PDA

View Full Version : So who is preseason #1 in 3a Football

easttexas3a
02-18-2009, 09:26 PM
So with knowing who is coming back, who do we believe will be the preseason #1

bobcat4life
02-18-2009, 09:50 PM
It will probably be Gilmer. They have 10 offensive starters returning and Stump Godfrey is returning for his senior season. They also have 6 returning starters on the defensive side of the ball, so they would be a safe bet as the pre-season #1.

trojan37
02-18-2009, 10:15 PM
West.

pirate4state
02-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
It will probably be Gilmer. They have 10 offensive starters returning and Stump Godfrey is returning for his senior season. They also have 6 returning starters on the defensive side of the ball, so they would be a safe bet as the pre-season #1. Dave has never shown Gilmer any love, but I agree that they should be #1 based on returning #s.

trojan37
02-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Orange.

ccmom
02-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Apparently the Brownwood boys had already gone to bed before this thread was started.

LionKing
02-19-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Apparently the Brownwood boys had already gone to bed before this thread was started. Naaa, just waiting for nice folk like you to get things rolling.

orange machine
02-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Hey we cant bag on Brownwood to much. They came in last season like gangbusters and had won the title before the season got started, but they learned fast that 3a is alot tougher than they first thought and were forced to eat some humble pie. So i doubt they will be acting the same way this year like they did at the start of last year.;)

easttexas3a
02-19-2009, 03:41 AM
Of course I think the buckeyes will be a top 5 no doubt preseason, asI think they are returning 10-7 if I am not mistaken. The other teams around here don't look like there will be a real state contender except if Carthage can reload. Carthage had some good young talent on that team, and we will see how well they will deal with the new found fame. In fact if things workout a certain way the Buckeyes could be facing the bulldogs in the first round.

I like Celina to do well again this year, I mean they are a safe bet year in and year out to have a good season, you would also put Liberty Hill, Abiline Wylie, and Waco La Vega in that category I would presume.

Lion_Addict
02-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
So i doubt they will be acting the same way this year like they did at the start of last year.;)

:evillol: :evillol: ...........wanna bet?

You big boys just ignore Brownwood and keep them outta your "top teams" in the state. Who gives a monkey turd where we're ranked at the beginning of the season. We'll see what the polsters have to say after the Lions march through District ;) .

It's the dawn of a NEW era in the WOOD and I'm thinkin there's gonna be a little shock & awe in store for 2 3-A this season......and it will be courtesy of the colors of the "Maroon & White".

:devil: :p :stirpot:

LH Panther Mom
02-19-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
:evillol: :evillol: ...........wanna bet?

You big boys just ignore Brownwood and keep them outta your "top teams" in the state. Who gives a monkey turd where we're ranked at the beginning of the season. We'll see what the polsters have to say after the Lions march through District ;) .

It's the dawn of a NEW era in the WOOD and I'm thinkin there's gonna be a little shock & awe in store for 2 3-A this season......and it will be courtesy of the colors of the "Maroon & White".

:devil: :p :stirpot:
Rocket? :confused: :confused:

:devil: :p

Lion_Addict
02-19-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Rocket? :confused: :confused:

:devil: :p

Just a SUB...........Coach put me in!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :D

BILLYFRED0000
02-19-2009, 08:42 AM
I would go with Gilmer also. my top 5 might b

Gilmer
Abilene Wylie
Celina
LH
Prosper

waterboy
02-19-2009, 08:56 AM
I think Gilmer will probably get the nod at the number 1 spot. I can see that based on what they have returning. As for the other part of the top 25, who knows? I think they will have at least 3 of my top five in their top 5. My top 5 would likely include Celina, Abilene Wylie, Liberty Hill, and Carthage. Honestly, I don't see Carthage dropping off as much as some think. They will struggle early with all the replacements and the tough schedule, but come the middle of November they will be there. They will likely be overlooked again in the polls, though, especially if they lose a couple of games early.

charlesrixey
02-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Gilmer will be the pre-season favorite

Celina and Wylie are likely top 5 teams, and Carthage is probably top 10

this is based on my own personal beliefs about the teams, not what i think the polls will reflect.

i don't think LH should start in the top 10, which is fine---they will be okay come playoff time.

