PDA

View Full Version : HS BBall Brawl

Bullaholic
02-18-2009, 04:19 PM
It just doesn't get much worse than this. I hate to help publicize such bad HS athlete behavior, but this was just outrageous.

http://www.wsfa.com/global/story.asp?s=9859983

Electus Unus
02-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Pathetic and I'm glad charges are being filed.

trojan37
02-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Those are some stupid @#% people right there. I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T!

Phil C
02-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Can't we all just get along?

:(

:mad:

kaorder1999
02-18-2009, 04:53 PM
What? I thought that stuff only happened in Dallas ISD

forum_guy
02-18-2009, 05:06 PM
its always good to see something like this :clap:

espn1
02-18-2009, 05:13 PM
And you wonder why people profile?

STAggie
02-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by espn1

Yea cause I have never seen any other people get ina fight at a basketball game. A quick youtube search will bring up just as many all white teams fighting as all black teams. Take the ignorant rhetoric else where.

nobogey72
02-18-2009, 05:24 PM

Your confederate flag gives me a pretty good "profile" on you.:mad:

kaorder1999
02-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Your confederate flag gives me a pretty good "profile" on you.:mad:

:eek:

espn1
02-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Your confederate flag gives me a pretty good "profile" on you.:mad: Thank you! I Whistle Dixie!

Emerson1
02-18-2009, 05:34 PM
+1

Emerson1
02-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Yea cause I have never seen any other people get ina fight at a basketball game. A quick youtube search will bring up just as many all white teams fighting as all black teams. Take the ignorant rhetoric else where.
I don't think we would see Highland Park and SLC getting in a brawl where the fans came storming out onto the court.

espn1
02-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I don't think we would see Highland Park and SLC getting in a brawl where the fans came storming out onto the court. Ditto that fo sho!

STAggie
02-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I don't think we would see Highland Park and SLC getting in a brawl where the fans came storming out onto the court.

Thats cause they might break a nail or mess up their hair. :D

You have to realize that is an unfair comparison, oh well not going to change anyone's mind so I am done. Wave your symbol of ignorance and oppresion around all you want.

'merica.

Reds fan
02-18-2009, 05:39 PM
It would appear the refs let this one get a little out of control:D

It seems strangely ironic that the announcer at one point says "ladies and gentlemen" to get the crowds attention! LOL

Seriously this is just plain sad to see.:(

espn1
02-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Yea cause I have never seen any other people get ina fight at a basketball game. A quick youtube search will bring up just as many all white teams fighting as all black teams. Take the ignorant rhetoric else where. Please help me locate a few that even come close to this.

Emerson1
02-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Please help me locate a few that even come close to this.
and did the fans come pouring into it to?

espn1
02-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Oh! here's one! Brawl! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq6-34DS-ao)

turbostud
02-18-2009, 08:46 PM
We had a brawl at a game this year. We were playing the defending district champs at their house and we were the favorite to win the DC. with about 3 min to go and us with a 12 point lead, the game pretty much out of reach, one of the other teams player decides since they arent going to win the game he was going to start a fight. He sucker punched one of our kids and started an all out brawl. The student section from the other team and fans from the other team poured onto the court. It was a mess. 2 of our players were suspended 2 games and I never heard what happened to the other player. Really hurt our team mentally the rest of the season although we still won the DC.

coach
02-18-2009, 09:09 PM
imo this fight was worse than the indiana pacer detriot brawl

turbostud
02-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Here is some white boys throwin down and sportin the 80's haircuts.:D

Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=werkotjrXf4&feature=related)

IHStangFan
02-18-2009, 09:33 PM
that's terrible....but on the other issue I see evolving here.....I have a few questions and statements I'd like to throw out there for consideration....

Yes.....some people profile....some are spot on...some are arrogant/ignorant and way off base. I say this though...if the shoe fits....wear it. There are people in each culture that give the rest a bad name...and unfortunately when it comes to African-Americans the main theme that beams through is that of which rap videos and such paint. When you have kids growing up aspiring and emulating things they see their "idols" do in these videos (and this is just one example...as I expect D30PP to be in here waving his flag any min after I post this....it's fairly accurate and I'll stand by that)....the "urban" culture is just that...it's a CULTURE...it's not just music....similar to the anti-war movement in the 60s...it was more than music..it was a sub-culture and anyone involved was labled a hippy...but that was okay because it was mainly made up of whites...so to stereotype and profile was accepted. Some seem to think it is a lifestyle....and it is the one...fotrunate or as unfortunate as it is...that most blacks seemed to identify with and therefore are labled accordingly. I for one am very tired of being told that I owe any of these people anything because of what some plantation owner did almost 200 yrs ago and being lumped into "that" pot just because of the color of MY skin. Reverse racisim is racisim too. Hell....I'm of Irish/Scot descent...you don't see me pickinging and rioting and demanding repariations in London....and my people were persecuted WAY longer than the blacks. The time of relying on the old "the man is keeing me down" crutch is over...there's a black man in the White House and if he can do it, any black man can do it. Theres nobody to blame anymore if you don't make something of your life. So...if that gets me banned/ROM so be it. I'm tired of the "oh your profiling, your racist, you're opressing me, etc. crap." It's played out and as of Obama being swarn into office.....obsolete. :mad:

espn1
02-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
that's terrible....but on the other issue I see evolving here.....I have a few questions and statements I'd like to throw out there for consideration....

