PDA

View Full Version : #15 Liberty Hill V. #9 Navasota

HEMOTOXIC
02-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Warmup game on Saturday, February 21, 2009, 2 pm Navasota's Pit

District 8 Champion & the state's 15th ranked Liberty Hill Panthers will travel to Rattler Country for their first ever trip to the Pit to take on District 24 Champion & the state's 9th ranked Navasota Rattlers.

Liberty Hill (27-3)
Navasota (25-2)

Should be a dandy!!!

Go Snakes!

Looking4number8
02-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Didn't Liberty Hill play Early in a wam up game last week?

HEMOTOXIC
02-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Didn't Liberty Hill play Early in a wam up game last week?

Not sure, considering that the season just ended on the boys side, I doubt it. Maybe it was the girls? Maybe PantherMom can help us with this one.

Looking4number8
02-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Not sure, considering that the season just ended on the boys side, I doubt it. Maybe it was the girls? Maybe PantherMom can help us with this one.

I checked, it was the girls that did the warm up with Liberty Hill... now it all makes sense. Thanks

Daddy D 11
02-18-2009, 02:36 PM
We will kill Navasota :D

venomous tat2
02-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
We will kill Navasota :D

With a Knife or a gun LOL

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
With a Knife or a gun LOL
Whatever it takes. :devil:

I wish I could be there! GO RUNNIN' PANTHERS! :cheerl:

STAggie
02-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Wish I could make this trip Saturday but I can't. Good luck both teams, I called it after the Sealy tourny that Navasota would be top 10 by the end of the year.

HEMOTOXIC
02-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Wish I could make this trip Saturday but I can't. Good luck both teams, I called it after the Sealy tourny that Navasota would be top 10 by the end of the year.

Yes you did. Now, is there a championship in the future as well?:confused:

STAggie
02-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Yes you did. Now, is there a championship in the future as well?:confused:

Honestly, if they play up their ability and can get a good roll going I think we will see them in Austin. The two big bodies are going to be hard to handle the later in the season it gets and if the outside shooting stays consistent everyone will have trouble beating you guys. Any idea where the playoff game might be in the second round? If Sealy looses I am thining about following you guys around.

HEMOTOXIC
02-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Honestly, if they play up their ability and can get a good roll going I think we will see them in Austin. The two big bodies are going to be hard to handle the later in the season it gets and if the outside shooting stays consistent everyone will have trouble beating you guys. Any idea where the playoff game might be in the second round? If Sealy looses I am thining about following you guys around.

Well, it looks like it may be Hardin Jefferson for the third straight season. The last couple of years, we have played them at The Woodlands College Park. So I don't see any reason to change the location other than we may have bad luck playing there.:(

NastySlot
02-18-2009, 07:32 PM
liberty hill is good......saw them twice they are fast and play incredible defense.

OldBison75
02-19-2009, 09:08 AM
If anybody is looking for a top notch game to preview the playoffs, this is the game to see. Navasota has a very strong team with good speed, good shooting, and strong inside play from two players over 6'5" and 250 lbs. LH is quick and has an outstanding defense. This couldbe a preview of a game in Austin later in the playoffs. Both teams have the capability of making it to the finals. Nobody will be disappointed in the game matchup, no matter who you root for.

I will say that you will see a Navasota team that can play 10 players without much difference in intensity or ability. Navasota will also run the court with you or post up and power you if needed. The Rattlers don't shoot alot of threes, but will get alot of shots from 10-12 feet. Play them in a zone and they will kill you with quick passing and penetration. Try the man on man and they will match up and beat you with speed and power. I don;t think they are unbeatable, but the team that beats them will have to play flawless ball control and shoot a high percentage.

LH Panther Mom
02-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Who are the two Navasota losses to? Ours are to Hutto (11/24), Elgin (12/2) & Beaumont Kelly (12/31).

HEMOTOXIC
02-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I believe the two loses were to Hutto by 7 in the Smithville tournament and Waco High by 1 in OT in the Cameron Tournament. VT2 can help us with this one.

LH Panther Mom
02-19-2009, 03:23 PM
I believe the two loses were to Hutto by 7 in the Smithville tournament and Waco High by 1 in OT in the Cameron Tournament. VT2 can help us with this one.
Hutto by 7? This should be a breeze then! We only lost to them by 5. ;)

HEMOTOXIC
02-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hutto by 7? This should be a breeze then! We only lost to them by 5. ;)
:D

OldBison75
02-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Hope you come watch this one, like Isaid before, two very good teams. Could be a preview for a game in Austin!!!!

AggiesAreWe
02-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Hope you come watch this one, like Isaid before, two very good teams. Could be a preview for a game in Austin!!!!

Not likely.

IHStangFan
02-19-2009, 10:17 PM
GO RATTLERS!!!!

