PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Texas Football Recruit updates!

Pages : [1] 2

Phil C
02-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Texas just signed a great recruiting class and have already got off to a great start on the 2010 recruits. Please bear in mind these are verbals and are not final until signing day which will be Feb. 3, 2010 (Wednesday) but Texas football players nearly always honor their verbals. Bear in mind that earlier this month there was a junior day when players were looked at and some offered a scholarship right away and another junior day coming on the 28th of Feb.
The following recruits have already verbaled and they are all considered outstanding recruits.

1. Trey Hopkins, OL, Glena Park North Shore. He was the first one to verbal. Texas was in good shape at OL but he was anxious to be the first and not let this offer get away.

2. John Harris, WR, Garland Naaman Forest.

3. Taylor Bible, DT, Denton Guyer

4. Case McCoy, QB, Graham. Colt's younger brother. The Aggies were very much interested in him.

5. De'Aires Cotton, DT, Alief Taylor

6. Darius Terrell, WR, DeSoto

7. Adrian Phillips, athlete, Garland

8. Tevin Jackson, LB, Garland

9. Ahmad Dixon, safety, Waco Midway

10. Aaron Benson, linebacker, Cedar Hill

11. Connor Wood, QB, Houston Second Baptist - a major and pleasant surprise.

These are 11 so far. There will be more soon no doubt. I think that the Longhorns will take 20 - 22 prospect in this class maybe a couple of more if they get some very highly rated ones near the end. We will see. But this class will probably be another great one for UT.

BwdLions
02-19-2009, 05:17 PM
I was really happy to see the Horns get a commitment from Conner Wood. I was afraid he was going to end up in Norman.

Phil C
02-19-2009, 05:22 PM
The Longhorns have got several offers out and some interest in others that I have heard about. They have offered the following Texas prospects.

Jeckson Jeffcoat, DE, Plano West. I would love to get him at UT.
Lache Seastrunk, RB, Temple. I would love to get him too. We need at least one good RB in this class in my opinion.
Jake Matthews, OT, Fort Bend Elkins. An OT but too good to pass up if he wants to come to UT.
Reggie Wilson, DE, Haltom. Another great DE.
Corey Nelson, OLB, Dallas Skyline
Darius White, WR, Fort Worth Dunbar
Adrian White, CB, DeSoto - DeSoto has several great prospects this year.
Carrington Byndom, CB, Lufkin

Some out of state prospects are:

Demarco Cobbs, WR, Oklahoma. It is said he is interested in coming to UT but competition is rough. This is a longshot but we might out to hold an offer for him because he is considered the No. 1 recruit in Oklahoma.
Trevon Reed, WR, Louisiana. He is No. 1 recruit in Louisiana but he is probably also a longshot even though he has expressed interest in UT.
Jordan Hicks, LB, Ohio I would like to get this one and he has expressed interest in coming south but as time goes on I look for this one to become a longshot.

Overall we have some good out of state prospects but if they don't commit verbally soon I think we are best to recruit Texas players that want to come to UT.

Phil C
02-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I was really happy to see the Horns get a commitment from Conner Wood. I was afraid he was going to end up in Norman.

Bwd I have heard that he chose Texas not only because of the great football program but that he is interested in studying engineering and he liked the UT engineering school. But that is second hand information.

Phil C
02-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Another recruit coming to the next UT junior day is Nick Montana (The great QB Joe Montana's son) of California. We are probably already full at QB and he seems to be interested more in Stanford and the University of California but still it is great that he comes here. This is probably more of a great PR type thing in which it is hoped he will go to CA and give a glowing report about the UT facilities, coaches and Austin.

Phil C
02-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Texas just got another vebal from CB Carrington Byndom who is from Lufkin. This is great news not just because he is a very good DB but that we are getting someone from this area. This is No. 12 so far this year.

Some good news for our Aggie friends is that they have a committment from QB Jameill Showers of Killeen and he should be a good one for them.

Electus Unus
02-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Phil C, I hope we land Wilson, Jeffcoat, and Jordan Hicks. Hicks is the linebacker from Ohio who is supposedly high on Texas.

LionKing
02-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Another recruit coming to the next UT junior day is Nick Montana (The great QB Joe Montana's son) of California. We are probably already full at QB and he seems to be interested more in Stanford and the University of California but still it is great that he comes here. This is probably more of a great PR type thing in which it is hoped he will go to CA and give a glowing report about the UT facilities, coaches and Austin. Phil C, Nick Montana visited Austin the day Conner Wood gave his committment to Texas, so I'm pretty sure he won't be in for the Jr. day on the 28th, it was cool though that he did visit and check out Texas.

Phil C
02-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Phil C, I hope we land Wilson, Jeffcoat, and Jordan Hicks. Hicks is the linebacker from Ohio who is supposedly high on Texas.

Those would be good ones to get. I understand they all have offers so it is up to them.
There is another junior day at UT this weekend and still some outstanding visitors coming. One is Jake Matthews and he has already been offered. If he accepts then we are probably through at Offensive Linemen for the year. Another is the top WR from Oklahoma DeMarco Cobbs who seems to be very interested in us but we will have to see what happens with him. Also RB Traylon Snead RB from Cayuga is coming and he is expected to be offered since we don't know what Lache Seastrunk is going to do. One that might get one is DT Cedric Steward who is probably going to be evaluated. It is said that he weights 290 pounds already but that he is very explosive off the ball.

Electus Unus
02-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Those would be good ones to get. I understand they all have offers so it is up to them.
There is another junior day at UT this weekend and still some outstanding visitors coming. One is Jake Matthews and he has already been offered. If he accepts then we are probably through at Offensive Linemen for the year. Another is the top WR from Oklahoma DeMarco Cobbs who seems to be very interested in us but we will have to see what happens with him. Also RB Traylon Snead RB from Cayuga is coming and he is expected to be offered since we don't know what Lache Seastrunk is going to do. One that might get one is DT Cedric Steward who is probably going to be evaluated. It is said that he weights 290 pounds already but that he is very explosive off the ball. Wouldn't that be exciting if we could go into Oklahoma and get their best prospect for the 2010 class? Very spiteful indeed. :D

Phil C
02-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Wouldn't that be exciting if we could go into Oklahoma and get their best prospect for the 2010 class? Very spiteful indeed. :D

Indeed! Ironic justice. :)

Electus regarding Carrington I just read where he had offers from LSU, Oklahoma and Arkansas plus Stanford. I read where he is an excellent student which explains the offer from Stanford as was pointed out on another web site.

JR2004
02-24-2009, 04:30 PM
The Horns would do well to get Darius White. Even by UT standards he's a freakish athlete. I'm fairly certain after sitting with his dad on Saturday at the Dunbar-Madison basketball game that UT is at the top of his list. :)

Electus Unus
02-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
The Horns would do well to get Darius White. Even by UT standards he's a freakish athlete. I'm fairly certain after sitting with his dad on Saturday at the Dunbar-Madison basketball game that UT is at the top of his list. :) Well it is rumored that Darius White is a silent commit already JR.

JR2004
02-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Well it is rumored that Darius White is a silent commit already JR.

Yes, yes he is a silent commit. His dad isn't too silent about it though. Pretty funny guy that we we all had fun going back and forth with the entire game. He reminded us many, many times that his son is going to be Longhorn. :)

WildTexan972
02-24-2009, 04:42 PM
so this is NOT a college thread and is all about 3A sports?

is this not 1 of those "we have rules but they don't apply unless we apply them " situations?

kepdawg
02-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972

is this not 1 of those "we have rules but they don't apply unless we apply them " situations?

There is no rule against college threads.

JR2004
02-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
There is no rule against college threads.

The person you are quoting wasn't around most of football season after their insensitive racist remarks regarding the town of a Celina opponent. The person probably doesn't know that there are now no problem with college threads.

Phil C
02-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Well it is rumored that Darius White is a silent commit already JR.

That is what I have heard Electus. I know for sure he has been offered by UT. Also I look for us to offer Demarco Cobbs who I mentioned earlier. He is a WR and even though we are in good shape at that position he is one of those that you have to offer because he is considered that good.

Phil C
02-25-2009, 10:05 AM
One thing I heard that the UT coaches are going to do this weekend is look closely at San Antonio LB Kris Catlin. They have several offers to LBs including Jordan Hicks and others but if Kris can have a good spring day and impress the coaches enough he may get an offer. He has good size for the position but is not as fast as some of the others but still he might impress as mentioned. The thing is that if he is offered he is probably a sure thing because the word is that he likes UT and will probably commit right away. Good luck Kris.

Phil C
02-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Word also is that Dominic Espinosa a top OL from Cedar Park will be coming to Junior Day this weekend in Austin. He has offers from LSU, Stanford, and Tennessee. But he seems really interested in being a Horn and called Coach Brown to ask if he can come. If he impresses I look for him to get an offer and for him to accept right away. I know we don't have many spots open especially on the OL position where we are loaded but for a kid to really want to come here that bad is a big plus with the coaches. Good luck Dominic.

Phil C
03-01-2009, 01:12 PM
We now have some more that have verbaled. They are:

13. Dominic Espinosa, OL, Cedar Park. He is a good one and really wanted to come to Texas. He called Coach Brown and expressed his desire. I think he is going to be a good one.

14. Traylon Shead, RB, Cayuga. A good prospect. He was willing to verbal so we had to offer.

15. Bryant Jackson, DB, Sulphur Springs. Another good one.

16. Greg Daniels, DE, Houston. He is considered a good one even though he hasn't received the publicity he deserves. This one could be a steal.

17. Chris Jones, WR, Daingerfield. Another good WR that we are fortunate to get.

As you would suspect this class is filling up fast now so other recruits that have offers should commit if they want to come to UT. I think we will have about 22 in this class. I think we will leave a few open in case some top ones like RB Lache Seastrunk (rumor is he is going to USC or LSU which is probably why Shead was grabbed), Jordan Hicks, LB, Ohio who is interested in coming here but I am not sure. He will be a great one and you hold out a scholarship for him also. DeMarcus Cobbs, WR from Oklahoma who has expressed interest in coming to UT. He is a good one and one you have to also have a scholarship available if he decides to come here. We have a fair chance at him but the longer he waits the less chance we have in my opinion.

Phil C
03-01-2009, 07:06 PM
We got two more and they are:

18. Ross Apo, WR, Arlington This is a pleasant surprise. We are loaded at WR this year. He had offers from Oklahoma and BYU. I think we may hold an offer for Cobbs which I think now is slim. We are probably through at recruiting for WR unless Cobbs wants to come. Awesome.

19. Ashton Dorsey, DT, Tyler This is a great pickup too and one I didn't expect. We are probably finished at DT for this year.

This class is filling up fast and already it is outstanding once again. This will be a great class even if we don't get anyone else. I don't expect to there will now be more than 2 or 3 more unless a top recruit decides to come here but for most of them the door is slaming shut fast.

Phil C
03-02-2009, 04:53 PM
A review and updated comments on the ones we have still offered. The class is filling up and is already an outstanding one even if we don't get anymore but we still have offers to the following:

RB Lache Seastrunk of Temple - I really would like to get him but have a feeling he will be going to USC or LSU. But I feel we still have a chance and maybe he may decide to come here to be close to home. I hope so.

WR Demarco Cobbs of Oklahoma, Trovon Reed of Louisiana and Darious White of Fort Worth. I don't know if we are going to get either one of the three. I become more doubtful as time goes by. Demarco is one you save for regardless how late he decides. We are loaded that position so I have my doubts we will take more than one more this year.

OL Jake Matthews of Missouri City. I would love to get him as he is a good one but he is probably a USC lean and also perhaps A&M.

LB Jordan Hicks of Ohio and Corey Nelson of Dallas. Hicks has us listed as high interest but as time goes by I have my doubts. Ohio State and LSU have gained ground. Corey Nelson seems to be leaning toward Oklahoma now. These are starting to be longshots to me even I wouldn't mind being wrong.