Yes.....some people profile....some are spot on...some are arrogant/ignorant and way off base. I say this though...if the shoe fits....wear it. There are people in each culture that give the rest a bad name...and unfortunately when it comes to African-Americans the main theme that beams through is that of which rap videos and such paint. When you have kids growing up aspiring and emulating things they see their "idols" do in these videos (and this is just one example...as I expect D30PP to be in here waving his flag any min after I post this....it's fairly accurate and I'll stand by that)....the "urban" culture is just that...it's a CULTURE...it's not just music....similar to the anti-war movement in the 60s...it was more than music..it was a sub-culture and anyone involved was labled a hippy...but that was okay because it was mainly made up of whites...so to stereotype and profile was accepted. Some seem to think it is a lifestyle....and it is the one...fotrunate or as unfortunate as it is...that most blacks seemed to identify with and therefore are labled accordingly. I for one am very tired of being told that I owe any of these people anything because of what some plantation owner did almost 200 yrs ago and being lumped into "that" pot just because of the color of MY skin. Reverse racisim is racisim too. Hell....I'm of Irish/Scot descent...you don't see me pickinging and rioting and demanding repariations in London....and my people were persecuted WAY longer than the blacks. The time of relying on the old "the man is keeing me down" crutch is over...there's a black man in the White House and if he can do it, any black man can do it. Theres nobody to blame anymore if you don't make something of your life. So...if that gets me banned/ROM so be it. I'm tired of the "oh your profiling, your racist, you're opressing me, etc. crap." It's played out and as of Obama being swarn into office.....obsolete. :mad:
Amen Brother! I'm tired of it myself! But I do pray about it every Sunday!

bjrod9
02-18-2009, 09:58 PM
That was freakin crazy.Wow!:mad:

SWMustang
02-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Thread lock coming in 3-2-1....

SintonFan_inAustin
02-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Thread lock coming in 3-2-1.... its made it through most of the day so far. :)

every fan that left the stands and pour into the court should get arrested!!

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 10:15 PM

That was very politically incorrect(so some will take this as a slap). I don't see any derogatory or harmful-meaning words in your "rant". I agree with you, but ehh, many folks choose to believe the hippy crap that they should use emotions to base their actions or opinions (no matter the consequences) instead of sound judgment to make decisions that can be emotional in it's nature.
I applaud you for your courage to say what you believe in today's climate.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Thread lock coming in 3-2-1....
Why should this thread be locked? Because someone said something that was un-popular? I thought that's why millions here died for? The right to disagree with others is among those reasons.
Don't fall into the politically correct trap. When you do, other opinions ARE NOT tolerated. Is this America or the beginning of true oppression... when you don't want to even read or hear opinions that you disagree with.
Political Correctness= War on Truth
think about it...:)

kepdawg
02-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Why should this thread be locked? Because someone said something that was un-popular? I thought that's why millions here died for? The right to disagree with others is among those reasons.
Don't fall into the politically correct trap. When you do, other opinions ARE NOT tolerated. Is this America or the beginning of true oppression... when you don't want to even read or hear opinions that you disagree with.

It's 3ADL where we don't have the right to free speech!

IHStangFan
02-18-2009, 10:26 PM
That was very politically incorrect(so some will take this as a slap). I don't see any derogatory or harmful-meaning words in your "rant". I agree with you, but ehh, many folks choose to believe the hippy crap that they should use emotions to base their actions or opinions (no matter the consequences) instead of sound judgment to make decisions that can be emotional in it's nature.
I applaud you for your courage to say what you believe in today's climate.
:clap: :clap: :clap: basically, I do not believe I'm a racist, I believe every man is CREATED equal...but from there it's up to his parents and then himself to take the wheel and choose a road in life....and if he chooses NOT to, it's not anyone elses fault...and that's black, white, brown, yellow.....I'm just tired of being called a racist for expressing that fact. Accept responsibility for your own life, and do something w/ it or don't but quit trying to pass the buck of blame when the path you choose takes you to where the road signs were pointing all along.

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
It's 3ADL where we don't have the right to free speech!
Kep...
I defer to you...
where's my bheer!:p
I'm aware of it all.:nerd:

IHStangFan
02-18-2009, 10:28 PM
think about it...:) this is EXACTLY what I'm ranting about....because a WHITE guy says something that others don't like hearing that makes me a racist.

