PDA

View Full Version : District 25 Boys BB Scores

hookandladder
02-18-2009, 07:11 AM
La Grange beat Smithville 82-72, was up by 22 points in the 4th quarter. With their win close out District 9-1, pretty impressive from a team not picked by most anyone to complete for the District Championship. It should end up this way.

La Grange
Bellville
Sealy- if they won last night.

I. B. Watching
02-18-2009, 07:53 AM
Who beat La Grange in district? Are they good enough to go a few rounds?

hookandladder
02-18-2009, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
Who beat La Grange in district? Are they good enough to go a few rounds?

Sealy beat us in the first round of District, we did not play very well. I would say we had close to 40 turnovers and Sealy made us pay. We have not been in the playoffs for a # of years so I have no idea how good the team will be that we are playing. Sometimes that's good to go in blind and just play all out, I know are kids will play hard no matter who we play.

I. B. Watching
02-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Well congratulations to La Grange. I hope they have a nice playoff run, and I hope they enjoy being in postseason.

hookandladder
02-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
Well congratulations to La Grange. I hope they have a nice playoff run, and I hope they enjoy being in postseason.

It's a good and bad thing, 4 to 5 players are also varsity and starting Baseball players. So they will be out of baseball for another 2 to 3 weeks.

STAggie
02-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
La Grange beat Smithville 82-72, was up by 22 points in the 4th quarter. With their win close out District 9-1, pretty impressive from a team not picked by most anyone to complete for the District Championship. It should end up this way.

La Grange
Bellville
Sealy- if they won last night.

Sealy pulled it out last night in overtime. Thanks so much for the updates.

hookandladder
02-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
Sealy pulled it out last night in overtime. Thanks so much for the updates.

No problem, congrats to Sealy.

trg
02-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Congratulations to LaGrange, Bellville, and Sealy for making the playoffs. Good luck to all the teams.

What happened to Bellville last night against Giddings?

Reds fan
02-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by trg
Congratulations to LaGrange, Bellville, and Sealy for making the playoffs. Good luck to all the teams.

Was not there but Chronicle has Giddings over Bellville 61-59.
According to boxscore Bellville jumped to 16-4 lead after 1st quarter and shut down from there on out.

Good luck to all the D25 teams in playoffs!
Hope the Bulls can right the ship and start playing well again.

RedStorm
02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by trg

Didn't get to watch it but word on the street is they didn't play well, and picked up a tech with under a minute left for an illegal substitution. Bellville has not played well as of late as La Grange fans can vouch for our poor execution off the little things(Free throws, Breaking press, Execution at the end of a game)

IHStangFan
02-18-2009, 10:31 PM
So the Bi-District round will be

Needville -vs- Bellville ?
Sealy -vs- Sweeny?

and Stafford and LaGrange have byes?

maestro
02-18-2009, 11:09 PM
sweeny will kill sealy....

needville/bellville will be a matchup of similar styles and personell...

STAggie
02-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by maestro
sweeny will kill sealy....

needville/bellville will be a matchup of similar styles and personell...

Not so fast there, buddy. If Sealy can control the game and keep their head in it, they will give Sweeny a game. Also, we have 6 Sophmores on this team and I believe our JV won their district. D25 better watch out the next couple of years.

scotty
02-19-2009, 12:55 PM
I watched only one Sealy game and they didn't play well at all. But with all of the things they had to overcome, it's hard to believe they will be in the playoffs. I'm sure the La Grange coach will get coach of the year, but if Sealy's coach doesn't get some recognition it's a shame. He held the team together and they won enough games to qualify. Great job Ray.

hookandladder
02-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by scotty
I watched only one Sealy game and they didn't play well at all. But with all of the things they had to overcome, it's hard to believe they will be in the playoffs. I'm sure the La Grange coach will get coach of the year, but if Sealy's coach doesn't get some recognition it's a shame. He held the team together and they won enough games to qualify. Great job Ray.

I agree La Grange coach should get coach the year and also was impressed with the Sealy coach when we played them in La Grange. Kids played hard and seemed well coached.

STAggie
02-19-2009, 01:23 PM
I agree La Grange coach should get coach the year and also was impressed with the Sealy coach when we played them in La Grange. Kids played hard and seemed well coached.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really hope Ray reads the board because I know he could use the words of encouragement. At the beginning of the season I was a little leery but he has really taken control and shown what we always knew was there, a great coach who will hopefully be here for many years. Good luck to the leps and brahmas in the playoffs Rep D25 well.

RedStorm
02-19-2009, 07:04 PM

I would vote for him...his team was always prepared defensively and always look prepared for every situation... akso its good to see Sealy slide into the 3rd spot after going through all they did this year ...good luck to Sealy and La Grange Represent D 25