DE Jackson Jeffcoat of Plano and Reggie Wilson of Halton City. Both are great. Jackson appears to be USC bound while Nelson appears to be an Oklahoma lean. I would love to get one of them though.

DB Adrian White of Desoto. We are loaded at DB but we will probably take him if he decides soon. He is highly thought of.

I am hoping we can get maybe at least 3 of the above recruits before it is over. We will see. Regardless as I have said this is an awesome class for Texas. I don't expect to get any more comittments for a while now.

Phil C
03-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Another one that has an offer is DT Torrea Peterson of San Antonio who was offered after the last junior day. This was a surprise and he must have impressed the coaches. I don't know our chances though. He has offers from Oklahoma and Auburn also.

WestTxschwab
03-04-2009, 12:59 AM
The ags interested in Case McCoy? ummmm, no.

Electus Unus
03-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by WestTxschwab
The ags interested in Case McCoy? ummmm, no. The aggies thought McCoy or Woods were locks to them. More Woods than McCoy. When those two committed to Texas they then put all their marbles on Jameill Showers and pretended they were not that interested in either of the Texas committs and said Shower's was better than both

Phil C
03-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
These two are class of '09. Not sure how they ended up on the list.

You may be right Ernest and the list below may have errors. See below and move over to No. 11 and then 19.

http://www.statesman.com/news/mediahub/media/slideshow/index.jsp?tId=144886

Phil C
03-04-2009, 09:21 AM
The aggies thought McCoy or Woods were locks to them. More Woods than McCoy. When those two committed to Texas they then put all their marbles on Jameill Showers and pretended they were not that interested in either of the Texas committs and said Shower's was better than both

Electus I think also Oklahoma had high hopes of getting Woods. It was a major surprise when he chose Texas or at least to me it was.

Phil C
03-04-2009, 09:26 AM
I think Mr. Peterson will need to make up his mind soon. I don't see Texas holding out an offer indefinitely for him like some of the other big timers that they have a chance maybe slim for. I mean like Cobbs, Lache and Hicks.

WestTxschwab
03-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Showers committed way before McCoy did to texas.. like months. McCoy went on alot of trips with his family to college station. He wasn't that heavily sought after, he's a good athlete don't take me wrong, he has upside.

formercougar18
03-05-2009, 12:04 AM
UT won't get Lache Seastrunk. People are saying he's the next Reggie Bush, and maybe the top running back recruit of this class in the nation. I saw him at LSU camp and he's ridiculous. Just a crazy athlete. LSU would even be lucky to get him, the only reason i can see him coming to UT is to stay close to home, but he's got offers from Florida and USC. if he goes to wherever he thinks he will win a championship, then it will probably be florida or usc, because sc always has a cakewalk, but they tend to always slip up against one team, but the negative of usc is theres joe mcknight and two other backs in front. But you never kno, i would love to see him stay in texas

Electus Unus
03-05-2009, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by formercougar18
UT won't get Lache Seastrunk. People are saying he's the next Reggie Bush, and maybe the top running back recruit of this class in the nation. I saw him at LSU camp and he's ridiculous. Just a crazy athlete. LSU would even be lucky to get him, the only reason i can see him coming to UT is to stay close to home, but he's got offers from Florida and USC. if he goes to wherever he thinks he will win a championship, then it will probably be florida or usc, because sc always has a cakewalk, but they tend to always slip up against one team, but the negative of usc is theres joe mcknight and two other backs in front. But you never kno, i would love to see him stay in texas From everything I have heard including people close to him he will either attend Texas or LSU. My heart says I want him to come to UT but my head is telling me he will end up at LSU.

Phil C
03-05-2009, 10:20 AM
I agree Electus that he will probably end up at LSU or USC. The longer he waits the slimmer our chances are in my opinion. I am thinking that is why we offered Traylon Shead. Still he would be a good one to get. I don't think he would regret coming to UT with the great way we have been recruiting and getting outstanding OL to block for him.

Phil C
03-11-2009, 02:56 PM

:( I am so ashamed.

Phil C
03-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Update as of 3-11-09. We still have the following offers out as far as I know.

Corey Nelson, LB, Dallas
Darius White, WR, Dunbar
Lache Seastrunk, RB, Temple
Jake Jeffcoat, DE, Plano West
Reggie Wilson, DE, Haltom
Adrian White, DB, DeSota
Jake Matthews, OL, Missouri City
Trovon Reed, WR, Louisiana
DeMarco Cobbs, WR or ATH, Oklahoma
Jordan Hicks, LB, Ohio

I expect Adrian White to verbal to us at the end of this week. Also I think Reggie Wilson is leaning toward us. It is between us and TCU and maybe Oklahoma. We will see.
I don't think we will get Cobbs because he was waiting on an offer from USC and I think now that he got it he will go there. I think rumors of a UT lean were not completely accurate.
I would love to get Corey Nelson or Jordan Hicks as linebacker. Probably when one finally chooses us (if it happens) the other probably won't come. Jordan Hicks is going to be a great one and you accept him no matter what. He still has Texas high on his list but you never know.
Jake Matthews is a strong possibility. It is between us, the Aggies, and USC. He may lean toward the Aggies since his father recently became a coach at the Texans where Aggie influence is high.
I have high hopes that maybe we will get Darius White.
I am not sure about Jackson Jeffcoat. He seemed to be a USC lean but I will be happy with Reggie Wilson.
Lache Seastrunk is one I would also love to get. He is going to be a good one. He was leaning toward USC but since Austin is closer to home I think we have a shot. Besides USC has already recruited two of the top RBs in the nation. He is also interested in LSU who is also recruiting other top RBs in the country. If LSU can land one or two of them I think we have a good chance to get him. Otherwise it is 50 - 50.

Electus Unus
03-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Phil C rivals is reporting that Mack Brown will not be at Texas next year! :eek: :eek:

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=87350&Sport=1

Phil C
03-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Phil C rivals is reporting that Mack Brown will not be at Texas next year! :eek: :eek:

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=87350&Sport=1

:eek: :(

Phil C
03-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Adrian White the CB from DeSoto is expected to announce in a few minutes. The possible schools besides Texas are Notre Dame, Oklahoma, USC and Florida.
Suspense indeed!

Phil C
03-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Adrian White announces for Texas!!!
This is No. 20 for UT on 2010 football recruits.

Great news indeed!

BwdLions
03-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Adrian White announces for Texas!!!
This is No. 20 for UT on 2010 football recruits.

Great news indeed!

That is great. What a class Texas has for 2010 (already).

Phil C
03-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Jordan Hicks did great at the Cincinnatti combine. He has listed Texas high as his school of interest. He also liked Florida and even though Ohio State is not optimistic about getting him they are going to give it a try. I hope we can get this one.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3982245

Phil C
03-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Here is another update on the offers outstanding as of 3-16-09 and my current opinion on them which can change fast from day to day of course. Nearly all of them are ones that you take regardless if they choose you because they are that good. UT has 20 out of 25 available but there are some ways that I am not familiar with that schools sometimes offer more like USC and Alabama have done in the past. Also of have heard that we have until August of 2010 to make room if needed. Of course I don't expect us to get more than 5 of them anyway but I would love to be wrong of course.

1. Corey Nelson, LB, Dallas, Probably low. I have heard his interest here is not high. He may be OK or Nebraska bound.

2. Darius White, WR, Fort Worth. Good. I think he may be the next one to announce. I think our chances are excellent and he is a good one.

3. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Temple. Even chance between us and LSU. I am hoping being close to home wins out. USC is a possibilit but with USC getting other top RBs I think his chances of playing here are better. LSU is looking at other top RBs and if the get one or two that would probably increase our chances. He is going to be great and would be a good one to get.

4. Jackson Jeffcoat, Strongside DE, Fair. We will have to wait on this one. He is very good also of course.

5. Reggie Wilson, Weakside DE, Haltom City, Very good. In fact he may announce before Mr. White. I would love to get him.

6. Jake Matthews, OT, Missouri City. Fair. He seems to not want to get too far from home but he may decide on the Aggies. This is one that could go either way.

7. Torrea Petterson, DT, San Antonio. He has impressed schools and has several offers. If he waits too long he might lose his chance at Texas expecially if some of the others verbally commit.

The three Out of State Recruits:

8. DeMarco Cobbs, Athlete or WR, Tulsa, OK. You take this one if he decides to come no matter what. I think our chances are low even though early he seemed interested in UT. Word is that he later decided he wanted an offer from USC and got it. That is probably where he is going. I would love to have him but we are loaded at WR regardless especially if we get D. White.

9. Trovon Reed, WR, LA Low. He seems to be an LSU lean which is in his home state. I don't think we got a shot at this one even though he is a good player.

10. Jordan Hicks, Outside LB, Ohio. Good. He has high interest at Texas but I expect Ohio State, Florida and USC to make a push. This is still going to be a close one but I still think as of right now that I chances are still good. He is definitely one you take if he wants to come.

Phil C
03-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Right now I think that basically UT's recruiting is over unless some big name recruit expresses interest. Otherwise I don't expect any more offers. No matter what happens this is going to be a great class but it can be greater if we can get just a few of these others to come here.
Basically UT has probably already started looking at 2011 players even though I am sure they are going to still be actively recruiting the 2010 recruits also.

LH Panther Mom
03-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Right now I think that basically UT's recruiting is over unless some big name recruit expresses interest. Otherwise I don't expect any more offers. No matter what happens this is going to be a great class but it can be greater if we can get just a few of these others to come here.
Basically UT has probably already started looking at 2011 players even though I am sure they are going to still be actively recruiting the 2010 recruits also.
If some "big name" expresses interest, it's highly possible that one or more of the verbals get dropped like a hot potato. ;)

Phil C
03-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If some "big name" expresses interest, it's highly possible that one or more of the verbals get dropped like a hot potato. ;)

Actually I have never heard of Coach Brown doing that even though some schools have. Coach Brown has the reputaion of honoring scholarships as long as they honor their verbals. Emmanuel Moody was dropped because he listened to his Uncle after his verbal and visited USC. This is a violation of the agreement with Coach Brown so he was dropped. He didn't make it at USC and is now at Florida where he is not a starter.

BwdLions
03-17-2009, 09:13 AM
Mack Brown does not work that way. He has very good relationships not only with the players he recruits but their coaches. He's worked hard to get where he is and he's not about to ruin his reputation by pulling an offer. Once a player gets an offer (and commits), you're in unless you (as a player) choose to decommit.

Phil C
03-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Also based on past results we will be extremely lucky if we get at least 3 of them. Any more would be great fortune indeed.

LH Panther Mom
03-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Actually I have never heard of Coach Brown doing that even though some schools have. Coach Brown has the reputaion of honoring scholarships as long as they honor their verbals. Emmanuel Moody was dropped because he listened to his Uncle after his verbal and visited USC. This is a violation of the agreement with Coach Brown so he was dropped. He didn't make it at USC and is now at Florida where he is not a starter.
Oh, I'm sure he doesn't! But when scholarship caps are reached, there aren't any more "big names" offered in a certain class.

Phil C
03-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oh, I'm sure he doesn't! But when scholarship caps are reached, there aren't any more "big names" offered in a certain class.

I agree there. The only very rare exception is if you find someone you think has been overlooked and will do good or if another big name from out of state expresses a strong desire to come. But these very seldom occur. Probably UT has concluded its' offers for this year.

Phil C
03-19-2009, 04:27 PM
The rumor out of Austin today is that Reggie Wilson visited the campus. Of course that doesn't mean he is going to commit right away though.

Phil C
03-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Now the rumor is that Reggie Wilson will commit to us at a press conference next week. Good news indeed.

I also think Darius White will commit to us within the next 5 to 6 weeks.

If so that gives us 22 for this class. We might make it 3 more for this class. It is awesome just like last year's. Good news indeed!