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 10:35 PM
basically, I do not believe I'm a racist, I believe every man is CREATED equal...but from there it's up to his parents and then himself to take the wheel and choose a road in life....and if he chooses NOT to, it's not anyone elses fault...and that's black, white, brown, yellow.....I'm just tired of being called a racist for expressing that fact. Accept responsibility for your own life, and do something w/ it or don't but quit trying to pass the buck of blame when the path you choose takes you to where the road signs were pointing all along.
IHSF,
I agree with you but when the CREATOR becomes man(like today), then man can become a creator without reservations toward who they can blame.
The only thing you can pin blame on the actual CREATOR is unjust suffering...
When man is the creator, you can blame everything on everyone... instead of yourself.

SWMustang
02-18-2009, 10:39 PM

preaching to the choir, SF.

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 10:40 PM
this is EXACTLY what I'm ranting about....because a WHITE guy says something that others don't like hearing that makes me a racist.
No one here is calling you racist [politcal correctness might]. The problem lies...
and lies and lies.

IHStangFan
02-18-2009, 10:41 PM
IHSF,
I agree with you but when the CREATOR becomes man(like today), then man can become a creator without reservations toward who they can blame.
The only thing you can pin blame on the actual CREATOR is unjust suffering...
When man is the creator, you can blame everything on everyone... instead of yourself. insightful and also correct.

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 10:41 PM
preaching to the choir, SF.
Sorry dude.
:doh:

IHStangFan
02-18-2009, 10:43 PM
No one here is calling you racist [politcal correctness might]. The problem lies...
and lies and lies. that's valid.....nobody HERE is.....and as far as PC.....to get to know me is to learn that I think PC is a cancer and is eating away at this country and the very values that once made it great. Heaven forbid anyone speaks their mind and is TRUTHFUL about what they are thinking in fear of offending someone even when what is being said is the truth.

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 10:47 PM
that's valid.....nobody HERE is.....and as far as PC.....to get to know me is to learn that I think PC is a cancer and is eating away at this country and the very values that once made it great. Heaven forbid anyone speaks their mind and is TRUTHFUL about what they are thinking in fear of offending someone even when what is being said is the truth.
That is why I applauded you in your choice of words.:clap:
Took some guts here with so many young ones around. I know...
I have to de-program my kids when it comes to politically correct stuff all the time.:hairpunk:

IHStangFan
02-18-2009, 10:54 PM
That is why I applauded you in your choice of words.:clap:
Took some guts here with so many young ones around. I know...
I have to de-program my kids when it comes to politically correct stuff all the time.:hairpunk: well thank you for appreciating my viewpoint. I must say, I figured I'd be ROM'd by now for speaking what was on my mind. I am an opinionated one as you and others here MAY know LOL....and I've never been one to hold my tongue just because what I have to say may offend someone. I look at it like this......if I'm speaking my mind on something and someone is offended....then maybe there's some validity to what I'm saying and it IS directed at that person.....but if it dosen't apply to said person...then theres no reason to get defensive. I've learned that most don't like being called on their shortcomings.....and that includes myself. But I've also learned to try to take constructive critisim and take a deeper look at myself when someone points something out and see if there is any validity to it. I'm not perfect by a long shot.

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm not perfect by a long shot.
Because you are not perfect makes you a perfect person to point out your own shortcomings and since you have experience in that, can then point out others' shortcomings.
Nothing like good old Wisdom...
but that eh is polically incorrect.:D ;)
Keep on keeping on IHStanFan because there's too few of you out there.:clap:

DDBooger
02-18-2009, 11:08 PM
While I disagree with many of you all's perceptions of society, we know that was established a long time ago! lol You may find it strange that I agree with your stance on PC! I believe the internalization of people's opinion manifests itself into hate, feeling of being ostracized, and hides peoples real persona. IHStang Fan is right about one thing, we are all racist in one way or another. Where it differs is when it flows down or up. While perceived as the same, it is different. My father when he began on the railroad wasn't even allowed to enter the office, He is now one of the oldest members, has power within the organization, heads the union and has a pretty dim view of white's perception of equity. I on the other hand had a much different experience with white people in Calallen, I was accepted where as my father was not really for a long time. Did I experience racism, sure, when I hear, "yeah, he's one of the smart ones" in reference to my race and intellectual ability. However that is ignorant more than racism. I have my opinions of white people, some good, some bad. I CHOOSE not to share it, but I want the ability if I CHOSE to, to give my opinion w/o fear of persecution. So here we agree ;)

IHStangFan
02-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Because you are not perfect makes you a perfect person to point out your own shortcomings and since you have experience in that, can then point out others' shortcomings.
Nothing like good old Wisdom...
but that eh is polically incorrect.:D ;)
Keep on keeping on IHStanFan because there's too few of you out there.:clap: well again...thank you for noticing and on the flip side of the coin, there aren't many such as yourself out there that appreciate in your face honesty anymore either. Wish there were more like YOU out there. This country is in a tailspin in every way,.........socially, financially, politically....and it's people like you and myself that need to stand up and have our voices heard. "WE ARE NOT CONTENT OR SATISFIED WITH WHERE WE ARE HEADED" ....and until that happens...we'll continue in our downward spiral....and PC plays a VERY large part in that in my opinion. Wake up America and start demanding what is rightfully yours and guarenteed to you by our forefathers. Stop settling for complacency and the false "warm and fuzzy" that comes w/ not speaking up and offending anyone.

