PDA

View Full Version : McGrady Done For Season

kepdawg
02-18-2009, 01:31 AM
LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3914888)

I. B. Watching
02-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Good riddance. He was done before the season.

waterboy
02-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Definitely no surprise. He gets injured every year and is out for parts of every season. Is he ever healthy? With his history I don't think any other team would take him off the Rockets hands, so a trade is probably out of the question.

crzyjournalist03
02-18-2009, 12:18 PM
No wonder they were trying to trade him for Vince Carter earlier this week...

Bull's-eye
02-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Don't believe everything you read. Several doctors have told McGrady that he can play on that knee and that microfracture surgery would be going to the extreme. He is currently in Chicago getting another 2nd opinion. The fishy thing to this story is that T-Mac tells Stephen A. Smith and doesn't inform the Rockets. IMO, the Rockets and their doctors say he can play, but T-Mac is still having some pain & swelling. He is looking for a doctor to tell him he is hurt and requires surgery. Rumors that he was being shopped was shot down by the owner of the Rockets. Even if he was traded, he would have to pass a physical by the new team. He does have trade value for teams that want to clear pay roll for 2010, as his huge contract ends next summer.

ILS1
02-18-2009, 02:50 PM
He's got the Bill Walton syndrome!!! Injured more than he has played. But at least he doesn't think of himself as the greatest basketball player to ever live like Walton!!

:D :D :D

Maroon87
02-18-2009, 06:52 PM
His knee may be hurt this year, but in my opinion his reputation was damaged beyond repair a while back. The guy is just soft, bottom line.

Bull's-eye
02-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Coach Adelman didn't even know McGrady was out.

Rockets coach Rick Adelman spoke to the press today.

"I found out like everybody else did," said Adelman. "I think there should be a protocol there. There should be a procedure where we have a chance to talk about the situation and not be announced to the press. I don't know why that happened, why he did that, but that's certainly not the way things should be handled."

When asked if he had spoken to Tracy, Adelman was quick to respond.

"No," said Adelman. "You know as much as I do at this point."

I've got plenty more to say on this whole situation soon as it reeks of fishiness on Tracy's part, but we'll let the trade deadline come and go first.