Phil C
03-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Another top recruit is WR DeAndrew White of Galena Park. He has offers from Alabama, Florida, Houston, Kansas, LSU, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and SMU. Texas has not offered but they are interested. UT is loaded at receivers though so they may not be able to offer him one especially since Darius White seems to be interested. We will see. UT just may not have the scholarships available now.

TexasHSFootball
03-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Now the rumor is that Reggie Wilson will commit to us at a press conference next week. Good news indeed.

I also think Darius White will commit to us within the next 5 to 6 weeks.

If so that gives us 22 for this class. We might make it 3 more for this class. It is awesome just like last year's. Good news indeed!

That rumor on Reggie Wilson is true. Longhorns now have a blackjack 21 sitting on the tables.

Phil C
03-21-2009, 10:24 AM
An update as of 3-22-09. Since Reggie Wilson has committed we have 9 offers outstanding and other interests. We have 21 committed and I don't expect to have more thant 4 others since that would put us at the 25 limit number even though some schools have gone over and we did go to 27 a few years ago.
The outstanding offers are:

1. Darius White, WR, Fort Worth Dunbar. He is a good one and I expect him to commit withing about 5 weeks.

2. Corey Nelson, Outside LB, Dallas. He is good but I think our chances of getting him are low.

3. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Temple. I still think our chances are even in the long run. He seems interested in LSU but LSU has offers to other rbs and I hope they get one because that might tip it in our favor. Plus Austin is closer to Temple and his family. He is one you make room for no matter what. Plus we need one more RB.

4. Jackson Jeffcoat, Strongside DE, Plano. He is a great one but I think our chances are now slightly less than even. His twin sister is a basketball and is being recruited by Oklahoma and she likes Oklahoma. This is one I hate to lose but I don't think the odds are in our favor. I would love to be wrong. This is another one you make room for no matter what.

5. Jake Matthews, OL, Missouri. I think our chances are slight but still possible. He is a good one but we will have to see.

6. Torrea Peterson, DT, San Antonio. He has been getting offers around the country now. I now think that our chances are slightly less than fair.

Out of State Recruits

7. DeMarco Cobbs, WR, OK. He was waiting for an offer from USC and got it. I think our chances here are low.

8. Trovon Reed, WR, LA. A good one but I think our chances are low on this one too.

9. Jordan Hicks, Outside Linebacker, Ohio. He has high interest in Texas so I think we have a good chance. But look for Ohio State and others to push hard for him especially Florida and USC. Hopefully we can hold them off. Coach Muschamp is recruiting this one. He is another one you take no matter what.

Now others that could be possibilities depending on how the above work out and if they remain available. We haven't offered any of them yet. They are:

DeAndrew White, WR, Galena Park. He has several offers from other great schools. I think it is low that we offer or get him if we do because we are loaded at WR.

Evan Washington, OT, DeSoto. He is a good one and might get an offer if Matthews and other recruits don't sign. I hate to not get him but we just don't have the spots available right now. He has several offers from other schools also. Right now I rate it low but it could become good depending on what happens.

Kris Catlin, Inside Linebacker, San Antonio. He is a good one and has offers from MIssouri, Illinois, Houston and Texas Tech. He really wants to come to UT and would probably immediately accept if offered. We may offer if we get the slot but that doesn't appear likely. Still you hate to not take one that really wants to come but unfortunately slots are limited.

Phil C
03-23-2009, 04:56 PM
I am not greedy but I would love to get Darius White, Corey Nelson, Lache Seastrunk, Jackson Jeffcoat, Jake Matthews, DeMarco Cobbs and Jordan Hicks. Not that I wouldn't mind some of the others too. I know that would put us over the 25 limit but I bet they could be worked in. Other schools have done so and we did once take in 27.

Matthew328
03-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Darius White will take all of his visits before he commits....it'll be a long process....

Seastrunk is either LSU or USC bound....trust me on this one....

Jeffocat is an OU lean but could still go either way.....

Nelson will be a Sooner....too much working against UT

Phil C
03-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Darius White will take all of his visits before he commits....it'll be a long process....

Nelson will be a Sooner....too much working against UT

Matthew what are your feelings concerning Hicks, Cobbs (who I think is USC lean), and Matthews?
Probably if we don't get Seastrunk we will probably recruit RBs very extensively in the 2011 class.

Electus Unus
03-26-2009, 01:49 PM

\ What has he let you guys know to make you so sure?

Matthew328
03-26-2009, 09:24 PM
I talk to Lache about once a month...he's gonna play the process out....he changes his mind pretty often....right now Auburn is the flavor of the month but his roots are in Louisiana and that makes a strong case for LSU....not to mention he showed up at our combine decked out in LSU gear...

Darius White may decide sooner, Gerry Hamilton visited Dunbar Tues and says Darius might be close to committing to Texas

LionKing
03-26-2009, 10:50 PM

Nelson will be a Sooner....too much working against UT Matthew, from what I'm hearing, Darius White may commit to Texas the weekend of the spring game, supposidly his girlfriend will attend UT.

Lache Seastrunk will be tough to figure, I got to meet him last summer at the Brownwood 7 on 7 SQT, super polite and nice, I personally believe LSU is his leader, with Texas a close 2nd, I agree USC could be a player, but probably not.

Jeffcoat was thought to be a OU lean, but Sooner fans I know now believe Texas is probably his leader, Jeffcoat's mom really liked Texas, she went to Austin with Jackson when he went to visit Texas, but didn't attend either LSU or OU visits with him, we all know that moms usually have a big part in the decision making,good or bad, but usually good.

Matthew328
03-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Yeah Darius has changed his tune since I visted Dunbar a month ago...word around here is that he could commit this weekend...

bobcat4life
03-27-2009, 11:56 PM
I saw an OU scout up here a few months ago looking at Lavey. Im not sure of his status, but he will commit to Texas if he gets an offer.

Phil C
03-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I saw an OU scout up here a few months ago looking at Lavey. Im not sure of his status, but he will commit to Texas if he gets an offer.

Thanks for the information bob. It is too bad UT is almost full and limited but Lavey might get an offer late if some of the other offers don't work out. He has an impressive list of offers which includes Arizona, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma Texas A&M, TCU, Stanford and a few othters. That tells me has has great potential and is highly thought of. I always especially take note when they get an offer from Stanford because they have high academic standards and one has to have good grades to attend there. Someone is going to get a good one when they get him.

Matthew328
03-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Texas first choice at LB is the Hicks kid from Ohio...Corey Nelson from Skyline they'd love but just doesn't seem like it will work out....Shaun Lewis out of Hightower is too small in their opinion....the next target is Rashod Favors from Dunbar

Phil C
03-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Matthew who do you feel of the offers does UT take no matter what? I know they only have a few scholarships left but what I mean are the ones you will make room for even if they wait until national signing day to announce.

Electus Unus
03-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Phil, I heard that if Texas were to offer you....you would commit on the spot without any ifs ands or buts

Matthew328
03-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Jordan Hicks
Darius White
Jackson Jeffcoat
Lache Seastrunk

Those are the 4 Texas will wait on.

Phil C
03-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Phil, I heard that if Texas were to offer you....you would commit on the spot without any ifs ands or buts

Right you are Electus. But how did you know?

:)

Phil C
03-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Jordan Hicks
Darius White
Jackson Jeffcoat
Lache Seastrunk

Those are the 4 Texas will wait on.

I agree with that list Matthew.

Electus Unus
03-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Right you are Electus. But how did you know?

:) There are rumors floating around the 40 acres about a Bill in Sinton ;)

Phil C
03-30-2009, 08:23 AM
There are rumors floating around the 40 acres about a Bill in Sinton ;)

PhiI C
03-31-2009, 08:31 PM
An update as of 3-22-09. Since Reggie Wilson has committed we have 9 offers outstanding and other interests. We have 21 committed and I don't expect to have more thant 4 others since that would put us at the 25 limit number even though some schools have gone over and we did go to 27 a few years ago.

1. Darius White, WR, Fort Worth Dunbar. He is a good one and I expect him to commit withing about 5 weeks.

2. Corey Nelson, Outside LB, Dallas. He is good but I think our chances of getting him are low.

3. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Temple. I still think our chances are even in the long run. He seems interested in LSU but LSU has offers to other rbs and I hope they get one because that might tip it in our favor. Plus Austin is closer to Temple and his family. He is one you make room for no matter what. Plus we need one more RB.

4. Jackson Jeffcoat, Strongside DE, Plano. He is a great one but I think our chances are now slightly less than even. His twin sister is a basketball and is being recruited by Oklahoma and she likes Oklahoma. This is one I hate to lose but I don't think the odds are in our favor. I would love to be wrong. This is another one you make room for no matter what.

5. Jake Matthews, OL, Missouri. I think our chances are slight but still possible. He is a good one but we will have to see.

6. Torrea Peterson, DT, San Antonio. He has been getting offers around the country now. I now think that our chances are slightly less than fair.

Out of State Recruits

7. DeMarco Cobbs, WR, OK. He was waiting for an offer from USC and got it. I think our chances here are low.

8. Trovon Reed, WR, LA. A good one but I think our chances are low on this one too.

9. Jordan Hicks, Outside Linebacker, Ohio. He has high interest in Texas so I think we have a good chance. But look for Ohio State and others to push hard for him especially Florida and USC. Hopefully we can hold them off. Coach Muschamp is recruiting this one. He is another one you take no matter what.

Now others that could be possibilities depending on how the above work out and if they remain available. We haven't offered any of them yet. They are:

DeAndrew White, WR, Galena Park. He has several offers from other great schools. I think it is low that we offer or get him if we do because we are loaded at WR.

Evan Washington, OT, DeSoto. He is a good one and might get an offer if Matthews and other recruits don't sign. I hate to not get him but we just don't have the spots available right now. He has several offers from other schools also. Right now I rate it low but it could become good depending on what happens.

Kris Catlin, Inside Linebacker, San Antonio. He is a good one and has offers from MIssouri, Illinois, Houston and Texas Tech. He really wants to come to UT and would probably immediately accept if offered. We may offer if we get the slot but that doesn't appear likely. Still you hate to not take one that really wants to come but unfortunately slots are limited.

A current rumor is that Torrea Peterson is interested in Baylor. This could be great news for sahen!

Phil C
04-02-2009, 02:52 PM
I have heard that Darius White may committ at the UT spring game which will be this coming Sunday at 2:30 P.M. in Austin. I have also heard that Jackson Jeffcoat, Jake Matthews, and Lache Seastrunk will be there visiting. It would be great if they all committed then. That would probably close out this class except for one being left open for Jordan Hicks.

Electus Unus
04-02-2009, 03:20 PM
I have heard that Darius White may committ at the UT spring game which will be this coming Sunday at 2:30 P.M. in Austin. I have also heard that Jackson Jeffcoat, Jake Matthews, and Lache Seastrunk will be there visiting. It would be great if they all committed then. That would probably close out this class except for one being left open for Jordan Hicks. Phil...I expect Darius to commit this weekend for sure. I also think that either Jeffcoat or Matthews will commit also. I heard that Jeffcoat wants to be apart of a great defensive line class that way he isn't double teamed for 4 years.

ronwx5x
04-02-2009, 03:35 PM
PHIL C, I just noticed you have two different member information blocks. Just above this post your first says Registered Sep 2002, 19035 Posts and member #500. Your next post shows Registered Oct 2002, 3685 Posts, and member #929?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Phil C
04-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
PHIL C, I just noticed you have two different member information blocks. Just above this post your first says Registered Sep 2002, 19035 Posts and member #500. Your next post shows Registered Oct 2002, 3685 Posts, and member #929?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Right you are ron! What happened is that I post on two computers. I registered Phil C and that is the main one. I am an old man that is not too good with modern technology so when I started on the second one I didn't know how to sign on so I just registered under PhiI C. That is how I got two of them.