Okay....rant over, LOL

pirate4state
02-18-2009, 11:13 PM
I'm glad you all got that out of your system. The fact that IHStangfan figured he'd be ROM'd by now speaks for itself.

I don't disagree with what many of yall are saying, but there are rules in place for a reason.

Sometimes I'm not sure what those reasons are and other times I am VERY aware of what they are! :)

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
While I disagree with many of you all's perceptions of society, we know that was established a long time ago! lol You may find it strange that I agree with your stance on PC! I believe the internalization of people's opinion manifests itself into hate, feeling of being ostracized, and hides peoples real persona. IHStang Fan is right about one thing, we are all racist in one way or another. Where it differs is when it flows down or up. While perceived as the same, it is different. My father when he began on the railroad wasn't even allowed to enter the office, He is now one of the oldest members, has power within the organization, heads the union and has a pretty dim view of white's perception of equity. I on the other hand had a much different experience with white people in Calallen, I was accepted where as my father was not really for a long time. Did I experience racism, sure, when I hear, "yeah, he's one of the smart ones" in reference to my race and intellectual ability. However that is ignorant more than racism. I have my opinions of white people, some good, some bad. I CHOOSE not to share it, but I want the ability if I CHOSE to, to give my opinion w/o fear of persecution. So here we agree ;)
Would you call that Wisdom in the face of today's political correctness?
I do disagree with you that "we are all racist one way or another"; and the way you presented that made his "rant" look pretty darn bad... almost like you used emotion to base your opinion.:p

kepdawg
02-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm glad you all got that out of your system. The fact that IHStangfan figured he'd be ROM'd by now speaks for itself.

I don't disagree with what many of yall are saying, but there are rules in place for a reason.

Sometimes I'm not sure what those reasons are and other times I am VERY aware of what they are! :)

The police is here!

http://www.morehouse.edu/themaroontiger/police-siren-animated.gif

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 11:18 PM

I look at your signature and draw inspiration.......
:D

DDBooger
02-18-2009, 11:19 PM

I do disagree with you that "we are all racist one way or another"; disagree all you want, I'm not trying to convince you of anything, my experiences and yours will not always be the same.

and the way you presented that made his "rant" look pretty darn bad... almost like you used emotion to base your opinion.:p
please elaborate? I thought my emotions were far more controlled than the rants prior! ;)

IHStangFan
02-18-2009, 11:21 PM
While I disagree with many of you all's perceptions of society, we know that was established a long time ago! lol You may find it strange that I agree with your stance on PC! I believe the internalization of people's opinion manifests itself into hate, feeling of being ostracized, and hides peoples real persona. IHStang Fan is right about one thing, we are all racist in one way or another. Where it differs is when it flows down or up. While perceived as the same, it is different. My father when he began on the railroad wasn't even allowed to enter the office, He is now one of the oldest members, has power within the organization, heads the union and has a pretty dim view of white's perception of equity. I on the other hand had a much different experience with white people in Calallen, I was accepted where as my father was not really for a long time. Did I experience racism, sure, when I hear, "yeah, he's one of the smart ones" in reference to my race and intellectual ability. However that is ignorant more than racism. I have my opinions of white people, some good, some bad. I CHOOSE not to share it, but I want the ability if I CHOSE to, to give my opinion w/o fear of persecution. So here we agree ;) :clap: I appaud you. I've never said that all black men have had it easy....that'd be ignorant of me...and racism still exists sadly enough in some places. Where I feel that I have no sympathy is when I see a young black man who would rather fall into the stereotype rather than get an education and take charege of their life, (Hell...and honestly...that doesn't apply to just blacks...that's ANYBODY.)....cry poverty and racisim and be content with it......that's where I have a problem. Take charge young man.....you're not hendered by any one man other than yourself. You're not incapible of doing something w/ yourself. I appaud you for rising above it all and getting an education. Black men like YOU.....not Jay Z or Lil Wayne or Allen Iverson or WHOEVER....should be a role model for young black men. Maybe that makes me sound ignorant, but that's how I feel about the issue. Success is not out of reach for anyone regardless of skin color, religion, sexual orientation, etc. :clap: You sir are an inspiration and a breath of fresh air.

