PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales vs. Goliad (basketball)

Gontex
02-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Gonzales has defeated Goliad by the score of 72-47. With the win, the Apaches have ended the season in a tie for the district championship with the Tigers with both teams having 8-2 records.

44INAROW
02-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Way to go Apaches :clap: :clap: I just saw that Edna beat Yoakum 84 to 27 so I guess it's
Gonzales
Goliad
Edna
in the playoffs........

Will Gonzales and Goliad have a playoff game to see who get's the #1 seed?

Gontex, were you at the game? How did the Goliad players react to the loss? When we beat them in Cuero, they wouldn't shake hands and just stormed off into the locker room. :hand:
Good Luck in the playoffs :clap: :clap:

Gontex
02-17-2009, 10:29 PM
They decided top seed by a coin flip. Gonzales will go in as the number 1 seed. I thought Gobblers had a chance to go to the playoffs. I think this is something like 15 years in a row for the Apaches to be in the playoffs.

Gontex
02-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Just read the rest of your post. Franklin fouled out on a technical. Announcers said someone made a mistake and that he only had four fouls but was listed as five. I listened on the radio so I can't tell you a lot about their reaction.

44INAROW
02-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
They decided top seed by a coin flip. Gonzales will go in as the number 1 seed. I thought Gobblers had a chance to go to the playoffs. I think this is something like 15 years in a row for the Apaches to be in the playoffs.

Gobblers made a valiant effort in the 2nd half of district to make the playoffs and it would have worked out but Edna beating Gonzales last week gave them a 1 game edge over Cuero. We needed for Yoakum to beat Edna to put us/Cuero in a tie with Edna for 3rd place.. Well, tonight, Edna beat Yoakum 84 to 27 (ouch for the Bulldogs) Congrats to the Cowboys.... I haven't heard the Cuero/Palacios score yet.

Again, good luck in the playoffs :clap:

Johnny Utah
02-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Cuero won big, 5-5 in district. Congrats to Coach Ott, did a heck of a job.

mwynn05
02-18-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Cuero won big, 5-5 in district. Congrats to Coach Ott, did a heck of a job. coach ott that was in grapeland 5 or 6 years ago?