I'm partial to the Rattlers .....I pass through there A LOT! :D

KngKongInDTrunk
02-20-2009, 12:53 PM
How did the girls look? LH and Nastysota?

HEMOTOXIC
02-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Game time today at 2pm in NAVASOTA!

go Snakes!

martwayne
02-21-2009, 12:49 PM
i will be at this game. i follow the ratler football team everywhere, and have not had a chance to see the basketball team play this year, and since lh beat us last year in the football playoffs, looking for this to be a revenge game even though it is round ball. lets do this rattlers, lets go ahead and show lh how we do it in the sota.

navasota 85
lh 78

love them rattlers, whoooo!!!!

OldBison75
02-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Navasota 80
Liberty Hill 78
Final

Outstanding game. Navasota played pretty good and Liberty Hill is an outstanding team. They are quick and handle the ball very well. They will surprise alot of teams.

If Navasota can get by Hardin Jefferson next week, they should look good tillthe regional finals. LH will likely make it to the Regional finals also in Region 1. Don't underestimate how good they really are. A break here or there and they win this game.

Both teams have a good chance to make Austin!!!!!!!!

duckpluck
02-21-2009, 05:02 PM
I heard LH had the lead most of the second half and lost it at the end. Great game, wish I could have been there.

OldBison75
02-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Navasota was up by 10 at one point in the first half but LH fought back to a two point game by half. In the third quarter, LH moved ahead by 3 after Navasota was called for 9 3rd quarter fouls to LH 's 1 foul. In the fourth, it was back and forth for most of the quarter. With 2 seconds left and Navasota up by 1, LH called a timeout on thier inbound play and got a technical for not having any timeouts left. Navasota hit one of two and then held the inbound pass for the win.

martwayne
02-21-2009, 05:12 PM
revenge is so sweet, but i would like to say great game lh and want to wish ya'll the best of luck in the playoffs

go rattlers, take state

HEMOTOXIC
02-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Great game Liberty Hill!! Liberty Hill will go far in the playoffs. I know that rankings don't mean anything, but, LH is far better than that #15 ranking. It was a good warm up game for both teams.

And as far as the LH leading most of the second half, that isn't true. The game was close and LH did take a brief 2 point lead going into the 3rd quarter before the Rattlers over took the Panthers for the lead. Then again, the Panthers took a three point lead in that time frame...Any evet, sorry if you weren't able to be in attendance. It was truely worth the admission.

venomous tat2
02-21-2009, 07:11 PM
This game was not about revenge but about 2 very well coached teams getting ready for the playoffs I for one am very impressed with L H 's program they can flat out play and they are fundamentally sound as well as talented . I talked with the head coach after the game and found out that all of his players are straight basketball players and he has them all year THAT is a plus and it showed . He wanted his team to face a team that is up tempo and press 4 qtrs , I don't know what Reg 1 has but they better watch out . This was a very good test for us as well playing a team that presses the whole game and get after you for 4 qtrs made us work hard , not to say we didn't during dist
but this prepared us for a playoff run . Good luck to the Hill and their fans .

LH Panther Mom
02-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
wish I could have been there.
Me too! It sounded like a GREAT game!

Originally posted by venomous tat2
Good luck to the Hill and their fans .
Good luck to the Rattlers and thanks for the update. :)

OldBison75
02-21-2009, 08:28 PM
MOM---tell all those non believers that LH is the real deal in basketball this year. They play with more intensity and quickness than any team I have seen all year. They play hard and will challenge you from end line to end line. Great game and great bunch of kids. Liberty Hill should be proud.

AggiesAreWe
02-21-2009, 08:40 PM
MOM---tell all those non believers that LH is the real deal in basketball this year. They play with more intensity and quickness than any team I have seen all year. They play hard and will challenge you from end line to end line. Great game and great bunch of kids. Liberty Hill should be proud.

I agree, Liberty Hill is a pretty good team. But they came down to our area earlier in the year and played in the East Chambers tourney. They lost to a Beaumont Kelly team by 7 who lost twice to Silsbee, once by 23 and the other by 12. LH also played Orangefield in this tournament and had to go overtime to beat them. Orangefield lost both district games to Silsbee by an average of 25 points and they also lost both district games to Hardin-Jefferson.

I saw Liberty Hill play 3 games in that tourney and came away somewhat impressed but thought they were not as good as Silsbee and Hardin-Jefferson.

LH Panther Mom
02-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Apparently "who beat who and somebody else went to OT 2 months ago" trumps the way we're playing right now. ;)

There's some very good teams in the state, and we've got Hirschi coming up, so for now, the others don't matter.

HEMOTOXIC
02-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Apparently "who beat who and somebody else went to OT 2 months ago" trumps the way we're playing right now. ;)

There's some very good teams in the state, and we've got Hirschi coming up, so for now, the others don't matter.

You are right mom, you can't worry about who beat who early in the season. LH is the real deal!

Good Luck Panthers!