Prosper is a top 25 team, but they will take a little time as the year starts. If they find a QB who is 75% of what Nix was for them, then watch out (the cupboard is not bare, and they are finding out how to be a great team, obviously)

ol country boy
02-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Most likely it will be the same teams as usuall. Tradition doesn't Graduate.

Teams to be at the top: Ab. Wylie, Brownwood, Carthage, Celina, Cuero, Gilmer, & Liberty Hill. ---In Alphabetical Order

I honestly feel that Prosper and Waco La Vega will not finish like they did this year.

Waco La Vega will be looking at 15-20 if you know what I mean. But that is a another story & I do not want to open a can of worms but most likely already did.

Prosper will be like Bandera from a few years ago. Won state with a good group of kids, got the right breaks in the playoffs, got hot at the right time of the year.

cshscougar08
02-19-2009, 09:29 AM
I also believe that Gilmer will be at the top of the rankings to start the season. After that, I have no idea. But I do believe we'll see the usual suspects up there: Wylie, LH, Celina, Cuero, maybe Prosper.

From a Centex point of view it's going to be interesting to see what La Vega and China Spring do. La Vega still has Chris Parr, assuming that he stays out of trouble until the season starts next year. China Spring loses a lot so I think a lot of people need to step up to have another successful season. Playoffs are very likely, but a run isn't unless you get people to step up.

lostaussie
02-19-2009, 11:33 AM
1 Tigers
2 Bulldogs
3 Pirates
4 Lions
5 Cougars
6 Bears
7 Panthers
8 Mustangs
9 Gobblers
10 Eagles

WildTexan972
02-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Standard top teams will be well thought of and rightly so....

Gilmer, LH, La Vega, Wylie, Celina, Cuero, WOS

Prosper may get decent preseason discussion but NO they are not going to be a Top10 team this year, nor will Carthage...an earlier post says they "reload"....oh?....they make a rare late playoff run and that is reload? Carthage was great this past year with the QB and RB but they are gone and those guys WERE Carthage.....they are not Top10 again

waterboy
02-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
1 Tigers
2 Bulldogs
3 Pirates
4 Lions
5 Cougars
6 Bears
7 Panthers
8 Mustangs
9 Gobblers
10 Eagles
I don't see no Buckeyes!:eek: What's up with that?:confused:

Hey, aussie, what's up with smoaky's site? I can't get on over there. Can you?

lostaussie
02-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I don't see no Buckeyes!:eek: What's up with that?:confused:

Hey, aussie, what's up with smoaky's site? I can't get on over there. Can you? I haven't been on there in quite some time. Too many a-holes 4 me.

waterboy
02-19-2009, 11:59 AM
I haven't been on there in quite some time. Too many a-holes 4 me.
Could you do me a favor and try to get on? I need to find out whether it's me, or whether the site is actually down. Pretty please?:D

lostaussie
02-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Could you do me a favor and try to get on? I need to find out whether it's me, or whether the site is actually down. Pretty please?:D I got right on, no problems. And WTH is up with the "pretty please". Your brothers know you talk like that:D

waterboy
02-19-2009, 03:04 PM
I got right on, no problems. And WTH is up with the "pretty please". Your brothers know you talk like that:D
What are ya talkin' 'bout? That's how they ask me to do anything! Hehehehehe!:D Believe me, they are ALWAYS askin' for somethin'!:dispntd:

cookiemonster
02-19-2009, 03:12 PM
I believe that LH will be tested for the District Championship this year by Wimberly in 8 3A

ratherbfishin
02-19-2009, 03:21 PM
You asked for top 5 to start the season...here are mine...not saying they finish like that...and def not in this order...I think all the rest are homer picks and BS.....

Gilmer
Carthage
Celina
LH
Wos