PDA

View Full Version : Wylie vs. Edgewood

JR2004
02-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Looks like these two are playing their warm-up game in Ft. Worth on Saturday.

JR2004
02-19-2009, 12:46 AM
The rest of the schedule outside of that game is kinda underwhelming. I guess folks who enjoy small school half-court basketball though would probably enjoy this line-up of games.

At Birdville Coliseum

12:00pm Lipan vs Milford
1:30pm Whitewright vs. Lorena
3:00pm Brock vs Gladewater Sabine
4:30pm Edgewood vs Abilene Wylie
6:00pm Martin's Mill vs Ferris
7:30pm Eastern Hills vs Princeton

Looking4number8
02-19-2009, 07:26 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JR2004
[B] I guess folks who enjoy small school half-court basketball though would probably enjoy this line-up of games.[QUOTE]

I remember when I was in high school. My junior year was the first year Brownwood (and many other schools) had girls basketball. They played with 6 girls, 3 on each side of the half court line. You were not allowed to cross the half court. Three girls either played on the offensive side of the court or the defensive side. When the game was being played on the other end, the 6 girls on the opposite end just stood there waiting for the ball to come there way.

It was strange even for the 70's!

mwynn05
02-19-2009, 08:01 AM
might have to go watch 3 of the other favorites for 2a region 2 are playing there

turbostud
02-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JR2004
[B] I guess folks who enjoy small school half-court basketball though would probably enjoy this line-up of games.[QUOTE]

I remember when I was in high school. My junior year was the first year Brownwood (and many other schools) had girls basketball. They played with 6 girls, 3 on each side of the half court line. You were not allowed to cross the half court. Three girls either played on the offensive side of the court or the defensive side. When the game was being played on the other end, the 6 girls on the opposite end just stood there waiting for the ball to come there way.

It was strange even for the 70's!

Oklahoma girls teams played like that up through 80's. We would go to basketball camp in Ada Ok and my sister would have to play like that.