:rolleyes: :( :)

Phil C
04-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Right now I expect Seastrunk to go to LSU and Jake Matthews to the Aggies. I am very hopeful that we will get Darius White and Jackson Jeffcoat. I have heard that at LB that UT is starting to really recruit Corey Nelson of Dallas who is a LB because of the uncertainty of Jordan Hicks who we will no doubt take if he wants to come here. The thing is that Mr. Hicks is uncertain even though we are ranked high especially after experience we have had with out of staters such as Darrell Scott, RP, Devon Kennard and John Brantley.
If we don't get Seastrunk I look for us to really go after RBs in the 2011 class (we would have probably gone for one or two anyway) because that class is loaded with good RBs.

PPSTATEBOUND
04-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Congratulations!!

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=69060&action=login&appRedirect=http:/%2finsider.espn. go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frec ruitId%3d69060

outstanding evaluation

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4014318

rather elite group of players

Phil C
04-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Congratulations!!

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=69060&action=login&appRedirect=http:/%2finsider.espn. go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frec ruitId%3d69060

outstanding evaluation

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4014318

rather elite group of players

Thanks for sharing the infomation PPS. I will post a thread later on the 2011 players but from what I understand this class in Texas is loaded with RBs so if Texas doesn't get Mr. Seastrunk I look for them to really recruit heavily this position.

Phil C
04-05-2009, 08:54 PM

Out of State Recruits

An update today is that Inside Texas Football says that UT is now in the lead for LB Corey Nelson. This is one I would love to get especially since I don't know if we will get Mr. Hicks (and I hope we do get him). Of course things can chance daily and quickly. Just look at how I thought our chances were slim earlier. We will see.

Phil C
04-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Great news. Lake Travis WR Cadee McCrary will be coming to UT as a walk-on. He had several offers from smaller schools but for some reason the big ones weren't after him. His parents can afford to send him to UT so that still leaves a scholarship for someone else even though if he does good he will probably be given one. He was Garrett Gilbert's favorite receiver last year and he was a good one.

PhiI C
04-18-2009, 08:49 PM
No real new news now so everything is status quo basically. I know Mr. Darius White is taking visits with some of his teammates so I don't know if our chances are dropping or not. They may be because he is quoted as saying Texas isn't pursuing him as much but I don't know what more UT can do. He was invited for a visit and has been offered but it is now up to him to decide. I think he is taking visits with two of his teammates to some colleges so some school may get them as a package. The longer they take the less optimistic I am.

Phil C
05-04-2009, 11:39 AM
An update as of May 4, 2009. I have eliminated two of the final nine. One as expected is DeMarco Cobbs who just announced his top ten in no particular order: Arizona, Alabama, Auburn, LSU. Georgia, USC, Oklahoma, Florida, Florida State, and Tennessee. I give USC the edge because he was hoping and waiting on an offer from them.
Another one is Torrea Petterson who is holding off too long and I think is mainly interested in Baylor anyway.
The other 7 are:
1. Corey Nelson, LB, Dallas. I think our chances are fair with this one but competition is tough.
2. Darius White, WR, Fort Worth. I had him high but he is holding off on his committment so I now list him as fair.
3. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Temple. Most rate him as low because of his interest in Auburn recently and where is Pastor's son is coaching. The longer this one waits the better our chances are as it gets closer to time the realization he can play for a top program near his family and behind a great line will weigh on his final decision. I now give us a fair to good chance.
4. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Plano. I give us a fair chance here.
5. Jake Matthews, OL, Missouri City. I give us a fair chance.
6. Trevon Reed, WR, LA. I give us a low chance on this one
7. Jordan Hicks, OLB, Ohio. This is one I would really like to get. He has received many offers but so far we are listed as his high interest still so I am getting more optimistic about this one. I think our chances are very good on this one.

I feel that basically our recruiting is over for this class and we will probably be at or under the 25 limit when all is said and done. That will give us more scholarships for next year. We will see.
No matter what this class is still outstanding. I would really love to get some of those above though.

Phil C
05-22-2009, 04:24 PM
It was rumored for several days so it is not a surprise but Ahmad Dixon, safety from Waco Mid-Way decommitted from UT and changed to Baylor. It is not that much a surprise also because it is where he lives. Also the fact that UT has signed several great DBs may have changed his mind because of the competition. Best luck to him as long as it doesn't adversely affect UT. Good news for sahen too. :)
This frees up a scholarship for UT also. More news later.

Phil C
06-04-2009, 11:27 AM
As an update I think we now have 5 prospects left. Most still have no change but some have.

1. Corey Nelson - no change yet.
2. Darius White - no change yet.
3. Jackson Jeffcoat - no change yet.
4. Jake Matthews - no change yet.
5. Jordan Hicks, LB, Ohio - This was one I really wanted but right now I am inclined to give us 40% chance since his interest in us has changed from high to medium. Also considering our luck with out of state prospects and recent events I think this one is gone.
6. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Temple. I list our chances now as very slim because he has shown much interest in Auburn where his pastor's son is an assistant coach and it is said he is encouraging fellow recruits to look at Auburn.
7. Trevon Reed, WR, LA. I had this one as slim and I think it is now very slim.

In conclusion, Lache and Trevon and Hicks are out of the picture and of the other four hopefully we will get at least two of them. Even if not this is a great class for us and we will now have scholarships for others next year if none of the rest come to UT. We will probably get a good 2011 back next year.

Electus Unus
06-04-2009, 11:35 AM
I think I heard somewhere that Hicks is supposed to be at the summer camp starting this weekend.

Electus Unus
06-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Phil it is rumored that another scholarship has opened up because Ross Apo has changed his commitment to BYU instead of the Horns. Which is no surprise to a lot because I think he is Mormon.

sahen
06-04-2009, 12:33 PM
It was rumored for several days so it is not a surprise but Ahmad Dixon, safety from Waco Mid-Way decommitted from UT and changed to Baylor. It is not that much a surprise also because it is where he lives. Also the fact that UT has signed several great DBs may have changed his mind because of the competition. Best luck to him as long as it doesn't adversely affect UT. Good news for sahen too. :)
This frees up a scholarship for UT also. More news later.

lol Phil, i didn't read this thread til today...we are very happy about Dixon at Baylor and hope we get Peterson as well...Seastrunk has actually been to a lot of BU practices as well but our chances on him are pretty low unless if we have a phenomenal year or something (even then we won't get him most likely)....our class is looking better than i have seen it in a long time so hopefully we can keep them all commited until signing day...there are several good ones still looking at baylor, if we make a bowl this year i expect us to have a very strong class....

Phil C
06-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Phil it is rumored that another scholarship has opened up because Ross Apo has changed his commitment to BYU instead of the Horns. Which is no surprise to a lot because I think he is Mormon.

Electus I admire the Mormon Church.

Phil C
06-04-2009, 05:07 PM
I have also heard that Ross Apo is going to BYU. Bad news indeed.

I have also heard that Aaron Benson and Taylor Bible are also switching to South Dakota Teachers' College. :(

Matthew328
06-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Apo did commit to BYU today, his mom lives in California and pressue from his family and people talking in the church caused him to switch.

Phil C
06-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Apo did commit to BYU today, his mom lives in California and pressue from his family and people talking in the church caused him to switch.

Matt I admire the Mormon Church.

Phil C
06-08-2009, 02:23 PM
When I lived in Kingsville many years ago I had some neighbors who went to the Mormon church and they were great neighbors and wonderful people.

waterboy
06-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Phil, I admire the Pelican West Band at South Padre Island.

Phil C
06-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Phil, I admire the Pelican West Band at South Padre Island.

Me too waterboy. In fact I am going to South Padre Island next week and will go buy to hear this fantastic band!

Phil C
06-19-2009, 11:34 AM
An update on the 2010 class. At the recent football camp it was mostly 2011 prospects so I think our 2010 offers are final. Aaron Franklin of Marshall, OLB was offered a scholarhip though because he impressed the coaches at the camp even though he was injured his junior year and didn't play in 2008 at all. He has offers from sevral schools including Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas A&M.
A undated summary of our 2010 offers and my opinion if we get them:

1. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Plano - slim
2. Corey Neslon, LB, Dallas - low
3. Darius White, WR, Dunbar, fair to low
4. Lache Seastrunk RB, Temple - very low
5. Jake Matthews, OL, Missouri City - slightly less than fair. It is between UT and the Aggies but he seems to have more Aggie influence on his parents and himself.
6. Aaron Franklin, OLB, Marshall - good. but it is still close because he is loyal to the schools that recruited him earlier. If he stalls it out too long I will change it to fair. However he was a UT fan growing up but that doesn't always mean anything nowadays.
7. Jordan Hicks, LB, Ohio - Less than fair. His interest has changed from high to medium in us now plus his mother likes Ohio State. Plus he is from Ohio. I would have liked to have got him but I think chances are getting lower everyday.
8. Demarco Cobbs, WR, OKlahoma - low
9. Trovon Reed, WR, LA - very low
10. Torrea Petterson, DT, San Antonio - low

The word out now at linebacker that Texas has offers out for is that UT will take the first two committments between Nelson, Franklin and Hicks.
In spite of that I believe that the ones you wait for are Hicks, Matthews, Jeffcoat, and White as well as Seastruck even our prospects are low on most of them.

Stanford has offers to Jeffcoat, Nelson, Matthews, Hicks and Franklin. That to me is impressive because Stanford has high entrance requirements and that tells me that these would have little worries academically. Not that the others wouldn't be of course but with an offer from Stanford that would increase their odds of being good students.

Please let me know of any others that I overlooked or any updates or opinions that you have.

I think right now the UT coaches are starting to concentrate on the 2011 class and this class is loaded in RBs so if Lache doesn't come around which I don't think he will we will have several good prospects to go after.

Electus Unus
06-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Hicks has a scholarship reserved up until NSD. He will be recruited regardless.

Phil C
07-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Hicks has a scholarship reserved up until NSD. He will be recruited regardless.

I agree. There are several others we will wait for. As an update we can eliminate Torrea Peterson who has verbaled to Oklahoma. I had him low anyway so it isn't a surprise but I thought maybe he might go to Baylor and he might yet because he can chance his mind.

We now have the following offers. Most of the chances haven't changed since I last posted.

1. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Plano - slim.
2. Corey Nelson, LB, Dallas - low
3. Darius White, WR, Dunbar - fair to low
4. Jake Matthews, OL, Missouri City - still slightly less than fair.
5. Aaron Franklin, OLB, Marshall - good
6. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Temple - very low.
7. Jordan Hicks, LB, Ohio - less than fair
8. Demarco Cobbs, WR, Oklahoma - low
9. Trovon Reed, WR, LA - very low.

We still have 6 scholarships available to get to 25 but my guess is that we will just wait till the ones above decided and not go after any more but instead concentrate more on the 2011 recruits.

Electus Unus
07-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Take Corey Nelson off your list also. He's down to Stanford, A&M, and 0U

Phil C
07-02-2009, 04:21 PM

I hadn't heard that. Of the three it will probably be OU.

Phil C
07-13-2009, 09:33 AM

Electus you were right on here. I thought he would go to Oklahoma but I am glad he chose to go in state. We had a scoop here thanks to you.

:clap:

Phil C
07-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Right now I think UT has 8 offers on the 2010 class. If anyone knows of any new ones or any more information on the following please post. Here are the remaining 8 as I know and our chances on them. Remember this is going to be a great recruiting class for UT no matter what and if we don't get any it will give us scholarships for 2011.

1. Aaron Franklin, Marshall OLB, good.
This one is the best bet for us to get.

2. Jackson Jeffcoat, Plano DE, slightly less than fair.

3. Darius Whte, Dunbar WR, fair to low

4. Jake Matthews, Missouri City OL, fair to low

5. Jordan Hicks, Ohio LB, less than fair

The next three are rated very low

6. Lache Seastrunk, Temple Running Back

7. Demarco Cobbs, Oklahoma WR

8. Trovon Reed, Louisiana WR

Phil C
07-20-2009, 02:26 PM
I rate OL Jake Matthews low now even though UT is still being considered but he recently told ESPN that his top two schools are Texas A&M and Southern California. I give the Aggies a very slight edge between the schools but that could change.

