out like the Yoe did, I would personally concede and move on. But the fact that you can't concede tells me there must have been a lot of Al Gore supporters in Cameron.

<small>[ November 24, 2002, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

Jason1725
11-24-2002, 12:32 PM
WOW! What sore losers. The difference between the cheering on Jaspers side and Cameron was Jasper was cheering a big sack to end a scoring threat to preserve the shutout. You Cameron folks waited to see who it was then cheered. That was without a doubt the worst chop blocking team I have seen. It doesn't matter now because; well it's over for you guys. Maybe Bridge city can give Jasper a little competition. One last thing, I saw a sign on Cameron's side that said " All we want is all you got" Well to quote the Movie A Few Good Men, " You want the Dogs? You can’t handle the Dogs!" See ya when I see ya.

Jasper 46-0

Jason1725
11-24-2002, 12:39 PM
Konstance I don't know about kissing anything but they sure did kick a little didn't they? You can talk till you're blue in the face but it really doesn't matter now does it? The bottom line is 46-0 so there really isn't much you can say. So bye bye for now, because YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK!!!!!

Bulldog92
11-24-2002, 01:02 PM
Watch your language there, konstance. We don't wanna read that kind of stuff from you or anyone else. Jason...I know they talked a lot of trash last week, but it's over now, so show that you're a bigger man and let it go. It's just as important to win with class as it is to lose with it. Rubbing it in doesn't accomplish anything and it makes us look more like losers than winners. Everyone knows what happened and Yoe had a good season. Tip your hat to them and move on. Man...did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, or what? :D

theyoefnshow
11-24-2002, 02:16 PM
Hey by the way, I meant NO disrespect on that "famous" thing. I totally didn't mean what you thought I did. I was talking about the big guy being the 2nd or 3rd most recruited in the nation. I apologize if that offended (which I think it did) anyone. Good luck Dogs. I think I'll go to the game when you play Burnet/Sinton.

j dawg
11-24-2002, 03:30 PM
To YOEEEE!!!!!!

Good Luck in the future!!!

OldSchoolBulldog
11-24-2002, 04:39 PM
Bulldog92:
I agree with you, OldSchool. They are doing an outstanding job right now. 128-0 the past three games. I had my doubts that this was the best Jasper team ever...but they're erasing those doubts with every impressive win. What are your thoughts on the Cardinals? Are they gonna be able to hang in there against us for a while...or is it gonna be like the old days when we used to routinely pound them every year?Bulldog92,
I saw BC play Newton. They are a good team. Their best chance is to play a perfect offensive game Jasper. Against Newton, they were able to get behind the secondary, but their receivers did not catch the balls. If they have solved the catching problem during the season, it should be a competive game. Their defense is aggresive but, I don't think they can shut Jasper down. Jasper just has to many offensive weapons.