PDA

View Full Version : NFL Combine on NFL Network

Rabid Cougar
02-21-2009, 06:14 PM
A ray of light during a non-football period of the year. Some of thse guys are freaks!

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Watch for Benard Scott (RB) Abilene Christian University. He is a Vernon product. His best attribute is vision and that is not too measurable at the combine. Anyway, I hope he does good this weekend.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-22-2009, 01:58 PM
RB's are up next of NFL network. 1:00 pm on Sunday. Watch for Scott. Hopefully he will do good. He was never a burner though, eduqute speed but not jet fast.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
RB's are up next of NFL network. 1:00 pm on Sunday. Watch for Scott. Hopefully he will do good. He was never a burner though, eduqute speed but not jet fast.

I guess I should re-phrase Scott is plenty fast and smoked people while in high school while at Vernon and while at ACU. Just not sure how he lines up with other NFL talent. I hope he does well.

Electus Unus
02-22-2009, 02:14 PM
what number is he wearing?

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-22-2009, 02:25 PM

Emerson1
02-22-2009, 02:29 PM
http://www.nfl.com/combine/live/app?icampaign=DW_Combine_Sunday

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-22-2009, 02:32 PM

Emerson1
02-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Ran a 4.47

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-22-2009, 02:49 PM
He got a lot of talk from the commentators. When he was in high school, I knew that he was special. He was the best running back at the high school level that I have ever seen play the game. He was simply amazing. But his off the field issues are -- well terrible.

He had a game against Graham where he took a short pass went about 60 yards for a TD with no time on the clock and actually ran about 110 yards back and forth to get the 60.

Graham ended up winning that game in OT. Oh, I left Lion stadium with a stomach ache.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Scott ran 4.47 twice.

Electus Unus
02-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Stryker Sulak of Rockdale performs tomorrow with the defensive ends.

Rabid Cougar
02-22-2009, 08:30 PM
He was the best running back at the high school level that I have ever seen play the game.

I saw Eric Dickerson play in high school. A man amongst boys. He was the best High School running back I ever seen.
I then saw Bo Jackson up close and personal.

The Bo is still the best RB I ever experienced.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I saw Eric Dickerson play in high school. A man amongst boys. He was the best High School running back I ever seen.
I then saw Bo Jackson up close and personal.

The Bo is still the best RB I ever experienced.

Both of those guys were great. I watched them both on TV when they were in the league. But they are both older than I am so Rabid Cougar I guess your not a spring chicken if you watched them in high school. :) It is really neat to see these young men play at the high shool level, then follow them through college and to think that they would become an NFL player is a real treat for a fan.

Who knows maybe Bernard will get drafted by Kansas City -- I'm up here already!

injuredinmelee
02-23-2009, 12:28 AM
yeah the commentators ripped Scott pretty bad.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
yeah the commentators ripped Scott pretty bad.

I hope he has done better since being at ACU. Maybe those 5 arrets were prior to the past 2 or 3 years. With the way the leauge is now (cracking down), I suspect that he will be hard pressed to get drafted if they were recent. But like they said -- he has talent.

injuredinmelee
02-23-2009, 09:02 AM
I hope he has done better since being at ACU. Maybe those 5 arrets were prior to the past 2 or 3 years. With the way the leauge is now (cracking down), I suspect that he will be hard pressed to get drafted if they were recent. But like they said -- he has talent.
unfortunately he has had run ins with APD also as recently reported by th Abilene Reporter News. ACU did a pretty good job of keeping it hush hush.

Charlie Casserly had some good things to say about ACU's Johnny Knox.

Send_the_House
02-23-2009, 09:39 AM
4.47 at the combine is legit...

too bad almost every high school skill kid runs a 4.5 based on their coaches watches.

DDBooger
02-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Send_the_House

too bad almost every high school skill kid runs a 4.5 based on their coaches watches. So many HS times are fudged.

Did yall see what Knoshawn Moreno, Javon Ringer and Beanie Wells ran in the 40!:eek: Fastest was a 4.59.

Electus Unus
02-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Stryker Sulak ran the 5th fastest 40 among defensive linemen a 4.77

Black_Magic
02-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Send_the_House

too bad almost every high school skill kid runs a 4.5 based on their coaches watches. your right. 4.65 at the combine or with a Pro scout would mean you ran a 4.5 for your coach.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Here is the video of Scott and a few others they mention. They all said he had a great workout.

NFL Combine RB Videos (http://www.nfl.com/combine/videos/nfltotalaccess#video:09000d5d80ee1121)

Keith7
02-23-2009, 04:39 PM
I don't have NFL network and haven't been paying attention to the combine so could anyone tell me if Texas Tech's Darcel McBath has done anything yet?

Emerson1
02-23-2009, 04:49 PM
DBs don't do anything until tomorrow

Rabid Cougar
02-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Both of those guys were great. I watched them both on TV when they were in the league. But they are both older than I am so Rabid Cougar I guess your not a spring chicken if you watched them in high school. :) It is really neat to see these young men play at the high shool level, then follow them through college and to think that they would become an NFL player is a real treat for a fan.

Saw Dickerson when he was a senior at Sealy, then again as a senior at SMU. Actually played against Jackson his HT season in the Cotton Bowl. He was FAST! Just couldn't make that one yard one four tries though.

I would have loved to seen Bo run at the Combine.

3AFootballfan
02-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Hey Z Motion I don't know how long you've been watching Vernon Lion football but I recall a player name Derrick Richardson that finished his junior and senior year at Vernon with 76 TD's and a state championship. He could fly. Much faster than Bernard but very similiar quickness. That are cousins. To bad we didn't get to see Bernard play in senior in Vernon thanks to Portwood. 32 td's his jr. year and 44 his senior year. I'm sure the Gladewater Tigers remember him.

3AFootballfan
02-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Sorry, the Gladewater Bears, not the Tigers.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by 3AFootballfan
Hey Z Motion I don't know how long you've been watching Vernon Lion football but I recall a player name Derrick Richardson that finished his junior and senior year at Vernon with 76 TD's and a state championship. He could fly. Much faster than Bernard but very similiar quickness. That are cousins. To bad we didn't get to see Bernard play in senior in Vernon thanks to Portwood. 32 td's his jr. year and 44 his senior year. I'm sure the Gladewater Tigers remember him.

My step son was a junior when Scott was a senior. I was really looking forward to a great year with Scott at RB -- then the fight and all that happened. He would have really helped us that year. We lost in the first round to Ballinger.

I watched Richardson play against SLC in Wichita Falls the year Vernon won state. Yes, he was very good -- Bernard is a chip off of the block. I hope he gets drafted.