PhiI C
07-31-2009, 10:14 PM
As I expected Jake Matthews has chosen the Aggies and this is a great pickup for them. Good luck to him.

OLB Aaron Franklin is expected to decide before the end of summer. I think UT has a good chance to get him but he does have an impressive list of offers including Stanford. I always take note when an athlete gets an offer from Stanford because that is a strong indication they are good high school students. I'm not saying that just because they don't get an offer from Stanford that they are not a good high school student but if they do it indicates to me they are.

I hope UT gets Aaron but we will see.

PhiI C
08-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Well Aaron Franklin verbaled to Oklahoma which surprised me but I guess it shouldn't have. He was another East Texas player that was a lifetime UT fan that decided to go to Oklahoma instead of Texas like Adrian Peterson.
Some good news is that Lache and Jeffcoat have said they are still interested in Texas but I still feel the chances of getting either one are slim.

It looks like we will be concentrating on 2011 players as far as recruiting goes now.

Electus Unus
08-07-2009, 11:04 PM
looks like texas needs to go all out and do EVERYTHING they can to land jordan hicks

Who are some in state linebackers that they can 'reach' for if they have to?

Matthew328
08-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Not many left on the board....maybe Shaun Lewis from Hightower?

Electus Unus
08-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Not many left on the board....maybe Shaun Lewis from Hightower? Yeah I was just looking at the rivals database.

PhiI C
08-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Not many left on the board....maybe Shaun Lewis from Hightower?

Shaun would probably be a good one. He has a list of impressive offers but I would wonder if he would be seriously interested in getting a late offer from us. Unless he expressed interest I would rate our chances as low to get him.

PhiI C
08-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Then there were six. The six offers that I know of now are

1. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Plano. He has expressed interest in us but I still rate our chances as fair to low.
2. Darius White, WR, Dunbar. Still fair to low.
3. Lache Seastrunk,RB, Temple. He has expressed recent interest in us lately but I still rate our chances as low.
4. Jordon Hicks, LB, Ohio, Less than fair. I really would like to get this one but as time goes on I have doubts.
5. Damarco Cobbs, WR, Oklahoma. Very low.
6. Trovon Reed, WR, LA. Very low. Probably he and Cobbs shouldn't be on the list but they still have offers from us.

One recruiting source has moved Jeffcoat to No. 1 as the top recruit. He is a good one that I would love to get but these ratings must be taken with a grain of salt. I have watched them for years and usually the ones who don't commit until late get moved up as time goes on. I think it is just an interest stirring up type of thing.

It has been rumored that Ahmod Dixon who has a soft verbal to Baylor has had second thoughts and wants to commit to us again. I don't believe it though. It has no proof and even so his interest in us is listed as low and I feel that probably our interest is low in him too at this point and time.

We still have 6 scholarships available and if we could land a couple of them above it would be great. If not we still have a great class coming in. Of course nothing is official until you get the signatures in on national signing day in February.

My guess is now we will wait on the recruits to decide. As I have written before I think we are concentrating on players in the 2011 class. We may give out more offers but I doubt that we will give out too many because most athletes probably feel snubbed if they don't get offers in early.

More updates later.

WildTexan972
08-08-2009, 09:50 AM
nutless steers are for bar-b-que not for mascots....

did that baby poop on your shirt again? that gross crap colored orange is all over it

Electus Unus
08-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Then there were six. The six offers that I know of now are

1. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Plano. He has expressed interest in us but I still rate our chances as fair to low.
2. Darius White, WR, Dunbar. Still fair to low.
3. Lache Seastrunk,RB, Temple. He has expressed recent interest in us lately but I still rate our chances as low.
4. Jordon Hicks, LB, Ohio, Less than fair. I really would like to get this one but as time goes on I have doubts.
5. Damarco Cobbs, WR, Oklahoma. Very low.
6. Trovon Reed, WR, LA. Very low. Probably he and Cobbs shouldn't be on the list but they still have offers from us.

One recruiting source has moved Jeffcoat to No. 1 as the top recruit. He is a good one that I would love to get but these ratings must be taken with a grain of salt. I have watched them for years and usually the ones who don't commit until late get moved up as time goes on. I think it is just an interest stirring up type of thing.

It has been rumored that Ahmod Dixon who has a soft verbal to Baylor has had second thoughts and wants to commit to us again. I don't believe it though. It has no proof and even so his interest in us is listed as low and I feel that probably our interest is low in him too at this point and time.

We still have 6 scholarships available and if we could land a couple of them above it would be great. If not we still have a great class coming in. Of course nothing is official until you get the signatures in on national signing day in February.

My guess is now we will wait on the recruits to decide. As I have written before I think we are concentrating on players in the 2011 class. We may give out more offers but I doubt that we will give out too many because most athletes probably feel snubbed if they don't get offers in early.

More updates later. perhaps we throw offers out to some out of state recruits

JasperDog94
08-08-2009, 04:13 PM

did that baby poop on your shirt again? that gross crap colored orange is all over it I thought you had to have your parent's permission to join the downlow if you weren't at least 13 years old...

Phil C
08-16-2009, 08:09 PM
As expected DeMarco Cobbs has eliminated UT. I knew that was coming. He still has several schools he is interested in including Oklahoma and LSU.

Phil C
08-16-2009, 08:15 PM
The updated offer list with those interested are below. If you know of any others please let me know.

1. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Plano West - I still rate the chances fair to low.

2. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Temple - I still rate the chances low.

3. Darius White, WR, Fort Worth Dunbar - I still rate the chances fair to low. He seems to have come down between Oklahoma and UT but the slight edge right now is to Oklahoma.

4. Jordan Hicks, LB, Ohio - I still rate it fair to low because of the out of state factor but you never know.

5. Trovon Reed, WR, Louisiana - He has recently said he is still interested in UT but he has had positive visits with Auburn. I rate our chances still at very low.

6. DeAndrew White, WR, G.Park North Shore - This must be a recent offer. I don't know what our chances are but maybe someone can help.

In conclusion we are going to have a great class but if we could get one or more of the above so much the better. With the lack of debt at tight end I wish we could sign one or get a junior college transfer. Also of course since Jake Matthews is going to A&M as expected we could use maybe one more OL but we may wait for the 2011 classes to address these needs.

Phil C
08-16-2009, 08:17 PM

did that baby poop on your shirt again? that gross crap colored orange is all over it

You are a little out of order there WildTexan972 as well as insulting. That is just my opinion which probably isn't worth much but you could have been a little more tactful in your opinion.

Electus Unus
08-16-2009, 08:38 PM
As expected DeMarco Cobbs has eliminated UT. I knew that was coming. He still has several schools he is interested in including Oklahoma and LSU. Word on the streets is he has fizzled off on recruiting boards because of his performances this sumer.

Phil C
09-14-2009, 04:22 PM
It is official now. DeMarco Cobbs verballed to Tennessee.

shamu85
09-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Verbaled? Is that a new word? Are we non-verbalers when we are on a message board?:D

Phil C
09-14-2009, 04:33 PM
The updated offer list with those interested are below. If you know of any others please let me know.

3. Darius White, WR, Fort Worth Dunbar - I still rate the chances fair to low. He seems to have come down between Oklahoma and UT but the slight edge right now is to Oklahoma.

4. Jordan Hicks, LB, Ohio - I still rate it fair to low because of the out of state factor but you never know.

5. Trovon Reed, WR, Louisiana - He has recently said he is still interested in UT but he has had positive visits with Auburn. I rate our chances still at very low.

6. DeAndrew White, WR, G.Park North Shore - This must be a recent offer. I don't know what our chances are but maybe someone can help.

In conclusion we are going to have a great class but if we could get one or more of the above so much the better. With the lack of debt at tight end I wish we could sign one or get a junior college transfer. Also of course since Jake Matthews is going to A&M as expected we could use maybe one more OL but we may wait for the 2011 classes to address these needs.

As an update above on No. 1 I still rate our chances fair to low with the edge going to low since his father is an assistant coach at Houston and they are having great success there. No change on the others except for DeAndrew White who now does not have an offer and I don't know why. He still has interest at UT but no offer now.

Matthew328
09-14-2009, 04:55 PM
If Darius White goes to OU as expected look for DeAndrew White to get the offer

Old Tiger
09-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Jackson Jeffcoat will be taking his official visit to Texas this weekend.

Phil C
09-23-2009, 01:43 PM

DeAndrew White has been offered according to ESPN. I don't know enough what is going on to reach any conclusions. I don't know if we have given up on Darius or not. Also it was unfortunate but I Jeffcoat didn't get to make the Texas Tech game. As far as I know these are the only six offers. What I am affraid of is that we may have offered DeAndrew too late but he has expressed interest in Texas but he has a lot of offers.

Phil C
09-23-2009, 02:46 PM
We still have an outstanding offer to Trovon Reed but I still think our chances are very low. Currently he has college interest at high for Auburn, LSU, and Florida. The rest including Texas is rated none.

Phil C
10-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Then there were 5 again. DeAndrew White verbaled to Alabama. This isn't a big surprise because late offers generally don't work out with recruits.
Below is an update on the ones that still have offers and what our chances are now:

1. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Plano West - I rate our chances as low.
2. Darius White, WR, Fort Worth Dunbar - I rate our chances as slightly less than fair to low.
3. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Temple - I rate our chances as low.
4. Jordan Hicks, LB, Ohio - I rate our chances as slightly less than fair to low.
5. Trovon Reed, WR, Louisiana - I rate our chances to very low to none at all. I am only listing him because he has an offer but he already has expressed that he has no interest in us.

This is still going to be an outstanding class and if we can get one or two of the above so much the better. Needless to say from experience the longer it takes the less optimistic I am with regards to past experiences. But we can use the scholarships for our 2011 prospects however. I wish we could get a kicker like Russell Erxleban. He was a great kicker and he could punt, kick field goals and extra points and kickoff very well.

PhiI C
10-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Number 20

DeMarco Cobbs (wr) of Oklahoma has switched her verbal committment from Tennessee to Texas. This is a pleasant surprise indeed but I will not be completely satisfied until we get his name of the dotted line in February.

PhiI C
10-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Then there were 5 again. DeAndrew White verbaled to Alabama. This isn't a big surprise because late offers generally don't work out with recruits.
Below is an update on the ones that still have offers and what our chances are now:

1. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Plano West - I rate our chances as low.
2. Darius White, WR, Fort Worth Dunbar - I rate our chances as slightly less than fair to low.
3. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Temple - I rate our chances as low.
4. Jordan Hicks, LB, Ohio - I rate our chances as slightly less than fair to low.
5. Trovon Reed, WR, Louisiana - I rate our chances to very low to none at all. I am only listing him because he has an offer but he already has expressed that he has no interest in us.

This is still going to be an outstanding class and if we can get one or two of the above so much the better. Needless to say from experience the longer it takes the less optimistic I am with regards to past experiences. But we can use the scholarships for our 2011 prospects however. I wish we could get a kicker like Russell Erxleban. He was a great kicker and he could punt, kick field goals and extra points and kickoff very well.

With wr DeMarco Cobbs of Oklahoma announcing for UT now I need to update my analysis of the other 5 recruits.

1. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Plano WEst - I still rate our chances as low.
2. Darius Whtte, WR, Fort Worth Dunbar - We have most certainly decreased our chances with the Cobb announcement but I still rate it fair to low with the low getting a bigger edge.
3. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Temple - I still say low even though he might chance his mind but I think he leans toward Auburn.
4. Jordan Hicks, LB, Ohio - I rate our chances as a high low. He had a great visit to Austin. We will see.
5. Trovon Reed, WR, Louisiana - Still extremely low to none at all.

Old Tiger
11-09-2009, 02:27 PM
DeMarco Cobbs has decommited from Tennessee to come to the University of Texas.

