PDA

View Full Version : # 1 athlete - recruiting violations?

LH Panther Mom
02-19-2009, 12:14 AM
I clicked on this story on Yahoo, mainly because I had no idea who was considered to be the "# 1 football recruit" in the U.S.

rivals link - Bryce Brown (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=914088)

Now, I try to keep up with the rules & such since we just went through the recruiting process (although not at this level!). Now maybe I've forgotten how to count, but 5 is the limit on "official" visits. He has taken 5, according to this, yet is planning his "final" official visit next month. :thinking:

Brown, a running back from Wichita (Kan.) East who is the nation's No. 1 player, has maintained that he is a Miami commitment despite looking at other schools. He already has taken visits to Clemson, Oregon, Tennessee, Kansas State and Missouri, is scheduled to take an unofficial visit to LSU on Feb. 27 and was planning to take his final official visit to Miami on March 3. Brown then was to make public his decision March 12.

eagles_victory
02-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Thing is about those 5 visits is it doesnt say if they were official or unofficial.

LH Panther Mom
02-19-2009, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Thing is about those 5 visits is it doesnt say if they were official or unofficial.
Good point... :p

Gontex
02-19-2009, 04:06 AM
This guy looks to me like a train wreck that is fixing to happen. Way too much drama for my taste. Does he have his own publicist following him around with a camera. He could be one and done wherever he goes.