PDA

View Full Version : SOC to forfeit '05 hoops title

3afan
02-21-2009, 10:29 AM
first '06, now '05? oh my ...

LINK (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/022109dnspohssoclede.36c49001.html)

bobcat4life
02-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Not a big shock at all. Just another example of the joke the DISD is.

I. B. Watching
02-21-2009, 04:48 PM
That's too bad. It's s shame really. Rogers must obviously be able to do the class work if he is a senior at Baylor.

martwayne
02-21-2009, 05:16 PM
makes you wonder what eles they have cheated in over the years, don't it

bobcat4life
02-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
That makes 3 state championships forfieted by DISD.

When is the last time they won it in basketball LEGALLY? Just wandering because its been like 58 years or so in football.

kaorder1999
02-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
When is the last time they won it in basketball LEGALLY? Just wandering because its been like 58 years or so in football.
i believe they won a title or two last year.

kaorder1999
02-21-2009, 09:04 PM
i may be wrong but SOC has had titles taken away and Carter did a long time ago. Isnt that it? Believe it or not there are a LOT more schools doing things right in Dallas then there are schools cheating!

kaorder1999
02-21-2009, 09:16 PM
But 3 forfieted titles in one district is still alot. Have their even been 3 non-DISD teams TOTAL that have had to forfiet titles?
Let's not forget the Roosevelt and Lincoln forfiets, as well. Those are only the ones I can think of right now. Im sure there are many more. It seems the only DISD schools doing it right are the ones who aren't winning.

No school Districts in Texas get the media attention that Dallas ISD gets also. Also not many Districts in the State of Texas with 22 High Schools. Assign Brett Shipp full time to any District outside Dallas ISD and more then likely he will dig up a bunch of stuff on them too!

JR2004
02-22-2009, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i may be wrong but SOC has had titles taken away and Carter did a long time ago. Isnt that it? Believe it or not there are a LOT more schools doing things right in Dallas then there are schools cheating!

It's kinda sad really that all the schools doing things right will get lumped in with what's going on right now at SOC and last season with Velt. Most schools are doing it right, but the minority is giving the rest of the schools a bad name.

I. B. Watching
02-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
It's kinda sad really that all the schools doing things right will get lumped in with what's going on right now at SOC and last season with Velt. Most schools are doing it right, but the minority is giving the rest of the schools a bad name.
You are correct. The majority of the schools are doing it right. I hate the fact that the entire district gets hammered because of this.

3afan
02-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by JR2004

no doubt ... but, that does not mean those who do wrong should not pay the consequences

I. B. Watching
02-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
no doubt ... but, that does not mean those who do wrong should not pay the consequences
Yep. And I'm still amazed that one of the kids is a senior at Baylor and I have not been able to find where he has had any academic suspensions there. It makes me wonder. Was he just not working in high school? If he can make it at Baylor, he should have been able to make it at SOC without any academic difficulties.

bobcat4life
02-22-2009, 10:01 PM
I spoke with a friend of mine a couple of months ago and he has interviewed for a couple of jobs teaching and one of them was with the DISD. He said that one of his friends that already worked for the DISD told him some of the unspoken rules of grading and the corruption within the district. 2/3 of the DISD schools are corrupt.

kaorder1999
02-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
2/3 of the DISD schools are corrupt.

Id have to say that is not true. Very hard to believe that 14 or 15 of the 22 HS's aren't folloing the rules.

kaorder1999
02-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Here is a list of the Head Football coaches/campus coordinators that I know personally. I know these guys are all about doing what is right!

Adamson- Gutierrez
Seagoville- Thompson
North Dallas- Hamilton
Molina- Deville
Woodrow Wilson- Estes
Hillcrest- Todd
Sunset- McAdams
Samuell- Pierce
W.T. White- Evans
Carter- Wilson

kaorder1999
02-22-2009, 10:34 PM
wanna hear my theory of why they are doing things the right way??

kaorder1999
02-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Dont have the talent, so they figure might as well do it right and lose as opposed to doing it wrong and lose?
What comes around goes around?
What is your theory, mi compadre?

i believe none of these are products of Dallas ISD. They have worked in good programs and have seen the right way to do things. Now dont get me wrong...Gilbert at SOC was a graduate at SOC and I know he does things right. But at the same time...he has worked for good programs outside of dallas. Some of these other coaches have been lifelong DISD guys

bobcat4life
02-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Here is a list of the Head Football coaches/campus coordinators that I know personally. I know these guys are all about doing what is right!

Adamson- Gutierrez
Seagoville- Thompson
North Dallas- Hamilton
Molina- Deville
Woodrow Wilson- Estes
Hillcrest- Todd
Sunset- McAdams
Samuell- Pierce
W.T. White- Evans
Carter- Wilson

I never said the coaches were invoved everytime. My friend said that there were teachers that he knew changed grades before the coaches or principal even knew and never said a thing to their superiors.

Emerson1
02-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Every single school in the state has teachers who will change grades to help students pass.

It's just these people were stupid and tried to change it after they were turned in when they could have easily done it before. Turn that 50 on a test into an 80 right away and you are good to go.

kaorder1999
02-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Every single school in the state has teachers who will change grades to help students pass.

i think you might be right

Emerson1
02-22-2009, 11:30 PM
i think you might be right
Except Celina of course :rolleyes:

PHS Wildcats
02-23-2009, 08:58 PM
I hate to say this, but my child will never go to a DISD school!!