DDBooger
02-18-2009, 11:25 PM
:clap: I appaud you. I've never said that all black men have had it easy....that'd be ignorant of me...and racism still exists sadly enough in some places. Where I feel that I have no sympathy is when I see a young black man who would rather fall into the stereotype rather than get an education and take charege of their life, (Hell...and honestly...that doesn't apply to just blacks...that's ANYBODY.)....cry poverty and racisim and be content with it......that's where I have a problem. Take charge young man.....you're not hendered by any one man other than yourself. You're not incapible of doing something w/ yourself. I appaud you for rising above it all and getting an education. Black men like YOU.....not Jay Z or Lil Wayne or Allen Iverson or WHOEVER....should be a role model for young black men. Maybe that makes me sound ignorant, but that's how I feel about the issue. Success is not out of reach for anyone regardless of skin color, religion, sexual orientation, etc. :clap: You sir are an inspiration and a breath of fresh air. not ignorant and it is a line of thinking that people like Bill Cosby and others preach to black men to take back their young generation. We've essentially seen Black Women do all the heavy work in their family dynamic. Are there some structural explanations for that, sure, prosecution rates, sentencing disparities etc. But there is also choice involved, some have less, some more, but inevitably, a person has to decide. It is a debate that in my profession continues, Structure or Agency. Top down or bottom up.

IHStangFan
02-18-2009, 11:26 PM
I do disagree with you that "we are all racist one way or another"; and the way you presented that made his "rant" look pretty darn bad... almost like you used emotion to base your opinion.:p I took no offense to it......in a way he's right...I'd say...I'm not racist against any particular race of people.....but there are certain groups WITHIN each race.....I guess what I'm saying is I'm opposed to certain mindsets that one may take and use as a crutch....each race has them....and I dislike ANY person...regardless of the color of their skin that expects a handout, or special treatment based on their skin color, religion, sexual preferences, etc. It's an equal playing field, get in line like the rest of us, contribute, pay taxes and prosper. This is America after all. If anyone is keeping "you" down....it's you. (not being directed any any one person).

DDBooger
02-18-2009, 11:30 PM
I took no offense to it......in a way he's right...I'd say...I'm not racist against any particular race of people.....but there are certain groups WITHIN each race.....I guess what I'm saying is I'm opposed to certain mindsets that one may take and use as a crutch....each race has them....and I dislike ANY person...regardless of the color of their skin that expects a handout, or special treatment based on their skin color, religion, sexual preferences, etc. It's an equal playing field, get in line like the rest of us, contribute, pay taxes and prosper. This is America after all. If anyone is keeping "you" down....it's you. (not being directed any any one person). ;) I knew you'd get it, it wasn't a shot at you, but an agreement on different premise. I too dislike anyone UNWILLING to help themselves IF the means are available from which to pull themselves out structurally.

pirate4state
02-18-2009, 11:32 PM
I look at your signature and draw inspiration.......

good and now i've changed it :D

DDBooger
02-18-2009, 11:35 PM
good and now i've changed it :D hahaha that is great. Rita Jessup, it has promise! One of my absolute favorite Nicholson roles.

IHStangFan
02-18-2009, 11:35 PM
;) I knew you'd get it, it wasn't a shot at you, but an agreement on different premise. I too dislike anyone UNWILLING to help themselves IF the means are available from which to pull themselves out structurally. agreed. I would venture to say 90% of the time one is held back more financially than in any other way. I for one have been in this boat....I've been down and out and didn't know where my next meal would come from or where I was going to sleep.....but it did not stop me from clawing and digging my way out of that abyss. There's ALWAYS a way and there's always hope....but it's up to one's self to make the decision "I'm not content w/ my situation and it's up to ME and me ONLY to fix this".

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2009, 11:36 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: I thought this thread was about a huge fight at a basketball game!!!!!!!

DDBooger
02-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: :doh: I thought this thread was about a huge fight at a basketball game!!!!!!! well believe it or not, you may be witnessing a thread where race was brought up and people weren't itching to destroy each other! haha Good can come out of anything, you just not reasonable people to exchange ideas and open minds to accept them, whether they subscribe to them or not! There is no better way to cure divisions than to spend a second or two in the shoes of someone else. Be it White man's burden or minority's experiences.

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 11:42 PM
disagree all you want, I'm not trying to convince you of anything, my experiences and yours will not always be the same.

please elaborate? I thought my emotions were far more controlled than the rants prior! ;)
First part. We can agree to disagree, but many with close to your point of view don't see that, hence the whole PC mantra.
I think the whole "society-based" argument is flawed and somewhat based on emotions... it leaves out a very important part of society when arguments are layed out.
Us, we, people's , them and so on is always used...
so the whole "society-based" argument is meant to blame others and doesn't look at where responsibility is ultimate. Within ourselves
We came blame everyone for everything but until we take responsibility for our actions, and I do myself, it IS easy to blame "society" for our own shortcomings and then the result...
Everyone is justified to do anything because they then are right in their own mind, blaming society for their ills.
Heck, we already sympathize with terrorist today based on "their view of society" even if they want to still kill us.
Europeans are dealing with the fruits of their own PC based thought...

