PDA

View Full Version : Rockets trade point guard Alston to Magic

HEMOTOXIC
02-19-2009, 05:10 PM
The Rockets reached an agreement to trade point guard Rafer Alston to the Orlando Magic, an individual with knowledge of the deal said Thursday.

The Rockets will receive forward Brian Cook from Orlando and guard Kyle Lowry from the Memphis Grizzlies in the trade.

Rockets officials would not comment until the deal was approved by the NBA and made official.

Memphis will receive Orlando's first-round pick as part of the trade.

HEMOTOXIC
02-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I dont understand this trade!!:confused:

JR2004
02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
What's not to understand? You got a PF who refuses to play defense and seldom does anything but shoot jumpers and you got a point guard that couldn't cut it with the Grizzlies. This may not be a win in your book, but on the unintentional comedy scale this trade gets an 8 out of 10!

HEMOTOXIC
02-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
What's not to understand? You got a PF who refuses to play defense and seldom does anything but shoot jumpers and you got a point guard that couldn't cut it with the Grizzlies. This may not be a win in your book, but on the unintentional comedy scale this trade gets an 8 out of 10!

Ok, what does that have to do with Rafer? Why trade him, he runs the offense better than any guard that the Rockets have. That, sir, is what I dont understand.

JR2004
02-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Ok, what does that have to do with Rafer? Why trade him, he runs the offense better than any guard that the Rockets have. That is what I dont understand sir.

And he is also among the bottom tier of point guards in the West. Not that Lowry is getting them out of the first round playing the point, but Alston was never going to do it.

HEMOTOXIC
02-19-2009, 05:37 PM
And he is also among the bottom tier of point guards in the West. Not that Lowry is getting them out of the first round playing the point, but Alston was never going to do it.

Ok, so do you see why I dont understand this trade? I would take Alston over Lowry. I just dont see how this trade will help the team at this point.

JR2004
02-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Ok, so do you see why I dont understand this trade? I would take Alston over Lowry. I just dont see how this trade will help the team at this point.

Most of the league wouldn't share that sentiment about Alston. I don't think Lowry is amazing, but Adelman has been down this road before with White Chocolate in the early days with the Queens. Alston is no different than him.

MamaBull
02-19-2009, 11:01 PM
DWIGHT HOWARD!

icu812
02-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Most of the league wouldn't share that sentiment about Alston. I don't think Lowry is amazing, but Adelman has been down this road before with White Chocolate in the early days with the Queens. Alston is no different than him.

Good comparison those guys are very similar.