3. Texarkana Liberty Eylau
4. Burkburnett
5. Andrews
6. Splendora
7. Robinson
8. Celina
9. Levelland
10. Giddings

Comments: Lots of travel team pitchers make 3A a solid classification. Huntington is very strong and has showed it in scrimmages while TLE looks good and Splendora is very, very good. Two teams to watch for are LaGrange and Giddings.

hookandladder
02-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Class 3A
1. Huntington
2. Needville
3. Texarkana Liberty Eylau
4. Burkburnett
5. Andrews
6. Splendora
7. Robinson
8. Celina
9. Levelland
10. Giddings

Comments: Lots of travel team pitchers make 3A a solid classification. Huntington is very strong and has showed it in scrimmages while TLE looks good and Splendora is very, very good. Two teams to watch for are LaGrange and Giddings.

La Grange should be ranked in the top ten, time will tell. These polls in softball are pretty worthless.

PutMeInCoach
02-19-2009, 03:34 PM
LG is ranked #5 in the Austin Statesman and no mention of Giddings, yet Giddings is in the top 10 in the State poll. Both polls are done by the same man. What's wrong with this picture?

pirate4state
02-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
La Grange should be ranked in the top ten, time will tell. These polls in softball are pretty worthless.

Pretty much, but it gives all of us something to discuss.

PutMeInCoach
02-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Polls at the beginning of the season are basically last year's ending results. I think polls are more fun to watch around District time.

GreenMonster
02-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
La Grange should be ranked in the top ten, time will tell. These polls in softball are pretty worthless. Another thing that's pretty worthless are homers saying their team "should" be in the top 10. The only decent part of this post is that time will indeed tell.

IHStangFan
02-19-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm hoping I get to make a Lady Jays game before I head out.......I'm curious to see just how good they are.

NastySlot
02-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Another thing that's pretty worthless are homers saying their team "should" be in the top 10. The only decent part of this post is that time will indeed tell.

you have a point but so does hook and ladder......lagrange is loaded.....sometimes i looked at these polls and think they have to get at least one team from each region in.

Looking4number8
02-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

9. Levelland

We play Levelland tomorrow at noon in Abilene, I guess we will see were we really stand then.

coach
02-20-2009, 04:05 AM
fairfield should be ranked

3afan
02-20-2009, 07:53 AM
as in past years - this is not a "poll", its one man's opinion

hookandladder
02-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Another thing that's pretty worthless are homers saying their team "should" be in the top 10. The only decent part of this post is that time will indeed tell.

No homer, just an honest opinion. La Grange went pretty deep in the playoffs last year and have the entire team back and yes time we tell. Exactly what I said in my earlier post, smart a--.

87 TIGER
02-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by coach
fairfield should be ranked ? How did they do last year?

pirate4state
02-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
We play Levelland tomorrow at noon in Abilene, I guess we will see were we really stand then. Cool...good luck & let us know how it goes.

Our girls are playing in Port Lavaca tourney. I know they won both games yesterday, but I don't know who they played.

KngKongInDTrunk
02-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Robinson has two very good pitchers, one on Varsity one on JV. They beat caldwell 5-1 in their first and only scrimmage. apparently they were also playing with a few freshman bc of basketball. Cancelled Rockdale due to weather.