Pendragon13
11-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
DeMarco Cobbs has decommited from Tennessee to come to the University of Texas. Wow....has he put pen to paper yet? If not I would be wary..

Old Tiger
11-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Wow....has he put pen to paper yet? If not I would be wary.. From what I've read Mack told him to come down to Austin and show how true he was to this and he and a buddy stayed in Dallas one night then made the trip down to Austin where Cobbs told Mack that he wouldn't be looking at any other schools and will be a Horn come February.

Phil C
11-24-2009, 05:05 PM
I don't have any updates as we are awaiting the final recruits' decisions. Of course nothing will be completely official until signing day in February.
So far we have verbals from the following positions:
Quarterbacks 2
Wide Recievers 4
Defensive Backs 3
Defensive Linemen 5
Offensive Linemen 2
Running Backs 1
Linebackers 2
Athletes 1

I have been told that WRs are going to be thin next year as a whole so we probably won't contrate on them as heavy as we did this year. Also I think we will look to get a few more Offensive Linemen next year as well as running backs.

PhiI C
12-07-2009, 04:36 PM
As an update there are strong rumors that LSU commit Mike Davis WR from Dallas and A&M commit Corey Nelson LB from Dallas are coming to Texas for a visit. It doesn't mean they are changing but you never know.

PhiI C
12-14-2009, 03:46 PM
With wr DeMarco Cobbs of Oklahoma announcing for UT now I need to update my analysis of the other 5 recruits.

1. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Plano WEst - I still rate our chances as low.
2. Darius Whtte, WR, Fort Worth Dunbar - We have most certainly decreased our chances with the Cobb announcement but I still rate it fair to low with the low getting a bigger edge.
3. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Temple - I still say low even though he might chance his mind but I think he leans toward Auburn.
4. Jordan Hicks, LB, Ohio - I rate our chances as a high low. He had a great visit to Austin. We will see.
5. Trovon Reed, WR, Louisiana - Still extremely low to none at all.

I know we got a new commit from WR MIke Davis from Dallas recently. One change I have from above is that Darius White is now low. Trovon Reed has committed to Auburn so he can be removed completely from the list. I will update later.

I know that schools don't like decommitments to happen but it happens. I know UT lost a good WR to BYU this year as well as a great DB to Baylor. Nothing will be official until signing day on February 3, 2010.

PhiI C
12-19-2009, 12:01 PM
A rumor now is that Darius White is going to Oklahoma State but that is not official and I am waiting for an official link to confirm it. We have got talented receivers coming to UT and he may have decided that he would be able to start earlier there but I don't know for sure. Will update when confirmed but other web sites have reported that ESPN says that he is on his way to Oklahoma State.

Old Tiger
12-19-2009, 12:09 PM
A rumor now is that Darius White is going to Oklahoma State but that is not official and I am waiting for an official link to confirm it. We have got talented receivers coming to UT and he may have decided that he would be able to start earlier there but I don't know for sure. Will update when confirmed but other web sites have reported that ESPN says that he is on his way to Oklahoma State. With him having association with Deion Sanders I'm glad he won't be coming to Texas.

skins4life
12-19-2009, 02:31 PM
With him having association with Deion Sanders I'm glad he won't be coming to Texas.

AMEN to that !!!!!

Phil C
12-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Another rumor is that Darius White will wait for the 2010 Army All American High School game on January 9, 2010 so he can do the silly hat trick that some of the recruits like to do.

Old Tiger
12-21-2009, 05:52 PM
I think Texas lands Jeffcoat/Hicks.

Darius goes to Oklahoma State
Lache goes to Auburn

PhiI C
12-21-2009, 08:15 PM
I think Texas lands Jeffcoat/Hicks.

Darius goes to Oklahoma State
Lache goes to Auburn

Old I am 95% sure you are right on Lache and Darius. I hope you are right about Mr. Jeffcoat and Mr. Hicks. This is a great class but with those two it will be even greater.

PhiI C
12-21-2009, 09:37 PM
As an update the following verbal recruits by position are shown below:

QBs2
WRs 5
DBs 3
DL 5
OL 2
RB 1
LBs2
Athletes 1

I thin basically we are about finished recruiting for 2010 but are looking at 2011. I think in 2011 I think we will be looking at OL and RBs and try to get a few more next year. I hope we also are able to get a good TE and Center.

As far as I know the following uncommitted players still have offers. I don't look for Corey Nelson to decommit from the Aggies.

1. Lache Seastrunk - RB I rate our chances as low and feel he is going to Auburn.
2. Darius White - WR I rate our chances as low and look for him to go to Oklahoma State.
3. Jackson Jeffcoat - DE I still rate our chances as low but it is a high low so I think we may have a slim chance.
4. Jordan Hicks - LB I would love to get this one but I still rate our chances fair to low. UT seems to really be recruiting him lately but will have to soon devote their attention to the NC game.

Overall no matter what we will have a great class but I would love to get one or two of these to make it even better.

PhiI C
12-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Actually on my last post I overlooked Darius White already being committed to Oklahoma State so the only three prospects that I know of are Seastrunk, Jeffcoat and Hicks.

PhiI C
12-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Oops! Never mind the last post because Darius White is still on the possible list because I was looking at the campus visit date and it was not a committment to Oklahoma State yet but I still feel it is coming but I prefer to wait until the verbal is official. Of course nothing is binding until National Signing Day on February 3, 2009.

Phil C
12-28-2009, 11:50 AM
The Under Armour High School All American Football game will be this Saturday at 11 A.M. on ESPN. Darius White is expected to announce his decision between Florida, LSU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas. He will probably do a hat trick. I am expecting it to be Oklahoma State.
Jordan Hicks will be there but I don't know if he is going to announce or not.

Phil C
12-28-2009, 01:06 PM
According to Rivals Jackson Jeffcoat is scheduled to visit Florida on 1-15-10. My guess is that he will probably be a National Signing Day announcer.

Acchttp://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jackson-Jeffcoat-68202?colleges=show#college_choicesording to Rivals

PhiI C
12-28-2009, 02:04 PM
A witty person on another web site suggested that Jeffcoat should call Florida and say he has eliminated them from consideration and then call up the next day saying he has changed his mind. Most witty and amusing indeed. :)

PhiI C
12-28-2009, 08:16 PM
The Under Armour High School All American Football game will be this Saturday at 11 A.M. on ESPN. Darius White is expected to announce his decision between Florida, LSU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas. He will probably do a hat trick. I am expecting it to be Oklahoma State.
Jordan Hicks will be there but I don't know if he is going to announce or not.

A correction is that the 11 A.M. is EST. It will start our time at 10 A.M.

Phil C
12-31-2009, 11:28 AM
Here is my year end update on the remaining offers that I know of. Don't forget the Under Armour high school all star game this Saturday.

1. Darius White (WR) - no change. He is said to be going to commit during the game. I still expect it to be Oklahoma State so I rate our chances at low.

2. Lache Seastrunk(RB) - no change. I expect him to commit to Auburn so I rate our chances as low.

3. Jackson Jeffcoat(DE) - some other web sites are more obtimistic but I still rate our chances as low.

4. Jordan Hicks (LB) - This is one I have changed based on an interview he at at a preview of the game on ESPN yesterday and the fact that in January he is having an in home visit by Ohio State and Florida coaches. He mentioned Ohio State for about 20 seconds and then lumped us with Florida. Florida probably hurt their chances with the coaching situation lately but he has become friends with a Florida QB so that may be offset. Overall though things indicate to me his is currently leaning toward staying close to home in Ohio. I could be wrong and hope he changes his mind. I rate our chances low at about 35% with Ohio State at 38% and Florida 27%. We will see.

Overall most recruiting services has our class ranked either No. 1 or No. 2. If we can get these players signed it will be great and I wouldn't trade with nobody. If we get any of the above 4 it would be an added bonus.

kepdawg
01-02-2010, 01:43 PM
White just gave a verbal to Texas

PhiI C
01-02-2010, 01:53 PM
White just gave a verbal to Texas

Great news indeed! This one really caught me by surprise. I am so happy!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
01-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Great news indeed! This one really caught me by surprise. I am so happy!

:clap: :clap: :clap: PhiI with this commitment I think I'll treat myself to a few extra cups of coffee!

PhiI C
01-02-2010, 02:45 PM
PhiI with this commitment I think I'll treat myself to a few extra cups of coffee!

Sounds good to me! ;)

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 04:00 PM
theres a number 32 at la vernia that would love to commit to texas, and hes just a sophomore

PhiI C
01-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by lvbears32
theres a number 32 at la vernia that would love to commit to texas, and hes just a sophomore

Who is he lv and what position?

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Who is he lv and what position?

lol. its me and im a middle linebacker/strongside linebacker/runningback/fullback/slotreciever/tight end/special teamer

Old Tiger
01-02-2010, 09:34 PM
isn't la vernia a valley school?

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 09:42 PM
isn't la vernia a valley school?

no. were 30 minutes outside san antonio. a little hick town

PhiI C
01-02-2010, 11:20 PM
lol. its me and im a middle linebacker/strongside linebacker/runningback/fullback/slotreciever/tight end/special teamer

Excellent. Just let your coaches know and they can probably help you and keep up the good hard work.

lvbears32
01-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Excellent. Just let your coaches know and they can probably help you and keep up the good hard work.

im prolly too tiny for ut. im lookin d2

PhiI C
01-03-2010, 09:26 AM
im prolly too tiny for ut. im lookin d2

Nothing wrong with that. You can get a good education at D2 schools too and play good football.

Old Tiger
01-11-2010, 05:26 PM
So apparently Muschamps in home was good new with Texas for linebacker Jordan Hicks.

GerryH is hearing that Urban Meyer not making an in home with Hicks was the deal breaker and Hicks is likely to become a Horn.

PhiI C
01-14-2010, 11:20 PM
No updates today but we are still waiting. If we don't have any news over the weekend then these last ones may be National Signing Day decisions. We will see. Soon we will be concentrating on the 2011 recruits but the time now and on Feb. 3, 2010 (National Signing Day) is the time of the 2010 recruits.

PhiI C
01-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Well now we have just over 2 weeks until National Signing Day (NSD). These kids have been criticized by come for taking so long but some are really sincere and need more time to decide. Just like some good math students need to take more time on test than others. And now with the chaos and changes and situations involving coaches lately I don't blame them for waiting.

lvbears32
01-20-2010, 04:49 PM
any word if that manziel quarterback outta tivy is lookin at ut after his senior season?

PhiI C
01-20-2010, 11:12 PM
any word if that manziel quarterback outta tivy is lookin at ut after his senior season?

From what I have seen he has medium interest in Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, SMU, TCU, and Oklahoma. I think last month he visitied A&M on junior day. It looks like he is going to be a good one. He is a member of the class of 2011 and Texas doesn't contact them until after the 2010 National Signing Day in two weeks.

lvbears32
01-20-2010, 11:16 PM
From what I have seen he has medium interest in Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, SMU, TCU, and Oklahoma. I think last month he visitied A&M on junior day. It looks like he is going to be a good one. He is a member of the class of 2011 and Texas doesn't contact them until after the 2010 National Signing Day in two weeks.

i watched him play against calhoun this year and came away extremely impressed

NastySlot
01-21-2010, 12:10 AM
i watched him play against calhoun this year and came away extremely impressed

i remember seeing him as a freshman ....and thinking that kid is amazing....both on offense and defense....and two years later he is still amazing.........is also a a heck of a baseball player....matter a fact he is an all around good athlete read this summer he finished second in a city jr. golf tourney.

JJWalker
01-21-2010, 12:34 AM
According to orangemachine, Celina had a pretty good recruiting class. :D

Phil C
01-22-2010, 04:37 PM
As an update the following verbal recruits by position are shown below:

QBs2
WRs 5
DBs 3
DL 5
OL 2
RB 1
LBs2
Athletes 1

I thin basically we are about finished recruiting for 2010 but are looking at 2011. I think in 2011 I think we will be looking at OL and RBs and try to get a few more next year. I hope we also are able to get a good TE and Center.