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2009, 11:43 PM
well believe it or not, you may be witnessing a thread where race was brought up and people weren't itching to destroy each other! haha Good can come out of anything, you just not reasonable people to exchange ideas and open minds to accept them, whether they subscribe to them or not! There is no better way to cure divisions than to spend a second or two in the shoes of someone else. Be it White man's burden or minority's experiences.
Talk about a major thread hijack. :p

IHStangFan
02-18-2009, 11:44 PM
well believe it or not, you may be witnessing a thread where race was brought up and people weren't itching to destroy each other! haha Good can come out of anything, you just not reasonable people to exchange ideas and open minds to accept them, whether they subscribe to them or not! There is no better way to cure divisions than to spend a second or two in the shoes of someone else. Be it White man's burden or minority's experiences. amen to that. When people can get together, exchange ideas and beliefs, remain civil without fear of being persecuted for said beliefs and ideas.....or the sharing of.....it's a good thing. Sadly, PC, censorship, etc. usually get in the way.

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 11:45 PM
good and now i've changed it :D
umm
thank you???
:D :p

DDBooger
02-18-2009, 11:45 PM
First part. We can agree to disagree, but many with close to your point of view don't see that, hence the whole PC mantra.
I think the whole "society-based" argument is flawed and somewhat based on emotions... it leaves out a very important part of society when arguments are layed out.
Us, we, people's , them and so on is always used...
so the whole "society-based" argument is meant to blame others and doesn't look at where responsibility is ultimate. Within ourselves
We came blame everyone for everything but until we take responsibility for our actions, and I do myself, it IS easy to blame "society" for our own shortcomings and then the result...
Everyone is justified to do anything because they then are right in their own mind, blaming society for their ills.
Heck, we already sympathize with terrorist today based on "their view of society" even if they want to still kill us.
Europeans are dealing with the fruits of their own PC based thought... I think you are headed in a different direction and quite honestly you seem to have more emotional attachment to this than me. I could be cynical and disinterested in a white persons perspective, but understanding will bridge my experience to theirs and why they differ. The idea of sympathizing with terrorists is ignorant, but understanding from where they arise and what part we played in getting them there is important. You can't do anything for the committed but kill them, but you will never kill enough, only breed more discontent.

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 11:48 PM
well believe it or not, you may be witnessing a thread where race was brought up and people weren't itching to destroy each other! haha Good can come out of anything, you just not reasonable people to exchange ideas and open minds to accept them, whether they subscribe to them or not! There is no better way to cure divisions than to spend a second or two in the shoes of someone else. Be it White man's burden or minority's experiences.
Boog, have we talked before?:D

DDBooger
02-18-2009, 11:51 PM
amen to that. When people can get together, exchange ideas and beliefs, remain civil without fear of being persecuted for said beliefs and ideas.....or the sharing of.....it's a good thing. Sadly, PC, censorship, etc. usually get in the way. It is my impact analysis of spokespersons who persecute those who use "choice" descriptions of minorities. By forcing those to internalize, you've stirred up more emotion than disarmed. Backlash will be two fold and only create coined phrases that can be defended, where as when someone uses a racial epithat, they expose themselves and you can ask them to legitimize their beliefs. Perhaps they can learn something from it, perhaps not, extremism is not simply a muslim practice! :rolleyes: lol

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 11:51 PM
I think you are headed in a different direction and quite honestly you seem to have more emotional attachment to this than me. I could be cynical and disinterested in a white persons perspective, but understanding will bridge my experience to theirs and why they differ. The idea of sympathizing with terrorists is ignorant, but understanding from where they arise and what part we played in getting them there is important. You can't do anything for the committed but kill them, but you will never kill enough, only breed more discontent.
lol
Just trying to poke holes in folks who raise the whole "society" thingy...
It does have major flaws and is way over-used.:p
Why does attachment have to have emotional ties?:inlove: :D

DDBooger
02-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Boog, have we talked before?:D haha yes I believe we have. ;)

IHStangFan
02-18-2009, 11:52 PM
I think you are headed in a different direction and quite honestly you seem to have more emotional attachment to this than me. I could be cynical and disinterested in a white persons perspective, but understanding will bridge my experience to theirs and why they differ. The idea of sympathizing with terrorists is ignorant, but understanding from where they arise and what part we played in getting them there is important. You can't do anything for the committed but kill them, but you will never kill enough, only breed more discontent. it's one thing to "understand" where "they" are coming from, but it's quite another to condone it or agree w/ it. So once again we agree. I've read the Quran.....and I understand where they are coming from.....but I surely don't agree w/ it's teachings. I've also done my homework on Muhammad, etc. In the realm of "terrorists" it is not one race of people or one country....it in this case....is a religion and to further narrow it down....extremists within a certain religion. Every religion has them...but most don't go around blowing themselves and others up. Muslim extremists that take certain passages in the Quran to heart is what we're facing. I can quote a particular passage if anyone cares to hear it...but it explains their mindset and actions perfectly. I understand them, but I disagree w/ them and their teachings. Do I "hate" them for it? No, but I wish they'd find other ways to conduct business and work out their differences w/ us infedels.

