PDA

View Full Version : TX vs OU - Blake Griffin = Good Game (merged)

kepdawg
02-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Griffin is in lala land on the bench with a concussion

No worries OU

Willie Warren is still playing

DDBooger
02-21-2009, 10:55 PM
as bad as UT looked last few games, losing Griffin shouldn't have mattered. Abrams just hit a big 3, 1:05 left. Wow, #1 is there for OU to take with a victory over Texas. This would be sweet for UT.

DDBooger
02-21-2009, 10:59 PM
iced, congrats UT:clap:

eagleqb_14
02-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Texas wins a nail bitter in Austin to knock out hopes for OU # 1 chance. 72- 68

eagleqb_14
02-21-2009, 11:00 PM
TEXAS WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap:

I. B. Watching
02-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Good win for Texas, but losing Griffin does matter

WHS02
02-21-2009, 11:06 PM
I dont think anyone wants to be #1 right now. OU will still win the big 12 conf. if they can get through these last few tough games. Congrats to texas though, they come through in the clutch.

DDBooger
02-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
Good win for Texas, but losing Griffin does matter as compelled as you were to point that out, nobody doubts that, but if Oklahoma is as good as advertised, they better have someone other than just Griffin, or they'll be smoked outside the Big 12. Texas is not that good, they looked good even while Griffin was in.

I. B. Watching
02-21-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
as compelled as you were to point that out, nobody doubts that, but if Oklahoma is as good as advertised, they better have someone other than just Griffin, or they'll be smoked outside the Big 12. Texas is not that good, they looked good even while Griffin was in.
I agree. But I think Texas is good enough to where losing a player of Griffin's caliber does make a difference. I don't think OU is good enough to just show up and win with or without him. I think the Sooners can be very good, but they pretty much need to have all of their pieces in place. That's all I'm saying.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-21-2009, 11:41 PM
I don't think Griffin really had a concussion, I think he just got sick seeing the sight of his own blood or something. He wasn't hit nearly hard enough to get a concussion.

cshscougar08
02-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I don't think Griffin really had a concussion, I think he just got sick seeing the sight of his own blood or something. He wasn't hit nearly hard enough to get a concussion.

I really don't think that was the play that gave it to him. That wasn't even enough to give him a nosebleed.

JR2004
02-22-2009, 12:17 AM
I didn't see this game, but I'm obviously surprised that UT was able to win this one. I haven't read anything about the game yet at all, but exactly how much of that game did Grifffin miss?

cshscougar08
02-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I didn't see this game, but I'm obviously surprised that UT was able to win this one. I haven't read anything about the game yet at all, but exactly how much of that game did Grifffin miss?

He played 11 minutes.

JR2004
02-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
He played 11 minutes.

Well that explains the outcome to me then.

eagleqb_14
02-22-2009, 10:02 AM
texas wins a nail bitter in austin to ruin Ou chance to be # 1:clap:

Emerson1
02-22-2009, 10:04 AM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92459

eagles_victory
02-22-2009, 12:09 PM
What is being overlooked IMO was Texas had a nice size lead before Griffin got hurt and he was struggling. I told the people I was watching the game with this might not be good because it is going to open things up for Willie Warren and it did.

I don't think OU is on the same level with the Pitt and Uconns of the nation right now but I could be wrong. But you have to keep in mind the committee looks at injured players when a team lost a game so this loss doesn't hurt OU as bad as UNCs loss hurt them

RedStorm
02-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Would Willie Warren have jacked up all those threes he made if BG was in the game?............................................. .................................NO!

cshscougar08
02-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
Would Willie Warren have jacked up all those threes he made if BG was in the game?............................................. .................................NO!

If he was open and Blake was covered.........YES!!! And judging by the way Texas was playing Blake last night, he was going to get shots with or without Blake in the game.

RedStorm
02-22-2009, 02:28 PM
If he was open and Blake was covered.........YES!!! And judging by the way Texas was playing Blake last night, he was going to get shots with or without Blake in the game.

It must suck to live in Oklahoma so I'll take it easy on you...

cshscougar08
02-22-2009, 03:14 PM
It must suck to live in Oklahoma so I'll take it easy on you...

Except for the wind, I love it. There are seasons here so that's nice to have a change from just summer and Christmas. Plus there are plenty of Texas people here, so it's not like I'm away from home in that regard.

RedStorm
02-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Except for the wind, I love it. There are seasons here so that's nice to have a change from just summer and Christmas. Plus there are plenty of Texas people here, so it's not like I'm away from home in that regard.

Just dont let em brainwash you unless your already a sooner...ITS TOO LATE!

I. B. Watching
02-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Just dont let em brainwash you unless your already a sooner...ITS TOO LATE!
I think he has stepped out of the darkness and has seen the light:)

cshscougar08
02-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
I think he has stepped out of the darkness and has seen the light:)

True story. I honestly can't picture myself being anywhere else right now. So much good has happened for me personally since I got here. Such a blessing.

LionKing
02-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I didn't see this game, but I'm obviously surprised that UT was able to win this one. I haven't read anything about the game yet at all, but exactly how much of that game did Grifffin miss? Why are you surprised?, even Digger Phelps (who has never been a texas lean) has stated that Texas is good enough to be an Elite 8 team, even though they've been slumping lately, most people who follow college basketball weren't surprised either by the Texas win, the surprise was I thought OU would win even without Blake.

cshscougar08
02-23-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm not surprised at all that Texas finally came to play. That's the way they were supposed to be playing all year. The lack of a point guard has been very evident. However, Balbay I thought did a good job of running it for them Saturday. They are in for sure now.

I. B. Watching
02-23-2009, 11:03 PM
I have to admit that I thought with or without Blake OU would have a tough time winning in Austin. That's not an easy place for an opposing team to get a win