As far as I know the following uncommitted players still have offers. I don't look for Corey Nelson to decommit from the Aggies.

1. Lache Seastrunk - RB I rate our chances as low and feel he is going to Auburn.
2. Darius White - WR I rate our chances as low and look for him to go to Oklahoma State.
3. Jackson Jeffcoat - DE I still rate our chances as low but it is a high low so I think we may have a slim chance.
4. Jordan Hicks - LB I would love to get this one but I still rate our chances fair to low. UT seems to really be recruiting him lately but will have to soon devote their attention to the NC game.

Overall no matter what we will have a great class but I would love to get one or two of these to make it even better.

Well about 11 days till NSN so I have an update. My opinions aren't the best as you can see by looking at No. 2 above. :)

Still of the remaining 3 here goes:

1. Lache Seastrunk - I still rate our chances as very low. Rumor is that he has shown interest in LSU, Auburn and Oregon. I still think it will be Auburn but you never know.
2. Jackson Jeffcoat - I still rate is as a low high. He still has to visit Oklahoma this weekend and that could be dangerous as far as our chances are concerned but luckily he has announced his decision date as January 31 so Oklahoma won't be able to try to get him to verbal on the spot. I would like to get him but I think it is about a 49% chance.
3. Jordan Hicks - I would still like to get him but as time goes by I think our chances decrease. I give it about a 46% with Ohio State having the edge but Florida has a very low slim chance also.

Rumor has it that Corey Nelson's verbal is soft on the Aggies and depending on what Hicks decides he may come to Texas. I am not counting on this at all. He has said he is an Aggie commit so that is good enough for me.

Overall this will still be a great class for UT. We were fortunate to get Darius White in the late going. I am not really counting on the others too much even though I would love to be wrong again.

PhiI C
01-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Texas just signed a great recruiting class and have already got off to a great start on the 2010 recruits. Please bear in mind these are verbals and are not final until signing day which will be Feb. 3, 2010 (Wednesday) but Texas football players nearly always honor their verbals. Bear in mind that earlier this month there was a junior day when players were looked at and some offered a scholarship right away and another junior day coming on the 28th of Feb.
The following recruits have already verbaled and they are all considered outstanding recruits.

1. Trey Hopkins, OL, Glena Park North Shore. He was the first one to verbal. Texas was in good shape at OL but he was anxious to be the first and not let this offer get away.

2. John Harris, WR, Garland Naaman Forest.

3. Taylor Bible, DT, Denton Guyer

4. Case McCoy, QB, Graham. Colt's younger brother. The Aggies were very much interested in him.

5. De'Aires Cotton, DT, Alief Taylor

6. Darius Terrell, WR, DeSoto

7. Adrian Phillips, athlete, Garland

8. Tevin Jackson, LB, Garland

9. Ahmad Dixon, safety, Waco Midway

10. Aaron Benson, linebacker, Cedar Hill

11. Connor Wood, QB, Houston Second Baptist - a major and pleasant surprise.

These are 11 so far. There will be more soon no doubt. I think that the Longhorns will take 20 - 22 prospect in this class maybe a couple of more if they get some very highly rated ones near the end. We will see. But this class will probably be another great one for UT.

Hopefully our 2010 class isn't complete but I did do an analysis on this class of 22 that we have got thus far.
Of the 22 we had 16 or 73% verbal in the first month after national signing day on for 2009 recruits on 2-4-09.
We had 3 more in March for a total of 19 or 86%.
It is noted we did lose 2 recruits that aren't counted in the above data that had verbaled by March 2009. But we had 2 that changed their mind and verbaled.
Our last three committments were in October, December and January (2010).
Remember that the verbals are not binding. It is signing on NSD in February that counts but we have been fortunate in the past in not having any change their minds this late date.

As you can see we get most of our recruting done by March each year. Still there is always interest on those that wait.

Bear in mind this is for just one year and I have not done a five year analysis which would be more accurate but I am fairly confident that the above is a trend and that it will continue.

Phil C
01-27-2010, 11:54 AM
The word now is that Mr. Hicks will announce this Friday at 11:30 P.M. CST at his high school. This worries me because he may choose Ohio State there to the cheers of his classmates. If he was choosing Texas I would think he would announce it at home. Hopefully I am wrong for being pessimistic but at least we will know one way or the other.

Phil C
01-27-2010, 02:31 PM
The Rumors are now that Seastrunk will announce today at 4:45 P.M. and that Jeffcoat will announce on sometime Sunday. These are just rumors.
I think Seastrunk will pick Auburn and if not it will be either LSU or Oregon and I give the edge to LSU which porbably means it will be Oregon. :)
It seems to still be between UT and Ohio Stage for Mr. Hicks. And if he decides to go to Ohio State then I don't feel that UT will steal Mr. Corey Nelson from the Aggies. Now if Mr. Nelson contacts the UT staff then that is another matter but I feel for sure it would be initiated by Mr. Nelson. I think he is going to A&M as he committed.

nexfan
01-27-2010, 03:22 PM
I think Jeffcoat's final 3 college choices are OU, UT and UH. In my humble opinion which means absolutely nothing, chances are about 33% Texas, 33% Oklahoma, 33% Houston and 1% Arizona State. He has his father coaching at Houston, where if he signs he becomes automatically BMOC. He has shown some interest in basketball as well and Houston is his only shot at being a two sport athelete. The have the best entrepreneurship school in the country and he has expressed much interest on that front. He starts immediately and plays for a team with a Heisman trophy candidate in Case Keenum and a chance to turn around a defense that needs some attention. He gets to be coached up by his father and a new DC who is a former defensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys. Texas is just Texas. Deal with it. Better facilities and top notch coaches. Oh and by the way.... the whole Nat'l Championship thing every year has to be an eye opener to anybody. Might have to sit for a year or two before seeing the field consistently. I hate Oklahoma with a passion but his sister is attending OU and that has to play into their favor. OU football is on the same par as Texas facilities and coaching wise as well as being year in and year out mentioned as one of the nations best. Arizona State is Jim's alma mater and is of some interest to Jackson. We will wait to the 31st!!! I am going way out on a limb and saying he throws everyone for a loop and joins Kevin Sumlin and the gang on Cullen to become a coog. Take it for what its worth......just an opinion.

LionKing
01-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
I think Jeffcoat's final 3 college choices are OU, UT and UH. In my humble opinion which means absolutely nothing, chances are about 33% Texas, 33% Oklahoma, 33% Houston and 1% Arizona State. He has his father coaching at Houston, where if he signs he becomes automatically BMOC. He has shown some interest in basketball as well and Houston is his only shot at being a two sport athelete. The have the best entrepreneurship school in the country and he has expressed much interest on that front. He starts immediately and plays for a team with a Heisman trophy candidate in Case Keenum and a chance to turn around a defense that needs some attention. He gets to be coached up by his father and a new DC who is a former defensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys. Texas is just Texas. Deal with it. Better facilities and top notch coaches. Oh and by the way.... the whole Nat'l Championship thing every year has to be an eye opener to anybody. Might have to sit for a year or two before seeing the field consistently. I hate Oklahoma with a passion but his sister is attending OU and that has to play into their favor. OU football is on the same par as Texas facilities and coaching wise as well as being year in and year out mentioned as one of the nations best. Arizona State is Jim's alma mater and is of some interest to Jackson. We will wait to the 31st!!! I am going way out on a limb and saying he throws everyone for a loop and joins Kevin Sumlin and the gang on Cullen to become a coog. Take it for what its worth......just an opinion. Yes nexfan, it is your opinion, and you could possibly be right in the end, however; I believe if he was gonna join his father at UH, we wouldn't be having this conversation and everything would be settled, I may be wrong though.

nexfan
01-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
Yes nexfan, it is your opinion, and you could possibly be right in the end, however; I believe if he was gonna join his father at UH, we wouldn't be having this conversation and everything would be settled, I may be wrong though.

What is your logic behind that?? I have always felt like the longer he waited to give his decision furthermore helped the likelyhood of him commiting to UH. Kindof the total opposite of what you are saying. I think if it was going to be USC or Florida or OU he would have committed already. I think he is deciding between UT and UH, personally. We know who usually wins that battle.

Old Tiger
01-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Rumors are that Stoops wants to hire Jeffcoat away from UH.

PhiI C
01-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Lache Seastrunk committed verbally to Oregon sure enough. :)

I am surprised but only mildly because I thought he was going to Auburn. Pac 10 may be more favorable to his style of running than SEC. But a few months ago he told Auburn fans that they would be pleased with his announcement. I wonder if that is true. :)

kepdawg
01-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Jackson has eliminated Arizona State and will not be announcing Sunday night

LINK (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/012810dnspojeffcoat.be2205d8.html)

NateDawg39
01-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Jackson has eliminated Arizona State and will not be announcing Sunday night

LINK (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/012810dnspojeffcoat.be2205d8.html) hmmm thats interesting. I thought he would go there

kepdawg
01-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Jackson is announcing tomorrow @ 10 AM

Phil C
01-28-2010, 03:33 PM
kep ESPN news just announced that Jeffcoat's father said there is no set time yet for his sign to announce. He may be a NSD announcer.

Phil C
01-28-2010, 03:36 PM
An update now of the 22 verbals Texas has obtained by position are as follows:

QBs 2
WRs 6
Dl 5
DBs 3
OL 2
RB 1
LBs 2
Ath 1

That is why I think in 2011 Texas will go after more OL and RBs. This class is supposed to be loaded with those players. Of course they will go after several at other positions. I hope they get a good Center and Tight End also.

Phil C
01-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Texas may be getting a kicker too! This really excites me. We have good kickers but this one is a triple threat according to his HS coach (good at kicking off, punting and making field goals). He sounds like Russell Erxleben who did a great job of punting, kick offs, and field goals for us in the 70s. I felt like there must be this type of kicker somewhere that would want to come to Texas. I wish we would recruit someone like that every three or four years. I am sure the coaches will check him out but it looks like this is going to be a pleasant surprise this late in the year.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/01/28/longhorns_enter.html?cxntfid=blogs_bevo_beat

PhiI C
01-28-2010, 06:24 PM
kep ESPN news just announced that Jeffcoat's father said there is no set time yet for his sign to announce. He may be a NSD announcer.

Now ESPN says tomorrow (Friday). I assume it is at 10 P.M. as other web sites are saying.

Gobbler Fan
01-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Texas will miss on both Hicks and Jeffcoat ...as much as I hate to say it .

Hicks - OSU

Jeffcoat - OU

lvbears32
01-28-2010, 06:38 PM
we still have an excellent class coming in. Hook 'Em Horns!

PhiI C
01-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Texas may be getting a kicker too! This really excites me. We have good kickers but this one is a triple threat according to his HS coach (good at kicking off, punting and making field goals). He sounds like Russell Erxleben who did a great job of punting, kick offs, and field goals for us in the 70s. I felt like there must be this type of kicker somewhere that would want to come to Texas. I wish we would recruit someone like that every three or four years. I am sure the coaches will check him out but it looks like this is going to be a pleasant surprise this late in the year.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/01/28/longhorns_enter.html?cxntfid=blogs_bevo_beat

Below is a video of him. His name is William Russ. He is committed to Arkansas but Arkansas got a committment from another kicker believe it or not plus Hunter Lawrence is graduating. He is great. I still want and haven't givin up Mr. Hicks or Mr. Jeffcoat but if we didn't get them and got this kicker I would be very happy. I want him at UT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Ktf8wXaHY

PhiI C
01-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Man I just can't describe how bad I want that kicker at Texas.

lvbears32
01-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Man I just can't describe how bad I want that kicker at Texas.

i know how u feel

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 09:05 PM
i know how u feel I want him at OU

lvbears32
01-28-2010, 09:13 PM
I want him at OU

wait! ur a sooner??? and you think ya know a guy!

bobcat4life
01-28-2010, 09:17 PM
wait! ur a sooner??? and you think ya know a guy! hahaha yea. My dad's family lives up there

lvbears32
01-28-2010, 09:17 PM
hahaha yea. My dad's family lives up there

corrupted at a young age......ouch

bobcat4life
01-29-2010, 12:55 AM
corrupted at a young age......ouch yea I know. that 2000 national title didnt help when I was just beginning to watch football either

KTJ
01-29-2010, 02:08 AM
I'm hearing that Hicks is in the bag and Jeffcoat is looking good.