DDBooger
02-18-2009, 11:53 PM
l
Why does attachment have to have emotional ties?:inlove: :D who knows, because emotions are strong motivators! ;)

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 11:55 PM
it's one thing to "understand" where "they" are coming from, but it's quite another to condone it or agree w/ it. So once again we agree. I've read the Quran.....and I understand where they are coming from.....but I surely don't agree w/ it's teachings. I've also done my homework on Muhammad, etc. In the realm of "terrorists" it is not one race of people or one country....it in this case....is a religion and to further narrow it down....extremists within a certain religion. Every religion has them...but most don't go around blowing themselves and others up. Muslim extremists that take certain passages in the Quran to heart is what we're facing. I can quote a particular passage if anyone cares to hear it...but it explains their mindset and actions perfectly. I understand them, but I disagree w/ them and their teachings. Do I "hate" them for it? No, but I wish they'd find other ways to conduct business and work out their differences w/ us infedels.
Best quote the verse on the "non sports thread separately" so as not to get thread shut down, i would hope.:D
p4s...
thank you :D

IHStangFan
02-18-2009, 11:56 PM
extremism is not simply a muslim practice! :rolleyes: lol You are absolutely correct. Christians, Romans, etc. all persecuted and slaughtered many in the name of religion. The differece being....everyone else has evolved and found more civil and humane ways to spread their beliefs......Muslim/Islamic extremists are still doing business as they did 800 years ago. (Disclaimer....I realize this does not apply to ALL Muslims).

DDBooger
02-18-2009, 11:57 PM
it's one thing to "understand" where "they" are coming from, but it's quite another to condone it or agree w/ it. So once again we agree. I've read the Quran.....and I understand where they are coming from.....but I surely don't agree w/ it's teachings. I've also done my homework on Muhammad, etc. In the realm of "terrorists" it is not one race of people or one country....it in this case....is a religion and to further narrow it down....extremists within a certain religion. Every religion has them...but most don't go around blowing themselves and others up. Muslim extremists that take certain passages in the Quran to heart is what we're facing. I can quote a particular passage if anyone cares to hear it...but it explains their mindset and actions perfectly. I understand them, but I disagree w/ them and their teachings. Do I "hate" them for it? No, but I wish they'd find other ways to conduct business and work out their differences w/ us infedels. Well, the perversion of their religion has some origins in our foreign policies in that region. We did push totalitarian regimes on a people to disenfranchise them from the religious fundamentalists that brewed in Iran in response to a dictator in place there that we supported. The whole argument is circular, we are not absent of some blame.

pirate4state
02-18-2009, 11:58 PM
You know, these are the type of conversations that potheads have :smoker:

hahahahahahahahaha

SintonFan
02-18-2009, 11:58 PM
You are absolutely correct. Christians, Romans, etc. all persecuted and slaughtered many in the name of religion. The differece being....everyone else has evolved and found more civil and humane ways to spread their beliefs......Muslim/Islamic extremists are still doing business as they did 800 years ago. (Disclaimer....I realize this does not apply to ALL Muslims).
Watch out IHSF...
very un-politically correct.:doh: :D

DDBooger
02-18-2009, 11:59 PM

hahahahahahahahaha haha don't get IHStang going on that! haha I've had conversations with potheads, and while I think its illegality is nonsense, their claim to a higher state of mind is really unfounded! lmao

pirate4state
02-19-2009, 12:00 AM
haha don't get IHStang going on that! haha I've had conversations with potheads, and while I think its illegality is nonsense, their claim to a higher state of mind is really unfounded! lmao well i never said they were bright conversations, just that they have them :D

SintonFan

hahahahahahahahaha
How are the canines doing? They get regular walks?

IHStangFan
Well, the perversion of their religion has some origins in our foreign policies in that region. We did push totalitarian regimes on a people to disenfranchise them from the religious fundamentalists that brewed in Iran in response to a dictator in place there that we supported. The whole argument is circular, we are not absent of some blame. yes...but this is the tip of the iceberg. For Muslim extremists, it is MUCH more rooted in their religions teachings than it is in politics. I've lived amongst them, read their books, talked w/ them. Here in America and the "west" in general govermnet dictates, in the middle east,(in most countries) it is religion that dictates and government comes second.

SintonFan
02-19-2009, 12:02 AM
haha don't get IHStang going on that! haha I've had conversations with potheads, and while I think its illegality is nonsense, their claim to a higher state of mind is really unfounded! lmao
I think you stated it perfectly about the higher state of mind...:devil:

pirate4state
02-19-2009, 12:02 AM
How are the canines doing? They get regular walks?
:D Nope. I just let them pee in the house.

IHStangFan
02-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Watch out IHSF...
very un-politically correct.:doh: :D I only speak the truth...and having lived in that part of the world and experienced it...I feel I'm educated enough on the subject to have an opinion. I'm not out to take a shot at or offend anyone on purpose.

IHStangFan
02-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Nope. I just let them pee in the house. shame on you....put in a doggie door for crying out loud so they can do their business at their own discression!! MEANIE!!

