PDA

View Full Version : Madison 65 Ranchview 60

JR2004
02-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Great game tonight by the Wolves. They're such a good team at home and they went back and forth with us all night long and hit several clutch shots down the stretch. That's the first time we've ever walked out of that gym with a win (Our two wins against them this year are the first two times we've ever beaten them.)and they made us earn it from start to finish. It was a three point game with 9 seconds left and they shot a three and it rimmed out. We hit a couple of free throws and that was it. We've been needing a close game like this for awhile now. It was good to see how we responded in a hostile environment.

I'm looking forward to playing the Flying Wildcats in the primetime game on Saturday as well as seeing all the rest of the games down at Ellis Davis!

I. B. Watching
02-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Wow, what a great game. I'll bet the intensity level was off the charts for both teams. Was the gym rocking?

JR2004
02-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
Wow, what a great game. I'll bet the intensity level was off the charts for both teams. Was the gym rocking?

The 2nd half was pretty intense. We had a very, very slow start to the game, but the game got pretty good in the 2nd half. It did get really loud in the 4th when McCary (That kid is a great athlete) for Ranchview caught an alley-oop to pull back to within two. It got to 60 all and it was a pretty wild finish after that.

Ranchview is going to be a tough out for Argyle if they are able to make it to the 2nd round. If they're hitting their 3's (No team in the state of Texas in any class shoots as many 3's as the Wolves do.) they're a very dangerous team.

jason
02-19-2009, 01:23 PM
ranchview's head coach was the head coach of my bci team when i was in high school......

we were called the 'knuckleheads' and other teams would laugh at our name and make fun of our cheap jerseys, and none of us had matching shorts or anything - and then we would beat the crap out of them.....

JR2004
02-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Coach Boyd is a fiery guy and he gets his kids to compete at a high level year after year. He's fun to watch on the sidelines. He's like the Mike D'Antoni of high school coaches.

jason
02-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Coach Boyd is a fiery guy and he gets his kids to compete at a high level year after year. He's fun to watch on the sidelines. He's like the Mike D'Antoni of high school coaches. yeah - i remember playing and looking over to the bench and he would be doing something and i would bust out laughing....