Here's hoping...

PhiI C
01-29-2010, 08:21 AM
It will be great to get both of them along with that kicker. We wll know in a few hours.

Phil C
01-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Looks like we got the kicker.

http://www.ktbs.com/sports/

Buckweed
01-29-2010, 10:59 AM
This should bolster UT's freshmen class!!!

Buckweed
01-29-2010, 11:01 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/highschool/01/29/jeffcoat-texas/index.html?eref=sihp

Gobbler Fan
01-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Just watched it live ..... Jackson is living in a Orange House

Texas Longhorn

Phil C
01-29-2010, 11:22 AM
This is wonderful news indeed! I know everyone is happy indeed!

LionKing
01-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Buckweed
This should bolster UT's freshmen class!!! Yea, a little, according to most recruiting sites they were already 1# or 2# depending on which one, now with Jeffcoat and possibly Hicks from Ohio committing, the class should be thru the roof.

SHSBulldog00
01-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Return to NC game Jan 2011:D

kepdawg
01-29-2010, 12:13 PM
And if he decides to go to Ohio State then I don't feel that UT will steal Mr. Corey Nelson from the Aggies. Now if Mr. Nelson contacts the UT staff then that is another matter but I feel for sure it would be initiated by Mr. Nelson. I think he is going to A&M as he committed.

Some reports now have Nelson as an OU commit.

Gobbler Fan
01-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Daily Double for Texas .....Hicks is a Longhorn

Great day for UT Recruiting

Phil C
01-29-2010, 12:50 PM
This is wonderful news indeed. We got Jeffcoat and Hicks plus a great triple threat kicker. I am sure this concludes our recruiting for this class. I don't know how others will rate it but I am very happy with this class. A great day indeed!

BTownVBall3
01-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Has the kicker actually committed yet? I know his coach said that he was but is anything official? Either way one of, if not the best recruiting day in longhorns history.

SHSBulldog00
01-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Daily Double for Texas .....Hicks is a Longhorn

Great day for UT Recruiting

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KTJ
01-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Very happy!

Those in my sig can do you know what....

Spread It Out
01-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Wow, great great day for Texas. Most reports had Florida #1 and Texas #2 in recruiting but with Hicks and Jeffcoat committing I think it will put them as the best recruiting class of the year.

lvbears32
01-29-2010, 04:19 PM
how do yall think this compares to vince youngs class?

Old Tiger
01-29-2010, 05:22 PM
defensively this is mack browns best class ever. I think it will be overall his best class in general.

Phil C
01-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Some reports now have Nelson as an OU commit.

There were some reports on that kep but the latest is that he is still going to A&M.

Daddy D 11
01-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Texas is LOADED. End of discussion.

lvbears32
01-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

rivals still desnt have us as getting that kicker

PhiI C
01-29-2010, 08:16 PM

Right you are Daddy D.

PhiI C
01-29-2010, 08:47 PM

Daddy D everyone one of them are outstanding. Our worse one is considered to be Case McCoy accordidng to the ranking. Name is somewhat familiar. :)

SHSBulldog00
01-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Nelson decommitted from the Aggies and now will be a Sooner

PhiI C
01-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00

SHS that didn't happen even though there were some rumors. He is still committed to the Aggies per rivals website update dated today. Of course there are still a few days left until Wednesday.

PhiI C
01-29-2010, 11:23 PM
rivals still desnt have us as getting that kicker

It hasn't changed yet Ivb. I think there was some premature conclusions by his coach but I think he had his visit to Texas today. I don't know when he goes back but as of yet rivals doesn't even have Texas offering him but I think it is coming. I think what probably is going on is that he wants to get home and talk it over with his family and hopefully his coach then make a decision. He does have a few days before the National Signing Day.

SHSBulldog00
01-30-2010, 12:37 AM
SHS that didn't happen even though there were some rumors. He is still committed to the Aggies per rivals website update dated today. Of course there are still a few days left until Wednesday.

ESPNU had it on the screen. But we will see what happens.

PhiI C
01-30-2010, 12:53 PM
ESPNU had it on the screen. But we will see what happens.

SHS below is the current update I got this morning from the ESPN website. You are right about waiting to see what happens. I hope he goes to A&M as he originally committed.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/prospects?firstName=corey&lastName=nelson&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fprospects%3ffirstName%3d corey%26lastName%3dnelson

PhiI C
01-30-2010, 07:02 PM
The thing I am wondering though is why did the kicker get interested in Texas. I think what started it was that Arkansas also has a verbal from another kicker which may eliminate some of his kicking duties while Texas could use another kicker. Also he plays baseball and Texas has done well in baseball the past few years.

PhiI C
01-31-2010, 02:46 PM

Good news indeed for you Electus! :)

Old Tiger
01-31-2010, 02:53 PM
The thing I am wondering though is why did the kicker get interested in Texas. I think what started it was that Arkansas also has a verbal from another kicker which may eliminate some of his kicking duties while Texas could use another kicker. Also he plays baseball and Texas has done well in baseball the past few years. The kicker was in Austin this weekend according to reports and his visit is supposed to end sometime today.

PhiI C
01-31-2010, 06:06 PM
The kicker was in Austin this weekend according to reports and his visit is supposed to end sometime today.

That is very relevant news Old and thank you for sharing. He probably wants to go home and talk it over with his family and coaches before he makes a final decision on the offer which is reasonable.

PhiI C
01-31-2010, 06:13 PM
He may wait until NSD to make a final decision.

Old Tiger
01-31-2010, 08:10 PM
He may wait until NSD to make a final decision. PhiI, William Russ has decommitted from Arkansas and is now committed to the Texas Longhorns!

What a change of events and awesome weekend for the Horns.

PhiI C
01-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Great news! The kicker, William Russ, has now officially verbaled to Texas! That makes No. 25. I am sure that this class is concluded and soon we will be concentrating on the 2011 class.
We still have to get the signatures on NSD.

PhiI C
01-31-2010, 08:12 PM
PhiI, William Russ has decommitted from Arkansas and is now committed to the Texas Longhorns!

What a change of events and awesome weekend for the Horns.

Right you are Old. This is one great class. I still don't know how others rate it but I am very pleased and happy as I know you are also.

Old Tiger
01-31-2010, 08:13 PM
Great news! The kicker, William Russ, has now officially verbaled to Texas! That makes No. 25. I am sure that this class is concluded and soon we will be concentrating on the 2011 class.
We still have to get the signatures on NSD. Three signatures we'll for sure get regardless of what happens on NSD are Connor Wood, Case McCoy, and Adrian White because they are already enrolled.

Phil C
02-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Three signatures we'll for sure get regardless of what happens on NSD are Connor Wood, Case McCoy, and Adrian White because they are already enrolled.

Right you are Old. In fact some recruiting sites list them as already signed even though I don't think it is really official until NSD.

Tomorrow is the day.

Phil C
02-02-2010, 03:32 PM
As a reminder the following are verbals that we will be awaiting signatures on tomorrow.

1. Aaron Benson, LB, Cedar Hill
2. Taylor Bible, DT, Denton
3. Carrington Byndom, DB, Lufkin
4. DeMarco Cobbs, ATH, Tulsa, OK
5. DeAires Cotton, DT, Alief
6. Greg Daniels, DE, Houston
7. Mike Davis, WR, Dallas
8. Ashton Dorsey, DT, Tyler
9. Dominic Espisosa, OL, Cedar Park
10. John Harris, WR, Garland
11. Jordan Hicks, LB, West Chester, Ohio
12. Trey Hopkins, OL, Galena Park
13. Bryant Jackson, DB, Sulphur Springs
14. Tevin Jackson, LB, Garland
15. Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Plano
16. Chris Jones, WR, Daingerfield
17. Case McCoy, QB, Graham
18. Adrian Phillips, ATH, Garland
19. William Russ, K, Shreveport, LA
20. Traylon Shead, RB, Cayuga
21. Darius Terrell, WR, DeSoto
22. Adrian White, DB, DeSoto
23. Darius White, WR, Fort Worth
24. Reggie Wilson, DE, Haltom City
25. Connor Wood, QB, Houston

Case McCoy, Adrian White and Connor Wood have already enrolled at UT.

Phil C
02-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Today is the day! Already the faxes are already coming in with the signed letters of intent which makes it official. So far we have received the following: Taylor Bible, DeAires Cotton, Ashton Dorsey, Dominic Espinosa, Jordan Hicks, Chris Jones, Case McCoy, William Russ, Adrian White, Reggie Wilson, and Connor Wood.

A great day indeed.

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Jordan Hicks is my top fav sign!:clap:

Phil C
02-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Jordan Hicks is my top fav sign!:clap:

He is a good one Nate and I think his was the first one in. Ohio is an hour ahead of us.
Bear in mind that my information which I feel is very reliable is coming from another web site with people posting as they get the news from an Austin radio station reporting the signatures.

Others signed are now Aaron Benson, Greg Daniels, Trey Hopkins, Tevin Jackson, Adrian Phillips, Traylon Shead, Darius Terrell, and Darius White.

This is now 19 of the 25 with 6 left.

The six we are now waiting on are Carrington Byndom, DeMarco Cobbs, Mike Davis, John Harris, Bryant Jackson and Jackson Jeffcoat.

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Phil where do you see the Texas recruiting class ranking?

Old Tiger
02-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Cobbs, Davis, Bryant Jackson, and Jeffcoat still left.

Ex-Tiger2005
02-03-2010, 10:31 AM

ESPN!!!

Phil C
02-03-2010, 11:05 AM

Nate, I don't know how others will rate this class but I am completely satisfied with it. I am sure it will be rated behind Florida by most recruiting sites but of course the future is what really determines how great they are.

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Nate, I don't know how others will rate this class but I am completely satisfied with it. I am sure it will be rated behind Florida by most recruiting sites but of course the future is what really determines how great they are. If Hicks turns out how they expect him to, he will be a great addition to the Longhorns. I have heard some people compare him to Gideon

Phil C
02-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Cobbs, Davis, Bryant Jackson, and Jeffcoat still left.

Old I heard that Dallas ISD is waiting to have their high school recruits sign at noon. I sure the Dallas ISD is in such bad financial shape that they only have one copier. :)

Old Tiger
02-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Old I heard that Dallas ISD is waiting to have their high school recruits sign at noon. I sure the Dallas ISD is in such bad financial shape that they only have one copier. :) Phil...all of the recruits are in except for Cobbs but he is set to submit his LOI in at 11:00am

Phil C
02-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Phil...all of the recruits are in except for Cobbs but he is set to submit his LOI in at 11:00am

Great news indeed Old.

SHSBulldog00
02-03-2010, 12:03 PM
It's 11:00 is Cobbs in?

Old Tiger
02-03-2010, 12:10 PM
It's 11:00 is Cobbs in?

11:01 AM Inside Texas reports Cobbs has signed his LOI.

Phil C
02-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Great news indeed! All signed! :clap:

SHSBulldog00
02-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Now Texas can look to 2011 and Quandre Diggs!!

NateDawg39
02-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Great news indeed! All signed! :clap: :clap:

SHSBulldog00
02-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Jeffcoat will likely not start as a freshman but he will play along with Hicks and Benson. Darius White, Mike Davis and Darius Terrell could play as freshmen.

Phil C
02-03-2010, 05:27 PM

You were right SHS! My apologies for doubting you.