DDBooger
02-19-2009, 12:04 AM
yes...but this is the tip of the iceberg. For Muslim extremists, it is MUCH more rooted in their religions teachings than it is in politics. I've lived amongst them, read their books, talked w/ them. Here in America and the "west" in general govermnet dictates, in the middle east,(in most countries) it is religion that dictates and government comes second. actually their religion is a guide for how they conduct govt in non-secular nations. Fundamentalism was largely being set aside and many muslim nations benefited from adoption of western ideas, however, like a domino, once mettled with, totalitarianism breeded discontent and people sought answers and the loudest piper was the one preaching a return to Fundamentalist Islamic law.

SintonFan
02-19-2009, 12:05 AM
yes...but this is the tip of the iceberg. For Muslim extremists, it is MUCH more rooted in their religions teachings than it is in politics. I've lived amongst them, read their books, talked w/ them. Here in America and the "west" in general govermnet dictates, in the middle east,(in most countries) it is religion that dictates and government comes second.
But those without religion need something to believe in right? Could it be modern government they put their faith in(like in Eurpoe)?:D

pirate4state
02-19-2009, 12:05 AM
You 3 need to stop now while you are ahead

SintonFan
02-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Nope. I just let them pee in the house.
p4s...
I'm crushed by the use of no smilies...
:( :eek:

DDBooger
02-19-2009, 12:07 AM
But those without religion need something to believe in right? Could it be modern government they put their faith in(like in Eurpoe)?:D or God, and just sit at home and pray for a miracle? accept mediocrity so they can receive the kingdom in the next life? Accept persecution because turning the cheek is the acceptable thing to do? Even Christianity can be perverted into a hegemonic belief to subdue those who have little.

IHStangFan
02-19-2009, 12:08 AM
You 3 need to stop now while you are ahead are we really that out of line? No name calling, no poo slinging....CAAAAAHMMAAAANN!! Let it ride!! :D

pirate4state
02-19-2009, 12:08 AM
You 3 need to stop now while you are ahead

ahem....

SintonFan
02-19-2009, 12:09 AM
or God, and just sit at home and pray for a miracle? accept mediocrity so they can receive the kingdom in the next life? Accept persecution because turning the cheek is the acceptable thing to do? Even Christianity can be perverted into a hegemonic belief to subdue those who have little.
Yes, we see that everyday on the news...:p

SintonFan
Sorry maam...
:doh:

pirate4state
are we really that out of line? No name calling, no poo slinging....CAAAAAHMMAAAANN!! Let it ride!! :D why? so i can get another pm about playing favorites? no thanks. call it a night guys.

IHStangFan
02-19-2009, 12:10 AM
or God, and just sit at home and pray for a miracle? accept mediocrity so they can receive the kingdom in the next life? Accept persecution because turning the cheek is the acceptable thing to do? Even Christianity can be perverted into a hegemonic belief to subdue those who have little. You are correct....but don't get me started on organized religion.....

DDBooger
Yes, we see that everyday on the news...:p and forming an opinion by what is BROADCAST to you is as ignorant as those who choose to believe what I said! But I know you know that! ;)

IHStangFan
why? so i can get another pm about playing favorites? no thanks. call it a night guys. if it'll make you feel better I'll PM you about what a wonderful job you're doing. :D

yahoo messenger guys? LOL.

SintonFan
02-19-2009, 12:11 AM
why? so i can get another pm about playing favorites? no thanks. call it a night guys.
It IS late...
best I get on my way...
Gni yall!

DDBooger
02-19-2009, 12:11 AM
why? so i can get another pm about playing favorites? no thanks. call it a night guys. I am, as always, been fun SintonFan and IHStang Fan!

SintonFan
02-19-2009, 12:13 AM
and forming an opinion by what is BROADCAST to you is as ignorant as those who choose to believe what I said! But I know you know that! ;)
And hence more holes in the whole "society argument"...:p :D

IHStangFan
and forming an opinion by what is BROADCAST to you is as ignorant as those who choose to believe what I said! But I know you know that! ;) oh my goodness...had this discussion the other night w/ a buddy......we were discussing the gathering of one's news and facts....I expressed that I find as MANY sources as possible...read all related articles on as many sources as I can find...then sort through the crap, extrapolate the facts...and form my on opinion....and I lised CNN as one of them....he went off on me about the left media, etc. and told me just to watch FOX. When I replied that Fox was slanted right he almost went insane. Talk about double standards. Nobody should gather their facts from just one source and think they have not just been force-fed their opinion.

SintonFan
I shut off my computer now!
No more fun...:D

IHStangFan
02-19-2009, 12:14 AM
take care fellas.....it's been fun and educational.

DDBooger
02-19-2009, 12:21 AM
And hence more holes in the whole "society argument"...:p :D and in the idea that an individual can act w/o social forces! ;)

Bullaholic
02-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Although we digressed from the thread topic of HS athletes and fans behaving badly at a basketball game to a discussion of race, I appreciate that this part of the discussion was done with realtive civility. The new U.S Attorney General has gone on record stating that Americans are afraid to discuss race issues openly and honestly, per the following link:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/18/holder.race.relations/index.html